Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay (29431 Views)

28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa / Capital Oil Workers Fear Job Losses / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by DesChyko: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2016
LexxieleE:
is dis a definition?
No. It is a composition.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by TBankxx(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2016
The moment APC assume power everything went down!!
FAILURES!

6 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by slap1(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2016
Buhari kontinu, zombies are forever behind you.

6 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Pavarottii(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

Is it the FG who blew up the Total pipeline?
Keep on defending d FG. Sha not let d sack reach u and ur household, by den I will know whether u will still blame govt or NDA.

6 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by BizBloke(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2016
Why won't the fellas up there pay terminal benefits?

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by okeyngene: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2016
Tired of dis country, we need freedom, biafra is my nation

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Pavarottii(m): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2016
MadCow1:
Point of Correction, they are not Staff of Total.
Who are they?

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by DEAFandDUMB(f): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2016
I heard the most lucrative entrepreneurship business now is yahoo yahoo..

Please how true is this rumour?

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by kingthreat(m): 11:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Oil Money Sweet.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by dustydee: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2016
meanwhile, in the UK . . .

Over 120,000 jobs are expected to have been lost between 2014 and the end of this year because of the severe hit inflicted on the UK oil industry from tumbling global prices.

The strain of low oil prices has caused massive layoffs and cost-cutting across the sector and in related industries over the last 24 months.

New employment figures released today by industry trade body Oil & Gas UK forecast 40,000 job losses in 2016 alone. Last year, around 84,000 jobs were cut.

http://www.cityam.com/243014/120000-uk-jobs-lost-from-the-oil-price-crash

4 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by frisky2good(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2016
That's true, we actually have a labour minister grin

truthspeaks:
Mass sack is now a trend. Oya Ngige min of labor, over to u

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Horus(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2016
fctguy:

What led to the pipes being blown up? why were the pipes not blown up 2, 3, 4 years ago?

When someone didnt win the election.

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by overlord77: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

And did blowing up of pipeline start with this administration?

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by izzou(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2016
I am no supporter of Buhari but the truth is....

Bombing of pipelines can never and will NEVER affect Buhari,the ministers,senators,even as low as the councillors...

It is still us that will feel the impact

So for those supporting them,kwantinue.
When the sack letter reach you,make sure you support the Avengers

And why cant Total pay their benefits?

4 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Project400: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2016
sad sad
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by stmark45(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2016
It's not Total staffs point of correction. Actually it's one of their contractor that work with them(A security company). Most of them their jobs were terminated for a while here in Lagos & abuja. So they learnt that their colleagues in Abuja has received there own payments. From what I learnt someone or their company is hold their own payments. So they came to Total office in lagos to protest which is a good one. now they are going to fish out they person that is holding their payments.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by jpphilips(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2016
danny56:
Mass sacking going on everywhere, go and get a skill and free yourself.. Be your own boss! The government can't help and won't help anybody.

Their pipeline export network was disrupted, what do you think the company should do, keep them?
They should be protesting to Avengers not Total. It is high time Nigerians embrace the reality of what is going on in the industry.

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by tete7000(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

FG body language instigated. President composure and utterances promoted it. When a man governs a highly polarised nation like Nigeria, he needs to use languages that are conciliatory rather than confrontational.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Who are they?

Whoever they are, they are not the responsibility of TEPNG and Total does not owe them any benefits.

Don't ask me how I know.. cool
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Ephemmm: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2016
fctguy:

What led to the pipes being blown up? why were the pipes not blown up 2, 3, 4 years ago?

Because they chose to keep silent when the 'son of the soil' who doesn't take care of their needs was at the helm of the affairs: now agitating for what they didn't agitate for then.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2016
danny56:
Mass sacking going on everywhere, go and get a skill and free yourself.. Be your own boss! The government can't help and won't help anybody.
them go listen, na to de carry certificate up and down like say paper de fit produce tooth pick.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by tiwiex(m): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2016
Horus:

It's FGs body language that blew it up though. Hehehe.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by stmark45(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2016
MadCow1:

Whoever they are, they are not the responsibility of TEPNG and Total does not owe them any benefits.

Don't ask me how I know.. cool

They should go and fish out they people that are holding their money in their company. They only came to Total for help.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by mmsen: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2016
Why are they protesting against the company that is reacting to government policy and inaction instead of protesting against the useless government that many of those fools probably voted for?
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by lafuria1(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2016
stmark45:
It's not Total staffs point of correction. Actually it's one of their contractor that work with them(A security company). Most of them their jobs were terminated for a while here in Lagos & abuja. So they learnt that their colleagues in Abuja has received there own payments. From what I learnt someone or their company is hold their own payments. So they came to Total office in lagos to protest which is a good one. now they are going to fish out they person that is holding their payments.

I agree with you, makes sense. Total won't never sack their own staffs and not pay them severance package.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by kayodeadeniji2(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2016
I feel their pain though
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by igwegeorgiano(m): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
i feel their pains.
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by Horus(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
tete7000:

FG body language instigated. President composure and utterances promoted it. When a man governs a highly polarised nation like Nigeria, he needs to use languages that are conciliatory rather than confrontational.

Talking to vandals terrorists is not an option; Terrorists should be exterminated
Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by 1b8m: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
see building?? shocked...the 7states producing the money does not have a single building compared to that, yet zombies will say there is no imbalance.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by bluaero(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
more masquerade dressers have been unleashed to the economy. Ngige over to you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by OKOROXXX: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Boooohari, has gone to collect the job wey pass am, everytin don scatter.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay by MadCow1: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
stmark45:

They should go and fish out they people that are holding their money in their company. They only came to Total for help.

Technically Speaking, there is a limit to which Total can involve itself in a matter between a Contractor and its employees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between MICROBIOLOGY And Medical Laboratory Science / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.