Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

God Is Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Dead (2238 Views)

CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Dead by captainnigeria(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2016
The idea of God is a hoax. This is a lie perpetuated by ignorance and the need to keep hope alive. People want to believe in something so they can say their lives meant something. Alas we are not special. You are the same dacaying organic matter as everybody else. I will give just one evidence to prove this illusion called God though many examples abound
The age of the earth. According to the Abrahamic religions which include christianity and islam, the earth is probably like 9000 YEARS OLD if we take from the beginning when Adam was created and we progress through to jesus christ and anow 2016 years after death. Geology and quantum physics tell us otherwise. These denials of modern geology are astonishing in the extreme to any scientist familiar with the depth and strength of the evidence for a 4.54 billion-year-old earth. Geologic dates are calculated using any of several well-established techniques based on known rates of radioactivity, a phenomenon that is rooted in fundamental laws of physics (quantum mechanics), and which follows simple mathematical formulas. Dating schemes based on rates of radioactivity have been refined and scrutinized for several decades. For details on how these ages are measured and calculated, see Radiometric dating.
So how reliable are these dates?
As with any experimental procedure, these measurements are subject to certain “glitches” and “anomalies,” as noted in the literature. But through several decades of extensive use, scientists have identified these difficulties and have designed careful experimental procedures to avoid them. And modern high-tech mass spectrometers can obtain reliable dates even on microscopic samples.
The chance that a single peer-reviewed measurement is off by a factor of millions is slim indeed. But the chance that every one of the these measurements is off by such a huge factor is absolutely zero.
Besides, one can determine the rough age of the earth by a very simple calculation. It is a fact that among all known isotopes found on earth that are not themselves products of radioactive decay,everyisotope with a half life less than about 70 million years is absent (evidently because all traces have disappeared during the age of the earth), yeteveryisotope with a half life greater than about 70 million years is present at some detectable level. Since our current technology can detect isotopes with an abundance of roughly one part in a trillion (corresponding to the amount remaining after 40 half lives), this shows that the material from which our earth formed is at least 40 x 70 million (= 2.8 billion) years old. Now please explain to me how you can still blindly believe in the Abrahamic God after such irrefutable evidence. Evolution and theory of natural selection show a progression and the obey the law of probability. There is no evidence for creationism.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by davien(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2016
And if we were to even date the moons age it corresponds with the earths 4.5 billion year age, the same moon that Abrahamic religions claim is younger from their Biblical interpretations...

The universe doesn't have room for god/gods as explanative features anymore...

well said @captainnigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by captainnigeria(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2016
davien:
And if we were to even date the moons age it corresponds with the earths 4.5 billion year age, the same moon that Abrahamic religions claim is younger from their Biblical interpretations...

The universe doesn't have room for god/gods as explanative features anymore...

well said @captain
Thanks. It just pains me that a lot of people don't understand this stuff and how impossible it is for science to be wrong. If the theory is wrong it is abandoned. People will make excuses for each verse in the bible or quran no matter how stupid it sounds. They still try to rationalize everything. loads of bollocks if you ask me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by davien(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2016
captainnigeria:
Thanks. It just pains me that a lot of people don't understand this stuff and how impossible it is for science to be wrong. If the theory is wrong it is abandoned. People will make excuses for each verse in the bible or quran no matter how stupid it sounds. They still try to rationalize everything. loads of bollocks if you ask me
What you begin to realise after talking with creationists for so many years is that the truth doesn't matter to them... It's just about protecting the idea that the earth is 6000-10000 years old..

And they do this through many falsehoods like ;

Quote mining legit scientific papers to make it appear to support their case, an example being the famous Charles Darwin eye quote mine..

Actually sending contaminated samples to labs and then claiming since the results were whack therefore radiometric dating(particularly carbon dating) is wrong.

Spreading false tales like "paulaxy footprints" and dinosaur - human cohabitation... etc.

Lastly is ignoring or side-tracking anything that doesn't support their case.... that's why you'd still hear old fallacies rehashed like "intelligent design" and the likes.

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by donnffd(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
captainnigeria:

Hi bro, Nice writeup...i have gotten to a point where i dont argue with theist anymore, to all man is own, and i hear things like "when we die, we would know who is right", and it pains me alot, you know why?, its because when we die, we wont know that we are dead talkless of knowing who got it right...so leave the misinformed to their misinformation and try to educate the young and willing to learn for thats the only way we can move the human race forward

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by ValentineMary(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lovely one OP. Let kingebukasblog come now and rationalize the story of a talking snake

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by iamtewwy(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Something that dont exist cant die na

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by theoneJabulani(m): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
brilliant writeup

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by ettaetta(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is not by force to believe in God, i know you wrote this trash so we can start arguing, just keep your opinion to your self, i read your post but i didnt see any valuable point

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by Edelweiss44: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
captainnigeria:
The idea of God is a hoax. This is a lie perpetuated by ignorance and the need to keep hope alive. People want to believe in something so they can say their lives meant something. Alas we are not special. You are the same dacaying organic matter as everybody else. I will give just one evidence to prove this illusion called God though many examples abound
The age of the earth. According to the Abrahamic religions which include christianity and islam, the earth is probably like 9000 YEARS OLD if we take from the beginning when Adam was created and we progress through to jesus christ and anow 2016 years after death. Geology and quantum physics tell us otherwise. These denials of modern geology are astonishing in the extreme to any scientist familiar with the depth and strength of the evidence for a 4.54 billion-year-old earth. Geologic dates are calculated using any of several well-established techniques based on known rates of radioactivity, a phenomenon that is rooted in fundamental laws of physics (quantum mechanics), and which follows simple mathematical formulas. Dating schemes based on rates of radioactivity have been refined and scrutinized for several decades. For details on how these ages are measured and calculated, see Radiometric dating.
As with any experimental procedure, these measurements are subject to certain “glitches” and “anomalies,” as noted in the literature. But through several decades of extensive use, scientists have identified these difficulties and have designed careful experimental procedures to avoid them. And modern high-tech mass spectrometers can obtain reliable dates even on microscopic samples.
The chance that a single peer-reviewed measurement is off by a factor of millions is slim indeed. But the chance that every one of the these measurements is off by such a huge factor is absolutely zero.
Besides, one can determine the rough age of the earth by a very simple calculation. It is a fact that among all known isotopes found on earth that are not themselves products of radioactive decay,everyisotope with a half life less than about 70 million years is absent (evidently because all traces have disappeared during the age of the earth), yeteveryisotope with a half life greater than about 70 million years is present at some detectable level. Since our current technology can detect isotopes with an abundance of roughly one part in a trillion (corresponding to the amount remaining after 40 half lives), this shows that the material from which our earth formed is at least 40 x 70 million (= 2.8 billion) years old. Now please explain to me how you can still blindly believe in the Abrahamic God after such irrefutable evidence. Evolution and theory of natural selection show a progression and the obey the law of probability. There is no evidence for creationism.

Thrash written by a big fool who is just too ignorant of the bible that his ignorance stinks!

Before you come here to quote, misquote and misinterprete the bible, you may want to go back and open your eyes to read Genesis chapter 1 verses 1-3 again, then you will see that the earth according to the bible should be far much older than the 9000years you falsely claim the bible says the earth is.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. That beginning was long before the creation of Adam & Eve. In verse 2 of Genesis 1, it states that "the earth BECAME void and darkness covered the face of the waters". Between verses 1 & 2 of Genesis chapter 1 was a gap of many years, probably millions or billions of years. What happened from Genesis chapter 1 verse 3 up to Adam was just a RECREATION OF THE EARTH. Read the passages again and you will know that God had first created the earth in verse 1, then something occured that made the earth become void and covered in darkness, and that was why God decided to do a Recreation of the earth from verse 3 upwards. Dinosaurs most likely existed on the planet before something went wrong in verse 2 of Genesis 1 that wiped them out and God now had to recreate and finally created Adam and Eve afterwards. That Adam & Eve can be traced back to between 6000 - 9000years ago according to the bible does not mean the earth was created within that same time. The earth was created very long ago before Adam & Eve were created.

Stop disgracing yourself and showing your gross ignorance in public just because you want to delude yourself and unsuspecting victims to think God does not exist!

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Edelweiss44:

Thrash written by a big fool who is just too ignorant of the bible that his ignorance stinks!

Before you come here to quote, misquote and misinterprete the bible, you may want to go back and open your eyes to read Genesis chapter 1 verses 1-3 again, then you will see that the earth according to the bible should be far much older than the 9000years you falsely claim the bible says the earth is.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. That beginning was long before the creation of Adam & Eve. In verse 2 of Genesis 1, it states that "the earth BECAME void and darkness covered the face of the waters". Between verses 1 & 2 of Genesis chapter 1 was a gap of many years, probably millions or billions of years. What happened from Genesis chapter 1 verse 3 up to Adam was just a RECREATION OF THE EARTH. Read the passages again and you will know that God had first created the earth in verse 1, then something occured that made the earth become void and covered in darkness, and that was why God decided to do a Recreation of the earth from verse 3 upwards. Dinosaurs most likely existed on the planet before something went wrong in verse 2 of Genesis 1 that wiped them out and God now had to recreate and finally created Adam and Eve afterwards. That Adam & Eve can be traced back to between 6000 - 9000years ago according to the bible does not mean the earth was created within that same time. The earth was created very long ago before Adam & Eve were created.

Stop disgracing yourself and showing your gross ignorance in public just because you want to delude yourself and unsuspecting victims to think God does not exist!

Guy, there is no difference btw you and the islamic extremist in the north killing people as they like under the umbrella of religion. Op created a thread and stated his opinion and all you could say is to call him a fool. Why are all you relgion folks so aggresive? The Op didnt force you to check his thread or made it compulsory. Why should you now come in here and start displaying your level of childish and barbaric atitude. No be by force.

Secondly, you are using the bible loophole to justify whats not real. If the bible is truely the word of God, why should it not have stated the yrs btw creation of earth and Adam. That means the bible is imcomplete. You make me laugh when you said SOMETHING HAPPEN and the earth became void. Did you listen to yourself? You are not sure of what happen and if you do say it. Cos ur bible didnt say why earth became void quoting from what you said. You tends not to believe science and tech, and you might be one of the first people to buy Samsung S7. You better wake up and question your sky daddy. Mtcheeeewwwww.

Op welldone o jaare.

7 Likes

Re: God Is Dead by Edelweiss44: 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Seelurd:

Guy, there is no difference btw you and the islamic extremist in the north killing people as they like under the umbrella of religion. Op created a thread and stated his opinion and all you could say is to call him a fool. Why are all you relgion folks so aggresive? The Op didnt force you to check his thread or made it compulsory. Why should you now come in here and start displaying your level of childish and barbaric atitude. No be by force.

Secondly, you are using the bible loophole to justify whats not real. If the bible is truely the word of God, why should it not have stated the yrs btw creation of earth and Adam. That means the bible is imcomplete. You make me laugh when you said SOMETHING HAPPEN and the earth became void. Did you listen to yourself? You are not sure of what happen and if you do say it. Cos ur bible didnt say why earth became void quoting from what you said. You tends not to believe science and tech, and you might be one of the first people to buy Samsung S7. You better wake up and question your sky daddy. Mtcheeeewwwww.

Op welldone o jaare.

If you were really as smart as you think you are, your brain should have told you that it is impossible to include every little detail of all creation in the bible. With the minimal details included in the bible, you can see how big it is, then imagine the size of the book that will now contain the volume of details if God decided that every little detail must be included. If only the details of everything about Jesus' life while on earth were written in a book, you would need books more than the size of a house to contain them. God is not foolish to understand that human beings do not need unnecessary details and that is why only the most important details are recorded for want of space.

You that is talking, if they were to write down everything about your life so far in a book from the day you were born, do you think a book the size of your bedroom could contain every detail? Yet you want God to write down every detail about creation, Adam, Eve, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Jesus, etc etc in a book that is small enough for you to read and carry about easily? God is not daft like your brain is deceiving you to think!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by Splinz(m): 1:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

If you were really as smart as you think you are, your brain should have told you that it is impossible to include every little detail of all creation in the bible. With the minimal details included in the bible, you can see how big it is, then imagine the size of the book that will now contain the volume of details if God decided that every little detail must be included. If only the details of everything about Jesus' life while on earth were written in a book, you would need books more than the size of a house to contain them. God is not foolish to understand that human beings do not need unnecessary details and that is why only the most important details are recorded for want of space.

You that is talking, if they were to write down everything about your life so far in a book from the day you were born, do you think a book the size of your bedroom could contain every detail? Yet you want God to write down every detail about creation, Adam, Eve, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Jesus, etc etc in a book that is small enough for you to read and carry about easily? God is not daft like your brain is deceiving you to think!
I think the Op is really being unfair in his judgement, or simply ignorance of the bible. I've also always maintained that it is impossible and needless to include everything in the bible other than what it was meant to served. A purpose few have clearly understood.

First, I don't understand the rational behind scrutinizing the bible in light of science. Is the bible teaching science- physics, geography, mathematic, etc? As a scientist wanna-be, will I pick up the bible to study or science related books? Interfering in biblical studies in the name of science is a height of misplaced priority!

It is also wrong to read meanings to scriptures from one obviously devoid of its understanding, as it only shows stark ignorance and shame! A good bible student understands time span between each bible verses. Nowhere does the bible says the earth is 6000, 7000, 10000, etc years. But as usual, busybodies dabbling into what they know nothing about.

Piece of advice bro. Avoid useless wrangling as a plaque. For indeed, it is a plaque!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by leggo: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
why are all you Christian apologists so sad. It obviously states in the bible that God created everything in 6 days and on the 7th day he rested. I don't see how you can find a loophole in that. The science behind the age of the earth is irrefutable if you read my article. Quantum physics is what makes your smart phones work, the GPS in your car and a bunch of other shit. If I can find fault in the creationist story that is the basis of the Abrahamic God, it proves the illusion a lot of people have fallen into. What about dinosaurs? So God made the earth and he was like hold up, this shit is boring. It needs more shit. I'll put dinosaurs on that shit and then he was like why did I put dinosaurs on that shit. I'll just blow them up with a meteor and remake the earth. Does this sound like your God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

Hey, at least if he cannot tell us everything; then he should not mislead us...

For Bleep sake, it's repeated continously that the earth is created in 6 days; that plants came before the sun.

The falsehood continues when we hear about an earth that is flat; the sun stopping its movement and a rod turning to a snake and everyone tracing their progeny back to some middleeastern people....

If the bible cannot give accurate information containing the history of the world; then it should have kept quiet; rather than saying unreliable information which were probably the leading "scientific" grin thought at the time.

3 Likes

Re: God Is Dead by Edelweiss44: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
SirWere:

Hey, at least if he cannot tell us everything; then he should not mislead us...

For Bleep sake, it's repeated continously that the earth is created in 6 days; that plants came before the sun.

The falsehood continues when we hear about an earth that is flat; the sun stopping its movement and a rod turning to a snake and everyone tracing their progeny back to some middleeastern people....

If the bible cannot give accurate information containing the history of the world; then it should have kept quiet; rather than saying unreliable information which were probably the leading "scientific" grin thought at the time.

Bros you don't need to fall your hand in public like this with your gross ignorance naa.......abeg, where in the bible was it ever said that the earth is flat? can you pls quote the book, chapter and verse where it was stated? We are waiting for your quote....

By the way, if you read through my first post before making this comment, you should have understood the simple explanation according to the bible; In Genesis chapter 1 vs 1, God first created the heaven and earth. In verse 2, it says "the earth BECAME void and darkness was upon the face of the waters". In verse 3, it says "and God said let there be light". Before God started creating the sun and the animals and trees and Adam and Eve, God had already created the earth long before then. The bible did not specify the exact number of years between Genesis chapter 1 vs 1 when God first created the earth & heaven and Genesis chapter 1 vs 2 when something occured that made the earth become void and covered in darkness (that time frame could as well have been thousands or millions or even billions of years, we were not told precisely how long a time it was). What God did in 6days was just a recreation of an already existing earth that He had already created before in the beginning but something had happened according to verse 2 that made the earth become void and full of darkness. There was already an earth before verse 3 when God said "Let there be light" (day 1 out of 6 of the recreation).

Stop turning the bible upside down to confuse yourself and deceive others!
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by Edelweiss44: 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=Lilbrown007 post=46569016][/quote]

How you will know you're not as smart as you think is when you look into the history of modern science and discover that most of the scientists who invented the basics of the technologies we enjoy today were mostly christians or Jews who both believe in God.
Thomas Edison believed in God
The Wright Brothers (aeroplane) believed in God (as a matter of fact, their father was a Pastor)

Graham Bell believed in God

Albert Einstien believed in God (he was a Jew)

The guy who discovered Penicilin as the first antibiotics was a Jew who believed in God.

The list goes on and on. You yourself that is claiming atheist, what have you invented or discovered? Nothing! rather you are enjoying the phone technology that has it's foundation from the invention of Alexander Graham Bell who was a believer in God, and you're here making noise that you're an atheist. #IgnoramusEverywhereTheseDaysWhoThinkTheyKnowItAll
Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

Bros you don't need to fall your hand in public like this with your gross ignorance naa.......abeg, where in the bible was it ever said that the earth is flat? can you pls quote the book, chapter and verse where it was stated? We are waiting for your quote....

By the way, if you read through my first post before making this comment, you should have understood the simple explanation according to the bible; In Genesis chapter 1 vs 1, God first created the heaven and earth. In verse 2, it says "the earth BECAME void and darkness was upon the face of the waters". In verse 3, it says "and God said let there be light". Before God started creating the sun and the animals and trees and Adam and Eve, God had already created the earth long before then. The bible did not specify the exact number of years between Genesis chapter 1 vs 1 when God first created the earth & heaven and Genesis chapter 1 vs 2 when something occured that made the earth become void and covered in darkness (that time frame could as well have been thousands or millions or even billions of years, we were not told precisely how long a time it was). What God did in 6days was just a recreation of an already existing earth that He had already created before in the beginning but something had happened according to verse 2 that made the earth become void and full of darkness. There was already an earth before verse 3 when God said "Let there be light" (day 1 out of 6 of the recreation).

Stop turning the bible upside down to confuse yourself and deceive others!

Na wa ooo...

That's a lot going on in one verse gringrin

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by BodyKiss(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

This one is Kingebukasblog version 2.0.
Dudes can pull lies from thin air.

3 Likes

Re: God Is Dead by orunto27: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pneumatology(Spiritology) covers Arts, Science and Miracles(Spiritronics). Until all atheists know this and ready always to commune about it, their sensibilities, i.e feelings, thinking and reasonings, their actions, interactions and movements, will remain uncontrollable and largely bordering on insanity. Atheists are carrying a CURSE of obstinacy, recalcitrance and disobedience to formal and normal life. God does not reckon with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Dead by CAPSLOCKED: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
captainnigeria:

AND TO ME,
THAT'S THE MOST HORRENDOUS THING TO DO.

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Edelweiss44:

How you will know you're not as smart as you think is when you look into the history of modern science and discover that most of the scientists who invented the basics of the technologies we enjoy today were mostly christians or Jews who both believe in God.
Thomas Edison believed in God
The Wright Brothers (aeroplane) believed in God (as a matter of fact, their father was a Pastor)

Graham Bell believed in God

Albert Einstien believed in God (he was a Jew)

The guy who discovered Penicilin as the first antibiotics was a Jew who believed in God.

The list goes on and on. You yourself that is claiming atheist, what have you invented or discovered? Nothing! rather you are enjoying the phone technology that has it's foundation from the invention of Alexander Graham Bell who was a believer in God, and you're here making noise that you're an atheist. #IgnoramusEverywhereTheseDaysWhoThinkTheyKnowItAll

No Doubt Some Of Them Believe In God Have U Heard Of Deism B4?? Some Believe In Personal God Like Einstein But only Few Believe In The Abrahamic God!! But U Could Keep Displaying Ur Ignorance Here

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by captainnigeria(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
There's no need for name calling here. Why are all these theists acting so butthurt. BTW eistein did not believe in Abrahamic God. I just wanna put that out there. Also most scientist do not believe in God. Please do your research. The science from my original post is not wrong. The earth is over 4 billion years old fact! Ergo no God due to the creationist story being wrong. God created the earth in 6 days. Not possible as dinosaurs came before man about 2 billion years in fact. Just look at the time line. The dinosaur fossils that have been found have been carbon dated and quantum physics is not wrong fact! Read about pangea and how the earth fragmented. Expand your mind. Smoke some weed. Read and appreciate life and take care of your problems. No whimsical diety is gonna do shit for you. You might as well believe in father christmas

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Dead by Ranchhoddas: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
donnffd:

Hi bro, Nice writeup...i have gotten to a point where i dont argue with theist anymore, to all man is own, and i hear things like "when we die, we would know who is right", and it pains me alot, you know why?, its because when we die, we wont know that we are dead talkless of knowing who got it right...so leave the misinformed to their misinformation and try to educate the young and willing to learn for thats the only way we can move the human race forward
I sincerely hope death is not the end. The thought is depressing.
Re: God Is Dead by donnffd(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I sincerely hope death is not the end. The thought is depressing.

It shouldnt be depressing

Checkout this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3165723/fear-death
Re: God Is Dead by Edelweiss44: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
captainnigeria:
There's no need for name calling here. Why are all these theists acting so butthurt. BTW eistein did not believe in Abrahamic God. I just wanna put that out there. Also most scientist do not believe in God. Please do your research. The science from my original post is not wrong. The earth is over 4 billion years old fact! Ergo no God due to the creationist story being wrong. God created the earth in 6 days. Not possible as dinosaurs came before man about 2 billion years in fact. Just look at the time line. The dinosaur fossils that have been found have been carbon dated and quantum physics is not wrong fact! Read about pangea and how the earth fragmented. Expand your mind. Smoke some weed. Read and appreciate life and take care of your problems. No whimsical diety is gonna do shit for you. You might as well believe in father christmas

You obviously do not read or you are just blind to facts! If you read my facts i presented in my first reply to your post, you would not be making most of the statements in this new post above. Go back and read my reply and stop showing your ignorance multiple times here! I clearly stated facts from Genesis chapter 1 verse 1, and verse 2 and verse 3 where God did a 6-day recreation of an already existing earth that was created in verse 1. The time frame between verse 1 and verse 2 was not stated, and it could have been thousands or millions or billions of years! Adam & Eve were not created in the beginning like the earth, they were only created after God had recreated the earth in 6days, many years after the original creation of the earth in Genesis chapter 1 vs 1.

1 Like

Re: God Is Dead by enm(m): 4:40am On Jun 15, 2016
All i know is that God is not dead and jesus is real. God is an incorruptible and holy being.

I was born into christian home. My mother more serious than my father in the christian faith then. I always cry to church as she will take us along to church.

As time would have it, i found myself leaving home for the north for my secondary school education, at first staying with a cousin of mine who was and still an eckist. I participated in their weekly service ( is place is their meeting point in minna then ) I attend their seminars, read their books also delve into Koran but didn't read deeper as i was not comfortable with the islamic holy book.

So eckanker became in thing for me, believe in its teaching and become more open and adventurous for more. I pick up an astrology book and read it also and the bible became something i read for fun and also as mean or aid to masturbation as any verse that sexuality was mentioned became a trigger to masturbate, imagining and fantasising about beautiful women always looking forward to having sex in dream. How old was I? 13yrs

Meanwhile no peace in my mind, there was this feeling of emptiness, this desire to search for the truth. With all my indoctrination in eckanker, i still felt the need to search for the truth, islam a close chapter, what next amorc or rusicretian (hope i got the name right?) At the background gentle nudging to go back to christianity.

Fortunately for me after about 4 years i found myself back to lagos; after sometime i started attending church just to please my father who by now is a change person after having a life changing personal encounter with God at a stage where everybody were just waiting for him to die because they have given up hope as every effort failed. ( No pastor came to pray for him ooh, na talk he to God ooh asking Him to intervene and before you say jack Robinson na so he sleep and have direct encounter with God )

To cut a long story short, i began to feel at peace, my mind at rest and reassured that i have made the decision. Finally find the truth no feeling of emptiness even though things were tough i was so full and confident of a better tomorrow. Along the line curiosity made me fall away again but somehow God has a way of calling me back and am grateful.

One day at dining table while eating, suddenly began to think of the past, all the bad things i did while in school, the danger and so on, i shudder and heave a sigh to think that am still alive and healthy. Then from no where a gentle and calm voice ask " do you think it was by your power?"

Why this long story? To prove that God is not dead but alive to those who believe that God is dead and to also show to those who believe there is no God. And I know that there are people with more compelling experience than mine and if you are such person please don't by shy to post your experience here so that others can benefit.

If you are those who believe in logic, analysing things like i used to do, you will try but won't be satisfied. If you want to know God, throw logic aside, be open and sincere in your quest and i believe God who sent His only begotten son Jesus to come and die for us so that we will be save and have eternal life will show Himself to you in a more pronounce way. no amount of reading the bible, crying in worship and prayer. You must be serious and be sincere in your desire. God can not be mock.

Note:- The gate to the kingdom of God is still open and calling on all to come in and be save from the great trials and tribulations that await the world and those who delight and take pleasure in darkness. The way to God kingdom is Jesus and let no one deceive you that there are many way to God. Jesus is the only way and the light to God kingdom and its free. Salvation is free.

You are free to PM but note am not a pastor ooh.

O God let your prophetic word of From glory to glory be confirmed and established in the life of every one reading this in jesus name. Amen
Re: God Is Dead by valboy20(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2016
^^ someborry should ban that my son above me for his stupidity

2 Likes

Re: God Is Dead by valboy20(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2016
Edelweiss44:

I've seen some dumb apologetics but this is the dumbest.

Anyway lemme act like I believed your fable.

Does it make the least sense to you that an almighty omniscient God will recreate the earth after realizing the errors in his first creation?

Can a perfect God create imperfect things?

Damn buddy you're a fuckin' dumbo.. Very dumb and ignorant. Can't you see the holes in your rubbish story..the fact that you're so proud of your stupidity makes me cringe. I don't really expect much prudence from theist anyway but you should stop exhibiting your Folly on a social network

2 Likes

Re: God Is Dead by urahara(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2016
captainnigeria:

The fact that yahweh and allah and all other gods of other religions are mythological does not necessarily preclude the existence of a true god .

This true god or gods may or may not exist.
Re: God Is Dead by urahara(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Edelweiss44:

In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. That beginning was long before the creation of Adam & Eve. In verse 2 of Genesis 1, it states that "the earth BECAME void and darkness covered the face of the waters". Between verses 1 & 2 of Genesis chapter 1 was a gap of many years, probably millions or billions of years. What happened from Genesis chapter 1 verse 3 up to Adam was just a RECREATION OF THE EARTH. Read the passages again and you will know that God had first created the earth in verse 1, then something occured that made the earth become void and covered in darkness, and that was why God decided to do a Recreation of the earth from verse 3 upwards. [b]Dinosaurs most likely existed on the planet before something went wrong in verse 2 of Genesis 1 that wiped them out and God now had to recreate and finally created Adam and Eve afterwards. [/b]That Adam & Eve can be traced back to between 6000 - 9000years ago according to the bible does not mean the earth was created within that same time. The earth was created very long ago before Adam & Eve were created.

You said dinosaurs existed before adam and eve and that they were wiped out but what u fail to comprehend is that according to ur buybull theology death entered the world because of adam and eves sin so how could tge dinosaurs have died without adam and eve sinning .

You are actually the one disgracing ur self in public

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last Warning To Christians Who Eat Snail/shrimp / Anti-religion Memes / Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.