Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Do True Christians Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do True Christians Sin? (886 Views)

Do Christians Sin? / "Do Christians Sin?" / Do Born-again Christians Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do True Christians Sin? by huxley(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2009
Are true Christian capable of sinning? Please, answer biblically.

Amen and God bless you!
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by Recognise: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
Huxley:

. . .  Amen and God bless you!

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

. . .  Amen and God bless you!?

Am I imagining a stint of sarcasm there grin

Re: Do True Christians Sin? by SeanT21(f): 2:00am On Aug 29, 2009
YES!!!
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by macIB(m): 3:00am On Aug 29, 2009
of course they do sin or are they not human anymore?
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by Abuzola(m): 5:01am On Aug 29, 2009
So funny to see christian avoiding the question. I have my own reserve
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by etolaiya(f): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2009
@topic
a true christian will sin. cos he is running a race and hasn't finished his course yet. a righteous man falls seven times but will get back up. as one grows ur sins become less frequent and instead of focusing on the sins u focus on getting closer to God and the rest is history! also rmb that we shall not continue to sin that grace may abound o, !
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by noetic15(m): 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2009
Recognise:

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

. . .  Amen and God bless you!?

Am I imagining a stint of sarcasm there grin

grin grin
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by eddy1977(m): 4:19am On Dec 19, 2009
a christian who does not sin is either not a christian at all or he is laying calmly in his casket in the graveyard awaiting the return of christ.
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by Knight1(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2009
1 john 3:9a
Whoever is born of God doth not commit sin.

@poster
I'm assuming tis the above Scripture that provoked your question, well, as etolaiya said, a christian may sin since you are not human, but you will not commit to sin means you are not continually falling in the same circumstances all the time, as you Grow closer to God, there are things that naturally drop from you, e.g tendency to sin reduces and gradually u actually sin less cos all your actions begin to get guided by the Holy Spirit and even when u do sin, you are quick to recognise that and repent and seek forgiveness, thats why a person like King David can be referred to as the apple of God's eye.

So can a christian sin? Of course, since hez human
Does a christian commit sin? Nope!!!!!!!
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by Image123(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2009
A true christian can sin, but will not CANNOT sin.
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by clemiss(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
christians do sin but always ask god for forgivness.
Re: Do True Christians Sin? by manmustwac(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
sin or no sinhuman beings are not perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Scales Fence To Evade Arrest- Touch Not My Annointed! / Is Acquiring Knowledge Evil?! / Greed In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.