Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers (7703 Views)

IPOB Mobilizing To Humiliate Buhari In U.S - Northern Group Raises Alarm / Don’t Instigate Another War, Kanu Tells Buhari / 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by smbmedia: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) yesterday described the destruction of oil installations embarked upon by the Niger Delta Avengers as an invitation to another civil war.

It also warned the militant group to desist from its “madness” of breaking oil pipelines, saying that the country cannot afford another war at this time.

Speaking in a telephone interview yesterday, ACF Chairman and former Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Ahmadu Coomassie, said the Avengers unending attacks on the nation’s oil installations were unjustifiable, as necessary machinery to develop the region has been put in place by the Federal Government. He said: “There is the Ministry of ..... see more...... http://starmediabase..com.ng/2016/06/dont-push-us-to-another-war-northern.html

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by ascek(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
War with niger delta Avengers or niger deltans? Did Nigeria wage war with the northern people or with bokoharam? Why is only the north threatening war? Is western Nigeria not part of Nigeria? Or is the effect of the barbaric act by the millitant not being felt by the niger deltans? This coming from arewa is not a good way of solving the problem at hand. I wonder what they did in solving the menace of boko haram activities.

Oh my God. Today's is my son's birthday.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Luckylife(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Really!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by wordychap: 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
No country has ever survived 2 civil wars!
So if it comes to another war, Nigeria surely breaks n SS oil remains with SS.
So it's a win win situation for the South.
Nobody's asking for a war anywhere!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by biafran1stson(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
A very strong wind is blowing in the old eastern Nigeria. It's a wind of brother's sacrifice, a wind of freedom, a wind of justice, and a wind of VENGENCE. It will consume anyone that stand in the way; including ACF.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by writetopoker: 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
smbmedia:
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) yesterday described the destruction of oil installations embarked upon by the Niger Delta Avengers as an invitation to another civil war.

It also warned the militant group to desist from its “madness” of breaking oil pipelines, saying that the country cannot afford another war at this time.

Speaking in a telephone interview yesterday, ACF Chairman and former Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Ahmadu Coomassie, said the Avengers unending attacks on the nation’s oil installations were unjustifiable, as necessary machinery to develop the region has been put in place by the Federal Government. He said: “There is the Ministry of ..... see more...... http://starmediabase..com.ng/2016/06/dont-push-us-to-another-war-northern.html

even in biafran's naive state then, the first war with all the Nigeria army might couldn't be won without the help of Britain, lasted for good 3three years, it was only food shortage strategy that was used to make us surrender.
If the norths think we are South West, then they should have a rethink, because we aren't, can never be and isn't known for cowardice.

Enough is enough, we are just marking time, waiting for "forward march". Theirs no war without casualties from both ends. Quote me anywhere, Whatever the igbo's are been accused of including, our Nnamdi Kanu has been committed time and time again by these imbecilic Hausas and yellobas. We can't forget of the then Radio Kudirat that was even accused of treason by the then government, currently different threats of succession by opc, arewa and likes of them on monthly basis.

They are only beating a child then tried telling the child not to cry or how to cry.

In summary I only see them as foolish fools.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by SleekAboki: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dialogue with intent to restructure is key.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by demielvis: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
The Ipob and Nda do not want war either.tell yourselves the truth,is it not better to look into their demands?
The north wants war and all their strategies points to a direction.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by WATCHOVER(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
These so called northern group are useless.
I thought they said the South should eat their oil, why they eat their yams. Yeye Northerners.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by theEYe21(f): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blood must have blood Let there be war!!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by ckmayoca: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ab.oki na abok.i whether big or small.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by achi4u(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Northerners are afraid of their oil investments in the Niger Delta. North and Nigeria cannot withstand another shock they will met should another civil war erupt.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Nature8(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
Which kind war are these northern people talking about?
Wetin concern northern people?
No be NDA property NDA dey destroy?
Abeg make una go seat down jor! Mtchwwwww..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Elders must speak in conciliatory terms and not in war-like tone of voice. The angry youths blowing up pipelines in the Niger Delta should be placated not further angered with unguarded utterances such as this....
The ACF should join other Nigerians in the call for the restructuring of the country. That is the only way to bury the constant fear of another civil war.

10 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Sexytemi(f): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hmmmm, i just don't know why this two abi three tribes(north, south east and south south) like war, we the westerns go sit down they look una o, because we know say @ the end na we go still settle una matter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Photizos: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
theEYe21:
Blood must have blood Let there be war!!!! grin
Nigeria: A Divided Nation
Nigeria, described as the most populous black nation on earth; biggest economy in Africa with enormous natural resources and highly diverse people. This nation is fragile and susceptible to failure if appropriate and sustainable strategies are not apply to deal with the current situations confronting it. This is a nation divided along four main issues: (1) ethnicity, (2) religion, (3) party affiliation, and (4) resources. It should be accepted that nationality and national unity cannot be forced upon people, at least, not anymore; and that discussion on peaceful secession of any group or ethnics should be allow without disbarment. I believed that promoting the status quo of oneness without opportunity to address our differences is dangerous for our national existence as a nation. I start this article on the premise that unless and until Hausa person can be elected as governor of Bayelsa or Rivers, Ijaw person elected as governor of Kano or Kogi, Yoruba person elected as governor of Abia or Anambra, and Igbo person elected as governor of Kastina or Kaduna, Nigeria practically remain a divided nation.
The notion that Nigeria existence is non-negotiable is not only nonsensical but undermines opportunity to build a united and indivisible country. In fact, the current idea that Nigeria is a united and indivisible country is ludicrous, bizarre and problematical for Nigeria’s corporate existence and future generations. We have move passed the era of amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria. Now, corporate existence of this nation must be on discussion table and no ethics group should be forced to remain in this failed state which never promote the concept of “Nigerian” but “Indigene”. This is Nigeria fundamental flaw because rather than seeing ourselves as Nigerians, we see ourselves as Indigenes of . . ., not the least, in Nigeria. Thus, our ethics and religious differences must be acknowledge, no need pretending about them; issues of fiscal federalism, resource control, regional government, state policing, environmental injustice, poor educational standards, corruption, unemployment, armed robbery and kidnapping, road traffic accidents and inadequate infrastructures, militancy and terrorism, over-dependence on imported goods, reckless government spending on foreign trips, devaluation of naira, incoherent economics policies and strategies, and leadership failure must be address. However, these issues cannot be sustainably address without addressing the current structure of Nigeria.
Theoretically, Nigeria is a federal country but in practice each of the federating states are not autonomous but rather form a unitary system of government which undermines states’ rights and development. This system of government also breeds corruption and enhance situation where one ethnicity is perceived as born-to-rule. Given our current challenges from economic crisis, fulani herdsmen crisis, boko haram terrorism crisis, Niger Delta militancy, to Biafra agitation and related crises, the present President Buhari and his administration must think outside the box. Although one must give some credits to Mr Buhari efforts in tackling corruption and building the nation, but this isn’t sufficient. Fighting of corruption must be fair and a tool perceived as fighting political enemies. To critics, as you prosecute PDP campaign funding, while not also prosecute APC campaign funding. The blame game, judicial injustice, and militarisation approach over handling of the various crises across the nation including the Niger Delta is capable of dividing this nation in the long run. This government is promoting a failed and doomed approach which is not sustainable or capable addressing the proximate cause of the crisis in Niger Delta. Do we destroy the town in order to save it?
Following the above, I called for sustainable risk and crisis management strategies in handling the current crises across Nigeria. The strategies may include turning local illegal refineries into legal artisanal refineries where local people can effectively participate in oil business, fiscal federalism, regional government where every regions or geopolitical zones is autonomous, state policing and equal opportunities for all Nigeria without regards to their ethnicity. I must conclude that unless and until Hausa person can be elected as governor of Bayelsa or Rivers, Ijaw person elected as governor of Kano or Kogi, Yoruba person as governor of Abia or Anambra, and Igbo person elected as governor of Kastina or Kaduna, Nigeria remain a divided nation. Like it or not! Let all government officials whether APC or PDP (including Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo, Atiku, Babaginda, Tinubu, Fashola, Amechi, Osibanjo, Tambuwa, Okorocha, Ngige, Lai, Wike, Dickson, Saraki, Rochas, Mimiko, Rauf, Kalu, etc.) see this post to promote oneness and indivisible nation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Adminisher: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
wordychap:
No country has ever survived 2 civil wars!
So if it comes to another war, Nigeria surely breaks n SS oil remains with SS.
So it's a win win situation for the South.
Nobody's asking for a war anywhere!
Please leave the survival of Nigeria out of it. The civil war caused the death of 2 million people more than half through starvation. It is so serious that I get insulting when I discuss this.
You have to be congenitally stupid from great grandfathers to think that is a win win situation for anybody. Most people think it is a big game of knock out and bangers. It is not, it is children dying in front of their parents, it is women raped by the most atrocious of demons, in fact to paint the picture it is a fine graduate taken to the bush and raped by 10 dirty Fulani herdsmen, unspeakable atrocities because law and order breaks down, it is stagnation, no progress, no career, no love life, no romance. The worst part of it is it does not last just one or two years, not three, not four
I say it again, one has to be congenitally stupid from the forefathers to glorify war.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by buharisbae(f): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
I smell civil war part 2 loading .....grin I don pack go Canada
Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by modath(f): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
bejeiodus:
Elders must speak in conciliatory terms and not in war-like tone of voice. The angry youths blowing up pipelines in the Niger Delta should be placated not further angered with unguarded utterances such as this....
The ACF should join other Nigerians in the call for the restructuring of the country. There lies our catalyst for greatness.

Bro, be realistic, Do you sincerely believe there will be a peaceful resolution of this impasse??

Do you see a situation where Ifeanyi Ubah or Elumelu will want to be a "foreigner" in Lagos?

*I'm 150% in support of true federalism or a peaceful divorce in this marriage of inconvenience but i don't see it happening on a platter of gold, Only the south are pushing for that which makes it , go big or go home*

All i pray when shyte hits the fan is for my people not to be caught in the crossfire cos as violent as ND (Ijaw) believe/ assume/ think they can be, the Hausa /Fulani are 3x more and aren't afraid to go all out as well...

A word is enough for the wise, nuff said.. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by SuperS1Panther: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
1966 is replaying itself again.

North vs Ipob ft Niger Delta Scavengers.

While SW keeps sending mercenaries to other regions to assist them with their quest -- in the voice of demented senator akpabio.

Make u na start on time o.

Be warned, no one;s compass must see SW as either the way to Kaduna or Enugu or Gbaramatu. If your compass is malfunctioning, please endeavour to buy a new one before you start your hostilities.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by nonhuman(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sexytemi:
Hmmmm, i just don't know why this two abi three tribes(north, south east and south south) like war, we the westerns go sit down they look una o, because we know say @ the end na we go still settle una matter.
mumu north is not a tribe and the eastern Nigeria is also not a tribe

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Sexytemi(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
nonhuman:
mumu north is not a tribe and the eastern Nigeria is also not a tribe

Then what are they?, am not in d mood for insults or insulting any one, so i would appreciate u take back that insult.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
modath:

Bro, be realistic, Do you sincerely believe there will be a peaceful resolution of this impasse??

Do you see a situation where Ifeanyi Ubah or Elumelu will want to be a "foreigner" in Lagos?

*I'm 150% in support of true federalism or a peaceful divorce in this marriage of inconvenience but i don't see it happening on a platter of gold, Only the south are pushing for that which makes it , go big or go home*

All i pray when shyte hits the fan is for my people not to be caught in the crossfire cos as violent as ND (Ijaw) believe/ assume/ think they can be, the Hausa /Fulani are 3x more and aren't afraid to go all out as well...

A word is enough for the wise, nuff said.. lipsrsealed
We can ill-afford to fight another civil war. The humanitarian crisis will shock the world. I still believe we can work out a mutually agreeable system that will cater to the needs of everyone. We have gone too far together to think of parting ways...But then, if that is the only way to reach the efflorescence of our potentials, it thus becomes a necessary evil.
Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Slikbae: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
oo
Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by modath(f): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
bejeiodus:
We can ill-afford to fight another civil war. The humanitarian crisis will shock the world. I still believe we can work out a mutually agreeable system that will cater to the needs of everyone. We have gone too far together to think of parting ways...But then, if that is the only way to reach the efflorescence of our potentials, it thus becomes a necessary evil.

School me cos i can't see it..... They won't allow a structure that favours them go without putting up a fight... One person offline mentioned that they will resist it since it.... Perilous time ahead... uhmmm. angry
Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
If this story is true then the Northern elites have not changed since 1960... They are clamoring for war when everybody is telling their brother to implement Confab report..God punish all of them...If another war breaks now...they would have the highest casualty because they will be fighting war in two end...they have the most number in The army ..yes..but that wont be enough to fight a war..seriously nothern Nigeria is a curse to this country,,they cant think straight like a 10yrs old .. Same way Gown treatend war because he cant implement Aburi Accord that support resource ownership...

we have been preparing for this...
Nonsense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by jamesibor: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
smbmedia:

Speaking in a telephone interview yesterday, ACF Chairman and former Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Ahmadu Coomassie, said the Avengers unending attacks on the nation’s oil installations were unjustifiable, as [b]necessary machinery to develop the region has been put in place by the Federal Government. [/b]He said: “There is the Ministry of ..... see more...... http://starmediabase..com.ng/2016/06/dont-push-us-to-another-war-northern.html

Yes, necessary machinery has been put in place to develop Niger delta and that is why they cut amnesty budget from N60bn to 20 bn, cut Niger delta ministry money from N51bn to N19bn, cut NDDC money from N250bn to N41bn. Do they think they are addressing fellow camels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCvmb48xb8

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Donclaracuzo: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Now, I see what the hausas believe! Thinking that another war might only be fought in the east is just a day dream. It will be felt in Rano, Kazaure, Zaria, Ungongo, kastina, zungeru, sokoto, and the whole northern emirs will have a taste of it! let them continue living in fools paradise!!!

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by erusen: 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
I should be planning to leave this country, with these kind of mindset,we these northeners ever allow regionalization?,well I thank god that they are the most backward region,it is a fiiting reward for the anti-progress stupidity they have caused this country

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by proeast(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
bejeiodus:
Dont mind the imbe.ciles clamouring for war as if its childs play. ACF is made up of fuuls, they shouldnt start what they cant finish, a united SE/SS will defeat Nigeria any day. All we want is true fiscal federalism to salvage this country from the precipice & not war mongering!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers by Igboid: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
I never saw IPOB in the news, only NDA. The mischievous OP added IPOB to achieve traffic.

Inasmuch as Ndiigbo support NDA in their demands, our interest with theirs are not exactly the same.

Ndiigbo must avoid being sucked in into Niger delta battles, those people are still filled with Igbo hatred and don't like us any more than they love Yorubas and Hausas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly / Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River / Olu Falae: Borrowing Not Bad; But What For, From Who, On What Terms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.