Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme (539 Views)

Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by maximunimpact(m): 5:47am On Jun 16, 2016
The Federal Government has appropriated 93 Billion Naira to fund the first phase of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme.

Contrary to uninformed reports, the State Governments are NOT compelled to contribute to the scheme. Their contribution is welcome but not mandatory.

States will be active participants in the Home Grown School Feeding Programme, however, their counterpart funding is not required to start the programme’s implementation. Willing states are however encouraged to complement the programme so it can reach more pupils.

This 1st phase of this programme will commence this year in 18 states. Three (3) from the six (6) geo political zones.

5.5 million school children will be fed for 200 school days in 18 states across Nigeria.

Besides fully funding the programme for pupils in primaries 1-3, the Federal Government will also provide technical assistance that will allow states design their context-specific state owned models. The assistance comes with partner experience and support in key areas of health education and agriculture, allowing the managers of the program to understand the concept of the “home grown” school feeding.

At the end of four years, we are hoping that the Home Grown School Feeding Initiative will be feeding 20 million primary school pupils.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/16/fg-appropriated-93-billion-naira-first-phase-school-feeding-programme/

Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 16, 2016
God bless you PMB. Wailers, see una life!! If you are not happy , you know what to hug!!

1 Like

Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by maximunimpact(m): 5:52am On Jun 16, 2016
The ground work (not paper work numbo jumbo) has been done by Kemi Adeosun and team, (that finance minister is my role model) and the economy will take a great acceleration in the coming months. God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by vikacydevato(m): 6:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Hope the whole process will be well monitored?

1 Like

Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by greatiyk4u(m): 6:04am On Jun 16, 2016
From now on wards na so so good news we go dey see here about this Government!
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by wunmi590(m): 6:06am On Jun 16, 2016
Another opportunity to loot, i bet this program will not last long.

2 Likes

Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by amtaken(f): 6:10am On Jun 16, 2016
I will personally go to different schools to inspect the food and see if the programme is worth it or not.
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by megama: 6:14am On Jun 16, 2016
sad
maximunimpact:
The Federal Government has appropriated 93 Billion Naira to fund the first phase of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme.

Contrary to uninformed reports, the State Governments are NOT compelled to contribute to the scheme. Their contribution is welcome but not mandatory.

States will be active participants in the Home Grown School Feeding Programme, however, their counterpart funding is not required to start the programme’s implementation. Willing states are however encouraged to complement the programme so it can reach more pupils.

This 1st phase of this programme will commence this year in 18 states. Three (3) from the six (6) geo political zones.

5.5 million school children will be fed for 200 school days in 18 states across Nigeria.

Besides fully funding the programme for pupils in primaries 1-3, the Federal Government will also provide technical assistance that will allow states design their context-specific state owned models. The assistance comes with partner experience and support in key areas of health education and agriculture, allowing the managers of the program to understand the concept of the “home grown” school feeding.

At the end of four years, we are hoping that the Home Grown School Feeding Initiative will be feeding 20 million primary school pupils.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/16/fg-appropriated-93-billion-naira-first-phase-school-feeding-programme/
can I know the names of the state's benefiting, but why not 36 states.
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by seunlayi(m): 6:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by Amaso99(m): 6:19am On Jun 16, 2016
I HATE this their feeding program! Does't make sense
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by LordVoldemort(m): 6:20am On Jun 16, 2016
They should appropriate some money for the children of hate on Nairaland also. Let see if hunger is the reason for their wailing
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by code11(m): 6:21am On Jun 16, 2016
What a waste of resources. Pls who needs this kind of program. ?
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by maximunimpact(m): 6:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Amaso99:
I HATE this their feeding program! Does't make sense

Stop hating already!

1 Like

Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by emerged01(m): 6:50am On Jun 16, 2016
megama:
sadcan I know the names of the state's benefiting, but why not 36 states.

I guess PDP states are not willing to cooperate.
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by cutesmilez(f): 6:53am On Jun 16, 2016
wrong step in the right direction
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by cutesmilez(f): 6:53am On Jun 16, 2016
wrong step in the right direction
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by megama: 9:35am On Jun 16, 2016
emerged01:

I guess PDP states are not willing to cooperate.
guesinnnn
Re: FG Appropriates 93 Billion Naira For First Phase Of School Feeding Programme by emerged01(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2016
megama:
guesinnnn
My guess is going to be right. Watch how it plays out.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-militants Issue Oil Firms 14 Days To Quit Rivers Communities / See Nigerian Igbo Claim Boko Haram / Breaking News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.