Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media (21229 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by EColeJnr: 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Ecole,Let me say it again.
I Never made that claim.Go read my post again

In your subconscious mind the thought was so prominent that it had affected yer vision.

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
donbenedict:
am not gona repeat myself on this Valerie..
°You don't scare me,Ikenna.
Anyway,my apologies and.... bye.
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by olac21(m): 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Na this kind post dy provoke me die... You can be working and all that but 10* their salaries, what's that? Keep your ego to a side jor

Guy don't mind that thing called cruzita-the day I saw her pics(gosh)I was like wtf!she earns nothing as you see her-she has a shape of someone with a body disease(which I do not know its name)

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fernandowski:
shrink those fats and make her taller bro
[email] Okay. [/email]
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
shocked did I FINALLY shut you up!!!!
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by ameezy(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2016
cruzita:
don't mind them.they call me jobless because I'm always on nairaland ,not knowing I work and earn 10times their salaries
Jobless wink cheesy
Come beat meme cheesy
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Asking people make sense.I read about some celebs that got married on social media
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by cidy123: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2016
One of the sily things we do on social media

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by JOAN11(f): 9:38am On Jun 16, 2016
quilty of offence number 1...accepted a relationship from an unknown,becos i was naive and very deeply inlove with him on fb..it went well for a very long time even after our several meetins...he was in uniben and i was in lagos..hes now in turkey and am in unben..it was fun expecially after i gained admission..but now its ol storey and we ve moved on
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2016
@OP
You missed the most crucial as these points you posted in my opinion don't really affect the lives of the every day Nigerian.

Personally

I think posting tribalistic, derogatory, religious hate posts are the most damaging posts I have seen on social media amongst Nigerians undecided

These posts affect the national unity and progress of a country as against those you posted .
If more and more people condemn these posts instead of indirectly encouraging them for website traffic or humor Nigeria would be a better place.

In developed countries hate, anti-Semitic, racist and derogatory posts ) comments are treated very seriously.

They even take online bullying very serious and these can attract hefty fines or jail time.

I feel instead of worrying about online wooing or nude pictures more and more Nigerians should speak up against these tribalistic or religious intolerance encouraging posts .
Just my two cents
Thank you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by demydea: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2016
cruzita:
don't mind them.they call me jobless because I'm always on nairaland ,not knowing I work and earn 10times their salaries

Point 3 & 4 is for you. Smh
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by godstime88(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2016
I see sense in the write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Ladycloud(f): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2016
Lol... Nothing pisses me off like thanks for accepting grin
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by ppnye: 9:45am On Jun 16, 2016
donbenedict:
my second point explained all that Mr man.. please go bak and understand it.... I iterated that though it's good to have love feelings for someone, it's much better u meet them first, and get to knw their offline personality before proceeding on dat!
You are just not there on one and two.
if peeps could conducted fruitful financial biz online why not emotional. what about site like badoo etc.
I have met someone online we fell in love and we are having a progressive relationship
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2016
jenigurl:
@OP
You missed the most crucial as these points you posted in my opinion don't really affect the lives of the every day Nigerian.

Personally

I think posting tribalistic, derogatory, religious hate posts are the most damaging posts I have seen on social media amongst Nigerians undecided

These posts affect the national unity and progress of a country as against those you posted .
If more and more people condemn these posts instead of indirectly encouraging them for website traffic or humor Nigeria would be a better place.

In developed countries hate, anti-Semitic, racist and derogatory posts ) comments are treated very seriously.

They even take online bullying very serious and these can attract hefty fines or jail time.

I feel instead of worrying about online wooing or nude pictures more and more Nigerians should speak up against these tribalistic or religious intolerance encouraging posts .
Just my two cents
Thank you
I think they fall under point number 6....

BTW it's me cutehector
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by SweetieConstie(f): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
.......OP is correct! Guilty of None... cool
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2016
JOAN11:
quilty of offence number 1...accepted a relationship from an unknown,becos i was naive and very deeply inlove with him on fb..it went well for a very long time even after our several meetins...he was in uniben and i was in lagos..hes now in turkey and am in unben..it was fun expecially after i gained admission..but now its ol storey and we ve moved on
aww... well, it's all for the best. I believe you've moved on
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Iamthoney(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2016
donbenedict:
sadNow, in all my years of being active on social media, there are a lot of habits most people (including myself) do but in this post, I will list seven of them that are common so that we can learn from our mistakes and eliminate regrets. Let us tell ourselves the truth for once and put the devil to shame.

Asking Someone out on Social media

Really? Like seriously? sad this is the most silly of them all... People who do this really have a lot of issues to settle. Ah mean, if I were a girl and u as guy asks me out on social media to be ur girlfrnd, I'd totally look at u as someone who doesn't hav confidence in wooing someone physically. Take it or leave it, Its laughable. Here are my reasons, such relationship won't even last because during times of conflict, the person who wooed won't take the "wooee" seriously. For those that find this method to b easy for them, I advise u, if u really want smth real, if u have respect for the guy or girl u wooing, please ask him or out physically so that it can enable u to see their body languages and the person who u are asking out will know that u are a serious minded person.

Having romantic feelings/crushing for someone on social media who you haven't met physically with yet

Ah mean doesn't this seem so awkward to u? Or should I say laughable? Of course yes the person's comments, online personality, the calls, romantic online gestures will really send butterflies to ur stomach buh heeeeeeey, slow down! You just haven't met the person yet for goodness sakes! U dnt knw his/her offline personality yet! He or she may not even be the kind of person u imagined to be. He/she might even hav bad breath issues! Yes! Or even worse. So, u gota hold on with that feelings first, meet them in person, have a few dates, den u will be sure to proceed with the love u hav already nutured up for him/her. To be frank, a good number of ladies crush on lalasticlala! Buh have dey seen what he looks like? Noooooo! Nw tell me, isn't dat silly? wink

Giving way too much info abt ur personal life on social media

The reasons for this aren't far fetched. Now if I happen to have a misunderstanding with a nairalander and they happen to knw from ur posts that u aren't what u seem to be, they will literally use that evidence against u! And I'm very sure u don't want that. For those spilling way to info abt themselves in their e-diaries, pls watch it. K? wink

Misjudging someone's online personality as their offline personality

Now just because happen to post nutty, pervy, rash, erm u knw, posing as some sort of bad dude doesn't mean I'm a player offline. Hey! Don't get misguided. A lot of online personalities are really not what they are offline, until u meet them in person den u can actually come to conclusions.

Regarding everyone as Jobless on social media

Hey! Dnt be silly! Because mr A's presence online is frequent at intervals doesn't mean u should call him/her jobless.. Since you have been monitoring their online activities, who do u think is more jobless? Think befor u act!

Posting Uncivilized/unpolite/rude comments on social media

If u think you are really matured, please ignorance is the best answer. Its silly to exchange rude words with people online. If u are wise, u will keep quiet.

Posting unclad pictures of yourself/your friend, or your sibling on social media

incase u didn't knw, its very silly to do that. There is provision for ur personal pics to be displayed in ur profile! Some people create threads and upload their pics or pics of their friends or siblings and demand for opinions on how pretty/handsome they look. Now isn't that silly? Eh? Answer me!

I do all you that you mentioned up there but that doesn't make me silly offline you dig? Thank you
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 16, 2016
cruzita:

indeed
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by EColeJnr: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2016
SweetieConstie:
.......OP is correct! Guilty of Nada... cool
One question!

Are you a feminist?
Why not also tell her to leave me alone.
Fair right?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2016
Iamthoney:
I do all you that you mentioned up there but that doesn't make me silly offline you dig? Thank you
pls ur answer falls in my point number 4... I am not misjudging ur online personality! wink
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Iamthoney(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2016
donbenedict:
pls ur answer falls in my point number 4... I am not misjudging ur online personality! wink
People like me most times do all you mentioned just for the fun of it and also to get needed attention
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by SweetieConstie(f): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
One question!
Are you a feminist? Why not also tell her to leave me alone. Fair right?
Fixed!wink

Read further and saw she was also guilty... Have a nice day!
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by hemartins(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2016
cruzita:

Ma'am, you serious about this. I don't mind learning from you.
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by EColeJnr: 10:15am On Jun 16, 2016
SweetieConstie:
Fixed!wink

Read further and saw she was also guilty... Have a nice day!
And you too smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2016
Iamthoney:
People like me most times do all you mentioned just for the fun of it and also to get needed attention
cool but it will be silly for people to think u are jobless offline wink just because u are bored at that moment
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Pinkieblue(f): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
Fernandowski:
stupid guys posting on girl's facebook timeline

they be like 'thanks for accepting my friend request '

'thanks for the acceptance '

'thanks for the acceptation '

'thank you my angle (not even angel)'

'thanks for accepting.... may God shower blessings upon your family '

For what fuckin reason??

This got me laughing and crying at the same time....... Especially the may God shower blessings upon your family
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 16, 2016
donbenedict:
I think they fall under point number 6....

BTW it's me cutehector
Hey Hector where you been ? smiley
Why the different user ID?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by TheSociopath(m): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
@OP i agree with some of your points, but the point made about asking someone out on social media is faultiristic. Now let me incucate someting into your thinking depot. The interntet has made life possible and things easiable to homo sapiens. some of the difficulties our fore fathers had in looking for a right partner has been gangastali eliminated through social platform. You know in life, it is not every lady that you see on a daily basics that can be a good wife and girlfriend to you. sometimes that particular lady you chat with on social media might be the right one for you, so its not bad if after having been friends with her, you then decided to ask her out because in the long run, you will be doing yourself good becaus she might turn out to be your perfect partner. This has nothing to do with no having self confidence because after you ask her out, you will still need to display confidential inbuild characters to her. it is even the confidence that you have that will make you ask her out.

Nigga you trying too hard. Use simple English to save yourself from stress
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Pinkieblue(f): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2016
TheSociopath:

Nigga you trying too hard. Use simple English to save yourself from stress

Lmao.....

U sef dey pity the guy
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by donbenedict(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2016
jenigurl:

Hey Hector where you been ? smiley
Why the different user ID?
smiley been great tho, just my MSc program been keeping me busy..

Well I broke one of d rules so I got banned there. wink

hope u doing great?
Re: 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media by Coolguy89(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Fernandowski:
e dey vex me ehhh

that's where you will see ENGLISH RECONFIGURATION
haahaha and English BOMBARDMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Wap Manual Settings / Easybuy Phone Of 50k Stolen After One Wk Purchase On Credit / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.