Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! (727 Views)

MKO Abiola With Shehu Sani In Kaduna (1993 Throwback Photo) / MKO Abiola’s Grave 18 Years After (Photos) / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Destined2win: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2016
Yes you might say he won June 12 election and was denied which was wrong, but we all know that a lot of people who win elections in this nation never claim it.

Aside the election, of what other relevance was MKO to the Nigerian state?
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by thesicilian: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2016
A lot of people assume he would have been some sort of messiah, just because he was denied the opportunity. They forget that the likes of Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan, and now Buhari have also rightfully won elections and yet Nigeria is still as backward as ever.

When Adams Oshiomole won his 'landmark' appeal at the tribunal in 2008, the whole country was agog with excitement. 8yrs on and nobody gives a damn anymore whether there's a governor in Edo state or not.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by youngest85(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2016
Destined2win:
Yes you might say he won June 12 election and was denied which was wrong, but we all know that a lot of people who win elections in this nation never claim it.

Aside the election, of what other relevance was MKO to the Nigerian state?
coz he ws d 1st stammerer dat won a presidential election

3 Likes

Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Destined2win: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2016
thesicilian:
A lot of people assume he would have been some sort of messiah, just because he was denied the opportunity. They forget that the likes of Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan, and now Buhari have also rightfully won elections and yet Nigeria is still as backward as ever.

When Adams Oshiomole won his 'landmark' appeal at the tribunal in 2008, the whole country was agog with excitement. 8yrs on and nobody gives a damn anymore whether there's a governor in Edo state or not.
I think we are placing much emphasis on 'frivolities
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Destined2win: 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
youngest85:
coz he ws d 1st stammerer dat won a presidential election

Hahaha..for real. Didn't know he was a stammerer
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Toosure70: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Because non of your families great as MKO.
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by ministeriallist: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2016
I think the real substance now is that many of our leaders we had high expectation have failed us.
We need truthful leaders.
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Destined2win: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2016
Toosure70:
noted
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by writetopoker: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2016
Toosure70:
childish adult
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by thesicilian: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Destined2win:
I think we are placing much emphasis on 'frivolities
You definitely are.
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nothing but a corrupt manipulative crook MKO was. Good riddance
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by sashash(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
in response to your poser...I will leave out his philanthropic deeds which covered the whole of Nigeria to be modest...The 93 election was the only election whereby the entire country voted without ethno-religious prejudices....MKO's reluctance to give up his mandate* birthed the current democratic dispensation whereby we have freedom of expression that we can post anything we want on any social media without harassment...if u were old enough in the 90s u will understand this....
Re: Why Is MKO Abiola Remembered? I Don't Know Why! by Destined2win: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
sashash:
in response to your poser...I will leave out his philanthropic deeds which covered the whole of Nigeria to be modest...The 93 election was the only election whereby the entire country voted without ethno-religious prejudices....MKO's reluctance to give up his mandate* birthed the current democratic dispensation whereby we have freedom of expression that we can post anything we want on any social media without harassment...if u were old enough in the 90s u will understand this....

wow

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution- Wall Street Journal / Did You Know That.......?? / please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.