Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You (31421 Views)

Ford Says Driving Sports Car Is More Enjoyable Than Kissing & Watching Football / What To Do If Your Car Is Flooded Or Becomes Submerged / FRSC Set To Impound The Following Vechicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by dmltoyin(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2016
oluwarichie07:
sorry to bring this up here

problems encountered during npower registration

after series of trials, I got to the last page and submitted but it did not submit. upon subsequent trials to re-continue, it says that my email, phone number and bvn have been used.... pls, what does this imply?

someone should please help.

how do I check the status of my registration
bro same happened to me
Check the spam folder of ur email
I saw my own acknowledgement mail there afterwards
It should be in d spam folder

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 16, 2016
comeandmarry:
OkDifferent confused ppl just come on here to open a meaningless thread.
I dont blame you, data had become so cheap,so at the expense of Nairaland you write trash.you Don watch enuf foreign movies which are fictions .
You go jus see one stupid article for Web,wey belong to the western world,copy am,come dey edit into naija version dey form advice.
Kids with ninja turtle brains .

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE AND THE THREAD IS VERY REASONABLE

You may not like the OP advice that doesn't mean it is never applicable. If you are very familiar with the terrain then it could work.

The security threats today are much and people could learn a thing or two

This thread should be under crime section though
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by maursatt: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2016
This is why things that work in Europe don't work in Africa, I guess this thread was copied not Africa inspiration. This only work in developed countries not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by bobkezel(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2016
In this nigeria? who wan follow u? Forget nollywood joor. Nobody de follow anybody for naija. Mek i ask una, person don follow any of una before?
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by doskie(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2016
Brainy007:
Police go come answer you

Irani.

Its either you beat them to driving and lose them or you get caught if they want to catch you

For me, I'll like the road to be good for racing.

Ama make dem look stupid
bullets speed faster than cars.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Awoofawo(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:
Make four right or left turns. It's unlikely anyone will also be traveling in a complete circle, so if the car is still behind you after 360 degrees you can be fairly certain you are being followed.
If you're on the highway, get off and then back on. Again, this is something most people will not do when driving so you're likely being followed if a car is still behind you when you get back on the highway. If this happens, pull over to the side of the highway. If you're being followed by a surveillance team, they will not pull over because it's too obvious. They may, however, wait at the next exit so if you want to lose them don't choose the next exit or the exit that you usually take.

If any of these techniques lead you to believe you're being followed, call the police.

http://lifehacker.com/5887204/what-you-should-do-if-you-suspect-a-car-is-following-you

In Nigeria doing the bold can get you kill.... .. Abeg na to race-off sure pass and give them vamushig tricks.......

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Untainted007: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice write up Op. But pls which of the [/b]police are you advising us to call.[b] If its Nigerian police, abeg it's a no go area. If lucky you if the number go through, not to talk of the rescuing you. Have they rescue themselves before considering you? All I will say is be smart and think faster than the other people trailing you.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2016
In a cage definitely not but try that with my boss https://www.nairaland.com/shagati on his crotch rocket and make the biggest mistake of your life. #PRO
boss today na my birthday oh
16th....remember?
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Brainy007: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2016
doskie:
The possibility of them shooting @ me while we race @ a top speed is very little
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:
Make four right or left turns. It's unlikely anyone will also be traveling in a complete circle, so if the car is still behind you after 360 degrees you can be fairly certain you are being followed.
If you're on the highway, get off and then back on. Again, this is something most people will not do when driving so you're likely being followed if a car is still behind you when you get back on the highway. If this happens, pull over to the side of the highway. If you're being followed by a surveillance team, they will not pull over because it's too obvious. They may, however, wait at the next exit so if you want to lose them don't choose the next exit or the exit that you usually take.

If any of these techniques lead you to believe you're being followed, call the police.

http://lifehacker.com/5887204/what-you-should-do-if-you-suspect-a-car-is-following-you

Pull over ke?
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Brainy007: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2016
doskie:
The possibility of them shooting @ me while we race @ a top speed is very little and even if they do, to actually cause a serious damage to me or my car will be quite difficult
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by arocute: 8:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Same stuff happened to me 2 years ago. Was taking my wife senior brother to the airport with his family. We were driving an Honda Odyssey full option 2003 and I say the vehicle was full and the kids were watching cartoon with roof DVD system. I was not to comfortable with it because it made the car more flashy and it was at night about 9pm and to compound the story the car was using a dealers plate and was only at the front, in short it was a tokunbo not registered. We where leaving ikorodu town and some where around Asolo I noticed an Honda baby boy following. To be very sure I increased my speed they also did, take God the road was free so I continued, at a point they tried overtaking me I blocked them but one thing I tried not to do was not to tell everyone in the car what was happening.we continued the Tom and Jerry chase as we approach Mile 12 bridge I was going up they took down so I thought they were turning back or going into Mile 12 or Ajelogo but to my surprise they came out right beside me after descending the bridge then they brought out their head saying flat tire flat tire park park, my wife brother wind down his widow to say thanks and told to pack so we could check.this was at mile 12 instantly the four tire stated wobbling, I told him I am not stopping even if the rims are left I will keep moving I increased my speed again and as we approach ketu I took the service lane headed for ketu police station as they noticed this they zoomed off. I parked to check the tire they were all in good shape. Got in back and continued our journey it was at this time I told them what was happening.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by colossus2: 8:37am On Jun 16, 2016
gabazin080:
u well at all?
You are sick right undecided
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by dapsin999(m): 8:45am On Jun 16, 2016
BTT:
Thank you.

However, I don't agree with parking in the middle of nowhere. That may be ok elsewhere but with ruthless Nigerian criminals.

Run. Run. And run.

One night sometime last year, I suspected a Matrix was following me on Ikorodu Rd, I climbed Anthony bridge and crossed to the other side. It did. I gunned on to the expressway and back to the service lane. It did. I turned off into Shyllon in Palmgroove. It did. I switched off my lights and refused to press the brakes, I was using the handbrake instead.

I drove into a primary school parking lot and parked smartly facing a gated street. The Matrix zoomed pass and stopped about a 100m away.

My phone kept ringing in my pocket. Thank God it was in my pocket. I locked up the car and ran to the gateman. Without asking, I entered and told the man that I think some people were following me. He asked me to wait behind a building. After some time, he came to me and guided me through the street's alternate gate, and how I could walk back to my car. I picked my phone and it was one of my chairmen. He said 'BTT you are a criminal! I was tailing you, but you somehow beat me to it. Now I have to find my way back home. Abeg come make we go joor'

Funny. Guys are just too much. They can do anything to prank their friends. Lolz
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by tellwisdom: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2016
Follow you....You be twitter?? angry
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by ladodo: 8:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Dont panic, dont drive in circles, go straight to where u've crowd like market, supermarket, university campus, parks, a general hosiptal etc, drive straight there, come down from ur vehicle and join d crowd, leave ur car there, find ur way to a save place, call a friend that will help pick ur car, let him/her drive it to an army barrack or any millitary barrack around u or a well secured environment, he/she should also leave d vehicle there by doing dis u would confuss those tailing u, after a day or two, u send another person to pick d vehicle, avoid using ur car for 2 to 4 weeks be4 using it again.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Fundango: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Ubachinwe1:
Bring out your semi-automatic revolver and release two shot in the air, watch and see how the follower will make a V-turn.

Warning shot!!
the best solution so far.grin
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by GuDErboY(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Nigerian police get phone number??
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by BobUg28(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
Keep gunning your motor down the road. Don't look back. Pretend as if you haven't seen anything. Until you lead them to police next. Meanwhile, keep making calls to anyone who 'd offer help.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by anonymousbim(f): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:

One could also drive into the nearest police station
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by mrteee: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2016
themosthigh:

This method is for pussiys....the best thing to do is to look for a close and drive in untill you get to the end of the street..make sure it is an isolated one...of they are still following you using reverse mode..quickly jam the care from the front or better still side to disarm and confuse the intruders..then pistol in hand come out and quickly shoot the driver and other occupants of the vehicle..head or chest shot is better..one the are dead,take their phones and wallet to track their senders and set the care on fir while driving away fast and smoking a cigarette...get a cool beer afterwards cool

Were (madman). LOL.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by dada01(m): 9:16am On Jun 16, 2016
what if na from my village. what i will do??
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Thunderlicious: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:
They may, however, wait at the next exit so if you want to lose them don't choose the next exit or the exit that you usually take.

From here the Op got it wrong. If u dont choose d next exit because they are waiting for u there, it means they will continue to follow u since u must drive past them in order to avoid the next exit. The best thing is to join the opposite lane and held back to where u were coming from.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Thunderlicious: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2016
themosthigh:

This method is for pussiys....the best thing to do is to look for a close and drive in untill you get to the end of the street..make sure it is an isolated one...of they are still following you using reverse mode..quickly jam the care from the front or better still side to disarm and confuse the intruders..then pistol in hand come out and quickly shoot the driver and other occupants of the vehicle..head or chest shot is better..one the are dead,take their phones and wallet to track their senders and set the care on fir while driving away fast and smoking a cigarette...get a cool beer afterwards cool

Your attention is needed in the Stock Market thread. Why did u disappear just like dat?

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by nkemdave(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Psylas:
You spoit everything buy saying call the police, this is not for Nigerians in Nigeria

I really support u.
Even Police dey fear for their life sef.
If u notice say them dey follow u, jst drive lyk fast and furious. cheesy
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Naijageak(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
this info is good, but you didn't specified the police we should called. Nigerian police or US police?

to me I say run for your life, if possible speed to someone house, park like you are a visitor and jump through the fence for your life first ... Hahahaha, just my opinion oh
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by smite(m): 9:38am On Jun 16, 2016
themosthigh:

lolz! you should be writing scripts for Nollywood.... Nollywood oooo not Hollywood.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Humulity: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2016
Good one.

My expereince in Enugu - 2013.

Was coming back from work around betwen 6pm and 7pm. Already on the street after passing thru a bat spot where cars had to pass turn by turn; I noticed a yellow mistbushi L300 bus (two men inside) behind me which i did not take as anything. However, after taking a turn the bus was still behind me ; moving fast when I do and slowing down when I do. I was I bit curious beause commercial buses don't ply this route. On getting to four road junction. I decided to take left turn against going straight, as I took left they also took left. Immediatly I confirmed am being followed.
I decided to shake them off or seek for help, cos I was alarmed. I increased speed and created a a good gap between us. As I get to the T junction, I slowed down and waited as if waiting for traffic to clear, immediatly I sighted them from my side mirror and making sure they saw me, I took left turn very fast and switch to slow movement again, within 20 seeconds they are taking same left turn on a fast move. Simutaneously on another fast move I took another closeby left turn and stopped abruptly at the middle of the road. As they made to take same turn they saw me not moving and instantly they stopped. Now it was obvious to them that I know they were following me. I saw their faces from my mirror though I cannot recognise them.
As I started moving again they now kept going straight I moved very fast as take another left turn and with 1.5 mins I have parked in my compound. I quickly changed putting on short as I was walking up to the junction I saw same vehicle moving on faster pace. i just smiled and went back relieved that atleast they don't know my house.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Xtanixlax(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2016
And u said call police in Nigeria!? looks lyk u copied an american post

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by LONIC: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2016
bobkezel:
In this nigeria? who wan follow u? Forget nollywood joor. Nobody de follow anybody for naija. Mek i ask una, person don follow any of una before?
Yea bro.. it's happened to a very close friend of mine, he sold his apartment in magodo to help his wife's health issues who was flown abroad for treatment.. he was eventually paid by cheque, and on the second day..he went to cash out the cheque precisely; zenith bank moloney street obalende lagos
that's all I knew, until we got a call frm him around past 2pm dat he is close to suya bustop nd it seems one corolla sport is following him closely... that was all we heard.. on getting to suya bustop from adeniji where I was wit my brodas.. we jst saw people gathered by the road.. lo nd behold he has just bn shot on d head.. d police came and d rest re stories. RIP OLUFEMI JAMES AKA FM
take it as one of the cock and bull stories u hear on nairaland.. Dis happened 4 real.
JUST PRAY YOUR DAY DON'T COME..
AND ALWAYS BE WITH YOUR GUN... it's d best friend u can Eva av.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by bamosagie(m): 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
if na kidnapper they follow you, after verifying say trully him dey follow you, you go come stop, come down from the motor.......

Ok kwantinue
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by doskie(m): 10:19am On Jun 16, 2016
Brainy007:

The possibility of them shooting @ me while we race @ a top speed is very little and even if they do, to actually cause a serious damage to me or my car will be quite difficult
you sound too sure. Trust me : people who come looking for you to the extent of holding a gun are usually very smart people. They know how to do things that stupefy average logic and expectation. Why do you honestly believe a straight shot at the driver's seat on a highway will be cool on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sin S1: Another Contender For The Ugliest Car At Geneva Motor Show / Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 / Vehicle Veered Into Bush On Oyo-ogbomoso Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.