Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. (732 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin And 30 Lawyers In Court To Challenge His Suspension (Photo) / I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye / Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by GoodandBad007: 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
Please I need an Urgent response to this post. My Landlord just served us (tenants) a notice of an increment in House rent to take effect next month.
So I want to know if this is legally right or is there supposed to be a prior notice and a reasonable time given to the tenant?
Its his house, yes, but shouldn't the notice have come before now ,let's say 3 or 6 months notice of increment. Please LAWYERS in the house should give me some answers please .
Increased from 10k per month to 18k per month and is to take effect next month . imagine, for this kind time. Is this not wickedness??

1 Like

Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by keally: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
GoodandBad007:
Please I need an Urgent response to this post. My Landlord just served us (tenants) a notice of an increment in House rent to take effect next month.
So I want to know if this is legally right or is there supposed to be a prior notice and a reasonable time given to the tenant?
Its his house, yes, but shouldn't the notice have come before now ,let's say 3 or 6 months notice of increment. Please LAWYERS in the house should give me some answers please .
Increased from 10k per month to 18k per month and is to take effect next month . imagine, for this kind time. Is this not wickedness??
. Constitutionally, increment should be 10percent per annum.

2 Likes

Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by GoodandBad007: 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
keally:
. Constitutionally, increment should be 10percent per annum.

Thanks bro
Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by Justiyke4u: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Was there any tenancy agreement to the effect that a specified period of time is required before any increment? If there is not, nothing may be stopping him from doing so though it is so wrong to do so

1 Like

Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by meeklocs: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
if u pay monthly den he is right,if u pay every half year,its 3 months notice,if its 1 year,its 6 months notice. if monthly,den 1 month notice

1 Like

Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by TheLegal(m): 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
meeklocs:
if u pay monthly den he is right,if u pay every half year,its 3 months notice,if its 1 year,its 6 months notice. if monthly,den 1 month notice
The notice you are talking about is as regards quit notice and not notice to increase rent.
Op go back to your agreement with him. if there is any clause there stipulating when and how rent may be increased, you should insist that your landlord complies with it.

1 Like

Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by GoodandBad007: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Was there any tenancy agreement to the effect that a specified period of time is required before any increment? If there is not, nothing may be stopping him from doing so though it is so wrong to do so

No tenancy agreement of such.
Re: please i need Urgent Response From The Lawyers In The House. by Justiyke4u: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
GoodandBad007:

No tenancy agreement of such.
that's the problem is always good to have such an agreement so that both parties will feel protected

(1) (Reply)

Borno Gov’s Office Turn Boxing Ring / Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands / BREAKING NEWS: Governor Ikpeazu Of Abia State Removed From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.