Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington (49531 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jordinsparkles(f): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
lecther:
Royalty is completely different than celebrity. Royalty has a magic all its own.
I can only thank the gods for making me a Yoruba.
you thank the gods abii you thank God
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by lecther: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
jordinsparkles:
you thank the gods abii you thank God
the gods,you should be able to understand since you stay under the sea
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by brosammy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
When you see people who are actually born to rule you will know them instantly, i have come across many yoruba monach but to be sincere this king is a blessing to Ife people and yoruba as a whole.this is a typical example of what responsible king should be doing,finding ways of improving the culture and the life his people.those kings that never contributed positively to the life of even their chief thalkless of the people who they are rulling, they will be the king and again the contractor, collecting money from govt for public projest without executing the project,converting some underage girls by force to be their wife should emulate this progressive and responsible attitude of the OONI,Long Life King

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by whoisuche: 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
shamecurls:
Yoruba leads and other follow...........

The King of Kings of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

......There is none like him

GOD ALMIGHTY IS THE KING OF kings so no other person take his place so read carefully what you type. No quarrel just correction my brother.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by brosammy(m): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
No doubt this king is born a leader, finding ways of improving the culture and the life his people.those kings that never contributed positively to the life of even their chief thalkless of the people who they are rulling, they will be the king and again the contractor, collecting money from govt for public projest without executing the project,converting some underage girls by force to be their wife should emulate this progressive and responsible attitude of the OONI,Long Life King
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by vRendoh(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin
This is what you get when you crown who good to crown cheesy I am not a Yoruba but i am proud of this King as a black man. I thank the Chiefs that are involved in the selection of this King. I hope they will do same job in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by obinoral1179(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
At this rate, Yoruba will soon be made the official language of Afro-Americans.

The culture and language is already well entrenched in South America and carribeans, the language is being taught in some Scandinavian schools already.

It is a subtle way of colonising the world. Keep the flag flying Kabiyesi.
and our culture is dying here especially lagos. We need to start making our language compulsory in all our schools and tertiary institution.

Omoluabi gidi ni mi

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by push23: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oba of ife represeing osun state in Philadelphia uh
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:
IS IT THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE,
WHO'S TIRED OF SEEING THIS OONI GUY AND HIS STORIES, OR WHAT? undecided

grin

NO worry, america go soon ban the guy..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by techJ: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
etebefia:
Good Development, the West recognizing Africans. But OP point of correction with the pictures.
Picture 1. Real
Picture 2. Real
Picture 3. Real
Picture 4. Na Lie
Picture 5. Real
Picture 6. Real
Picture 7. Real
Picture 8. Real
Picture 9. Real
Picture 10. Real
Picture 11. Na Lie

kolaaderin:

Compare the rug in the hall and make correction to ur list. It's all real

Please tell him to compare the cameraman (lady in red top and ash trousers) in picture 4 with same in picture 9 and then edit his list.

ALL THE PICTURES ARE REAL

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
[b][/b]
God, i can never thank you enough for creating me a Yoruba.
Proudly Oodua.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
[b][/b]
God, i can never thank you enough for creating me a Yoruba.
Proudly Oodua.
S
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin
I will marry someone from ife

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

I like you, for being not a hypocrite. Saying
It as it is. Its a pity am not from Ife, though Oodua.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by abdulr747(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
etebefia:
Good Development, the West recognizing Africans. But OP point of correction with the pictures.
Picture 1. Real
Picture 2. Real
Picture 3. Real
Picture 4. Na Lie
Picture 5. Real
Picture 6. Real
Picture 7. Real
Picture 8. Real
Picture 9. Real
Picture 10. Real
Picture 11. Na Lie
compare these two pictures and edit ur list.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by holytribe(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

How do I know if you really are from ife?
Am really from ile ife, modakeke to be precise. Have just sent u a pm
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by absoluteSuccess: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Boss13:

Why? Because he went to a lawmaker chambers in the US. Blackman mentality.

I don't know what gate you thinking of possessing, but it is certainly not the gate of house of congress or whitehouse gate.

indeed it please me to have black man mentality, are you coconut?

Well all we need traditional institutions for is what the man is presently doing,

The King of the people are meant to visit places and promote the goodwill of his country.

It may take another century to have another royal father with such bent of mind.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
holytribe:

oyo man claiming ife. lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by kolaaderin: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
2n2k:

I actually share the same opinion with him though we may be wrong.

All the pictures are from the US Capitol quite alright but those two pictures are not necessarily from the same occasion of the ooni's visit.

check the lady with camera in picture 4, she is also present in picture 9 wearing the same cloth. Hatred from that guy is second to non.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by push23: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
[size=28pt]He is in Philadelphia house of representative.. because the oba of ife is suppose to be a member of the upper house of Osun state, that is why they invited. Ile ife is not the cradle of the yoruba people.

But unfortunately we have illiterate politician.

And the person that introduce him should have said, he is representing Osun state. not the Yoruba people.

We have illiterate politician in nigeria, which refuse to allow the upper house of their state to sit. become of contract greed.

They make all the laws and award the contract to them self.

the illiterate politician will not allow the upper house to meet in their various state because they dont want the contract vented.

[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAqEAYzOpH8

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by czaratwork: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
endtime tins taking shape. the time he married dat woman despite all the stories around her. i knew that everything had been pre arranged. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Sprintson(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Another useless act.
Why would a King go to the states to be recognised except on invitation?
I see this as an act of Inferiority on his part.
Stay and advise our useless leaders you too started going their path...
How many kings or princes or dukes come from europe to our senate? Coz they don't have any bizness with Inferior people and don't need the cheap popularity..

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Sprintson(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
yommyuk:
I do not really read any meaning or significance into this visit.
Photographically, it looks great, but where are all the Afro- American leaders and elites?

He should also include in this visit the Hoods, where the real Negros live. Promote social and cultural awareness among them from the grassroots. Encourage the Negros to invest in Africa and visit their roots.

This one na show off and just a Holiday trip from Naija stress. Na Shakara

Your name sounds yoruba but you are damn too correct!
I don't have a thing with relaxing abroad meeting Yoruba's worldwide and encouraging them but going to the House is really on what grounds now? Just to show that in history?or to be relevant?
If he wants to be relevant he should invest in his people by giving talks to our irate youths,creating channels for peaceful co-existence in the country and by so doing if the Brits or Americans invite him to their parliament IT WILL HAVE MORE RESPECT n MEANING.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
holytribe:

Really that's nice, but am not too sure aren't modakeke and Ife propel enemies? Forgive me if I made an error I think I have heard something like that somewhrre, a clash of sorts happened?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by yommyuk: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sprintson:

Your name sounds yoruba but you are damn too correct!
I don't have a thing with relaxing abroad meeting Yoruba's worldwide and encouraging them but going to the House is really on what grounds now? Just to show that in history?or to be relevant?
If he wants to be relevant he should invest in his people by giving talks to our irate youths,creating channels for peaceful co-existence in the country and by so doing if the Brits or Americans invite him to their parliament IT WILL HAVE MORE RESPECT n MEANING.

U right

Politically and constitutionally , his role is limited to a ceremonial and cultural one. To stay relevant, he must enhance the black consciousness globally, promote unity and cultural ties.

Globetrotting with a horde of unknown entities is wasteful and unnecessary.

He has got the presence and clout, he should use it appropriately
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by holytribe(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

Really that's nice, but am not too sure aren't modakeke and Ife propel enemies? Forgive me if I made an error I think I have heard something like that somewhrre, a clash of sorts happened?

You are right but probably still needs to be told about the
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by holytribe(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

You are right but probably still needs to be told about the conflict.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by disserious: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
I'm from Ife, will you marry me?

jenigurl:

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
holytribe:

You are right but probably still needs to be told about the conflict.
Please i am all ears hun, cos all the stuff I heard are strictly hear say, okay lemme tell you what I heard . Basically Ile ife took the throne or something from a Modakeke prince and stuff like that? And Modakeke people are the real rulers or something? They get mistreated by Ile Ife people?
Please no offense meant to either party if I got it all mixed up? I am totally clueless but I want to get the facts straight after ally future husband will be from there? grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by 2n2k(m): 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
kolaaderin:

check the lady with camera in picture 4, she is also present in picture 9 wearing the same cloth. Hatred from that guy is second to non.

Ok. You are right with the link between the pics
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin I will marry someone from ife
Kabiyesi mi Olori mi Ife mi
am from ife, you will marry me o.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by popplm(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Tolexander:
ya, He is already the king of the world

from Ife anthem....

1 Ilé-ifè ni orí’run ayé( Ile Ife is the source of the world)
Ìlú Oòduà baba Yorùbá
Èdùmàrè tó dá wa sí’fè
Kó máse ba ’fe jé mó wa l’órí
K’Olúwa kó maa ràn wá se.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo

2. Ilé-ifè b’ojúmó ti mó wá
Ìlú àsà on ìlú èsìn
Gbogbo Yorùbá e káre ’fè
Ká lo w’ohun àdáyébá t’ó jo’jú
Ilé Oòduà Ifè l’ó wà
Opá Òràn’yàn; Ilé-Ifè ni.
’ Boji Morèmi Ilé-Ifè ni
Ará, e káre ’fè Oòdáyé.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo
o kaare gbain, a ye oo, e ni ye sile...o ku omo akin se.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by olaitanbaale1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

I'm from ife...oya come let's chop kiss togeda tongue
jenigurl:

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

I'm from ife...oya come let's chop kiss togeda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.