Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington (49541 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by khrisluv(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
good for them...................but am proud of my tribe...... Igbo kwenu kwesonu ehhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jornie(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
able20:

There have being a call for cease fire..we urge you to forebear and hold your demons.

The summary of what ensued yesterday is quoted below:
jornie:
Thank God for this calm.....wheeww!!!As at morning and afternoon it was soo bloody..e-worriors running helter skelter, nairalanders hiding behind screens of all sorts for cover.Hmmm,it was a terrible day indeed.I only thank God for our ever brave and gallant brother Omenka ...He escaped shooting point-blank, about twelve(12) shots i think,evaded bombs and RPGs...At a point i thought it was going to be the beginning of another civil war on Nairaland.Thank God, it rather turns out to be the morula of the end of every so called Tribal bigotry/warfare on here.Today exists to prove for the first time in record history, that Nairaland can have people(Igbo and yellowbar) coexist and forebear despite tribal differences,for the sake of peace. Today marks the beginning of a new era,"The Dawn" and I pray that after "the Dawn" peace shall continue to fester and we shall gradually see our dear brothers drop their arms and weapons of tribal warfare till we see "The Day".This means we all therefore, have a moral responsibility to ensure that the dawn thrives,Till we see "The Day". Everyone on-here is morally obliged to condemn every act of tribal lashing/strife otherwise he is also guilty because it is said "not to speak is to speak and not to Act is to Act".
God Bless you brothers!! And together we say, One Nairaland! One Nigeria! One people!

Kind regards.
Ex-Zonal Coordinator, South-West axis NCAN grin grin
thread:https://www.nairaland.com/3165322/genuine-call-one-week-ceasefire
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by freshkik(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin
I will marry someone from ife

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi
Lol, you ll prolly hv alot of suitors, infact i for fit join too tongue but unfortunately i'm not from ife embarassed
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by lohresloco: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
more than i can say for the great idiot called buhari, for heaven sake, heres a yoruba monarch representing the yoruba people with his office and doing so positively (are there criminals in the west- of cos there are) does he go around calling the yorubas criminals -NO. but then you have the president of the whole nation constantly trying to lickass by going around the international communities, insulting his people. where did we go wrong. we have a gaffe for a president

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jornie(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
khrisluv:
good for them...................but am proud of my tribe...... Igbo kwenu kwesonu ehhhhh
You're highly welcome to this thread. Thanks for adhering to the call for truce.
https://www.nairaland.com/3165322/genuine-call-one-week-ceasefire
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by holytribe(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin
I will marry someone from ife

Kabiyesi mi
Olori mi
Ife mi

Am from ife, will you marry me? Please don't say no ooo cool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by wiseoneking: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
The Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi(Ojaja II) is receiving more recognition internationally. The Yoruba monarch paid a visit to the House of Representatives in Washington D.C in the United States yesterday where he gave a speech relating to African (Yoruba) culture in front of the full house.

The Ooni and his queen Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi were recognized by the lawmakers who honoured them and also took pictures with them at the chambers.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/06/ooni-of-ife-recognized-by-us-lawmakers.html
This oni would soon out compete Buhari. I hope all this people returns back his visit. We are excited when ever we shake hands with the whites. Africans with inferiority complex. Lets over grow this. He is trying to be relevant. Ajala?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by YEMOYEMI: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Tolexander:
ya, He is already the king of the world

from Ife anthem....

1 Ilé-ifè ni orí’run ayé( Ile Ife is the source of the world)
Ìlú Oòduà baba Yorùbá
Èdùmàrè tó dá wa sí’fè
Kó máse ba ’fe jé mó wa l’órí
K’Olúwa kó maa ràn wá se.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo

2. Ilé-ifè b’ojúmó ti mó wá
Ìlú àsà on ìlú èsìn
Gbogbo Yorùbá e káre ’fè
Ká lo w’ohun àdáyébá t’ó jo’jú
Ilé Oòduà Ifè l’ó wà
Opá Òràn’yàn; Ilé-Ifè ni.
’ Boji Morèmi Ilé-Ifè ni
Ará, e káre ’fè Oòdáyé.

Ifè Oòyè, E jí gìrì
E jí gìrì, k’e gbé Ifè ga
Olórí aye ni’fè Oòyè
K’á múra láti tè s’íwájú
Òràmfè On’ílé iná
Oòduà a wèriri jagun
Òkànlén’írún irúnmolè
E gbé ’fè lé’kĕ ’sòro gbogbo

Oòduà a wèwurin jagun

Oodua was know to wear iron clothe to war. A wo ewu irin j'agun. You did well though. Am proud to be from The Source
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Fagbewesa: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am proud to be an origin of ile lfe.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by wiseoneking: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
lecther:
Royalty is completely different than celebrity. Royalty has a magic all its own.
I can only thank the gods for making me a Yoruba.
Nawaah, just because your Oni went to see white man. Black man and inferiority.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by micronut(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
mcpapillo:

i'm from ife ..
Omo agbo ile Njasa ni ilode ..ile-ife
Hit me up dear .. Let's talk...
Lol! Nle o omo njasa oko ona! Omo Ata ni'wara.
I'm a full blooded Njasa son too.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by PeterKbaba: 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by fascowilly(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
is he vying for king of the world?
Great Oba..
Not like the tribe that always pollute the world.....
Drugs travelling tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jide333(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Exactly what we need to hear.. Not these fools that'll come on here and start saying sh i t about not giving a damn with the west.. Anytime the U S A says things about not favouring nigeria u will hear to hell with the west! We dont need them! Fu c k ya'll western h8ers!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by tickles2luv2016(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:
IS IT THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE,
WHO'S TIRED OF SEEING THIS OONI GUY AND HIS STORIES, OR WHAT? undecided

Why wont u be tired,no be beans o.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by defash8: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
I am proud to be a Yoruba man.

I am also proud to be Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jornie(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:
IS IT THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE,
WHO'S TIRED OF SEEING THIS OONI GUY AND HIS STORIES, OR WHAT? undecided

baysol:

You're alreadythe odd man from the tribe of the dead sun. You for don follow Ooni go america maybe the few raps of drugs we una they take rep us fit don miss detection through diplomatic logage. Yeye people way we go soon drive comot from yoruba land to go rep themselves and develop their onclave instead of developing lagos as them claim. I can't wait to see the total driving off from YORUBA LAND of these maggots from the east. Lobatan.

fascowilly:

Great Oba..
Not like the tribe that always pollute the world.....
Drugs travelling tribe.

wiseoneking:
This oni would soon out compete Buhari. I hope all this people returns back his visit. We are excited when ever we shake hands with the whites. Africans with inferiority complex. Lets over grow this. He is trying to be relevant. Ajala?

You are highly welcome to this thread brothers.We urge you to adhere to the call for truce and ceasefire declared yesterday.Please forebear and hold your demons.

The summary of what ensued is quoted below:
jornie:
Thank God for this calm.....wheeww!!!As at morning and afternoon it was soo bloody..e-worriors running helter skelter, nairalanders hiding behind screens of all sorts for cover.Hmmm,it was a terrible day indeed.I only thank God for our ever brave and gallant brother Omenka ...He escaped shooting point-blank, about twelve(12) shots i think,evaded bombs and RPGs...At a point i thought it was going to be the beginning of another civil war on Nairaland.Thank God, it rather turns out to be the morula of the end of every so called Tribal bigotry/warfare on here.Today exists to prove for the first time in record history, that Nairaland can have people(Igbo and yellowbar) coexist and forebear despite tribal differences,for the sake of peace. Today marks the beginning of a new era,"The Dawn" and I pray that after "the Dawn" peace shall continue to fester and we shall gradually see our dear brothers drop their arms and weapons of tribal warfare till we see "The Day".This means we all therefore, have a moral responsibility to ensure that the dawn thrives,Till we see "The Day". Everyone on-here is morally obliged to condemn every act of tribal lashing/strife otherwise he is also guilty because it is said "not to speak is to speak and not to Act is to Act".
God Bless you brothers!! And together we say, One Nairaland! One Nigeria! One people!

Kind regards.
Ex-Zonal Coordinator, South-West axis NCAN grin grin
thread:https://www.nairaland.com/3165322/genuine-call-one-week-ceasefire
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Israellb(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
jenigurl:
I am so in love with him grin I will marry someone from ife
Kabiyesi mi Olori mi Ife mi
Lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by abbeyty(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:

maybe you are right, he will soon dethrone the queen
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Ayo25: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fagbewesa:
Am proud to be an origin of ile lfe.
Please tell me, how did you become 'an origin' of Ile-Ife? I want to become 'an origin' of Ile-Ife too...lol!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by guyXander(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
etebefia:
Good Development, the West recognizing Africans. But OP point of correction with the pictures.
Picture 1. Real
Picture 2. Real
Picture 3. Real
Picture 4. Na Lie
Picture 5. Real
Picture 6. Real
Picture 7. Real
Picture 8. Real
Picture 9. Real
Picture 10. Real
Picture 11. Na Lie
Guy you too much.
I thought I was the only one that saw it.
Empty house of representative nai then enter go take picture.
Famz with the Americans. Worshipping the white folks.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by tosyne2much(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
is you laptop manufactured in ife? the all the ami on the alphabet is amazing. how did u achieved that feat
Me sef dey surprised bro cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by shegra58: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
you can ask google. shocked

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by holuwatobhy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
shamecurls:
Yoruba leads and other follow...........

The King of Kings of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

......There is none like him
Baba we are all having one King of kings he is the creator of the whole world including enitan.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by macof(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
shamecurls:
Yoruba leads and other follow...........

The King of Kings of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

......There is none like him

and some people said Oba of Bini and Sultan sokoto is greater than the Ooni grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by 9jaRonin(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
Must you always say something negative? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by marwanafrica: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
Forget that tin dis man na 1st class king

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
holytribe:

Am from ife, will you marry me? Please don't say no ooo cool
How do I know if you really are from ife?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by push23: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
That is not the house of rep

[size=28pt]Is the owner of inagbe. Does that sound yoruba

ba[/size]

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by fabulouskeem(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
No. 4 pix is real check d lady in red jacket holding camera

quote author=etebefia post=46592554]Good Development, the West recognizing Africans. But OP point of correction with the pictures.
Picture 1. Real
Picture 2. Real
Picture 3. Real
Picture 4. Na Lie
Picture 5. Real
Picture 6. Real
Picture 7. Real
Picture 8. Real
Picture 9. Real
Picture 10. Real
Picture 11. Na Lie[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington by jordinsparkles(f): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
I tire oo....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.