Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media (21191 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
sadNow, in all my years of being active on social media, there are a lot of habits most people (including myself) do but in this post, I will list seven of them that are common so that we can learn from our mistakes and eliminate regrets. Let us tell ourselves the truth for once and put the devil to shame.

Asking Someone out on Social media

Really? Like seriously? sad this is the most silly of them all... People who do this really have a lot of issues to settle. Ah mean, if I were a girl and u as guy asks me out on social media to be ur girlfrnd, I'd totally look at u as someone who doesn't hav confidence in wooing someone physically. Take it or leave it, Its laughable. Here are my reasons, such relationship won't even last because during times of conflict, the person who wooed won't take the "wooee" seriously. For those that find this method to b easy for them, I advise u, if u really want smth real, if u have respect for the guy or girl u wooing, please ask him or out physically so that it can enable u to see their body languages and the person who u are asking out will know that u are a serious minded person.

Having romantic feelings/crushing for someone on social media who you haven't met physically with yet

Ah mean doesn't this seem so awkward to u? Or should I say laughable? Of course yes the person's comments, online personality, the calls, romantic online gestures will really send butterflies to ur stomach buh heeeeeeey, slow down! You just haven't met the person yet for goodness sakes! U dnt knw his/her offline personality yet! He or she may not even be the kind of person u imagined to be. He/she might even hav bad breath issues! Yes! Or even worse. So, u gota hold on with that feelings first, meet them in person, have a few dates, den u will be sure to proceed with the love u hav already nutured up for him/her.

Giving way too much info abt ur personal life on social media

The reasons for this aren't far fetched. Now if I happen to have a misunderstanding with a nairalander and they happen to knw from ur posts that u aren't what u seem to be, they will literally use that evidence against u! And I'm very sure u don't want that. For those spilling way to info abt themselves in their e-diaries, pls watch it. K? wink

Misjudging someone's online personality as their offline personality

Now just because happen to post nutty, pervy, rash, erm u knw, posing as some sort of bad dude doesn't mean I'm a player offline. Hey! Don't get misguided. A lot of online personalities are really not what they are offline, until u meet them in person den u can actually come to conclusions.

Regarding everyone as Jobless on social media

Hey! Dnt be silly! Because mr A's presence online is frequent at intervals doesn't mean u should call him/her jobless.. Since you have been monitoring their online activities, who do u think is more jobless? Think befor u act!

Posting Uncivilized/unpolite/rude comments on social media

If u think you are really matured, please ignorance is the best answer. Its silly to exchange rude words with people online. If u are wise, u will keep quiet.

Posting unclad pictures of yourself/your friend, or your sibling on social media

incase u didn't knw, its very silly to do that. There is provision for ur personal pics to be displayed in ur profile! Some people create threads and upload their pics or pics of their friends or siblings and demand for opinions on how pretty/handsome they look. Now isn't that silly? Eh? Answer me!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by sammoe(m): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
undecided

4 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by cruzita(f): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
don't mind them.they call me jobless because I'm always on nairaland ,not knowing I work and earn 10times their salaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by ErnieSmallzz(f): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
smiley most of what you listed here are what i see everyday on nairaland grin, but that doesn't mean they would change, no matter how much you advice them. lipsrsealed

i think this should also be part, cos it happen almost everyday on nairaland, opening of thread with topic "HOW DO I LOOK" lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Julietcutie(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
cool
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
stupid guys posting on girl's facebook timeline

they be like 'thanks for accepting my friend request '
'thanks for the acceptance '
'thanks for the acceptation '
'thank you my angle (not even angel)'
'thanks for accepting.... may God shower blessings upon your family '

For what fuckin reason??

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by ErnieSmallzz(f): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:

For what fuckin reason??
lmao na this one i hate pass. The most annoying thing is that some of them won't even write it correctly. grin

12 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
cruzita:
don't mind them.they call me jobless because I'm always on nairaland ,not knowing I work and earn 10times their salaries
pics or i dont believe it.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by cruzita(f): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
pics or i dont believe it.
pics of what ?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
cruzita:
pics of what ?
your ten times salary

14 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:

For what fuckin reason??
°They just grateful she don't block em!! With all that pestering! cheesy
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
lmao na this one i hate pass. The most annoying thing is that some of them won't even write it correctly. grin
e dey vex me ehhh

that's where you will see ENGLISH RECONFIGURATION

2 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°They should be grateful she don't block em!! With all that pestering! cheesy
lolzzzz

but some of the dudes do those shiit to make the girl notice them
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:
lolzzzz

but some of the dudes do those shiit to make the girl notice them
°Fo' real? 6 foot 9 inches? Dang!
There's a Giant amongst us!
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
@OP i agree with some of your points, but the point made about asking someone out on social media is faultiristic. Now let me incucate someting into your thinking depot. The interntet has made life possible and things easiable to homo sapiens. some of the difficulties our fore fathers had in looking for a right partner has been gangastali eliminated through social platform. You know in life, it is not every lady that you see on a daily basics that can be a good wife and girlfriend to you. sometimes that particular lady you chat with on social media might be the right one for you, so its not bad if after having been friends with her, you then decided to ask her out because in the long run, you will be doing yourself good becaus she might turn out to be your perfect partner. This has nothing to do with no having self confidence because after you ask her out, you will still need to display confidential inbuild characters to her. it is even the confidence that you have that will make you ask her out.

21 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°Fo' real? 6 foot 9 inches? Dang!
There's a Giant amongst us!
lolzzzz

thanks hommie

basketball is life
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by OnaRegina: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
"Posting unclad pictures of yourself/your friend, or your sibling on social media"

Why do Nairalanders like the word "unclad"?

everything and anything, unclad.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
smiley most of what you listed here are what i see everyday on nairaland grin, but that doesn't mean they would change, no matter how much you advice them. lipsrsealed

hmmm op you know you are guilty of number 6? wink
please go bak and read the first paragraph of my post! Jeez! I wrote 'myself included"
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
@OP i agree with some of your points, but the point made about asking someone out on social media is faultiristic. Now let me incucate someting into your thinking depot. The interntet has made life possible and things easiable to homo sapiens. some of the difficulties our fore fathers had in looking for a right partner has been gangastali eliminated through social platform. You know in life, it is not every lady that you see on a daily basics that can be a good wife and girlfriend to you. sometimes that particular lady you chat with on social media might be the right one for you, so its not bad if after having been friends with her, you then decided to ask her out because in the long run, you will be doing yourself good becaus she might turn out to be your perfect partner. This has nothing to do with no having self confidence because after you ask her out, you will still need to display confidential inbuild characters to her. it is even the confidence that you have that will make you ask her out.
my second point explained all that Mr man.. please go bak and understand it.... I iterated that though it's good to have love feelings for someone, it's much better u meet them first, and get to knw their offline personality before proceeding on dat!

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by ErnieSmallzz(f): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
donbenedict:
please go bak and read the first paragraph of my post! Jeez! I wrote 'myself included"
ehn i know, i just wan remind u

. I know u af vex again grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:
lolzzzz

thanks hommie

basketball is life
°I'm a shorty,I need you to help me out and tell me what you eat that made you so big?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°I'm a shorty,I need you to help me out and tell me what you eat that made you so big?
pls stop derailing

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Eminentsaint(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
cruzita:
How did you know how much 'they' earn?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
donbenedict:
pls stop derailing
…. grin I can't promise that.
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
Rating your physical beauty by the picture you uploaded, knowing fully well that most women are photogenic and others are not.
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by TamedWolf90: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
cruzita:
Na this kind post dy provoke me die... You can be working and all that but 10* their salaries, what's that? Keep your ego to a side jor

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
it runs in da family

I got a 6'11 senior brother too
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:
it runs in da family

I got a 6'11 senior brother too
angry Man!! I wish I was taller!

How tall is the youngest member in your family?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Boring: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
op is a free world man..pple have the rite to do wat ever they see fit to do...
someone shit na another man food..

is call internet for a reason...dia is no right or wrong.
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Fernandowski(m): 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
angry Man!! I wish I was taller!

How tall is the youngest member in your family?
5'6

just clocked 11
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:
5'6

just clocked 11
°It's not even fair! cry
...I'm older than that an way shorter!
Yer baby sibling even has my dream height!.

My mama was short and I think it was passed on ta all her daughters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nokia Maps / My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. / The 10 Best Social Networking Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.