Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning (38293 Views)

Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota / Early Morning Rain Threatening LG Election In Lagos, As Flood Takes Over (VIDEO) / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by vislabraye(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
olokeded:
Lagosians experienced a heavy downpour early Wednesday morning but what Ajah residents of the state are experiencing is more than the rainfall. Houses,streets and roads were seen taken over by flood at about 8am.

See more photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-flood-takes-over-ajah-houses.html

What part of Ajah is this ?
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by slynat(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
codemaniacs:

its not a case of bad drainage system per se like 85% because of bad drainage... if a person digs on the island you'll see the ocean water like 8ft to 10ft... the state govt would need to create a man made island or very big and deep reservoir to channel the water.... that's why I see eko atlantic as a waste of money..

A reasonable suggestion, thanks.
But some folks post be like they are ready for thanks giving in church that all of this happened.
Everyone cannot leave on the mainland....

Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by kkulaja(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
For lagos,no where really escapes when it rains seriously,is it yaba ni,abi surulere,only ikeja is better,is it iyana ipaja abule egba or sango?I still like the lekki cos after the rain u have clean roads due to the sands,but in some areas its very messy roads even days after the rains
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by joey150(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by AmAlbert(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
The Rich also cry
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by rockyh(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Benjom:
This is terrible... Ajah of all places? If this is what they're encountering then what will be the experience of those resident in places like: Okokomaiko, Ajamgbadi, Ajegunle, Meiran, Otta, Agege, etc?
those in okoko ajangbadi don't live beside the ocean we live on a densely water logged area like lekki ikoyi and Ajax proudly okoko guy
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by Niyinficient(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Benjom:
This is terrible... Ajah of all places? If this is what they're encountering then what will be the experience of those resident in places like: Okokomaiko, Ajamgbadi, Ajegunle, Meiran, Otta, Agege, etc?

FOR YOUR CV & COVER LETTER SAMPLES:

www..com/cv-samples/

The people in those area don't walk on waters during raining days! Everywhr gets drained 10mins after the rain.
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by itsmaleekbaby(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
We've not seen anything. Keep putting refuse in drainage. It's coming to mararaba in Nasarawa and Abuja

#whereis ourcommonsense
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by obillyj(f): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
It's really horrible in Ajah o. I couldn't go to work cos my compound is flooded even up till now. We all in d compound will need a boat to leave d compound. In fact I even had to scoop d water to flush toilet cos I couldn't get to the well.

Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is what happens when people dump refuse in their gutters. angry
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by Favored4gud: 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Yes oo, preach it!! Agbowa na the place for now oo. lol!
freeborn76:

Someone asked me whether he should buy a land in Agbowa Ikorodu or Lekki-the money to buy a plot in Lekki would buy 5 acres in parts of Agbowa. I told him to wait till the rainy season to make up his mind; I hope he has his answer now...ka Chineke me ezeokwu!
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by Chekitaut: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
Untainted007:
Lagos does not have good water drainage system. What else do you expect when the rich men decides to use their connections to built houses on water drainage channels or prevent gutter to be dugged outside their houses because it smells or bring about accumulated wastes. You will sow what you reap. Oya let them buy boat to ply through the water.

Na to dey sell land. No new town master plan no foresight. Dey cant give up stretch of land for drainage dey rather drown wen atlantic ocean over flows

Adeboye: I Don’t Know Whether There Will Be 2023 Election Yet / Nigeria's Presidential Candidates And Their Corruption Allegations - Bloomberg / Protests Rock Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Niger Over Insecurity

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)