Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs (12524 Views)

List Of 57 Lgs, Lcdas Sole Administrators Swore In By Governor Ambode / Ambode Sworn-in Sole Administrators for Lagos LGAs And Councils - See Photos / Ambode Appoints 57 Sole Administrators For LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by godwinkessi: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Why is it tht governors are making our LG chairmanship worthless?
Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by masseratti: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
seunmsg:

The national assembly can still amend the 1999 constitution to remove the overbearing control that the governors wield on the councils. They should just amend the section that allows the state governments to operate and receive local governments allocation through the state joint accounts and let local councils receive their allocation directly from the federation account into individual council accounts. The constitution should also be amended to allow INEC to conduct local governments election. The various SIEC's have failed in their duties of conducting regular election and that responsibilities should be given to INEC. And please, forget about state assemblies. They rejected an amendment to the constitution that would have given them financial independence, how then will they ever ensure the independence of local governments?
let me help you, i will take it from where You stopped, before you can charge the constitution, the same house of assembly members have to support it for it to be changed, if they dont want financial independence how do you think they will allow the change you are talking about, Nigeria is a federal state, federation consist of two elements not three, the federal and the state make up the federation, the local government is not a part of it, the part of the Nigerian constitution that recognizes the numbers of LGA is an anomaly, it shouldnt be there, its a fraud by the Northern dominated military to have more resources to the North than the southern part of Nigeria,
Solution make sure in the next election you vote for who you know not the party into the state government, right now i dont know the process of recall, Inec need to teach us and educate the citizens on how to recall a senator, rep, state of assembly members and council members, from the state level we can impact on our lives, influence decisions, a. Governor cannot dissolve or remove a local government chairman without the state assembly.
Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by Awesome01(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
seunmsg:

The national assembly can still amend the 1999 constitution to remove the overbearing control that the governors wield on the councils. They should just amend the section that allows the state governments to operate and receive local governments allocation through the state joint accounts and let local councils receive their allocation directly from the federation account into individual council accounts. The constitution should also be amended to allow INEC to conduct local governments election. The various SIEC's have failed in their duties of conducting regular election and that responsibilities should be given to INEC. And please, forget about state assemblies. They rejected an amendment to the constitution that would have given them financial independence, how then will they ever ensure the independence of local governments?
Nice input my guy. J've always said it that the constitution by which this country is governed is the biggest corruption. The constitution gives lee ways to all sorts of illegalities and corrupt practices
Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by DedeNkem: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
I thought local government office is an elective not an appointive one!
Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
gabazin080:
nothing to say on this. but God knows i dont like this man. he wants to turn lagos to london and make it affordable for only the rich. i use to vex wen i remember how this man made many homeless and destroyed many igbo shops in ladipo and oshodi all in the name of turning lagos to a megacity
if london was like d wat ur Biafra compatriots turned oshodi to, would u b dying to go there?
Re: Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs by akigbemaru: 2:37am On Jun 14, 2016
Ambode

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pan-yoruba Urges Southwest Nigerian State Governors To Establish O’odua Airlines / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ / FG Begins The Repair Of Apapa-Ijora Bridge In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.