Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) (37035 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Inaugurates Azikel Refinery In Bayelsa State / Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) / Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Jacko01: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
agabusta:

Keep quiet Oga. Must everything be Yoruba vs Igbo? Someone made a petty myopic comment, the next thing is for you to be introducing a tribal dimension into it. Cant you constructively criticize him the way the other person has been doing?

You sef keep quieter
Every damn thing on this tribal land is yoruba vs Ibo
Pikin wey talk say him mama no go sleep him sef no go sleep
You knw who ur mama our pikin dem lubbish

Mods no ban me oh.... Iv not yet serve ma oda ban finish
I dont knw wat you ppl hav against me
No ban person oh.... If u ban me walai i will carry tribal land go lagos high court
Cos yorubas wey don commit pass me are roaming free on tribal land lubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
donbenedict:
And u think 95 percent of the staff they will employ will b nigerians?

Of course. More than 95% will be Nigerians. Do u know the thousands that work in a refinery? Do u think it's easy to get expatriate staff? Do u think of the numerous sub companies and contracting firms will fall out of this?
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by ascendo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Finally, first in the east.
do your research well: orient Petroleum has a Refinery in Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by DIFY20(f): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
CXLVII:
Cant they come to the economic hub of Nigeria-Lagos to build the refinery?

Why take such investment to a suburb when there re better environment where you can maximize your business potentials

Still having a strong feeling they would change there mind.

Cattle husbandry or garden-egg farming is better-off in that State.
abeg were are pain department.... their is an emergency here oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by bjsteve: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
big scam.... duelling in illusion.... nobody can develop this nation for us except ourselves... hardwork is the key...
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by osusuallstars: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
GOOD ONE ABIA. AT LEAST EMPLOYMENT FOR 500 YOUTHS
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Efe3: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
donbenedict:
yes dey shouldn't! Of what benefit to the Nigerian people will the refinery be if they build it and only employed expatriates? Den maybe 5percent of the remaining staff will be nigerians who will be employed in the junior cadre

blah blah blah!
buying their products will still eliminate shipping cost and provide indirect employment to the populace.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by freshdude99(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
agabusta:

Keep quiet Oga. Must everything be Yoruba vs Igbo? Someone made a petty myopic comment, the next thing is for you to be introducing a tribal dimension into it. Cant you constructively criticize him the way the other person has been doing?
Bro its a waste of time to constructively criticise those sophistication people because their greed and wickedness is next to nothing.
How can such a foolish statement come from them all the time. Had it been the projects are to be located in Lagos just like that of dangote, then there won't be problem ryt...
Nairaland has made me hate those people so much because they don't like us either yet they pretend all the time.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by kettykin: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
The refinery in Abia is about40% of the refinery that dangote is promoting in Lagos which would employ 2500, Abia refinery will likely employ about 1000 produce raw petrochemicals for plastic companies in Aba and Eastern states.

The refinery will complement the independent power in Aba and the ripple effect on the economy will be very large.

Abia will definitely attract bigger investments which would reverse the ugly trend of igbo migration to Abuja and Lagos and promote the eastern economy .

Aba now has the biggest malting plant in Africa. The largest shopping mall in Africa, the biggest industrial cluster in Africa, the largest shoe cluster in Africa, a power plant, a refinery, a glass plant, a large business community. And a Steel plant.
Abia and Anambra might experience an industrial revolution if this trend continues for the next 5 years.
This is why I asked ipob to be patient.

I just remembered there is an Abia port and Abia airport being muted.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by DjAndroid: 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Daplux4:

Jealousy because they are not building it in lagos

Agu! Munwa bukwa nwa Biafra ooo.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
donbenedict:
And u think 95 percent of the staff they will employ will b nigerians?
who cares, let the govt build one nd employ Nigerians abi y u guys hating on this plan aiidy
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by thedio(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=Daplux4 post=46573267]

Jealousy because they are not building it in lagos[/quote
dangote is building africa largest single refinary in lagos which wil b completed by early 2018.that single line wil refine 650,000 barrel of crude oil per day so there is nothing 2 jealous about 250000 barel refinary that has neva get head
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by bonechamberlain(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
ascendo:
do your research well: orient Petroleum has a Refinery in Anambra State
yah I have been corrected.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by thedio(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
DIFY20:

abeg were are pain department.... their is an emergency here oooo
the largest refinery in naija is situated in lagos
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by MXrep: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
thedio:

the largest refinery in naija is situated in lagos
Nomansland you mean
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by aresa: 9:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
360metrosports:
The Hyundai Group held a meeting with the Abia state government with the intention to begin the construction of a 250,000 BPD Refinery at Owaza in Ukwa, Abia State.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-hyundai-to-build-refinery-in-abia.html

Stolen internet Hyundai corporate pictures and some chinko looking people automatically means Hyundai is building refinery in some village?

lmao..funny people with their 419 gist...
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by inlandtaipan: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
aresa:

Stolen internet Hyundai corporate pictures and some chinko looking people automatically means Hyundai is building refinery in some village?

lmao..funny people with their 419 gist...
nawa ooo, take it easy on yourself and take your antihypertensive pills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by pinklingerie: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
donbenedict:
yes dey shouldn't! Of what benefit to the Nigerian people will the refinery be if they build it and only employed expatriates? Den maybe 5percent of the remaining staff will be nigerians who will be employed in the junior cadred

This guy be fool oh... Someone is doing what your Government can NEVER do for you and you rather they don't because their people would form a larger percentage of the work force... Refining the fuel you'll use... mshewwww....
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by lonelydora: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
DjAndroid:

Next month toyota and honda go start their own refinery for Owerri while Nissan and volkwagen will be warming up for Enugu.

You are wallowing in ignorance. I am 100% sure you think Hyundai only produce cars. They have engineering company too brother.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by DrinkWater10: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ariani:
Owaza is in Asa clan of the great Igbo race, in Ukwa West LGA of Abia state. The area is peaceful, and far removed from the militancy of Ijoid areas of Rivers and chaos of cultism ravaging the Igboid areas of Rivers state, I believe that's part of the thing that attracted the company to the area, not to mention the fact that it's rich in hydrocarbon deposits.

Not removing Ukwa East and West Area from the old Imo state and lumping them into old Rivers state, was the greatest mistake of the Enemies of Ndiigbo as represented by Gowon,Obj and those that Balkanized Igboland right after the war.

Ndoki and Asa clans are the SE trump cards, with them we will achieve alot, those two clans remain of extreme strategic importance to the future of Ndiigbo and SE in particular.

Nice development. Ndi Asa, nma nma nuo!
Please expatiate more on your penultimate paragraph.
Apart from the potentials of building a seaport in Ukwa what are the other potential benefits of the Ndoki and Asa clans to the SE
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Flashh:
Hyundai is not from China, but Korea.

I was jokingly referring to Abia state being the China of Nigeria.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Flashh: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
StainlessH:

I was jokingly referring to Abia state being the China of Nigeria.
But these are Koreans trying to build refinery in Abia.

Well, if you say so.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by DjAndroid: 5:23am On Jun 15, 2016
lonelydora:

You are wallowing in ignorance. I am 100% sure you think Hyundai only produce cars. They have engineering company too brother.
mr. Know all. Your are the ignoramus here. Your empty head did not allow you feel my sarcasm. I too know. Gerrarahere.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by lonelydora: 5:39am On Jun 15, 2016
DjAndroid:
mr. Know all. Your are the ignoramus here. Your empty head did not allow you feel my sarcasm. I too know. Gerrarahere.

No vex brodaaa. But it shouldn't warrant the name calling.
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by santopelele(m): 7:00am On Jun 15, 2016
good development, investing in biafran land, the land of milk and Honey
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 7:04am On Jun 15, 2016
At least south east can boast of two private refineries
Oriental
Hyundai

That's the power of private sector driven economics which igbo has spearheaded

We don't wait for government
Proudly 5%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 8:16am On Jun 15, 2016
thedio:
guy una too worry o, they said 250,000 bpd refinery in Abia state, you begin talk say in no get head say na dangote own get head. How E no get head them come governor office to show interest, abi no be so dangote begin in own? How we go carry know say dangote own get head pass this one considering that hyundia is a more strong company than dangote?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by utytill(m): 8:28am On Jun 15, 2016
Hyundai not Honda?
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by tritt(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2016
bigtt76:
The one Daewoo build for Port Harcourt we never fit revive them na Hyundai wan build anoda so ...issssorite!

Can you tell us the refinery Daewoo built in Port Harcourt? Please do not go around spreading false news all in the name of commenting on Nairaland. Daewoo has never built any refinery in Nigeria not to talk of Port Harcourt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by NinaArsenal(f): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2016
tobe4real:
what part?
Umuahia Ikwuano
Re: Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) by tobe4real(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
NinaArsenal:
Umuahia Ikwuano
cool,do you reside there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor / Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.