Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets (8403 Views)

What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2009
oladedegbu reserve that lecture yourself and your fellow false teachers who fleece innocent victims of their hard earned money.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 9:18am On Sep 25, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Daily Manna

The Damning Fate of False Prophets

TEXT: JEREMIAH 29:20-32

KEY VERSE:
"Send to all them of the captivity, saying, Thus saith the Lord concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite; Because that Shemaiah hath prophesied unto you, and I sent him not, and he caused you to trust in a lie: Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah . . . " (Jeremiah 29:31,32).

A local church pastor, afraid that his congregation was depleting recanted what he had said about proper Christian marriage when the elders of his church mostly polygamist threatened they would leave his church. He now told his congregation that heaven would not shut its doors against polygamist, thereby cancelling what he had earlier preached. Then when a journalist of an evening newspaper interviewed him the next day he muttered incoherently he did so to please the elders and stop them from leaving the church.

The above local pastor is in the mold of Shemaiah the false prophet in our text. The LORD had made a pronouncement concerning prophets who prophesied lies to the people, including Ahab and Zedekiah (those are different from the kings who bore the same names). Shemaiah in his unholy desire to please the people and gain vain popularity tried to discredit Jeremiah and branded him a false prophet. Already, the people did not like Jeremiah because he told them the better truth of God's word.

Christ warns every true believer of the existence of false prophets and teachers even in the household of truth. They are subtle and manipulative. Satan, their master, was the very first false prophet when he changed the truth of God's word into a lie and deceived Eve, "ye shall not surely die". Yield not to their persistent entreaties. False prophets suffer here and hereafter. "Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold , I will punish Shemaiah, the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people . . ." (verse 32). And he never lived to see the end of the captivity and the return of God's people to Jerusalem. Beware of false prophets.

All that glitters is not gold.

Such false prophets abounds here on Nairaland religion section.

I laugh in tongues, can you imagine a false prophet like Olaadegbu waring us against false prophets grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by MrCrackles(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2009
^ ^ ^ So Oladeegbu is a false prophet shocked shocked shocked shocked
Lord Hammercy! grin
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by petres007(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2009
KunleOshob:

I laugh in tongues, can you imagine a false prophet like Olaadegbu waring us against false prophets grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
chukwudi44:

oladedegbu reserve that lecture yourself and your fellow false teachers who fleece innocent victims of their hard earned money.

petres_007:

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

KunleOshob:

I laugh in tongues, can you imagine a false prophet like Olaadegbu waring us against false prophets grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OLAADEGBU:

Shemaiah in his unholy desire to please the people and gain vain popularity tried to discredit Jeremiah and branded him a false prophet.  Already, the people did not like Jeremiah because he told them the better truth of God's word.

Christ warns every true believer of the existence of false prophets and teachers even in the household of truth.  They are subtle and manipulative.  Satan, their master, was the very first false prophet when he changed the truth of God's word into a lie and deceived Eve, "ye shall not surely die".  Yield not to their persistent entreaties.  False prophets suffer here and hereafter.  "Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold , I will punish Shemaiah, the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people . . ." (verse 32).  And he never lived to see the end of the captivity and the return of God's people to Jerusalem.  Beware of false prophets.

All that glitters is not gold.

Such false prophets abounds here on Nairaland religion section.

Only if you guys can read the scriptures with the illumination of the Holy Spirit, you will realise that you are exposing yourselves as to who you really are.  Read the highlighted portions again maybe you will realise the saying that "as you point your accusing index fingers at others, the remaining fingers are pointing back at your sorry selves.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by mazaje(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
When will Christians ever agree on anything. . . why why why?Olaadegbu false prophet, KunleOshob false prophet. . .why the in house fighting and discord?. . .And yet all of you guys all claim to be guided by this mythical holy spirit. .
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Only if you guys can read the scriptures with the illumination of the Holy Spirit, you will realise that you are exposing yourselves as to who you really are.  Read the highlighted portions again maybe you will realise the saying that "as you point your accusing index fingers at others, the remaining fingers are pointing back at your sorry selves.

Pastor Olaadegbu, i have based all my submissions in this thread striclty on scripture and i have been able to establish from the scriptures that those who twist scxriptures for money [i.e tithes and other heretic teachings] are false prophets. Now if you fall in this category and your conscience is pricking you i guess it is better for you to do some soul searching and repent from your evil ways [love of tithes money is evil] It is no use trying to confuse issues here by quoting Jermiah here and trying to mis-apply it to the situation on ground. The evidence is glaring false prophets twist scriptures for the love of money and i can confidently say that you have several times twisted scripture on this forum to justify the criminal extortion of 10% of people's income [aka tithes] on this forum.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2009
chukwudi44:

Oladeegbu you are the biggest fool alive on nairaland.you are a bloody hypocrite ,liar I can't even find words to describe.

You and your lying pastors continue to fleece innocent vivtims of their hard earned money in the name of tithes .God wil surely reward you.

Now about the composition f the Bible let me ask you this
If you die and discover that catholics actually composed the bible and was actually the true church left by the Apostles will you still long to enter heaven

This kind of language shows the venom and spirit that is controlling you guys. Does anyone need to look any further for what the attributes of a false prophet are any longer? The Pharisees said similar things to Jesus because He told them the truth and this language of yours to me would only convince me that I must be saying the truth and that I am blessed because Jesus said that "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake, Rejoice, and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you" -- Matthew 5:10-12

You can now see why am rejoicing that you are confirming this saying of Jesus in my life which in turn makes me exceedingly glad. I would be disappointed if you had been praising me because that would show that I am compromising the truth. Jesus said "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets". So you can see, that is, if you believe that the words of Jesus Christ is anything to go by, that I do not expect any praises from you guys because one with God is a majority.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2009
KunleOshob:

Pastor Olaadegbu, i have based all my submissions in this thread striclty on scripture and i have been able to establish from the scriptures that those who twist scxriptures for money [i.e tithes and other heretic teachings] are false prophets. Now if you fall in this category and your conscience is pricking you i guess it is better for you to do some soul searching and repent from your evil ways [love of tithes money is evil] It is no use trying to confuse issues here by quoting Jermiah here and trying to mis-apply it to the situation on ground. The evidence is glaring false prophets twist scriptures for the love of money and i can confidently say that you have several times twisted scripture on this forum to justify the criminal extortion of 10% of people's income [aka tithes] on this forum.

You are putting the cart before the horse. Jesus said "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness". Learn what it means to be born again before you begin to consider the mote in your brother's eye. If your adulators really love you they should have taught you what it means to have a living relationship with the Lord, and that is if they themselves are not blind leaders of the blind.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Olaadegbu
Can you tell us what the bible means by to be "born again" This should be easy to answer since you assume you are born again
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Olaadegbu
Can you tell us what the bible means by to be "born again" This should be easy to answer since you assume you are born again

Why don't you ask your pastor, petres_007, who has been shinning his teeth in support of your comments.  Do you remember my explanation in the thread below?  You have to by pass your intellectual arguments if you want this experience of grace, which is by faith alone.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. 

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=143706.0
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by petres007(m): 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you ask your pastor, petres_007, who has been shinning his teeth in support of your comments.  Do you remember my explanation in the thread below?  You have to by pass your intellectual arguments if you want this experience of grace, which by faith alone.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. 

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=143706.0

Good sir (@OLAADEGBU),

I take it that you're joking about me being his pastor  grin

Seriously, I haven't said much (except "shining my teeth" like you said) in this thread. At least 99% of what you've done is do what most of the current crop of clergymen we have today are extremely good at - "not rightly handling the word of truth".

KunleOshob, Chukwudi44 and ttalks and others have done a a pretty good job trying to explaining scriptures to you but,  you seem to have your mind made up already about the issues being discussed and would rather impose your own preconceived meanings into the scriptures rather than look at the scriptures objectively,  you know,  letting scripture interpret scripture.

And em,  pls, don't allow my grinning shinning my teeth disturb you. Other folks are already doing an excellent job in the discourse. I'd rather read. 

Cheers! wink
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2009
petres_007:

Good sir (@OLAADEGBU),

I take it that you're joking about me being his pastor  grin

Seriously, I haven't said much (except "shining my teeth" like you said) in this thread. At least 99% of what you've done is do what most of the current crop of clergymen we have today are extremely good at - "not rightly handling the word of truth".

KunleOshob, Chukwudi44 and ttalks and others have done a a pretty good job trying to explaining scriptures to you but,  you seem to have your mind made up already about the issues being discussed and would rather impose your own preconceived meanings into the scriptures rather than look at the scriptures objectively,  you know,  letting scripture interpret scripture.

And em,  pls, don't allow my grinning shinning my teeth disturb you. Other folks are already doing an excellent job in the discourse. I'd rather read. 

Cheers! wink

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for you to come out clean as to your mission here on nairaland.  The thread below shows you up to be "birds of the same feather" with them.  If you have any light in you you will at least tell them the truth as regarding their eternal destiny, such as teaching them the glorious gospel of love even if it causes frowns, and not just campaigning for members for your church.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-282213.64.html
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by petres007(m): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for you to come out clean as to your mission here on nairaland.  The thread below shows you up to be "birds of the same feather" with them.  If you have any light in you you will at least tell them the truth as regarding their eternal destiny, such as teaching them the glorious gospel of love even if it causes frowns, and not just campaigning for members for your church.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-282213.64.html

@OLAADEGBU,

I'm not surprised at your comments about me sha. If you could show the kind of disregard for properly interpreting God's word like you've done (especially in tithing related threads), I'm not at all surprised how you could come up with so much untruth about me and worse still, be so confident about it.

1. Again I stress, I'm not anybody's pastor - of course, that includes KunleOshob and anybody else you may have in mind. I'm not even an usher in my church. Abeg, no koba me o!  grin

2. About my "mission here on Nairaland", I have no idea what you're talking about! I mean, am I supposed to have a mission or what? If you're referring to my coming here to "campaign for members for my church", you're seriously mistaken.  grin

I only gave out an invitaion once and you call that campaigning for members for my church? I have a lot to say about this but I'll just let it drop so I don't come off as "anti-evangelstic". grin If only you knew, grin

3. You mentioned me telling them the truth about "their eternal destiny". From what I've observed (and this is my opinion) it's you dear sir, who's "eternal destiny" is in question, in the light of the scriptures. To be honest with you.

Not once in the scriptures is it said that a Christian who falls to fornication or even kills someone risks losing his/her salvation. Its true we've been called to a life a holiness, by default, but the scriptures clearly show us that we're not going to be perfect till the Lord returns & completes what he started (in terms of sin). Now that of course, doesn't mean a christian can go on sinning as he likes,  but that's talk for another day.

We're clearly warned however, that if we take up anything from the law of Moses, which Jesus fulfilled and then abolished, we risk falling from the grace of God in Christ, which is the only way anyone can be put right with God now. So in light of this, I don't think KunleOshob, ttalks and the others who've been discussing these issues with you are the ones who need to check where they're standing - you arewink

To the best of my knowledge, they've properly handled the scriptures - whether under the tithing or false prophet threads, unlike you who seem to have your mind made up already about these things and so even twist the scriptures to suit your interpretation.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on the last day - you seem to me like you're so close yet so, so far away from the truth.

I ask that you please set aside your preconceived notions & study your bible objectively.

Cheers!
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
@oladegbu

u did not answer my question let repet it again

If you die and discover that catholics actually composed the bible and was actually the true church left by the Apostles will you still long to enter heaven.

Mind you the holy spirit is our witness ,the answer you give here will testify for or against you on the last day.

If you are so sure that NO is the answer just say so
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2009
petres_007:

@OLAADEGBU,

I'm not surprised at your comments about me sha. If you could show the kind of disregard for properly interpreting God's word like you've done (especially in tithing related threads), I'm not at all surprised how you could come up with so much untruth about me and worse still, be so confident about it.

1. Again I stress, I'm not anybody's pastor - of course, that includes KunleOshob and anybody else you may have in mind. I'm not even an usher in my church. Abeg, no koba me o! grin

2. About my "mission here on Nairaland", I have no idea what you're talking about! I mean, am I supposed to have a mission or what? If you're referring to my coming here to "campaign for members for my church", you're seriously mistaken. grin

I only gave out an invitaion once and you call that campaigning for members for my church? I have a lot to say about this but I'll just let it drop so I don't come off as "anti-evangelstic". grin If only you knew, grin

3. You mentioned me telling them the truth about "their eternal destiny". From what I've observed (and this is my opinion) it's you dear sir, who's "eternal destiny" is in question, in the light of the scriptures. To be honest with you.

Not once in the scriptures is it said that a Christian who falls to fornication or even kills someone risks losing his/her salvation. Its true we've been called to a life a holiness, by default, but the scriptures clearly show us that we're not going to be perfect till the Lord returns & completes what he started (in terms of sin). Now that of course, doesn't mean a christian can go on sinning as he likes, but that's talk for another day.

We're clearly warned however, that if we take up anything from the law of Moses, which Jesus fulfilled and then abolished, we risk falling from the grace of God in Christ, which is the only way anyone can be put right with God now. So in light of this, I don't think KunleOshob, ttalks and the others who've been discussing these issues with you are the ones who need to check where they're standing - you are! wink

To the best of my knowledge, they've properly handled the scriptures - whether under the tithing or false prophet threads, unlike you who seem to have your mind made up already about these things and so even twist the scriptures to suit your interpretation.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on the last day - you seem to me like you're so close yet so, so far away from the truth.

I ask that you please set aside your preconceived notions & study your bible objectively.

Cheers!

Like I said, "Birds of the same feather flock together."
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
@olaadegbu
You mean true spirit led christians flock 2gether.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
chukwudi44:

@oladegbu

u did not answer my question let repet it again

If you die and discover that catholics actually composed the bible and was actually the true church left by the Apostles will you still long to enter heaven.

Mind you the holy spirit is our witness ,the answer you give here will testify for or against you on the last day.

If you are so sure that NO is the answer just say so

I will have nothing to lose if I discover that the RCC composed the Bible (which I know they did not), but you will have everything to lose if you discovered that there is:

[list]
[li]No RCC in heaven[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]that they (RCC) did not compose the Bible[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]No purgatory nor the possibility of anyone praying you out of hell.[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]No amount of "good works" that can save you[/li]
[/list].

It will be heartbreaking that you have been deceived by "the queen of heaven" with lies from the pit of hell and your adulators that are supporting you with their heresies would not be able to help you.  You will also discover that your works will not be able to bail you out no matter how many they are.  This is why I am bringing to your attention the fact that it is only by faith in the blood of Jesus alone that can save your soul on the last day.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

@olaadegbu
You mean true spirit led christians flock 2gether.

There is a difference between "spirit led christians" and Spirit led christians.  The Bible says "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." -- Romans 8:14.  Can you spot the difference?  Again the Bible says "Beloved, believe not every spirit but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." -- 1 John 4:1
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
Son of God/Son of Man

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew 8:20)

It is significant that although Christ clearly taught that He was the unique Son of God, He most frequently referred to Himself as Son of man, earnestly desiring that people understand His true and representative humanity.

The very first use of the phrase is in Psalm 8:4: "What is . . . the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Although David may have been thinking of all "sons of Adam" in general, the writer of Hebrews applied the passage specifically to Christ (Hebrews 2:6), "that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9). In order to save lost men, God in Christ had to become man through supernatural incarnation. Then, as perfect, sinless man, He could represent us before God, finally tasting death for every man.

The vital importance of the incarnation is affirmed by John: "Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God" (1 John 4:2-3). It is noteworthy that Satan and his evil spirits would recognise Christ as the Son of God (Matthew 4:3; 8:28-29), but never as the Son of man! This reluctance seems also to characterise all the occultic philosophies of the so-called "New Age" movement, as well as all ancient and modern pantheistic religions. They speak glibly of "the Christ" as a spirit which might come on many, but bitterly refuse to acknowledge that the man Jesus was actually the Son of man, God incarnate.

Finally, it is thrilling to realise that, although He only became the Son of man through His incarnation, He will always remain the Son of man! John saw Him in His glory--as we shall see Him in eternity--as "one like unto the Son of man" (Revelation 1:13; 14:14).  HMM
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
False Prophets And True

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many (Matthew 24:11).

In the apostolic period, two main gifts of the Spirit were those of the apostle and prophet. In fact, the church itself was built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets (Ephesians 2:20). One function of these men was to receive and transmit God’s revelation to His people—first verbally, then eventually written in permanent form in the New Testament. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit (Ephesians 3:5).

The Apostle Paul revealed also that such prophecies would cease once they were no longer needed. When that which is perfect [or ‘complete’] is come, then that which is in part shall be done away (I Corinthians 13:9,10). Clearly in the context, this refers to the complete revelation of God. When the last book of the Bible was transmitted to the church by the last living apostle, the Lord warned us neither to add unto nor to take away from the words of the book of this prophecy (Revelation 22:18,19).

But many false prophets have indeed gone out into the world (I John 4:1), just as Jesus warned, and they have deceived many.” One of them, a self-asserted seventh century prophet from Arabia, received certain revelations from a god that were vastly different from those of the God of the Bible, and his followers now number over a billion.

There have been others, before and since, and the Lord Jesus warned us always to beware of false prophets (Matthew 7:15). The basic criterion by which to test any alleged prophecy, ancient or modern, is whether or not it fully conforms to the written word of God, the Bible. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isaiah 8:20). HMM
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by petres007(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

False Prophets And True

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many (Matthew 24:11).

In the apostolic period, two main gifts of the Spirit were those of the apostle and prophet. In fact, the church itself was built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets (Ephesians 2:20). One function of these men was to receive and transmit God’s revelation to His people—first verbally, then eventually written in permanent form in the New Testament. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit (Ephesians 3:5).

The Apostle Paul revealed also that such prophecies would cease once they were no longer needed. When that which is perfect [or ‘complete’] is come, then that which is in part shall be done away (I Corinthians 13:9,10). Clearly in the context, this refers to the complete revelation of God. When the last book of the Bible was transmitted to the church by the last living apostle, the Lord warned us neither to add unto nor to take away from the words of the book of this prophecy (Revelation 22:18,19).

But many false prophets have indeed gone out into the world (I John 4:1), just as Jesus warned, and they have deceived many.” One of them, a self-asserted seventh century prophet from Arabia, received certain revelations from a god that were vastly different from those of the God of the Bible, and his followers now number over a billion.

There have been others, before and since, and the Lord Jesus warned us always to beware of false prophets (Matthew 7:15). The basic criterion by which to test any alleged prophecy, ancient or modern, is whether or not it fully conforms to the written word of God, the Bible. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isaiah 8:20). HMM

True words. . .

But you dey fine trouble oh. . . Me I no dey o. . . grin grin grin
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2009
petres_007:

True words. . .

But you dey fine trouble oh. . . Me I no dey o. . . grin grin grin

I no mention name o,    wink
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by mazaje(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I will have nothing to lose if I discover that the RCC composed the Bible (which I know they did not), but you will have everything to lose if you discovered that there is:

Was there a bible that contained 66 books in circulation(since you believe only in the 66 books of the protestants) before the council of Nicea? If the catholics were not the ones that selected the books that were canonized who did?
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by skfa1: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2009
May God help us
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
Doctrines Of Devils

"Now the spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils" (I Timothy 4:1).

In chapter one of his first epistle to Timothy, Paul warned about false teachers and heresies in the church of his day, evidently particularly implicating the agnostics and their false skepticism and low moral standards. In our text for today and throughout chapter four, he warns of false teachers "in the latter times," i.e., in our day and in our churches.

Paul had received an explicit (i.e., "express"wink teaching from the Holy Spirit.  There was nothing vague about it.  The false teachers would, among other things, be "forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats" (v.3), with other false teachings implied throughout the chapter.  What does this teach us about those who today forbid their leaders, both men and women, to marry? Or those who insist upon certain dietary regimes for spiritual reasons?

These "doctrines" will cause some to "depart from the faith." Evidently, some who consider themselves Christians yet have incomplete discernment, will fall into the trap of "seducing spirits," espousing the "doctrines of devils." The Greek word translated "depart" is apostesontai which means "to fall away" from an original position, in this case, "the faith." The teachers will typically be hypocrites, "speaking lies," having "their conscience seared" (v.2).  "If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:9).

In this time of great apostasy, we desperately need to know the Biblical doctrine concerning devils (or Satan and his demonic henchmen), for their influence has nearly captured American education and culture.  But we must be on guard against, and teach others to be on guard against, "doctrines of devils." JDM
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2009

No RCC in heaven not to talk of them

that they (RCC) did not compose the Bible

No purgatory nor the possibility of anyone praying you out of hell.

amount of "good works" that can save you

It will be heartbreaking that you have been deceived by "the queen of heaven" with lies from the pit of hell and your adulators that are supporting you with their heresies would not be able to help you. You will also discover that your works will not be able to bail you out no matter how many they are. This is why I am bringing to your attention the fact that it is only by faith in the blood of Jesus alone that can save your soul on the last day

OLADEEGBU I SAID EITHER YES OR NO,IF YOU ARE SO SURE OF NO IN MY QUESTION WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY SO.i WILL REPEAT THAT QUESTION AGAIN

If you die and discover that catholics actually composed the bible and was actually the true church left by the Apostles will you still long to enter heaven

GOD will be our witness,if you are so sure that NO is the answer as you so profess why don't you say so.

I will have nothing to lose if I discover that the RCC composed the Bible (which I know they did not), but you will have everything to lose if you discovered that there
is:

AM SORRY TO DISPOINT YOU IF YES HAPPENS TO BE THE ANSWER (AS AM SURE IT IS),YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF INSULTING THE MOTHER OF GOD BY CALING HER A DEMON AS YOU HAVE FREQUENTLY DONE.

YOU WILL ALSO BE GUILTY OF INSULTING COUNTLESS SAINTS AND OF TRYING TO RUN DOWN THE CHURCH THE APOSTLES FOUNDED.

ABOVE ALL YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF WEAKENING THE FAITH OF COUNTLESS CHRISTIANS AS YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DOING ,BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by mybeloveth: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
smiley
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by petres007(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2009
chukwudi44:

OLADEEGBU I SAID EITHER YES OR NO,IF YOU ARE SO SURE OF NO IN MY QUESTION WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY SO.i WILL REPEAT THAT QUESTION AGAIN

If you die and discover that catholics actually [color=#990000]composed the bible
and was actually the true church left by the Apostles will you still long to enter heaven[/color]

GOD will be our witness,if you are so sure that NO is the answer as you so profess why don't you say so.
is:

AM SORRY TO DISPOINT YOU IF YES HAPPENS TO BE THE ANSWER (AS AM SURE IT IS),YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF INSULTING THE MOTHER OF GOD BY CALING HER A DEMON AS YOU HAVE FREQUENTLY DONE.

YOU WILL ALSO BE GUILTY OF[b] INSULTING COUNTLESS SAINTS[/b] AND OF TRYING TO RUN DOWN[b] THE CHURCH THE APOSTLES FOUNDED.[/b]

ABOVE ALL YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF WEAKENING THE FAITH OF COUNTLESS CHRISTIANS AS YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DOING ,BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@Chukwudi44,

I'm appalled at your post! Though a lot of things now make sense sha. Didn't know you're catholic o! cheesy

That aside, I know your post is directed at OLAADEGBU but I'll just quickly respond to some of the issues I found to be gross untruths in your posts.

1. The Catholics did not compose the bible.

2. The RCC is not, at least as we know it and like its been for most of its history, the church left by the apostles. For starters, the apostles did not build or leave an organization. wink

3. I'm sure its Mary, Jesus' earthly mother that you're referring to as "MOTHER OF GOD". shocked shocked shocked

This, in the simplest terms possible, is pure falsehood! Its 101% unbiblical and unchristian, even though its a catholic belief. Be rest assured its not Christian, and not true.

4. Which "saints" are you referring to? If you were referring to dead catholic "saints". . . . those guys are not even saved (and even fall under the category of false prophets), so they can't be saved by biblical/christian standards. But by RCC standards. . . . maybe undecided
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Abuzola(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
Quran 004.125 Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend.

004.126 But to God belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And He it is that Encompasseth all things
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Abuzola(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
Quran 004.150 Those who deny God and His Messengers, and (those who) wish to separate God from His Messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-

004.151 They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.

004.152 To those who believe in God and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of the Messengers, we shall soon give their (due) rewards: for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Re: How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
. The Catholics did not compose the bible.

DO YOU MIND TELLING ME WHO DID ?

The RCC is not, at least as we know it and like its been for most of its history, the church left by the apostles. For starters, the apostles did not build or leave an organization

THIS IS A FALLACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER,

IF THE APOSTLES DID NOT LEAVE ANY ORGANISATION TO WHICH ORGANISATIONS WAS PAUL AND OTHER APOSTLES WRITING TO IN ROME,CORINTH,EPHESUS,THESOLONICA,GALATIA E.TC

YOU MUST BE VERY FUNNY,YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE APOSTLES LEFT NO CHURCHES, WHO ON EARTH DO YOU THINK FOUNDED THE CAHOLIC CHURCH AND WHEN?,YOU PROTESTANTS ARE REALLY FUNNY,DO YOU THINK THAT THE RCC JUST FELL DOWN FROM SPACE ?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE APOSTOLIC CHURCHES FOUNDED IN ISREAL,EGYPT,ITALY,SPAIN,SYRIA,TURKEY,GRECE E.T.C

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT NONE OF THESE CHURCHES SURVIVED ? YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO BELEIVE THAT ?

3. I'm sure its Mary, Jesus' earthly mother that you're referring to as "MOTHER OF GOD".    

This, in the simplest terms possible, is pure falsehood! Its 101% unbiblical and unchristian, even though its a catholic belief. Be rest assured its not Christian, and not true

IF JESUS IS GOD ,CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW IS MOTHER IS NOT THE MOTHER OF GOD.

IF FASHOLA IS A GOVERNOR,HOW CAN HIS MOTHER NOT BE THE MOTHER OF A GOVERNOR,U PROTESTANTS ARE FIGHTING UR OWN BELEIF EXCEPT U A  JW ,WHO DOES NOT BELEIVE IN THE DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY.

4. Which "saints" are you referring to? If you were referring to dead catholic "saints". . . . those guys are not even saved (and even fall under the category of false prophets), so they can't be saved by biblical/christian standards. But by RCC standards. . . . maybe  

SORRY TO DISAPOINT YOU THESE GUYS ARE NOT DEAD AS JESUS RIGHTLY TOLD THE PHARISEES,GOD IS A GOD OF THE LIVING (BY REFERRING TO ABRAHAM,ISAAC AND JACOB AS LIVING BEINGS EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE SUFFERED PHYSICAL DEATH)

THESE SO CALLED FALSE PROPHETS WERE THEY ONES WHO PRESERVED THE CHRISTIAN FAITH HAT YOU PROFES TODAY,THEY GAVE THEIR LIFE FOR THE FAITH,GREAT SAINTS LIKE IGNATIUS OF ANTIOC,POLYCARP OF SMYRNA ,CLEMENT OF ROME GAVE THEIR LIFE FOR CHRISTIANITY.

OTHER GRAE SAINTS LIKE ST AUGUSTINE,JEROME PLAYEED KEY ROLE IN THE COMPOSITION OF THE BIBLE(MIND YOU THE BIBLE DID NOT EXIST UNTIL THE FOURTH CENTURY)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Christianity has Contributed much positively To Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.