Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington (49539 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by shakablaiize(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2016
What time is it??
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Harshirama(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2016
cool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Harshirama(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin
I will marry someone from ife

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi
will you marry me?

2 Likes

jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin I will marry someone from ife
Kabiyesi mi Olori mi Ife mi
will you marry me? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by loomer: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2016
This man don dey go take over USA like play like play

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by nkemjacob2(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2016
our culture need to go global and digital
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by economia: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2016
chainsaw11:
love this.
our Yoruba brothers making us proud.

Udo di.

hmm the first ibo man with different mind set
May God bless u, and your good heart

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by igwegeorgiano(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2016
Tolexander:
ya, He is already the king of the world

from Ife anthem....

1 Ilé-ifè ni orí’run ayé( Ile Ife is the source of the world)
Ìlú Oòduà baba Yorùbá
Èdùmàrè tó dá wa sí’fè
Kó máse ba ’fe jé mó wa l’órí
K’Olúwa kó maa ràn wá se.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo

2. Ilé-ifè b’ojúmó ti mó wá
Ìlú àsà on ìlú èsìn
Gbogbo Yorùbá e káre ’fè
Ká lo w’ohun àdáyébá t’ó jo’jú
Ilé Oòduà Ifè l’ó wà
Opá Òràn’yàn; Ilé-Ifè ni.
’ Boji Morèmi Ilé-Ifè ni
Ará, e káre ’fè Oòdáyé.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo
is you laptop manufactured in ife? the all the ami on the alphabet is amazing. how did u achieved that feat

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by abiambo(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Harshirama(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2016
kiss
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Rushtec(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2016
SMILE FOR ME
ONE DAY YORUBAS WILL BUY NIGERIA, COS THEY ARE RATIONAL

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2016
If I walk by and see any oba , I will bow and greet him because I know he's a royalty, in fact I respect Yoruba Obas like no tomorrow. But the American society mostly don't care about royalty in fact when you dress funny with a lot of people following you around, they mostly look at you funny,in fact their disregard for royalty started from their revolution against the British royal oppression.

So abeg stop making it look like they attached plenty importance to this oba. If he was in London yea I can understand, those people they carry king for head.

But in U.S. You be king of your kingdom o.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
is he vying for king of the world?
I wonder my brother. African Leaders both elected and monarchical like showbiz ehh.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2016
Harshirama:
will you marry me? grin
Where are you from? smiley
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by callJesu: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2016
Great works Ojaja II
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by driand(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2016
Psylas:
The law makers did not lie down and greet him?

what an insult
they're still trying to figure out a most appropriate style of lying down, that would be most befitting

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Harshirama(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
Where are you from? smiley
ife
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

I am from there, oya let us marry
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by alaskido(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Only God know how much dollars them go don spend for flight ticket, hotel accommodation, feeding etc. See crowd wey one man carry go abroad. Na a whole community. And man dey here for Lagos dey hungry. This life is not fair at all. God is watching.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by adefizzy(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

Well, I'm from ife... Lol. We can start from here. grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by peteromenihu(m): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2016
I have never seen the wife or olori smile nor laugh before. Hope she is comfortable.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Btruth: 11:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Splendid.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by kolaaderin: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2016
etebefia:
Good Development, the West recognizing Africans. But OP point of correction with the pictures.
Picture 1. Real
Picture 2. Real
Picture 3. Real
Picture 4. Na Lie
Picture 5. Real
Picture 6. Real
Picture 7. Real
Picture 8. Real
Picture 9. Real
Picture 10. Real
Picture 11. Na Lie

Compare the rug in the hall and make correction to ur list. It's all real

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by 2n2k(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
is you laptop manufactured in ife? the all the ami on the alphabet is amazing. how did u achieved that feat

You can download Yoruba keyboard

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2016
Harshirama:
ife
Really? Hmmm why don't I believe you? smiley

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by calcal: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2016
Igbos wake up! stop sleeping!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by 2n2k(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2016
kolaaderin:

I actually share the same opinion with him though we may be wrong.

All the pictures are from the US Capitol quite alright but those two pictures are not necessarily from the same occasion of the ooni's visit.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by syjaye(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2016
proudly Yoruba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Boss13: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
It's Yoruba time to arise and shine.

God bless Ooni who's making us proud.

We shall possess the gates...

Why? Because he went to a lawmaker chambers in the US. Blackman mentality.

I don't know what gate you thinking of possessing, but it is certainly not the gate of house of congress or whitehouse gate.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by idupaul: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2016
IPOB be like common this is photo shop na

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Psylas(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2016
kolaaderin:

Taah, that pic was not taken at that time of the visit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.