Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani (715 Views)

"Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court / Fayose Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Nigerian President / Fani-kayode Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Buhari’s Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by buzo80(m): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2016
The former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Tuesday, reacted to claims by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that it had seized her property in Abuja worth $18 million as well as jewelry, furniture and a bulletproof gym worth $2 million.
Alison-Madueke, who was first female president of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), said that the EFCC’s claims, which were calculated attempts to demonise and damage her reputation in the public space, had made the Federal Government’s anti-corruption war a sheer mockery of Nigeria before the eyes of the world.
She said: “Many times, my detractors have gotten away with these irresponsible smear campaigns because they have become accustomed to my characteristic approach of silence in the face of these callous attacks.
“The latest in the string of propaganda attacks launched against my person since I left government as Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister is this Al Jazeera report, which without any court conviction anywhere in the world attempts to dress Diezani Alison-Madueke in the garb of a common criminal.
“This, to say the least, is the height of journalistic brigandage and a sheer mockery of Nigeria’s anti-corruption war before the eyes of the world who are watching and asking if the war against corruption is a circus show where suspects are prosecuted and sentenced on the pages of newspapers and video blogs without anything as remotely in the semblance of a trial in the courts of law,” she added.
On her seized property and jewelry, she pointed out those women selling tomatoes in Bodija market had them in abundance in their closets and wondered when it had become crime to own a property in Nigeria.
Alison-Madueke queried: “When did it become a crime to own a property in Nigeria? When did it become a crime for a woman of my status to have in her possession, jewelry?
“Jewelry, which women all across the world, including the woman selling tomatoes in Bodija market have in abundance in their closets. In which court of law, anywhere in the world was I prosecuted by the EFCC and found guilty of corruption?
“I have strived to maintain a record of hard work, integrity and excellence, giving my best to society. With all sense of modesty, I say this only for posterity and for the records. I have strived within my means and the blessings of God to live a decent and accomplished life.
“I studied architecture in England and obtained a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, United States of America in 1992. When I returned to Nigeria that same year, I joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, I obtained an MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom.
“In April 2006, I was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria. In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport. The next year in December 2008, I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
“In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015. During this period as Petroleum Minister, I had the honour of serving Nigeria and representing her in the Organisation of Oil Exporting Countries (OPEC) where I was elected first female president.
“All through my career, I have strived to maintain a record of hard work, integrity and excellence, giving my best to society, because my parents raised me in the consciousness that a man or woman’s greatness is defined not by the amount of wealth they have acquired but the impact of their service to God and humanity.
“Coming at such a critical time in my life when I am battling cancer, this poorly executed propaganda bares on its face like tribal marks, a clearly malicious attempt to victimize an innocent woman in what appears an exaggerated plot to validate and give credibility to the anti-corruption crusade under Nigeria’s new regime.
“People who are battling cancer or those who have lost their loved ones to this medical condition understand what I am going through at this time. This is what makes me ponder at the cold-heartedness of those who will go any length to defame and destroy in the name of propaganda. What happened to our shared humanity?”. https://www.today.ng/news/national/137201/anti-corruption-fight-mockery-nigeria-diezani

1 Like

Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by JBismarck(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Ok, we have heard her, but she should be informed that had it been she managed our petroleum resources properly, there won't be need for any anti-corruption fight in the first place. Lubishhhhhhh. And that she should come to Nigeria and tell us that.

Just so you know, WEST side still the BEST side.
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by madridguy(m): 8:05am On Jun 15, 2016
Talk is cheap...Madam why can't you come down to Nigeria and defend yourself. Madam Ngozi is here no one chop her head.

I can recall how Olisah Metuh was boiling on the National dailies front pages then that he has no skeleton in his cupboard not until Oga ate his written statement form like a goat.

You can only run, but you cannot hide.

1 Like

Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by nepapole(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2016
D
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by fkpboss: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2016
"Newspapers can make the oppressed oppressed, and the oppressors praised"-Malcon X.

But I'm not saying that you are not guilty ma
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by rose54321: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2016
Its normal my dear, the accused has to place a defense.

If me sef was accused, until proven guilty, I will say even sweeter things.
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by antispexish(m): 8:28am On Jun 15, 2016
I know you are guilty if you ,as a former govt official, develop medical problem(s) ones you are being investigated.
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by bender79: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2016
Diezani should just shattap and bring back her own yams.
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2016
Come home soon dear, u'll know Kuje prison no know Cambridge and Howard.

1 Like

Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2016
rose54321:
Its normal my dear, the accused has to place a defense.

If me sef was accused, until proven guilty, I will say even sweeter things.

Sister, are u sure u understand how previous administration ran Nigeria aground? Did u see the huge figure recovered within a year? Hasn't that convinced u that no one who served under the previous administration can be vouched for?

U're tribalistic.
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by rose54321: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Sister, are u sure u understand how previous administration ran Nigeria aground? Did u see the huge figure recovered within a year? Hasn't that convinced u that no one who served under the previous administration can be vouched for?

U're tribalistic.

Lol tribalistic... really You don't even now my tribe to begin with, and just for clarification I ain't from the south south.

I ain't in any way form or manner vouching for the last or any other administration for that matter. My point was clear if only you took the time to read my comment.

The problem you, and unfortunately most Nigerians, have is that once an individual has a different opinion and or view from yours, automatically it's assumed the person's view is either based on political, religious or tribal affiliation.

For your information that aint always the case, some people do make objective contributions.

That said, every human being when accused, creates a defense. We do it instinctively.
Only when it's glaring that the "accuser" can prove the case against all reasonable doubt do we admit guilt.

The former petroleum minister response is expected, she need a defense. I would do same.

Now that does not in any way, if you understand English, mean I support her. ,
Re: FG Anti-corruption Fight Mockery Of Nigeria – Diezani by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
rose54321:

Lol tribalistic... really You don't even now my tribe to begin with, and just for clarification I ain't from the south south.

I ain't in any way form or manner vouching for the last or any other administration for that matter. My point was clear if only you took the time to read my comment.

The problem you, and unfortunately most Nigerians, have is that once an individual has a different opinion and or view from yours, automatically it's assumed the person's view is either based on political, religious or tribal affiliation.

For your information that aint always the case, some people do make objective contributions.

That said, every human being when accused, creates a defense. We do it instinctively.
Only when it's glaring that the "accuser" can prove the case against all reasonable doubt do we admit guilt.

The former petroleum minister response is expected, she need a defense. I would do same.

Now that does not in any way, if you understand English, mean I support her. ,

Trash, with due respect ma.

(1) (Reply)

While Pmb Was Away,fulani Herdsmen Didn't Kill A Farmer. / Buhari Working To Become Nigeria's Last President / How Safe Is Nigeria For Foreigners And Expatriates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.