Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You (31439 Views)

Ford Says Driving Sports Car Is More Enjoyable Than Kissing & Watching Football / What To Do If Your Car Is Flooded Or Becomes Submerged / FRSC Set To Impound The Following Vechicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by themosthigh: 6:58am On Jun 16, 2016

This method is for pussiys....the best thing to do is to look for a close and drive in untill you get to the end of the street..make sure it is an isolated one...of they are still following you using reverse mode..quickly jam the care from the front or better still side to disarm and confuse the intruders..then pistol in hand come out and quickly shoot the driver and other occupants of the vehicle..head or chest shot is better..one the are dead,take their phones and wallet to track their senders and set the care on fir while driving away fast and smoking a cigarette...get a cool beer afterwards cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by kelvine(m): 6:58am On Jun 16, 2016
I you are being followed in Lagos Nigeria drive straight to a busy bustops like Oshodi,Obalende,Mile 2,Ojuelegba etc.
Park right in front of commercial buses, ask for help. Your predator will likely be caught in such places.
Driving to lonely places is a death trap, cant be too sure of the police station either.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2016
what of those with no car
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2016
That police own nai I nor like for inside so...

Which police?... Where there number dey??

Them get network??

And even u manage call them... Them go con drive come meet you abi?... Because na u b federal government..... U be ambode... Or oshiomole...

Nigeria... I hail thee...

U better start running for your life or just make your will.... Before they get closer... No escape be dat.... Especially on a high way?.... Story for the gods!!!

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Israel5(m): 7:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Drive to d nearest security agency or restrictd area eg. Aso villa, state house, shrine

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by cardoso1111: 7:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Drive straight to the nearest Police and report
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by victorazy(m): 7:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Irrelevant thread. No be person wey get fuel motor dey foLlow? angry
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Joyce28(f): 7:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Ok
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by MistadeRegal(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Pray to GOD for escape. People like that may be armed. I bet you will pull over at a single order when you sight them wave the raw iron to you to stop.

And calling the police at that time may not be useful. Or will you be calling police in their presence? Prayer not to experience such is what you need.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by PMBtill2023: 7:04am On Jun 16, 2016
Simple!! Move to crowded place or d nearest police station

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by 124mumsy: 7:05am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:
Make four right or left turns. It's unlikely anyone will also be traveling in a complete circle, so if the car is still behind you after 360 degrees you can be fairly certain you are being followed.
If you're on the highway, get off and then back on. Again, this is something most people will not do when driving so you're likely being followed if a car is still behind you when you get back on the highway. If this happens, pull over to the side of the highway. If you're being followed by a surveillance team, they will not pull over because it's too obvious. They may, however, wait at the next exit so if you want to lose them don't choose the next exit or the exit that you usually take.

If any of these techniques lead you to believe you're being followed, call the police.

http://lifehacker.com/5887204/what-you-should-do-if-you-suspect-a-car-is-following-you
do you mean Nigeria police or which?
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2016
If you notice a car is following you:-

1..do not let it overtake yon.

2..take four right turns and if it still follows you, speed up and call for backup/help.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by dragnet: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:
Make four right or left turns. It's unlikely anyone will also be traveling in a complete circle, so if the car is still behind you after 360 degrees you can be fairly certain you are being followed.
If you're on the highway, get off and then back on. Again, this is something most people will not do when driving so you're likely being followed if a car is still behind you when you get back on the highway. If this happens, pull over to the side of the highway. If you're being followed by a surveillance team, they will not pull over because it's too obvious. They may, however, wait at the next exit so if you want to lose them don't choose the next exit or the exit that you usually take.

If any of these techniques lead you to believe you're being followed, call the police.

http://lifehacker.com/5887204/what-you-should-do-if-you-suspect-a-car-is-following-you

what if it's the police that is following you? grin

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by henrydadon(m): 7:11am On Jun 16, 2016
;DwOn a highway, you can use large semi-trucks to your advantage. Wait for the right moment to weave in front of a truck without enough room for your tail to follow, nor see you. When you are out of their vision, you can quickly get off at the next exit before they have time to do the same.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by 1miccza: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2016
Op you forgot to add get to a road with less traffic and then slow down and park and see if the car would stop or zoom off
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by concept65: 7:15am On Jun 16, 2016
Rubbish, what if after taking that 360° turns u reach a deserted cul-de-sac and u have no where to go ,they can corner u and harm u if that was their intension. Stopping on the highway, really? And give them an opportunity to pull out a gun, shoot u and quickly drive off. this write up is stupid and unsafe.

The best thing to do is drive to a crowded place, its much better than the two mentioned options, but then, if that day is The day to return to your Maker, there's nothing u can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Goahead(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2016
maximunimpact:
who should i call when someone is following (stocking) me on nairaland?
stalking

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nosmog(m): 7:20am On Jun 16, 2016
In a situation whereby the intention of the follower is to assasinate, what will you do?
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by AnodaIT(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2016
The OP has no idea at all.

If you are sure that you are being followed, never let them know that you know.

If you are on a highway, drive straight ahead, pray for a security check point where you can stop, if inside town, drive to a police station, if not possible, drive to a crowded location, try to lose them, stop the car, get out and find a good spot to have a good view over your car (watch your back). Make some calls.

If this is also not possible, locate the nearest bank (with a ready parking slot - don't stay in your car on the road waiting for security to clear a spot for you), park your car and observe

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by comeandmarry: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2016
OkDifferent confused ppl just come on here to open a meaningless thread.
I dont blame you, data had become so cheap,so at the expense of Nairaland you write trash.you Don watch enuf foreign movies which are fictions .
What we or you should do when a car is following you.
At the current rate of pms,bad state of roads,impatient bus drivers who liter dia stomach with alcohol, or the security agents who love to oppress innocent nigerians.
Abeg where has it been heard of,so if im being chased by robbers,i wud stress myself to look for cutting corners,or I go Park dey wait them them because I be road safety.
You go jus see one stupid article for Web,wey belong to the western world,copy am,come dey edit into naija version dey form advice.

Who wants to be killed,i no even see anything like locate nearest police station,or use GPS on your phone to locate security agents,or something more reasonable, na to dey write trash.
Kids with ninja turtle brains need to think way much faster and larger outside the box.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2016
sorry to bring this up here

problems encountered during npower registration

after series of trials, I got to the last page and submitted but it did not submit. upon subsequent trials to re-continue, it says that my email, phone number and bvn have been used.... pls, what does this imply?

someone should please help.

how do I check the status of my registration
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Araoluwa005(m): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2016
who will follow me when I am in this fast car?

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2016
If you sense you are being followed, drive to a bank. Signal the security guys to call the police. Police at most banks are usually fully armed at all times and they have phone numbers for back up on standbye

If you are far from a bank, your next best bet is a crowded bus stop or market. Simply stop, get out from the passenger door and get lost in the crowd

If you are on a lonely road that you are familiar with, your very best bet is the element of surprise, you can race till you get to a buzy section or stop abruptly in an area you know very well

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by electrokcoi(m): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2016
try follow me like that u go experience James Bond live
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by JOAN11(f): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2016
Call Nigerian Police? HELL NO
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by darocha1: 7:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Very unrealistic.
This isnt a post meant for my dear country. (Naija).
if you are beung followed, my brother march the turtle as fast as you can.
"Cos only 2things can be the reason;
Either they are assasins sent to kill you or robber who have targeted your car or tail you from your earlier destination.
Please dont go and get yourself stuck in a corner while turning left 10times cos you will just mistakenly follow one-way & lastma will arrest you then those following you will mob you and the lastma togeda.
All at once...o di poe (in baba fela's voice.

Once again my fellow country people, if you are being followed, march am well make them no catch you. Only when you are alive can you tell your story & make it hit front page.

ire oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by 2sexycom(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2016
I was at a bank one day to use ATM when I started hearing noise not too far away.

Well, it was a case of someone trailing a man.

He noticed it and parked. The fools trailing him parked as well which was their greatest undoing.

The man called his friends and asked them to back behind the car that has been trailing him. And that was how they were caught. There was mopol at the bank so they quickly use them to get the guys out.

How it ended is what I do not know but before I left, those guys were already receiving beating and interrogations.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by obeylifted: 7:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice one!
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by jtwest(m): 7:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Drive very fast, hide then once the car pass u, start following them closely bumper to bumper, the hunter becomes the hunted, make sure you have a shot gun in your car b4 u try this o. #necessary precaution.
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by Princepoint(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
drifing use a u turn if possible
Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by supereagle(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
Do we have police in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Suspect A Car Is Following You by tete7000(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2016
AutosBay:

Supposing kidnappers and assassins are trailing you, do you think it is safe to pull over especially on the highway? It is better to drive and make your trailer lose you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sin S1: Another Contender For The Ugliest Car At Geneva Motor Show / P0420 Code Fix, High Fuel Consumption To Be Fixed. / Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.