Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead (55730 Views)

Mabel Babatunde-Okungbowa: Donating My Kidney To OJB Jezreel, No Regrets / 5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB Jezreel / Kemi Olunloyo's Tribute To OJB Jezreel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by blaze2cool(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Reports reaching NAIJ.com have it that top Nigerian producer, Babatunde Okungbowa aka OJB Jezreel, is dead.

He was said to have died early this morning, June 14, in an undisclosed Lagos hospital. The news of his demise is coming just one month to his 50th birthday as a family source claims that his kidney transplant failed completely since last week. Recall that the producer was down with kidney related disease, and was consequently flown to India for a transplant in 2013. On October 21, same year, the singer successfully underwent the surgery at the Indian hospital. After the successful surgery, the producer came out to thank all his well-wishers, especially his first wife Mabel Okungbowa, popularly called Mama J, who accompanied him on the trip and donated her kidney to him. However, in 2015, the veteran Nigerian musician and producer was reported to have suffered a setback in his recovery from the kidney transplant; but he came forward to deny such reports. He sent out a broadcast message and said:

”Hi my name is Babatunde okungbowa a.k.a OJB Jezreel. I’d like to set the record straight, am at home and healthy with my family going about my normal business. Obviously bloggers don’t research before they post. If they did they would know that a transplant patient will always do routine checkups cus of infections etc. Mmmm nuff said am sure hiptv, orisun tv,encomium,el tv and black jerzie seeing and speaking with me in the past 2 weeks. Wasn’t on a hospital bed or in one! Research proper if it’s gossip worthy or not.”

Reports this morning indicate that the talented musician passed on Tuesday, June 14.

OJB Jezreel is survived by 3 wives, June ‘Ama’, Korede and Mabel and many children. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/859578-breaking-ojb-jezreel-dead.html?source=breaking

4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by nellaluv(f): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2016
R.I.P

You will be missed.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by freshness2020: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
The month of June!
Sun re oo o. cry cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by bonechamberlain(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Shit, why .

No good news anymore in this country, Nigeria currently is under a plague caused by us.

Rip ojb

3 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by AntiWailer: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP OJB

Very Sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Twizzy30(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2016
L

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Can't believe dis

6 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by omanifrank(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2016
na wa oh
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by AdultMaleNegro(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2016
At this juncture, every church n mosque needs to intensify preaching about death. Its getting more scary here. #RIP #OJB

29 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2016
"look not towards death and weep, O human! Rather, look towards death and see liberation, a necessary escape route from this mistake called existence"

Duru.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Jaycool18(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2016
Mehn... This June is something else
Abeg do pass

27 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Beremx(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2016
This life sha...
RIP to him

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by tyson99(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2016
This is serious
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by nairagossip: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2016
Its really Sad!
Read more exclusive detail about his death here: http://www.042express.com/2016/06/popular-music-producer-ojb-jezreel-is-dead.html
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Martins4us(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2016
He fought to have have his life back and yet still lose it. #Godblessthosethatcontributed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by 007Gbenga: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP

Always liked you since that track, "Jah is my Lite"

God bless you. We will all go someday !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS9LmUkMzp4

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Saintbonnie(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2016
He eventually lost the battle. RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Kingsasian(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Just like that
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by seyema(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Shocking!

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by dridowu: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by henrydadon(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2016
eh jesus..which kin month of june be this..keshi, amodu..that we are still recovering from.. now this angry sad ..chai...may his soul rest in peace

infact i see why people keep leaving this country every day..it a death trap.Nigerians we need to intensify our prayers n God will see us through. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Sijo01(f): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
Another death! Lord have mercy on Nigeria/Nigerians.

RIP OJB
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by oviejnr(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP OJB
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by winkmart: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
At last.. too bad
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by tolexy007(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
i dont know y all this our bad politicians no dey die, angry angry angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
cry cry cry

When I saw this, my heart just skipped. I just opened my mouth and couldn't say nada.

Nomoreloss ...OJB lipsrsealed

The world is defo coming to an end.

Embrace Jesus now before you find out what waits for you at the other end.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by rawtouch: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP OJB
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by saaedlee: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
RIP
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by brixton: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
Rest in peace bro!

The month of June is a killer month.
Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Venzal: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
On a certain cold starless night, I was in the sitting room preparing for my exams as a secondary school student. Everyone in my household had gone to bed, I alone was awake. While trying to comprehend and cram some stubborn topics and terms, a very cool serenading music filtered into my ears. It was emanating from the gigantic speakers owned by a bar not far from our house.

The music took my mind far away...

All I heard was "I am the one who's searching" It was a brand new music. I couldn't figure out who the artist was (it wasn't until later I got all the details of the song).

Long story short, that song went on to become one of my best ever songs by a Nigerian musician.

It was only yester9t I downloaded the remix he did with Iceprince. And now you telling me this man is gone? sad

What is life? Really, what is life? I can't imagine. RIP OJB, I pray your struggles were not in vain.
shocked cry

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead by Oildichotomy(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
[size=20pt]Pray for the Month of June!

It is not funny already!
[/size]

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Hug In Romantic Photos / Pictures From Adams Oshiomole's Wedding To His Ethiopian Bride / Biyi Nifemi Tudors' Girlfriend Bena Abused Him, Destroyed His Items (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.