Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers (20408 Views)

‘Adeosun Suspended Gwarzo For Not Stopping Oando Forensic Audit’ - DailyTrust / Rivers Rerun: Drones Wike & PDP Bought To Prevent Rigging (Pics) / Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by slynat(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
I hope they also have plans to train personnel who will manage it.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Ryda(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
Make I hear say dem fit maintain am
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by princetom1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
pacretus:
are you in the force?how did u know,they hav no maintainance culture..some nigerians saying what they don't know since the wrong marriage of 1914 between south and northern nigeria that produced a bastard federal rep of nigeria.

What are u yarning? Maybe u don't live in Nigeria sha. All the equipment they have are like poo after 6 month, I taya
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by anonimi: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
princetom1:
Am just like other guys before me here? Who will maintain it? Who will operate it? Like the CCTVs we only heard they bought, we never heard anything else apart from that

That is where free and COMPULSORY education comes in.
Unfortunately, Buhari and all his APC people have no record on that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by general1970: 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why not use the drones to locate Boko-Haram, Fulani herdsmen and NDA hideouts that are destroying the nation or you need drones to track a phone call from kidnappers? All you need is good GPS networking in all perpherals of the country to track their calling locations. Nigeria sef dem think say everybody na fool sha. Another way to embezzle money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by edorhe14(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nigerian police So the days of Over - Over are gone.
I just hope this isnt lip service.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by kingthreat(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
teebaxy:
Hmmm, this is absolute wastage, all this can't work in a rigid country like Nigeria. Boys will still find a way of manipulating the Device...soteee d device go dey work for d boys insteadnof working for d police.

Lets be optimistic. Kidnapping is too much on the rise
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
photoshoot:

So they shouldn't buy it?
Sometimes the way we Nigerians reason,
Na us go first complain say they no buy,
When they buy, we go say maintenance issue,
What exactly do we want from our leaders sef?

Cause to me, Nigerians can't and can never be satisfied. undecided

Why not give them benefit of doubt and let's be positive that they would maintain it. Hian
Why our cctv pack up?
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by DeRay98(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
qualityovenbake:
For decades, Nigeria government has been running its police force without a proper forensic department, how will they reduce or forestall crime rate? Thank God we are starting to do things right.

Exactly my thoughts, I believe there are too many lawyers in the police rather than scientists.Hence, they look for easy convictions by torturing suspects to extract confessions. Police needs scientists from all fields of sciences, ie, chemists,botanists, zoologists, physicists, microbiologists, paramedics, nurses, psychology, psychiatry etc. Who should then be trained on their roles in crime detection and investigations. Perhaps, things might get better...just perhaps. All those top officers who rose to their ranks on the platform of corruption might not let things work.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Ignatio(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Good beginning.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by femicyrus(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
as soon as police officer's faces are showing from crime scene finger prints, the machine will pack up
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by hardbody: 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
photoshoot:

So they shouldn't buy it?
Sometimes the way we Nigerians reason,
Na us go first complain say they no buy,
When they buy, we go say maintenance issue,
What exactly do we want from our leaders sef?

Cause to me, Nigerians can't and can never be satisfied. undecided

Why not give them benefit of doubt and let's be positive that they would maintain it. Hian

....but we have been giving them since na

It always ended or remained as doubts....
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Starlet50(m): 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Thumbs up

Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by eleko1: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Those Eastside pipu go credit this achievement to the SHOELESS ONE undecided.Sai Baba DAURA cool
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by rottennaija(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
Love Machine:
How can they utilize it?Besides the police don't have maintenance culture.

Don't be pessimistic, we are trying to get where we are going. It's a good development that should be applauded
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Starships4u(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
9ja
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by princetom1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
anonimi:

That is where free and COMPULSORY education comes in.
Unfortunately, Buhari and all his APC people have no record on that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57

I don't get the gist. Over over.
But serioulsly, we don't have maintenance culture here, be it police or any other government agency
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by qualityovenbake(m): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
DeRay98:

Exactly my thoughts, I believe there are too many lawyers in the police rather than scientists.Hence, they look for easy convictions by torturing suspects to extract confessions. Police needs scientists from all fields of sciences, ie, chemists,botanists, zoologists, physicists, microbiologists, paramedics, nurses, psychology, psychiatry etc. Who should then be trained on their roles in crime detection and investigations. Perhaps, things might get better...just perhaps. All those top officers who rose to their ranks on the platform of corruption might not let things work.
I just hope they get it right this time because they haven't started policing anyone or properties without a functioning forensic department in every Sate in the country

1 Like

Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
qualityovenbake:
For decades, Nigeria government has been running its police force without a proper forensic department, how will they reduce or forestall crime rate? Thank God we are starting to do things right.

Finally, the government has done the right thing! There should be at least 2 more of such facilities in the country for effective investigation of crimes.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Today is 15th June by 1st July ask dem of those equipments. U will findout that some will be sold, some traded for 20naira others will spoil...... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by lukxman(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
is it going to show roja collectors?
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by cutekhalifa(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Monitoring drones with epileptic power supply

This government is a joke
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by callmelanner(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
teebaxy:
Hmmm, this is absolute wastage, all this can't work in a rigid country like Nigeria. Boys will still find a way of manipulating the Device...soteee d device go dey work for d boys insteadnof working for d police.
So what are you implying?
That it isn't a welcome development? undecided
Thank God not everyone reason like u
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by qualityovenbake(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
CFCman:

Finally, the government has done the right thing! There should be at least 2 more of such facilities in the country for effective investigation of crimes.
Yeah, 2 more facilities will do just fine, while in the long run its necessary to install/build this facility in every State of the Federation.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Enyimbamercedes: 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Waste of money! The police don't even understand how finger printing works. My sisters house was robbed and a car taken. We tracked the car to somewhere around Jabi and police didn't even let us near it till 'forensics' arrived. They came with their black powder and brushes, dusting and lifting prints. I approached an officer and asked against what database they'll run the prints to get a match. He said "oga you no know how this thing dey work. We go put the prints inside one machine and e go bring out the full picture of the owner". I just allowed them to fool themselves with their black powder and get out.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by pacretus(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
princetom1:

What are u yarning? Maybe u don't live in Nigeria sha. All the equipment they have are like poo after 6 month, I taya
no i dey live for 3rd heaven.mtcheew.some police police wielding rusty guns tattered helmets and kits doesn't mean the ogas @ the top are same.for ur info,there are med dr.engineers.lawyers and other professions in the force. these are not just sensitine equipments but highly sensitive.they know what it means to have them and put them to work.any ,ake i no defend police sha.
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Ismahill(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Love Machine:
Dey no sabi maintain government properties except ťheirs.
dm still dy maintain d car wey dm gv dm na......
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by LordVoldemort(m): 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
cheesy grin

Laff is seriously catching me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Forensics Lab Kwa!

No wahala.

But where is the forensics database you will be testing against?

Abi Naija don get my DNA for database? undecided

Did you finish reading before you decide to display your ignorance? If not go back and read it because It already answer your question
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by Suntzung: 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oga Arase THE Maintenance Culture Of NPF is damn poor, do something on it please NAGODE!
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by viktohmarkz(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
nice one from the police oh...buh am sure the DPO would take some drones to his home as toy for his children, as a present(wireless remote control toy) trust me.
thumbs up to them because na still them go carry give our able aba boys to work on am.
nice one NPF
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
LordVoldemort:

Did you finish reading before you decide to display your ignorance? If not go back and read it because It already answer your question

Oh OK. Let me check grin
Re: Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers by engineerboat(m): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
Will this help in the PRESIDENCY ULTIMATE SEARCH for PMB certificate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militants Bomb Agip Pipeline In Imo / Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola / Imo Releases State Budget First Time Since 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.