Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (47653 Views)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by BABANGBALI: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=sunnydayasaba post=46599560]Aregbe should watch it, This is simply how radicalization starts.

Fuming tension in d schools might make student now see their fellow religion as superior to d other.[/quotle]I hate that man aregbesola with passion. He is a Taliban and boko waiting to explode
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by seguntijan(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Food of thought to Osun CAN
Christian Association of Nigeria has done a very good job in Osun. Thank you CAN for this love, tolerant and unity you have fostered among the children. For the records, Muslims women wear Hijab athome, to bed, to market, to school, to work, to every where they go. They do so, not just in Nigeria, but all over the world. In USA, UK, Canada or wherever, this is a norm, a religious inevitability as far asMuslim women are concerned. They don't go out of their house without it. Female Muslim police officers in western countries evenwear Hijab to work. While going to school, the same school uniform is used for Hijab to ensure compliance with the school uniform code. Christians on the other hand don't wear church robe at home, at work, not to bed, not to market, not to school. They only wear it once a week, on Sunday to church. When CAN ordered Christian students to wear a church wear to school, a church wear that is different from school uniform in colour, texture or whatever, you have indeed done a great thing.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by wealth442: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Since CAN is fighting for their own children what should Ogbonis and the Babaláwo and ifa children be wearing? grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by katerine7(f): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is getting serious, all I can say is that every students in any public school should be on the same school uniform, I am serving in osun but the students of st charles both Christians and Muslims put on the same uniform without any problem; I understand that Muslims put on hijab but if hijab is not part of the school uniform they should stop it and CAN should just appeal that court order.Simple as ABC

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by babajeje123(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is so annoying. How can you be defending an absurd matter publicly. How can hijab be used in a Baptist school? It is like a pastor preaching in the national mosque, claiming that it's a public place. Muslims can wear whatever, it is their burden. Hijab has never been a part of school uniform. Its introduction has a sinister motive.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Abdulmojeed01(m): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
I dont just know why some people are full of shits, Ryt from day one in Osun state dey av been putting Hijab in every government secondary even wen i was in d secondary sch in osun state. i dont know why one man will now come nd start causing troubles. Its not fair.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by BABANGBALI: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that
is the muslim dress code part of school uniforms?you people just enjoy causing problems wherever you go. Religion of piss indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by WOCKHARDI(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
I blame the judge that gave his ruling in favour of the hijab. It's not a balanced and fair judgement. Hijab is NOT part of the school uniform for goodness sake. After school hours let those concerned wear whatever they like.
Is this not 'Islamization' of the public schools? Na small small e de take start.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by BABANGBALI: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abdulmojeed01:
I dont just know why some people are full of shits, Ryt from day one in Osun state dey av been putting Hijab in every government secondary even wen i was in d secondary sch in osun state. i dont know why one man will now come nd start causing troubles. Its not fair.
abdulmojeed well done you hear.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by dmltoyin(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

You had the opportunity to choose a school with Islamic background, but you chose the one with Xtian background by yourself.

Whatever you are asked to recite there is in accordance with the background and history of such a school.

You voluntarily submitted to the rules and regulations of the school. If not, you would have transferred yourself to Islahudeen, Sarafadeen or Muslim Sec School.
are you aware that government hv taken total ownership of all this missionary school after the biafra war in 1970
This school are bounded by the national curriculum and government policies and is financed by the government
It's not even a must to use hijab in doze Muslim second schools sef
Muslims can go on wd their hijab and the Christians use beret
The two religions kuku don't like it's worshippers exposing their hair

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Mcowubaba: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??
You are the person that is not being candid.....

Is hijab part of the school uniform
U can wear hijab in the mosque, market, house, street but Not in Schools especially Secondary nd primary sch....
Using ur rationale, then Muslims in the army, Navy, civil defence etc should all be putting on Hijabs, there is a reason why something is called uniform.....
Muslims and their wahala self sad, that's how the wanted to caused trouble for NYSC, because of this same Hijab issue nd fasting...
Na only dem Waka come

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Mrfred43(m): 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
The differences we have in this country wil do us no good. Schools are not a religion house or affairs, wearing garment or hijab is not part of the school code since it is not an islamic school...the governor shuld stop siding one side and ban the use of any form of dress code outside the school uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by lekkipropertyy: 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.
As if Muslims are not part of the tax payers. .. The problem here is tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by ihedioramma: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
let there be peace in the state . one love .
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Abuja2013: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
To me, the missionaries should collect their schools back from govt before they spoil the moral values they were meant for. Muslims can wear hijab to public schools established by govt or community. Meanwhile, fundamental human right allow anyone to wear any cloth to school. Final.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by HaneefahRN(f): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sanusijoyjoy: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Aregbe is as drunk as Orijin's bottle.

This is the madness the goatie bearded Gov brought into my peaceful state.

People were living in peace before this financially reckless man brought his madness into the state.

He should better cancel school uniform outrightly. How will he even cancel school uniform, when it is the company that his wife has a stake in that is the sole supplier of school uniform in the state.

Osun worshippers children are also loading to unleash their own dress mode on public schools.
bro,bro pls dnt flame issues if u dnt av better judgement... CAN shld jst take things easy,, hijab wearing is part of muslim children before d advent of anybody's govt in nigeria.. Let 'em jst mention dia problm instead of hiding it under dressing issue... GOD BLESS nd save NIGERIA
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by spiralwedge(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

Both you and your gov missed it. There's no problem if anyone wants to wear hijab, the problem is that you cannot wear it where in a public school, or in the military on NYSc since Nigeria is run on secular constitutions. You cannot have different laws for the same institution. Best option is to let people who wear 'hijab 24/7' go to an islamic school,where nobody would complain.
Christians go to Christian schools and Seminaries and convents and monasteries where their faith are undisturbed.
Why do Muslims like causing trouble?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by lekkipropertyy: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Mcowubaba:

You are the person that is not being candid.....

Is hijab part of the school uniform
U can wear hijab in the mosque, market, house, street but Not in Schools especially Secondary nd primary sch....
Using ur rationale, then Muslims in the army, Navy, civil defence etc should all be putting on Hijabs, there is a reason why something is called uniform.....
Muslims and their wahala self sad, that's how the wanted to caused trouble for NYSC, because of this same Hijab issue nd fasting...
Na only dem Waka come

Hijab is a mode of dressing for female muslims... we all know that! They wear it at home, market, party etc .. the problem here is tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by mikki123(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Say no to hijab in Christian Schools, Aregbesola is an animal

6 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Alokendra(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
I'm a Yoruba agnostic. I'm with CAN on this. It's high time Yoruba Christians and atheists wake up. These Muslims do not see as brothers. When push cones to shove, it is their religion first. They will not hesitate to sell us or stir violence at the slightest provocation.

I was impressed with Jimi Disu's analysis on classic FM this morning. He was against wearing hijab to public schools (supposedly Baptist school). He clearly stated that a religion setting is very different from a formal setting. Didn't know we still have some objective Muslims. Despite, being a moslem, he was very objective. This was the eyes I use to see my Muslim brothers until they started to prove me wrong. Their loyalty is to their religion.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Ayo25: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
I bet Aregbesola is getting more than he bargained for. This holy chaos is good for Osun state, isn't it? This is what you get when you try to fix what is not broke. He could not fashion out ideas how to pull the state out of the financial wood. All the sophisticated intelligence he has he has managed to use in creating a messy religious situation and take his state back living memory...

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guyman02: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

me-think CAN is just bein un-serious here. Muslim can wear hijab. I remembered in my secondary years, they forced us to sing all christian songs and even read bible despite that we are muslim. can you try it with them?

At least they allowed you into their school; here in the North you cannot be admitted into a Muslim school if you are Christian except you denounce your religion for Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by prinsam30: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
[s]They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"[/s]

What is this one saying, please receive sense or go to ur Catholic Church and ask ur Father to build a mosque directly opposite ur church, then u will know what up.

Am highly disappointed in you

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by vikyno(m): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Another opportunity for Aregbesola to launch "O hijab"
What a misplaced priority.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Boxer007(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"

Hello Beautiful man. I like u and Do you have a boy friend?
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guyman02: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
If you give an arm to a fanatical Muslim, they will soon demand for your head

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by waice6571: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why can't we Separate religion and education from politics in this country

Must we at all time divide the polity along religious line?

In my own opinion, every party involved in this show of shame are wrong. The height of the problem is the student having religious ground to participate in rebellion against their future.

It is wrong for muslims to come to school in hijab while robes and other paraphernalia should be limited to our respective churches.

Aregbesola, being the kind of person he is; he lacks religious morals and being an insensitive governor, his state is the most backward in South West. The highest debtor in Nigeria. He lacks fatherhood value. Little wonder, his son was arrested for money laundering only save his face with public denial of his son.

Only for people of the state to handle this issue with wisdom. Left to their governor, nothing good, I MEAN nothing good can come out of him.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by olaolaking: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"

I beg drop your bank details. You deserve some pounds

I am also a Christian. Hijab is Muslims way of dressing. They ware it when they are traveling, working, doing business and all the time.
Unnecessary competition.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by prinsam30: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
[s]Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates[/s]

You can also spew this rubbish to that tout of a governor aregbesola, stop wasting ur talent on nairaland
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by saintdennis(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am so ashamed of CAN right now...

Has anyone seen aisha buhari without hijab or scarf in public before?

Now has anyone seen patience jonathan wearing choir dress b4? Or Toolz / don jazzy wearing their C n S outfit on a weekday b4?

Or @ your workplace can u wear choir outfit, white garment? If u support the useless CAN then I dare u to go to work tomorrow draped in ur choir outfit!

I served @ osun in 2014 and lived in iwo to be precise. @ hospital road around bowen area.

U rarely see a MUSLIM there not wearing hijab I swear! And the xtians relate with the muslims freely.
So for CAN to instead of urging female students to COVER their head with scarves / beret THEY are telling THEM TO WEAR something they ONLY WEAR ON SUNDAY! Jealousy.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam / 50% Pay Cut: Pastor Adeboye Tackled By Lawmakers / Hilarious Tweet By Pastor Enoch Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.