Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay (29423 Views)

28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa / Capital Oil Workers Fear Job Losses / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by tete7000(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
ifenes:

Who is fit to govern the country if not Buhari? The problem is you guys are used to doing things backwards to the point that doing it right looks wrong to you. The old man is trying to eliminate corruption that has crippled the economy,but you guys look at it with tribalism. Get rid of tribalism and support your Govt.

I am not telling you that I don't support this government. As a Nigeria who wants life to be better for all, do I really have a choice? My problem is that these people in government think and believe you can govern with lies and propaganda. People who have corrupt past want to make people believe they have capacity to eradicate corruption. But can they? I am not really sure but I sincerely wish that can happen. However that is if they themselves understand the meaning of the word corruption which I doubt they do.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by caracas: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Am sure 85% of this ppl voted for change . undecided
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by macaranta(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Really hard times for workers.

If you can teach online ..visit [url]macaranta.com[/url]
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by psalmsjob: 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
No man is an Island of course we know and u dont expect us to fold our hands and watch while other regions benefit more than the owners of the resources.

Niger Deltans support vandalization of the pipelines because it does not have a direct impact in their livelihood.

Imagine after taking over your land and building pipelines that takes oil from your community to only god knows where, ur children can't benefit from it, the company cant collaborate with govt to provide basic infrastructural amenities that will benefit their host community.

It's not fair to the ordinary people of the Niger Delta but I think it's the so called leaders of the Niger Delta who are the root cause of the problem. They are just getting fat on the Commonwealth of the communities in the region.

Once they are tackled then everyone will get the benefits directly.... GEJ is a golden opportunity but he f****up big time, he should have damn all consequences and fix the Niger Delta once and for all but he was power drunk and wanted to please everyone and that the attitude of all leaders from the Niger Delta once they get to Abuja or any capacity as representatives of our people.

Just as these oil companies have Headquarters in Lagos and Abuja so also does these so called Niger Delta leaders have houses in Lagos and Abuja where they do not feel the hardships of the ordinary people who live in the Niger Delta.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by tobyke: 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
fctguy:

What led to the pipes being blown up? why were the pipes not blown up 2, 3, 4 years ago?
That's why that region will forever be hopeless and underdeveloped with high level of illiteracy all over the Niger Delta Region. How can someone decide to destroy things that gives his region money and you stooped so low to support this stupidity and foolishness cos u don't like the president. Okay, if u hate him that much, come and take his life. GEJ wasted 6yrs in office without any achievement in Niger Delta rather he allowed tompolo to syphon trillions of naira from government without any landmark achievement. GEJ hid UN clean up report on ogoni and only PMB launched it, yet you have the gods to recycle your ignorance here.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by diplomat058(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
grin
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Blizzy9ja: 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
psalmsjob:

It's not fair to the ordinary people of the Niger Delta but I think it's the so called leaders of the Niger Delta who are the root cause of the problem. They are just getting fat on the Commonwealth of the communities in the region.

Once they are tackled then everyone will get the benefits directly.... GEJ is a golden opportunity but he f****up big time, he should have damn all consequences and fix the Niger Delta once and for all but he was power drunk and wanted to please everyone and that the attitude of all leaders from the Niger Delta once they get to Abuja or any capacity as representatives of our people.

Just as these oil companies have Headquarters in Lagos and Abuja so also does these so called Niger Delta leaders have houses in Lagos and Abuja where they do not feel the hardships of the ordinary people who live in the Niger Delta.
I dont even know what to tell you again... GEJ was the president of Nigeria and not the Niger Delta, an educated detribalizes man that put the interest of Nigeria above that of his region.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by psalmsjob: 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
I dont even know what to tell you again... GEJ was the president of Nigeria and not the Niger Delta, an educated detribalizes man that put the interest of Nigeria above that of his region.
If GEJ approach is the way to go why are you then claiming the sole right to the oil brnefits so much so you wish that the Headquarters of the oil companies should be in the region and not in Lagos and still complaining about the suffering of the people in that region in your earlier comments....just because I mentioned GEJ as a failure you jump to his defense without critically analysing what I said about the failure of the leaders in that region whereby Chief amongst them is GEJ...

so if he did everything in his power as a President in 5 years+ to secure the future of the people of the Niger Delta, he then becomes uneducated, a tribalized-man that put the interest of his people above that of Nigeria? Abeg stop deluding yourself GEJ is the best chance the Niger Delta had for a better deal from its oil and he blew it for self-glorification.... And guys are worshipping him as he expects....Nigerians voted for him primarily because he is from the Niger Delta so as to strengthen our unity and address the problems confronting that region....I'm sure if you ask him now why he didn't do much to turn things around in that region he will tell you he wants to do that in his 2nd term but a wise man, not necessarily an educated man, knows that a bird in hand is worth more than two on a tree...

GEJ is a monumental failure that should never repeat itself....and if you followers in the Niger Delta doesn't change your attitude towards your leaders and demand quality leadership you'll keep bearing the brunt of the problem where as they build mansions and live large at your expense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Proud Father Welcomes Lawyer Daughter With Customized Sticker / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.