Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,241 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home (753 Views)

Victor Omoregie, Vanguard Manager Dies In His Lagos Office After Slumping / EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video) / Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by 247frolic(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2016
Musiliu Obanikoro

Good morning friends and Good morning to all Nigerians. The following tweets are my reaction to recent developments.

The Invasion and Raid of my Residence yesterday by Agents of the State is a sad throwback to a Tyrannical Past that is Better Forgotten. In 16 years of Democracy, we thought we had conquered despotism for good in Nigeria but in one year, this Government has brought it back.

Let me reiterate clearly: I have never received any invitation from EFCC over any issue up till date. This invasion therefore is premature.

Furthermore, no Court ordered a Raid on my house or Seizure of my belongings. Any such move is Illegal and will be fought against Legally. Such Invasion and Raid of my house without prior Invitation from EFCC to me or any Court Order towards this Signals a Return to Despotism. The Illegal Invasion and Raid is a Mockery of Justice, an Expression of Disdain towards the Judicial System and a terribly Bad Precedent.

The Illegal Invasion without EFCC invitation, Notice of Investigation or a Court Order is also a Mockery of the Intelligence of Nigerians.

If the harassment of PDP members will help Government to Deliver Good Governance, many of us would Submit ourselves willingly to Martyrdom. If hounding PDP members will solve Nigeria's Economic Woes then we Welcome it. This Rather is a Woeful Attempt to Distract from those Woes.

But Unfortunately, harassing PDP leaders is not in any way Equal to the Delivery of Good Governance, No Matter who Applauds such Illegality. The aim of Govt is to distract the People from their Woes. Such tactics have been tried before, in Nigeria and elsewhere, and they failed.

I put close to Two Decades into Public Service, in Opposition and in Government, all with an Unblemished Record and a Clear Conscience.

To put one's family and dependents through such trauma of illegal invasion, in this holy month of Ramadan is an unfair reward for service.

The Illegal Invasion of my house, FFK and several others in Detention: give me NO CONFIDENCE in Government's willingness to do Justice. EFCC has never OFFICIALLY made public ANY investigation of my record in Government at ANY TIME before this Illegal Invasion of my house.

Suggestions of an EFCC investigation have dwelt Solely in the Realm of Rumours, over which I have sued Several Media Organisations to Court.

The Rumour before was that of a $2.7billion arms issue, now they say it is NSA imprest account - let them make the Documents Public.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/musiliu-obanikoro-reacts-to-efcc.html

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by chriskosherbal(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2016
The EFCC always go over board in the discharge of its duties. Why would they raid Koro's house without prior invitation to him or a court order to do so? Somebody really needs to leash Magu and his boys before they throw us back to the dark era of tyranny.

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by Benjom(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2016
Ok... but I subscribe to the rule of law taking its course otherwise this will be tantamount to harassment and violation of his fundamental human right.

#When will this corruption saga end and the masses made the focal point of this administration?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by seyema(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2016
We are watching
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by 2undeee(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2016
shy u clean oya come back home and clear your name, dey dere dey make mouth like my dog kill am
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2016
2undeee:
shy u clean oya come back home and clear your name, dey dere dey make mouth like my dog kill am

Everyone wealthy man is a criminal to a poor man.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by psucc(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2016
2undeee:
I wonder how this country will grow. With this post, you mean nobody who served into he previous govt was/is rich enough without staining his name?

Like seriously GEJ and NOI are in better position to give this administration the clue or lead info to rope in the perceived corrupt officials.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Reacts To EFCC Raiding His Lagos Home by 2undeee(m): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
psucc:
I wonder how this country will grow. With this post, you mean nobody who served into he previous govt was/is rich enough without staining his name?

Like seriously GEJ and NOI are in better position to give this administration the clue or lead info to rope in the perceived corrupt officials.

guy dat one na english y him no wan come back home

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Oyo State Gov Ajimobi Swears In Newly Appointed Commissioners Today / Is Buhari Back? Today Na Sunday Oo / What Wailers Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.