Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam (53999 Views)

Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by alobs: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
different opinion here,but wait a minute,do those critics even know the meaning of Islam.Islam means peace,that is what Abraham,Noah,David,John,Elijah,Moses,Jesus and prophet Muhammed brought (may peace of God be upon them all.) pls seek knowledge before u sprout nonsense here.where in the bible Jesus said what i brought is Christianity,Jesus does not even know anything about christianity yet you foolishly following what ur pastors are saying,christian is founded by paul,after the death of JESUS,tell me in the bible where the word bible is mention,where jesus go to church,where they say perform pilgrimage to jerusalem or rome,where jesus clap his and dance in the church,u cant find all dis u re doing in the church in the bible,but u can find where Jesus perform Solat in the bible where so many prophet perform solat in the bible,Jesus categorically told us that the only way to worship God is to perform SOLAT when satan asked him to bow for him,let me just give u one example check Nehemiah 8 vs 5 to 8,so who is deceiving who,if Islam is not from God it will not be possible for millions of men and women from different countries pilgrimage to mecca in order to worship God with one language which is Arabic,even ur bible said so in Zephaniah 3:9 that God will purify their lips and they will worship their God in one Language,tell me which religion can u find this,in 1957 Awake published that there re 50000 errors in the bible,this prompt christians body all over the world to set up 32 men of highest eminent in chistians to review bible alas indeed so many error was found and that is why they reviewed the bible(imagine reviewing the so call book from God) and they make some corrections and yet some errors still remain in the bible.let me open ur mind and tell u one of the error they corrected the word (only begotten)has been unceremoniously expunge from revised standard version of the bible because they are so many sons of God in the bible.my brothers pls read preface of revised standard version i know poor you,u ve never bothered yo check it b4 i know u will be shocked when u see where RSV Derogate KJV,another RRSV derogate RSV,there is a verse in the REVELATION where a cursed is placed on who ever add or remove from bible but CATHOLIC BIBLE comprises of 66 chapters while PROTESTANT BIBLE ARE 73 CHAPTERS,who added to it or who removed,well Luke and Mark never saw Jesus all their lives what wrote were the story they here and they will tell you in church that people that wrote bible were inspired by God where as Luke himself confirmed he only wrote what he was told he is Disciple of Paul.if Bibliography called book of God how can we be having difference views about the death of Jesus.Mark said they killed him at the 9th hours Luke disagree and says Mark u re a liar it was third hour. can u see.the bible reported the moment they caught Jesus all the disciples fled so who now reported to these people.Jesus that was to save people was afraid to die,bible says haven about his plotting to kill him Jesus could no longer walk during the the day cos he was afraid to die.your bible even agreed with QURAN that God save him from death after he had offered up prayer to the one who can save him check Hebrew 5:7.some said that we are following the statement of Muhammed,how ignorant of him.go and read and watch Islam and Science and listen to professors in science,mathematics,education and so on about Quran so many of them have reverted back to Islam after agreeing with quran over scientific theory.ALHAMDULILAH I AM A MUSLIM.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
MCeeShort:

The Bible isn't a textbook...stop reading it like that.
Agreed Islam means PEACE, but why is it always Muslims that express and take-up violence?
Have u ever heard that a Christian in Nigeria attacked a Muslim?
It is always a Muslim that attacks a Christian.
So what's so peaceful about ur LOVE (Islam).

Mind u, I'm a strong defendant of Islam and its teachings, but when I see people like u try to ridicule Christianity, I'm forced to stand-n-be-counted.

the bible isn't a textbook but a wat?
A novel?
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by tosinjay(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nothing is special about this, we know how easily someone never truly saved can be.
On the other hand if it was an hausa girl that converts to Christian, we'll be hearing stories about her being dead or only God rescued her from her own family who will be the first to terminate her life!!
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by fmlala: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
So being a Muslim now automatically makes one a killer? These IPOD orientation self bad pass terrost.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by abbey621(m): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Menzy86:
Now you are becoming phylosophical abi? I want to know how Christians get mobbed and decapitated times without number with several active participants and numerous onlookers without a voice of reason prevailing on d situation EVERY TIME. Now u wanna remonstrate about 'high school reasoning?'. If what makes me reason above high school level is understanding that muslims that witness such barbarism but do next to nothing about it rather than vague lip service (like u r doing here now), then I agree I am a kindagarten dunce. I wonder what will happen d day a mosque is blown up by Christians (who will clain responsibility and show their faces). A cartoonist sketches something in far away denmark, they kill christians in kano; someone posts somthn on fb, he is traced all d way from kano to pandogari in niger state and butchered plus SEVERAL other unsuspecting Christians killed and their shops burnt in a twinkle; a woman asks people performing ablution in front of her shop not to do such and she is pounded to death; a man eats during ramadan in his shop and is nearly killed and u expect me to show 'intelligence' or 'maturity' by understanding that d rest muslims aren't enjoying it? How come it is NEVER d other way round? U know d last three examples happened in three different places within a space of 10 days? Use your tongue to count your teeth my friend.

They say knowledge is power, my friend seek knowledge and stop acting based on emotions. All the issues you typed above could easily be linked to the uselessness of the Nigerian government and the lack of enforcement of its laws. In a sane society, a killer is a killer and would be dealt with by the law but in Nigeria, religion, societal influences and outright wickedness runs rampant with us all. Think for a minute, how come in the South we hardly hear of such killings by Muslims? Are we to believe that Muslims in the South don't read the Quran? Are we to believe that Muslims in the North are the true Muslims? Look at countries where terrorism persists, Yemen, Syria, Iran, Iraq., Pakistan, Afghanistan, Niger, Nigeria and so on, what do they have in common? Muslim dominated countries? Yes but if you look closely, you would realize majority of the people in those countries are poor and illiterate. When poverty and illiteracy rules the day, the minds of the masses are easily influenced. You can blame Islam all you want, I guess that would be easier than actually looking at the root cause of Islamic Extremism!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by laribari(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
A decision is a decision and has to be respected but na all decisions be the right one? NO!!

I will respect her decision because na cross burden to bear but if she were my sister, i will just be crying.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Isn't this FB poster a christian extremist? Why turn her pple against her jus because she changed her religion? And how does her conversion amount to joining the enemy of her pple? Nawao
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by ugeezee(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
lalasticlala

Shame on that facebook reporter for failing to acknowledge that 7-10% of Enugu indigines are muslims.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by nizetee: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
amtaken:
"Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

I refer to Chapter IV Section 38 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

And also freedom from all religion (freedom to be non religious).

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by darqly(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:
If every muslim killed, every christian would be dead.

On the contrary, if every muslim killed, every christian would have to defend themselves. angry angry
You don't expect we'd sit and wait in patience till it's our turn to be killed, do you?? undecided undecided
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by iswallker(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
mumu karachi is the capital of pakistan not islamabad, go and study for your neco.

baba you dey vex for me.... grin...i just dey play nah.... grin
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by OlaTaoheed(m): 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
WOW.. You nailed it. May God increase you in knowledge #IamAMuslimAndIAmProudToBe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by AareOgbuefi: 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
Flairoqy:

What are you saying? I was a Christian, And now a convert.

"O disbelievers!
I worship not that which ye worship
Nor worship ye that which I worship
And I shall not worship that which ye worship
Nor will ye worship that which I worship
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion"
Qur'an 109.

I equally used to be a Christian as well but Allah brought me into his religion. May Allah make Islam easy for you to practice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by ayomutu(m): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Na lie she just pretend see her hair style,maybe she have ijahb sister as friends
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by palsenator(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lordxeer:
the girl has already been illuminated!
We have seen this happening before and they always find there way back. No issue but I am certain she will.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by hamzeeto01(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
These alleged photos of a young lady from Enugu who has converted to Islam are currently trending on Facebook.
See more photos after the cut.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/photos-young-igbo-lady-from-enugu.html
Alhamdallah. Welcome to Islam, the religion of peace. May Allah grant you understanding.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by deeplow: 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
darqly:

On the contrary, if every muslim killed, every christian would have to defend themselves. angry angry
You don't expect we'd sit and wait in patience till it's our turn to be killed, do you?? undecided undecided

You're right, but it is beyond how you understand it.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by yusuff4u2c(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
Anyone who has read the Qur'an very well and know the lifestyle of muhammed will not make such choice. The Qur’an is based completely on the personal experiences of one illiterate man
spanning a period of 23 years.Only one person allegedly saw the “angel.” Only one person allegedly heard a voice. The entire faith is limited to one book with only one person who allegedly received the vision. There is absolutely no way to verify anything. Our question is, “Does not this then mean that the only way to become a Muslim is to take this one man’s word for it?” Man let alone will always chose death rather than life.

It's crystal clear that you are a fanatic in search of nothing but trouble. Your case becomes pitiable considering your level of ignorance as regards to the religion you are trying to shade. If you can't make it, don't brake it. According to your erroneous claim, Islam is a religion that is based on the claims of a single man and a single book. It's is absurd to make such claim given the rate at which you project yourself as an intelligent fellow. Next time, do your homework before coming online to spew rubbish.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Akious2k2(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is she married? She looks Pretty
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by ochiq(m): 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Well good for her if she's up to age and make that decision from her heart and soul without being coarsed!!! I make bold to say if it were the other way round, the family and community for done murder her!!! Islam a religion that preaches intolerance for other peoples believes and religion!!!
ObiOmaMu:
lalasticlala
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by gentlekazman10(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Alhamdulillah!!! wish u luck in ur futher endevours... welcm 2 islam d religion of peace
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by mus87: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
I'm so happy for her.
Thank God for her life
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by adejaresalami1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Clap for yourself....where in the bible did prophet isa (AS)performed solah...all of your point are just baseless because not even a single verse are you to believe in the bible as a muslim.
alobs:
different opinion here,but wait a minute,do those critics even know the meaning of Islam.Islam means peace,that is what Abraham,Noah,David,John,Elijah,Moses,Jesus and prophet Muhammed brought (may peace of God be upon them all.) pls seek knowledge before u sprout nonsense here.where in the bible Jesus said what i brought is Christianity,Jesus does not even know anything about christianity yet you foolishly following what ur pastors are saying,christian is founded by paul,after the death of JESUS,tell me in the bible where the word bible is mention,where jesus go to church,where they say perform pilgrimage to jerusalem or rome,where jesus clap his and dance in the church,u cant find all dis u re doing in the church in the bible,but u can find where Jesus perform Solat in the bible where so many prophet perform solat in the bible,Jesus categorically told us that the only way to worship God is to perform SOLAT when satan asked him to bow for him,let me just give u one example check Nehemiah 8 vs 5 to 8,so who is deceiving who,if Islam is not from God it will not be possible for millions of men and women from different countries pilgrimage to mecca in order to worship God with one language which is Arabic,even ur bible said so in Zephaniah 3:9 that God will purify their lips and they will worship their God in one Language,tell me which religion can u find this,in 1957 Awake published that there re 50000 errors in the bible,this prompt christians body all over the world to set up 32 men of highest eminent in chistians to review bible alas indeed so many error was found and that is why they reviewed the bible(imagine reviewing the so call book from God) and they make some corrections and yet some errors still remain in the bible.let me open ur mind and tell u one of the error they corrected the word (only begotten)has been unceremoniously expunge from revised standard version of the bible because they are so many sons of God in the bible.my brothers pls read preface of revised standard version i know poor you,u ve never bothered yo check it b4 i know u will be shocked when u see where RSV Derogate KJV,another RRSV derogate RSV,there is a verse in the REVELATION where a cursed is placed on who ever add or remove from bible but CATHOLIC BIBLE comprises of 66 chapters while PROTESTANT BIBLE ARE 73 CHAPTERS,who added to it or who removed,well Luke and Mark never saw Jesus all their lives what wrote were the story they here and they will tell you in church that people that wrote bible were inspired by God where as Luke himself confirmed he only wrote what he was told he is Disciple of Paul.if Bibliography called book of God how can we be having difference views about the death of Jesus.Mark said they killed him at the 9th hours Luke disagree and says Mark u re a liar it was third hour. can u see.the bible reported the moment they caught Jesus all the disciples fled so who now reported to these people.Jesus that was to save people was afraid to die,bible says haven about his plotting to kill him Jesus could no longer walk during the the day cos he was afraid to die.your bible even agreed with QURAN that God save him from death after he had offered up prayer to the one who can save him check Hebrew 5:7.some said that we are following the statement of Muhammed,how ignorant of him.go and read and watch Islam and Science and listen to professors in science,mathematics,education and so on about Quran so many of them have reverted back to Islam after agreeing with quran over scientific theory.ALHAMDULILAH I AM A MUSLIM.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by DMLords: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:
From the look of things, she seems at peace with whatever choices she has made, doesn't look forced. That Facebook post reeks of senselessness, immaturity, hatred, intolerance and pain.

I admit that it is sad, the way some useless muslims have chosen to take laws into their hands. It is just more saddening how people have chosen to react to it. If every muslim killed, every christian would be dead.

More prominent muslims just have to do more about this spate of radicalism and extremism. Without that, these sickening actions and reactions would continue.

Do not underestimate Christians.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by yetunsbay(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
omojeesu:

Indeed!
Jesus is Lord!
Thank you.
that exactly where you people are mistaken
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by slysteel: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
i can comfortably say to the OP that thousands of enugu people are Muslims and some are from families that have practiced Islam before Christianity got into igboland,these are communities bordering kogi and in some towns you see more Muslims than Christians,we enugu people are not complaining about that,some of you need to travel around inside the south east and know your region well before coming here to post rubbish.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by amtaken(f): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Muslims stop quoting me. I am not advocating for Christians to convert to Islam, I am only saying that every adult Nigerian has the freedom of worship according to the Nigerian Constitution.

You people can also convert from Islam to Christianity.

Thank you! [quote author=nizetee post=46536267][/quote]
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by luciangelymail(f): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:
From the look of things, she seems at peace with whatever choices she has made, doesn't look forced. That Facebook post reeks of senselessness, immaturity, hatred, intolerance and pain.

I admit that it is sad, the way some useless muslims have chosen to take laws into their hands. It is just more saddening how people have chosen to react to it. If every muslim killed, every christian would be dead.

More prominent muslims just have to do more about this spate of radicalism and extremism. Without that, these sickening actions and reactions would continue.
Exactly my point dear, truly, the real Islam is not evil as portrayed, I am a Christian, with muslim friends surrounding me, this has always being my advice because these ones I know....I'm not painting them perfect, but they are good, better than many christians I know, some are devoted and very wise, intelligent, their retentive memory and smartness marvels me, I love them and wish to be like them....this is a fact. but u see the way that writer up there killed it, They should as u suggest, teach their members the truth and the punishments attached to killings and all, its their attitude and upbringing, not religion. Islam is Submission to God's will. I'm not saying Christianity is bad o, not at all, every man just has to find a way to please God. be wise about it. let the girl be.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Flairoqy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
AareOgbuefi:

I equally used to be a Christian as well but Allah brought me into his religion. May Allah make Islam easy for you to practice
Ameen
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by ussy09(m): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
she look more beautiful in d hijab

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by luciangelymail(f): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
alobs:

I like the way you sound Alobs , you sound enlightened and like one muslim friend of mine. Can I be your friend?, can I contact you? pls PM me on luciangel@ymail.com

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by luciangelymail(f): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Dear Mr Seun and all mods
I write to humbly ask that a forum for non-muslims, who wish to convert, but has biased minds, to freely without having to swear first, interact with others who are reasonable and experienced, do same too for muslims who wish to convert, to also ask questions from reasonable and experienced christians, I think it will help the amateurs understand certain things. Thanks in anticipaton!

Yours Faithfully,
Lucia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.