Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

God Is Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Dead (2303 Views)

CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Dead by captainnigeria(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
The idea of God is a hoax. This is a lie perpetuated by ignorance and the need to keep hope alive. People want to believe in something so they can say their lives meant something. Alas we are not special. You are the same dacaying organic matter as everybody else. I will give just one evidence to prove this illusion called God though many examples abound
The age of the earth. According to the Abrahamic religions which include christianity and islam, the earth is probably like 9000 YEARS OLD if we take from the beginning when Adam was created and we progress through to jesus christ and anow 2016 years after death. Geology and quantum physics tell us otherwise. These denials of modern geology are astonishing in the extreme to any scientist familiar with the depth and strength of the evidence for a 4.54 billion-year-old earth. Geologic dates are calculated using any of several well-established techniques based on known rates of radioactivity, a phenomenon that is rooted in fundamental laws of physics (quantum mechanics), and which follows simple mathematical formulas. Dating schemes based on rates of radioactivity have been refined and scrutinized for several decades. For details on how these ages are measured and calculated, see Radiometric dating.
So how reliable are these dates?
As with any experimental procedure, these measurements are subject to certain “glitches” and “anomalies,” as noted in the literature. But through several decades of extensive use, scientists have identified these difficulties and have designed careful experimental procedures to avoid them. And modern high-tech mass spectrometers can obtain reliable dates even on microscopic samples.
The chance that a single peer-reviewed measurement is off by a factor of millions is slim indeed. But the chance that every one of the these measurements is off by such a huge factor is absolutely zero.
Besides, one can determine the rough age of the earth by a very simple calculation. It is a fact that among all known isotopes found on earth that are not themselves products of radioactive decay,everyisotope with a half life less than about 70 million years is absent (evidently because all traces have disappeared during the age of the earth), yeteveryisotope with a half life greater than about 70 million years is present at some detectable level. Since our current technology can detect isotopes with an abundance of roughly one part in a trillion (corresponding to the amount remaining after 40 half lives), this shows that the material from which our earth formed is at least 40 x 70 million (= 2.8 billion) years old. Now please explain to me how you can still blindly believe in the Abrahamic God after such irrefutable evidence. Evolution and theory of natural selection show a progression and the obey the law of probability. There is no evidence for creationism.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by Weirdberg1: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Please just

Re: God Is Dead by Patroclous: 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
I Pity You ...Do You Know Why I Pity You ...I Pity You Because You Dont Know The Finger You Are Biting...Do You Want The Finger Of The Lord To Come Upon You..You Say God Is Dead Yet Last Week Something Happened To You And You Mentioned The Name Of JESUS For Safety...how dare you say God does not exist after the numerous evidences that yo can see...dont you know that is the reason he is called GOD an eternal being whose ways are unfathomable dont you know that GOD is more real than anything you see and touch...you have committed sacrilage against the lord dont say what even the devils are afraid of saying..the bible says there is a God The Devils Know It And They Tremble...If You Dont Go On Your Knees And Ask For Forgiveness...The Finger Of The Lord will come Upon You in a terrible way chai how dare you say such a thing ...If You Dont Repent Of Your Words the GOD that created you will teach you an unforgettable lesson....within seven days watch out and see you dont know the gravity of what u have just done...
Re: God Is Dead by geoworldedu: 12:35am On Jun 13, 2016
Patroclous:
I Pity You ...Do You Know Why I Pity You ...I Pity You Because You Dont Know The Finger You Are Biting...Do You Want The Finger Of The Lord To Come Upon You..You Say God Is Dead Yet Last Week Something Happened To You And You Mentioned The Name Of JESUS For Safety...how dare you say God does not exist after the numerous evidences that yo can see...dont you know that is the reason he is called GOD an eternal being whose ways are unfathomable dont you know that GOD is more real than anything you see and touch...you have committed sacrilage against the lord dont say what even the devils are afraid of saying..the bible says there is a God The Devils Know It And They Tremble...If You Dont Go On Your Knees And Ask For Forgiveness...The Finger Of The Lord will come Upon You in a terrible way chai how dare you say such a thing ...If You Dont Repent Of Your Words the GOD that created you will teach you an unforgettable lesson....within seven days watch out and see you dont know the gravity of what u have just done...

jehovah finger sweet like sweet elepa. I just finished chewing d stuff grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 12:53am On Jun 13, 2016
When I ask for video proof for the nonsense assumptions he wrote up there , they'll say Ive come again undecided .
Re: God Is Dead by captainnigeria(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
When I ask for video proof for the nonsense assumptions he wrote up there , they'll say Ive come again undecided .
did you understand my article. If you did you can google the age of the earth on wikipedia to assauge any doubts you might have. The science is not wrong. Quantum physics is actually a thing
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 4:23am On Jun 17, 2016
captainnigeria:
did you understand my article. If you did you can google the age of the earth on wikipedia to assauge any doubts you might have. The science is not wrong. Quantum physics is actually a thing

There are quantum physicists who are religious people . If science or quantum physics refutes God then all scientists would have been atheists , but that's not the case . There are more religious scientists worldwide than non-God believers who are scientists .

The above alone defeats the terminus ad quem of your thread . Deal with it , a conscious eternal creator - God - exists .
Re: God Is Dead by donnffd(m): 4:53am On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There are quantum physicists who are religious people . If science or quantum physics refutes God then all scientists would have been atheists , but that's not the case . There are more religious scientists worldwide than non-God believers who are scientists .

The above alone defeats the terminus ad quem of your thread . Deal with it , a conscious eternal creator - God - exists .

Noone said Science refutes God, i dont know where you heard that, it completely untrue

The percentage of religious scientists is about 7%, but out of that 7% , 83% accepts Evolution, the big bang and the rest of science...which most of you theist believes is a conspiracy by scientists.

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 5:14am On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

The percentage of religious scientists is about 7%, but out of that 7% , 83% accepts Evolution, the big bang and the rest of science...which most of you theist believNoone said Science refutes God, i dont know where you heard that, it completely untrue
es is a conspiracy by scientists.

I said worldwide . There are 93 percent of NAS members who are either agnostic or atheistic - that's 2,093 out 2,250 members of the National Academy of Science in the US . Worldwide the religious scientists are preponderant .

Actually I read an article that noted that most people in elite organisations hide their belief or choose not to state their religious affiliation , some dont even have any religion - that means out of the 2093 , I'm afraid that there might be a modicum number of real atheists and more of deists .

Irreligiousity or having no religion has always been mistaken for atheism or agnosticism . The UK now have the irreligious preponderant , that does not mean they are now atheists , it means they simply have no religion- it does not mean you don't believe in God .

The precis of this yarn is that most modern scientists embrace deism - the philosophical position that accepts the existence of God but rejects any evidence especially from religion that proves this single creator . Deists have no religion
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 5:28am On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

Noone said Science refutes God, i dont know where you heard that, it completely untrue

The percentage of religious scientists is about 7%, but out of that 7% , 83% accepts Evolution, the big bang and the rest of science...which most of you theist believes is a conspiracy by scientists.

From my above yarn , you can deduce that some members of the science community are being coerced to accept certain scientific theories so they won't be seen as encumbrances to the progress of these science theories .

You should also note that a priest called Georges Lemaitre in 1927 proposed what has turned out to be the prevailing cosmological model - the Big Bang Theory - that somewhat explains the origin of the universe .

Scientists who accept Evolution are theistic evolutionists - they believe God did it through Evolution . The Catholic Church has accepted the creation story in the bible as allegorical , so you see the scientists who are Catholics are part of that statistics . And the Catholic church make up more than 50 percent of the number of Christians .

The OP tacitly agreed that science refutes God - that explains the title of his thread , "God is dead "
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 17, 2016
In this digital age, Any 1 who still believes there's a god who lives in a mansion, and sits on a golden throne, surrounded by thousands of fairies with white wings & feathers - singing holy, holy, holy from morning till night is in a perpetual state of otomopoic talishangai. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 6:18am On Jun 17, 2016
Zoharariel:
In this digital age, Any 1 who still believes there's a god who lives in a mansion, and sits on a golden throne, surrounded by thousands of fairies with white wings & feathers - singing holy, holy, holy from morning till night is in a perpetual state of otomopoic talishangai. grin

Receive sense ! A post from my pal

KingEbukasBlog:
We need to start having a clearer picture of who God truly is and how he reveals Himself to man

There are several references to the throne of God in the Bible. Jesus calls heaven “God’s throne” in Matthew 5:34, recalling God’s statement in Isaiah 66:1, “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.” Other references to God’s throne are found in 2 Chronicles 18:18; Psalm 11:4; Hebrews 8:1; 12:2; Revelation 1:4; 3:21; 4:2; and many other verses.

A throne is a special seat reserved for a monarch. When the Bible speaks of God’s “throne,” the emphasis is on God’s transcendence, dignity, and sovereign rule. The fact that His throne is in heaven further underscores the transcendent nature of God’s existence.

The throne of God need not be thought of as a literal throne. God the Father is incorporeal (John 4:24). Not having a physical body, God does not literally “sit.” References to a divine throne are akin to biblical allusions to God’s “hand” or “mouth” or “eyes”—they are anthropomorphisms, descriptions of God couched in human terms out of deference to our limited knowledge. God has to describe Himself in ways we can understand.

Isaiah sees the Lord “high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple” (Isaiah 6:1). At that time, the prophet was having an inspired vision. God’s throne (and His robe) are not to be taken as literal, physical objects. Rather, God was communicating to Isaiah the magnificence, splendor, and exaltation of His Being. Other descriptions of the throne of God are found in other prophetic visions, e.g., in those of Ezekiel and John.

God’s throne is a place of power and authority. In 2 Chronicles 18:18, the prophet Micaiah relates his vision of God’s throne room, in which spirit beings stand in attendance. Compare this to Job 1:6, where God demands answers from the angelic beings summoned there.

God’s throne is a place of majesty and honor. The Bible says that, when Jesus ascended to heaven, He “sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2). There is no higher place than heaven. God is the King of heaven, and Jesus holds the place of honor at God’s right hand.

God’s throne is a place of perfect justice. “He has prepared His throne for judgment” (Psalm 4:7; cf. 89:14). The final judgment, described in Revelation 21, is held before “a great white throne” (verse 11).

God’s throne is a place of sovereignty and holiness. “God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne” (Psalm 47:8; cf. 103:19). He does whatever He pleases, and all He does is good.

God’s throne is a place of praise. John’s vision of heaven includes a scene in which a “new song” is sung in praise to the One who occupies the throne (Revelation 14:3). Around the throne, the praise of God is surely “glorious” (Psalm 66:2).

God’s throne is a place of purity. Only the redeemed, those who have been granted the righteousness of Christ, will have the right to stand before His throne (Revelation 14:5).

God’s throne is a place of eternal life. God is the Source of life. In heaven, John sees “the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb” (Revelation 22:1).

God’s throne is a place of grace. Not only does the throne of God represent judgment for the unbeliever, but it also represents mercy and grace for His children. “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). Inside the Jewish temple was the Ark of the Covenant, which was a “copy of the true” (Hebrews 9:24), and it had a “mercy seat” where God’s presence would appear (Leviticus 16:2, ESV).

One day, all creation will bow to the majesty of God’s throne (Philippians 2:9–11). The regal beings surrounding the throne of God will “lay their crowns before the throne and say: ‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power’” (Revelation 4:10–11).
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2016
@ Zoharariel

What do angels look like?"

Answer: Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:14), so they do not have any essential physical form. But angels do have the ability to appear in human form. When angels appeared to humans in the Bible, they resembled normal males. In Genesis 18:1-19, God and two angels appeared as men and actually ate a meal with Abraham. Angels appear as men many times throughout the Bible (Joshua 5:13-14; Mark 16:5), and they never appear in the likeness of women.

Other times, angels appeared not as humans, but as something other-worldly, and their appearance was terrifying to those who encountered them. Often, the first words from these angels were “do not be afraid,” because extreme fear was such a common reaction. The keepers of Jesus’ tomb became as dead men when they saw the angel of the Lord (Matthew 28:4). The shepherds in the fields in Luke 2 were “sore afraid” when the angel of the Lord appeared and the glory of the Lord shone around them.

As for physical characteristics, angels are sometimes described as winged. The images of cherubim on the ark of the covenant had wings that covered the mercy seat (Exodus 25:20). Isaiah saw winged seraphim in his vision of the throne of heaven, each one having six wings (Isaiah 6:2). Ezekiel, too, saw visions of winged angels. Isaiah 6:1-2 depicts angels having human features—voices, faces and feet. Angel voices are heard singing and praising God in several other passages. The angel at Jesus’ tomb is described as having a brilliant appearance: “His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow” (Matthew 28:3).

Whatever appearance angels take on, there is reason to believe they are incredibly beautiful. Ezekiel tells us that Lucifer was “lifted up” in pride over his beauty. In addition, beings such as angels, who are continually in the presence of God, would be expected to have extraordinary beauty because God’s glory is reflected upon all that is around Him.

Source :GQ
Re: God Is Dead by LordCenturion(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Receive sense ! A post from my pal

U and ur wahala, that's why Africans can never reason or develop, thanks that Bible always say god of Israel, not God of the world,killing other tribe and country for Isreal, definitely he isn't the God of those innocent people he asked Joshua to kill, asked them to kill innocent people including their babies and animals despite their pleading, at the end of the day, his own people still killed Jesus, and besides how many people of so call Israel believe in him today?, wen I checked Israeli flag, I suppose to see cross (like British) or sign that relate to god or jesus, but they use something like Satan sign on their flag ,definitely he is a blind and dead God who can't see the future, he is a false God,he gives excuses for not answering prayer.. can u just read ur Bible clearly and see the errors in there, by the way, who ask u to quote Bible here, please just keep ur mouth shut if u don't have sensible things to say and stop threatened people here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 7:01am On Jun 17, 2016
LordCenturion:

U and ur wahala, that's why Africans can never reason or develop, thanks that Bible always say god of Israel, not God of the world,killing other tribe and country for Isreal, definitely he isn't the God of those innocent people he asked Joshua to kill, asked them to kill innocent people including their babies and animals despite their pleading, at the end of the day, his own people still killed Jesus, and besides how many people of so call Israel believe in him today?, wen I checked Israeli flag, I suppose to see cross (like British) or sign that relate to god or jesus, but they use something like Satan sign on their flag ,definitely he is a blind and dead God who can't see the future, he is a false God,he gives excuses for not answering prayer.. can u just read ur Bible clearly and see the errors in there, by the way, who ask u to quote Bible here, please just keep ur mouth shut if u don't have sensible things to say and stop threatened people here

Your comment is really shallow
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 7:02am On Jun 17, 2016
@ captainnigeria : what is the point of this thread ?
Re: God Is Dead by donnffd(m): 8:38am On Jun 17, 2016

KingEbukaNaija:

From my above yarn , you can deduce that some members of the science community are being coerced to accept certain scientific theories so they won't be seen as encumbrances to the progress of these science theories .

Thats not true, nobody is coerced to believe anything in science when the evidence is right there and glaring for all who has doubt to see.

You should also note that a priest called Georges Lemaitre in 1927 proposed what has turned out to be the prevailing cosmological model - the Big Bang Theory - that somewhat explains the origin of the universe .

Scientists who accept Evolution are theistic evolutionists - they believe God did it through Evolution . The Catholic Church has accepted the creation story in the bible as allegorical , so you see the scientists who are Catholics are part of that statistics . And the Catholic church make up more than 50 percent of the number of Christians .

I couldnt agree more, then why do you or most theists think those theories are conspiracies by scientists to disprove God?

The OP tacitly agreed that science refutes God - that explains the title of his thread , "God is dead "

I dont know if he specifically mentioned it, but science doesnt refute God, infact science doesnt have the time for God, God is an hypothesis which cant be tested or verifiable, so obviously God has nothing to do in Science
Re: God Is Dead by PastorAIO: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
@ Zoharariel

What do angels look like?"

Answer: Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:14), so they do not have any essential physical form. But angels do have the ability to appear in human form. When angels appeared to humans in the Bible, they resembled normal males. In Genesis 18:1-19, God and two angels appeared as men and actually ate a meal with Abraham.

As angels can eat the next question I want to ask is 'how do they dispose of the food after digesting it?'.

I hope the quality of toilet roll in heaven is up to my standard because I cannot use newspaper. My anus is very delicate and I try not to leave it sore.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2016
PastorAIO:

As angels can eat the next question I want to ask is 'how do they dispose of the food after digesting it?'.

I hope the quality of toilet roll in heaven is up to my standard because I cannot use newspaper. My anus is very delicate and I try not to leave it sore.

Cool talk .

In Igbo land , accepting oji as a visitor means coming in peace or you've felt welcomed . They took human forms -a temporary bodily transformation - and it's rational to behave as such .

Ignorant jokes are not funny .

This is from someone whose philosophical position is the belief that everything is God or divine . Ludicrous is an understatement
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

Thats not true, nobody is coerced to believe anything in science when the evidence is right there and glaring for all who has doubt to see.

You can do your research .

I couldnt agree more, then why do you or most theists think those theories are conspiracies by scientists to disprove God?

The atheist scientists are culpable for that

I dont know if he specifically mentioned it, but science doesnt refute God, infact science doesnt have the time for God, God is an hypothesis which cant be tested or verifiable, so obviously God has nothing to do in Science

So that means your view is tentative , more like conjectural , and you have no right whatsoever to claim there is no God . Am I wrong ?
Re: God Is Dead by donnffd(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You can do your research .

The atheist scientists are culpable for that

*face palm*

So that means your view is tentative , more like conjectural , and you have no right whatsoever to claim there is no God . Am I wrong ?

What?, I said God doesnt have anything to do with science...what does that have anything to do with my right to claim anything
please be coherent...
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
Patroclous:
Just as usual.

Threats... The forte of a religious mind.

This is what happens when fact clashes with faith. No way the latter survives it.
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 11:57am On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

*face palm*

What?, I said God doesnt have anything to do with science...what does that have anything to do with my right to claim anything
please be coherent...

So why are you an atheist
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2016
EsuKekereOde:

Just as usual.

Threats... The forte of a religious mind.

This is what happens when fact clashes with faith. No way the latter survives it.

A quick reminder , foolishness and atheism are cognates
Re: God Is Dead by urahara(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
geoworldedu:

jehovah finger sweet like sweet elepa. I just finished chewing d stuff grin

Lmao grin
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

A quick reminder , foolishness and atheism are cognates
Says a deluded mind who believes a donkey talked, a virgin conceived, staff turned to a snake, a dead and buried man resurrected and a long dead man is coming back to zap him into a non-existent heaven.

Not surprised anyway. Even a mad man believes he's sane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by otemanuduno: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Video proof for DOMINO REVERAD is not available, same way video proof for his son jehovah as god is also not available. Geologists are right about the date of the world existence... evolution is also right... the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS is here to reveal all hidden mysteries.
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
EsuKekereOde:

Says a deluded mind who believes a donkey talked, a virgin conceived, staff turned to a snake, a dead and buried man resurrected and a long dead man is coming back to zap him into a non-existent heaven.

Not surprised anyway. Even a mad man believes he's sane.

Says a deluded mind who believes life came from dirt became microbes and evolved to conscious and intelligent man - what hogwash !
Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
otemanuduno:
Video proof for DOMINO REVERAD is not available, same way video proof for his son jehovah as god is also not available. Geologists are right about the date of the world existence... evolution is also right... the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS is here to reveal all hidden mysteries.

k
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Says a deluded mind who believes life came from dirt became microbes and evolved to conscious and intelligent man - what hogwash !

But it makes sense to you that a sky deity uttered some magical words and everything came into being in just six days.

Your brain seriously needs formatting. Lol.

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by KingEbukaNaija: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
EsuKekereOde:

But it makes sense to you that a sky deity uttered some magical words and everything came into being in just six days.

Your brain seriously needs formatting. Lol.

And let the puerile misconceptions come forth !

God is not a sky deity --- 1

The was RECREATED in SIX days - 2

Microbes to a conscious , dexterous , creative , having cognition , emotions , intelligent man . Yeah , its bedtime kid . Read yourself the evolution myth to induce sleep
Re: God Is Dead by omoelu1(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
The everlasting God I serve is not dead, never.
He's only taking a nap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor And WLBC / THE END: And Then Shall All The Tribes Of The Earth Mourn / Eve And The Serpent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.