Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,268 members, 7,839,348 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media (2546 Views)

President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / President Mugabe Blasts Zodwa Wabantu Who Doesn't Wear Panties To Shows / Again! President Mugabe Beaten Up By Violent Wife Grace In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by arterxerxes: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Here is a response from the Zimbabwean High Commission to the many quotes attributed to President Robert Mugabe making rounds on social media.

Dean of the Zimbabwean diplomatic corps in Ghana, Pavelyn Tendai Musaka has been speaking to NewsDesk's Kwabena Kyenkyenhene Boateng.

President Robert Mugabe does not care about funny quotes falsely attributed him, the Zimbabwean High Commissioner to Ghana has revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pT1nsTCzJ0

Pavelyn Tenclai Musaka says his boss is thinking about important things and not what “little boys and girls” decide to do with his name.
“When I see and hear those quotes, I say to myself let’s not go to those levels. And I urge Ghanaian and African leaders to start respecting their own heads of states,” said Mrs Musaka.
Social media is awash with fake quotes attributed to the outspoken Zimbabwean leader.
Posts such as ’The only warning the African takes seriously is low battery’ – Mugabe (1 minute ago); ‘Circle de33 even if three people urinate at the same time, the place will be flooded’ (Robert Mugabe), are common on social media sites like WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter.
It is not clear when and how the trend started, however, the 94-year-old leader of Zimbabwe is known for his glib and strong anti-Western, anti-homosexuality comments.
Some of the things he has actually said include,"If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first".
He made the comment in reaction to Western pressure to recognise gay rights in the country.
To mock critics who say his 34-year rule over Zimbabwe, Mr Mugabe said "I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for."
Mrs Musaka says her boss is a statesman and has never expressed worry.
“Because he is a statesman, statesmen don’t react to little boys and girls. He is not bothered by them. He is above that. He is fighting giants like Tony Blair and the rest, so he is not concerned at all,” she said.

Some of the quotes are:
1. If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.

2. The only white man you can trust is a dead white man.

3. What is the problem? We now have aeroplanes which can take them back quicker than the ships used by their ancestors

4. Mr Bush, Mr. Blair and now Mr Brown's sense of human rights precludes our people's right to their God-given resources, which in their view must be controlled by their kith and kin. I am termed dictator because I have rejected this supremacist view and frustrated the neo-colonialists.

5. If you take men and lock them in a house for five years and tell them to come up with two children and they fail to do that, then we will chop off their heads.

6. I have died many times. I have actually beaten Jesus Christ because he only died once.

7. Our votes must go together with our guns. After all, any vote we shall have, shall have been the product of the gun. The gun which produces the vote should remain its security officer - its guarantor. The people's votes and the people's guns are always inseparable twins.

8. I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for.

9. South Africans will kick down a statue of a dead white man but won’t even attempt to slap a live one. Yet they can stone to death a black man simply because he’s a foreigner

10. Dont fight even over girlfriends. The country is full of beautiful women. If you cant get one, come to Mugabe for assistance.

Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by youngest85(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
dats my man!

U shall nt die forever!
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by ybalogs(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
His real quotes are funny so why invent new ones. I love him for his quotes Sha.
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by arterxerxes: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
ybalogs:
His real quotes are funny so why invent new ones. I love him for his quotes Sha.

He says they were never from him
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by ybalogs(m): 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
arterxerxes:

He says they were never from him
You listed the real ones too.
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by DaBullIT(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
hehehehehehe

Mugabe Mugabe

Thorn in every white man's flesh
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by obinnafred(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Are u sure

1 Like

Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by Hustlerlomo(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
No 5 strong oo
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by Chanchit: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
I knew he couldn't have said all that quotes attributed to him.
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by Donniefred(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
grin
Re: President Mugabe Responds To Quotes Attributed To Him All Over The Social Media by eightsin(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
I knew some where made up

(1) (Reply)

Crowds Flock To Obama In NYC (video) / Here's The Test Trump Took, Can You Do Better? / Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.