Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River (7707 Views)

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Motorcyclists Break Into Governor Ayade's Office, Dump Corpse Of Colleague There / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by remababy(f): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
Five Non Governmental Organisations in Cross River State, namely: Cross River State for Good Governance, (CRSFGG), Cross River Accountability Forum, (CRAF), Cross River Society Network, (CRSN), Cross River Coalition For Justice, (CRCFJ), and Arise for Local Government Autonomy, (AFLGA), have given the Governor of the State, Prof Ben Ayade, a 14-day ultimatum to begin the process of conducting local government election in the state or they will take to the streets in protest.

Speaking to journalists in Cross River State on behalf of the NGOs, Comrade Emmanuel Agbor said the PDP administration led by Gov Ben Ayade has failed the people as he has refused to conduct local government elections since the last set of council chairmen and councillors elected during the administration of former Governor Liyel Imoke ended their tenure in 2016.

The groups condemned what they described as the undemocratic behaviour of the ruling PDP by refusing to institute democratic structure at the local government level.

He wondered why Governor Ben Ayade, who prides himself as a democrat, would find it difficult conducting local government elections since he became governor in 2015, but has resorted to appointing civil servants as heads of local government administration (HOLGA) who have been running the councils to the detriment of Cross Riverians.

Agbor, who is the coordinator of Arise for Local Government Autonomy, AFLGA, said: “We have endured the PDP for too long. We cannot continue in this undemocratic manner when we claim to be a democratic party. This is the auspicious time for us to rise up and be counted in this struggle to rescue the local government
“If in the next few months the PDP government refuses to democratize the grassroots administration, we shall employ all legal means to get the right things done.”

On his part, the state Chairman of APC, Mr John Ochala, told journalists that: “It is unimaginable that Governor Ben Ayade could not conduct council election and rather rationalizing that the councils are not buoyant enough to sustain itself.”
Ochala continued, “APC is committed to enthroning a democratic culture at the local level and giving the people the freedom to choose who leads them.

“The withholding of local govt funds is a welcome development. It is what our party have been canvassing for all along. It is the only way the state governors will be compelled to conduct local government elections.

“It’s unfortunate that the country has degenerated to the level where governors will display so much contempt for the very system that brought them to power,” he stated.

When our correspondent called the PDP State Chairma,n Ntufam Edim Inok on phone for comments as he was not in the office, he failed to pick his calls. Similarly, the permanent secretary Ministry of information, Aye Henshaw, could not be reached on phone.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/gov-ayade-gets-14-day-ultimatum-conduct-lg-election-cross-river/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by KIDfurniture(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
cool hu
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by livebyday(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
Let's all pray for progress in all states

Cheers
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by nauto12: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
It unfair for any Governor to refuse to conduct LGA election and use caretakers Chairman

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by fergie001: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
senatordave1
garfield1

Abia news don come oooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
Na so
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by phransix2: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
The way Akwa Ibom surpassed Cross River in terms of infrastructural development baffles me... Donald Duke was doing a good job while Arc. Victor Attah was then sleeping but when they passed batons to Imoke and Akpabio respectively. a true uncommon transformation took place in Akwa Ibom leaving Cross River as just the cleanest state in the south.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by RDPMAN: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Okau
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by JubrinElSudan: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
Ayade na pure scam. He just dey use English intimidate/deceive Cross River people.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Tawonepoke: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
This pishaw will go well for a meme oooo, I'm creating one right away grin
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
Ok. Let's wait and see how it will unfold.
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by MrTrend(m): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
One of the worst governor Cross River has ever produced

Mr traveller.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by yinkus6750(m): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
NGO giving ultimatum?
Until the third tier of the executive government gets full autonomy, things won't change.
And its all about controlling the LG allocation
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Reference(m): 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
One party state. No progress. Enjoy.
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by donate(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Tawonepoke:

lmao....my governor u want use as new meme?

las las ayade na scam!
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by donate(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Tawonepoke:

lmao....na my governor u want use as new meme?

las las ayade na scam!
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by donate(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Ayade u try geh sense na, even if na just for 6months......
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Alejobs: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Is it really difficult to be good?
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
phransix2:
The way Akwa Ibom surpassed Cross River in terms of infrastructural development baffles me... Donald Duke was doing a good job while Arc. Victor Attah was then sleeping but when they passed batons to Imoke and Akpabio respectively. a true uncommon transformation took place in Akwa Ibom leaving Cross River as just the cleanest state in the south.
oga say Wat u know.. akwa ibom stop were Akpabio stop.. ask me for proof... but wait u mean 4years past no chairmen an councillors in cross river..hhhy an the say this country will be good under PDP.. Abeg PDP an APC should go.. we are tired of this bunch criminals claiming saint an also claiming the largest party in Africa
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Blue3k(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
This is a pointless ultimatum that will go ignored. If they want to effect change they should lobby the state assemblies to make laws on this issue. Do we wait for Buhari to conduct elections at his leisure? The state simply need to copy national laws or improve upon it.

phransix2:

Why would it surprise you when Akwa Ibom state with double the GDP surpases Cross River? There's obvious reasons why this even was inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by phransix2: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
freshMallam1122:
oga say Wat u know.. akwa ibom stop were Akpabio stop.. ask me for proof... but wait u mean 4years past no chairmen an councillors in cross river..hhhy an the say this country will be good under PDP.. Abeg PDP an APC should go.. we are tired of this bunch criminals claiming saint an also claiming the largest party in Africa

Are u truly a Mallam?
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
totally agree... this short man just messed things up.. we need legit LGA chairmen
phransix2:
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
phransix2:

Are u truly a Mallam?
Niiiii...the nii Saviet ...Mr sanator
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Blue3k:
This is a pointless ultimatum that will go ignored. If they want to effect change they should lobby the state assemblies to make laws on this issue. Do we wait for Buhari to conduct elections at his leisure? The state simply need to copy national laws or improve upon it.

Why would it surprise you when Akwa Ibom state with double the GDP surpases Cross River? There's obvious reasons why this even was inevitable.
oga sir cross river generate more tax than akwa ibom.. so the little generated in akwa-ibom is just from the toothpicks factory that's all.. the syringe company is a private public enterprise.. even the ibom air... so just believe me PDP an Udom is a scarmer
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
this is it.. I keep records

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
this is another one

Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by Blue3k(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
freshMallam1122:
oga sir cross river generate more tax than akwa ibom.. so the little generated in akwa-ibom is just from the toothpicks factory that's all.. the syringe company is a private public enterprise.. even the ibom air... so just believe me PDP an Udom is a scarmer

You're wrong about tax generated and you screenshoted my comment explaining different subject.

freshMallam1122:
this is another one

The 2018 charts prove you wrong. If you want argue tax to GDP sure u have a point.

2018 IGR:
Akwa Ibom: 24,210,810,102.72
Cross River: 17,552,112,937.09
Re: Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River by freshMallam1122: 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
Blue3k:

You're wrong about tax generated and you screenshoted my comment.

The 2018 charts prove you wrong. If you want argue tax to GDP sure u have a point.

2018 IGR:
Akwa Ibom: 24,210,810,102.72
Cross River: 17,552,112,937.09
u AR wrong too.. meet Shehu sani.. he updated it.. not u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity / Obi Is Beginning To Disappoint Me / Yemi Osinbajo Encourages Farmers In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.