Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,222 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay (29529 Views)

28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa / Capital Oil Workers Fear Job Losses / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by hucienda: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Don't think those guys are employees of Total S.A.

Hope the contracting company in question resolves the issue.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
1b8m:
see building?? shocked...the 7states producing the money does not have a single building compared to that, yet zombies will say there is no imbalance.

That building is owned by Eko Hotels (Lagos State Government and its partners)..

5 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by amtaken(f): 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
And most of them voted for change o.

Now see chain.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Adesiji77: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
VocalWalls:
Oyel workers... who them help when them dey chop?

Many of them were cruising the biggest jeeps, stealing disloyal girlfriends.

Sometimes i wonder, between politicians and oil workers, who spends worse without considerations and planning for the future.

grin grin

Did an "oyel" worker snatch your partner? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by tete7000(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

Talking to vandals terrorists is not an option; Terrorists should be exterminated

And I can see how many of them Buhari's government has eliminated and how they are not talking to them. Keep living in delusion. Real life is lived in compromise not absolute justice. If you are to talk of justice even Buhari is not fit to govern this country.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by FKseun(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
VocalWalls:
Oyel workers... who them help when them dey chop?

Many of them were cruising the biggest jeeps, stealing disloyal girlfriends.

Sometimes i wonder, between politicians and oil workers, who spends worse without considerations and planning for the future.

SEE HEAVY BAD BELLE! NA IM PUT YOU WHERE YOU DEY SO!
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by stmark45(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Build by Total on lease
MadCow1:

That building is owned by Eko Hotels (Lagos State Government and its partners)..

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by snochk: 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

So, blowing up pipelines because of election loss is justified?
. Who say the pipelines are been blown up because of election loss. Do you know the owners of this oil Wells. So much injustice need to be addressed. Already PMB has lost my support. I thought by now senators will no longer earn 25M monthly. He can as well leave so take over and make Nigeria a better place.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by ba7man(m): 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
1b8m:
see building?? shocked...the 7states producing the money does not have a single building compared to that, yet zombies will say there is no imbalance.
Most of those states recieve more money than Lagos state.

What are they doing with theirs is the right question.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by eitsei(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
candidbabe:
Protesting kwa
Is lagos not APC state.
Sai CHANJI.
PROUDLY 5%.
smh...were they employed by Lagos state government abi when did total oil become Lagos state investment?
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Sprintson(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

Is it the FG who blew up the Total pipeline?
U are a bastard Omo ale jati jati
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by slowbreeze(f): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
Once upon a time,when oyel workers were "hotcakes"... every girl wntd to date..most of dem were serial cheats.Some r now jobless.Eeyaaaaa
D hardship in this country no get part 2.Nigeria is a sinking ship...
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by eph12(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
danny56:
Mass sacking going on everywhere, go and get a skill and free yourself.. Be your own boss! The government can't help and won't help anybody.
Actually the government can. By providing the necessary basic amenities such as light, water, good roads etc

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Rockstar07: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Abeg make dem go sit down, the huge incentives dey don dey chop since neva do una? Abi una don use am cruise finish instead of investing judiciously.

It's not gainsaying that such won't happen which is inevitable as 9ja economy is currently not smiling.

Oyel workers who una epp?
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Rockstar07: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
MadCow1:
Point of Correction, they are not Staff of Total.

MadCow, so who are they? NURTW worker or Lawma ?
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by 1b8m: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
are you feigning ignorant or what? i no get time for beer-parlour argument sha, NDA are already the needful
ba7man:
Most of those states recieve more money than Lagos state.

What are they doing with theirs is the right question.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by ba7man(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
1b8m:
are you feigning ignorant or what? i no get time for beer-parlour argument sha, NDA are already the needful
You've managed to say nothing.

We all know what the ND states recieve and it's evident the States can't match Lagos in output in any aspect....... despite similar allocations.

You're the one feigning ignorance.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by psalmsjob: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
You explore the oil from the Niger Delta, and you take your headquarters to far away Lagos thereby short changing the people of the region. Okay na, Make una come work na.... Rubbish!
If the Headquarters is at Niger Delta your bois would have kidnapped the building itself....I trust una...but the real Headquarters is in France sha...there can never be development where there is no peace...

Even if the Niger Delta becomes autonomous, which is impossible, they'll still need foreign companies to explore the oil and trade with...no one can be an island to himself and survive.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by nonjebose(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Na wa o. This is serious
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by HEIR: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

So, blowing up pipelines because of election loss is justified?
Did the so called vandals, NDA and other agitators state election loss as one of their demands? I see comments from people like you and its very obvious we've lost our conscience as a nation. Anyone with dependants no matter the level of wealth knows everything is wrong with the economy and of cos the bulk stops at the table of Mr President, he'll take the glory if things gets better and of cos the knocks if things go south. He needs to find solutions ASAP.
This is a faceless forum, but bro I'll advice you grow up, be a concerned Nigerian (not a wailer or zombie). People are watching you.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by VocalWalls: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adesiji77:

grin grin

Did an "oyel" worker snatch your partner? Lol
FKseun:

SEE HEAVY BAD BELLE! NA IM PUT YOU WHERE YOU DEY SO!

Anything wey you call am. I just have a disain for people who don't plan for tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by ifenes(m): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
I am my own boss,I fear no sack.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by ifenes(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
9jatatafo:

Skills such as?!

Farming,trading,Carpentry,Plumbing etc

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by danny56: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
eph12:

Actually the government can. By providing the necessary basic amenities such as light, water, good roads etc

Keep waiting for d government sir!
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by JIGHU(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
metroparrot:
Total oil workers were seen protesting at the company's headquarters in Lagos this morning. The workers are protesting over their dismissal without any terminal benefits paid .

THIS IS NOT TOTAL PLC ....STOP LYING ...TOTAL IS ON AFRIBANK ROAD,VI

See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-total-oil-workers-protest-in.html

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by ifenes(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
tete7000:

And I can see how many of them Buhari's government has eliminated and how they are not talking to them. Keep living in delusion. Real life is lived in compromise not absolute justice. If you are to talk of justice even Buhari is not fit to govern this country.

Who is fit to govern the country if not Buhari? The problem is you guys are used to doing things backwards to the point that doing it right looks wrong to you. The old man is trying to eliminate corruption that has crippled the economy,but you guys look at it with tribalism. Get rid of tribalism and support your Govt.

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
stmark45:
Build by Total on lease

Yeah.. Built by Total but owned by Eko Hotel
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rockstar07:

MadCow, so who are they? NURTW worker or Lawma ?

They may be security or Drivers but they are not Total staff and have never been on their payroll
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
JIGHU:
THIS IS NOT TOTAL PLC ....STOP LYING ...TOTAL IS ON AFRIBANK ROAD,VI

That is Total E & P not Total PLC..
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Blizzy9ja: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
psalmsjob:

If the Headquarters is at Niger Delta your bois would have kidnapped the building itself....I trust una...but the real Headquarters is in France sha...there can never be development where there is no peace...

Even if the Niger Delta becomes autonomous, which is impossible, they'll still need foreign companies to explore the oil and trade with...no one can be an island to himself and survive.
No man is an Island of course we know and u dont expect us to fold our hands and watch while other regions benefit more than the owners of the resources.

Niger Deltans support vandalization of the pipelines because it does not have a direct impact in their livelihood.

Imagine after taking over your land and building pipelines that takes oil from your community to only god knows where, ur children can't benefit from it, the company cant collaborate with govt to provide basic infrastructural amenities that will benefit their host community.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by kokogee: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Clap for the avenger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17 Simple Habits That Make You Look More Professional / 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / Project Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.