Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (26622 Views)

FG Develops Home Made Biscuits For School Feeding Programme / Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said that the school feeding programme of the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government must be done without the proposed 40 per cent counterpart funding from States.

He said the Federal Government was already looking for an excuse for the impending failure of the programme by asking states to contribute 40 per cent to the scheme.

The governor, who said his state was interested in the scheme, added that the school feeding programme was purely a contract between the APC-led Federal Government and Nigerians.

“Were the States consulted before the APC made the promise during the presidential campaign? How can you make a promise and win election on the basis of that promise and now expect States to help you to fulfil the promise? That to me is fraud!”

Fayose in a statement issued on Sunday by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said Ekiti and other states in the country deserved to benefit from the programme without assisting the federal government with any 40 per cent counterpart funding.

“Apart from the fact that Ekiti State lacked the financial wherewithal to provide counterpart fund for such a programme, it is the duty of President Muhammadu Buhari and his APC that won election on the basis of their promise to give free meal to school pupils to fulfil the promise without placing any burden on other tiers of government.”

The governor said the APC should rather blame itself for failing to do a proper study on the practicability of the scheme before promising Nigerians instead of looking for who to blame for not fulfilling the school feeding promise.

“The federal government knows that 80 per cent of the states lack the financial will to be able to contribute the 40 per cent counterpart fund for the programme and the time the programme eventually fails, Nigerians will be told that it failed because States did not key in to it.

“As for us in Ekiti, we are interested in the programme because Nigeria belongs to all of us. But we won’t contribute any counterpart fund because the programme is solely an electoral promise of the APC and we were never consulted before the promise was made.

“We don’t even have the capability to make any financial contribution even if it is 10 per cent because our financial condition is such that we can’t even pay workers salary,” Fayose said.

Source:

http://www.punchng.com/wont-contribute-school-feeding-fayose-tells-fg/

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
I support him on this ... fayose's face wasn't on the scam billboard below

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by Poorboy: 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lol
Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by kenny987(f): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Very good. This is the absolute responsibility of the FG. No Nigerian should be deceived when these APC liars come out tomorrow n declare d clueless, unrealistic and impracticable feeding program a failure because state governments did not provide counterpart funding.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by kutchs: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Fayose on point as usual.
Why force states to help you fulfil a promise they weren't part of?

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by modath(f): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
I can't fault Fayose for this, he made no promise, he can't be held accountable! Dazall. cool

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by Adminisher: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
It is a 2019 campaign trap. The APC states will enjoy it and in the next elections they will use it against PDP and Fayose.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by brownlord: 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Okay, but whatever happened to all analysis obiageli, passingshot, Omenka, berem and other APC paid agent made on Nairaland, on how the APC govt will generate funds to sustain this project and even pay them 5k monthly?

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by ckmayoca: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
State govs that r yet to pay salary to start adding 40% to feed sch kids? Mehn. This is to cripple the states further and means for the teachers to go home with bags of rice.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by MalcoImX: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Why is Buhari not recognizing this man's existence? Maybe Buhari has listened to Fela's "A fool at forty is a fool forever."

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
The laudable school feeding programme should be undertaken solely by the federal government. The federal government gets a larger share of oil revenue than state governments. They should ,therefore, not be yoked with this policy.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by CecyAdrian(f): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lol, According to him, agreement was between Nigeria and APC, is Fayose trying to tell us that Ekiti state is not part of Nigeria?

Well, Buhari is the head of Nigeria now, and he happens also to be a member of APC who even initiated the idea, and as the leader of Nigeria, he agrees to what APC proposed on behalf of Nigerians, so Fayose have no choice but to fall into line, excerpt he wants to move his state to Sudan.

Imagine him saying he is interested in the programme but his state will not contribute cheesy cheesy Joker!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by MalcoImX: 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
ckmayoca:
State govs that r yet to pay salary to start adding 40% to feed sch kids? Mehn. This is to cripple the states further and means for the teachers to go home with bags of rice.
They have no reason not to pay worker's salary.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by A7(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
I never imagine Fayose will reject 60% subsidized food. Just recently he wrote a letter complaining about dwindling federal allocation and the effect it has on his only "know how", stomach infrastructure, which is also the only reason his praise singers keep telling us brought him back to power.

A governor that turned his state into an I.D.P camp rejecting free food while giving out free food is the only thing he does is a very obfuscating and mind boggling development.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by brownlord: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Lol, According to him, agreement was between Nigeria and APC, is Fayose trying to tell us that Ekiti state is not part of Nigeria?

Well, Buhari is the head of Nigeria now, and he happens also to be a member of APC who even initiated the idea, and as the leader of Nigeria, he agrees to what APC proposed on behalf of Nigerians, so Fayose have no choice but to fall into line, excerpt he wants to move his state to Sudan.

Imagine him saying he is interested in the programme but his state will not contribute cheesy cheesy Joker!

Must you comment even when you have nothing sensible to say?

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by ckmayoca: 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
MalcoImX:
They have no reason not to pay worker's salary.

Na u talk ham.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by JoSaintiago: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Abiola shud go nd die wen gej want to immortalise him lagosian refused now dey want all Nija to do,they shud rename dat public toilet at ojota after him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by yungpowers(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Fayose my role model, Abia state Ikpeazu should copy that.

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by CecyAdrian(f): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
brownlord:

Must you comment even when you have nothing sensible to say?

And have you said anything sensible now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by djlawex02(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Shoro niyen? Please think before you type.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by babadee1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
On this one Fayose is right. This one along with 5k per month for indigent persons, those were stupid campaign promises.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by ascek(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Well, Buhari is the head of Nigeria now, and he happens also to be a member of APC who even initiated the idea, and as the leader of Nigeria, he agrees to what APC proposed on behalf of Nigerians, so Fayose have no choice but to fall into line, excerpt he wants to move his state to Sudan.NJ

Read it again without sentiment and comment. You obviously have comprehension problem.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by papayeye: 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
Precisely, the APC should not try and form Commando. They should cough out 100% of the money needed to fund their futile School funding scam. No state governor should contribute a dime to the charade. APC FG carry your load.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by 989900: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
If true, he is right on this.

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by onexile: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
The type of Political fraud APC and Buhari has introduced into this country is legendary!

No wonder all the archival criminals came together and assembled in APC.

Fraudulent Organization!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by DeWorlex45(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
CecyAdrian:

. U are d real joker here mehn. Anyway by deir comment u shl knw them,.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by mrvitalis(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
dose he even know the powers of the fedral government??
Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by obailala(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Of course this shouldn't be mandatory for every state to join.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by greatiyk4u(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dodging responsibility as usual, we understand u can't even pay salaries talk more of paying part of the feeding program

Na fear dey catch you oga Gofano

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by Dcomrade(m): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said that the school feeding programme of the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government must be done without the proposed 40 per cent counterpart funding from States.

He said the Federal Government was already looking for an excuse for the impending failure of the programme by asking states to contribute 40 per cent to the scheme.

The governor, who said his state was interested in the scheme, added that the school feeding programme was purely a contract between the APC-led Federal Government and Nigerians.

“Were the States consulted before the APC made the promise during the presidential campaign? How can you make a promise and win election on the basis of that promise and now expect States to help you to fulfil the promise? That to me is fraud!”

Fayose in a statement issued on Sunday by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said Ekiti and other states in the country deserved to benefit from the programme without assisting the federal government with any 40 per cent counterpart funding.

“Apart from the fact that Ekiti State lacked the financial wherewithal to provide counterpart fund for such a programme, it is the duty of President Muhammadu Buhari and his APC that won election on the basis of their promise to give free meal to school pupils to fulfil the promise without placing any burden on other tiers of government.”

The governor said the APC should rather blame itself for failing to do a proper study on the practicability of the scheme before promising Nigerians instead of looking for who to blame for not fulfilling the school feeding promise.

“The federal government knows that 80 per cent of the states lack the financial will to be able to contribute the 40 per cent counterpart fund for the programme and the time the programme eventually fails, Nigerians will be told that it failed because States did not key in to it.

“As for us in Ekiti, we are interested in the programme because Nigeria belongs to all of us. But we won’t contribute any counterpart fund because the programme is solely an electoral promise of the APC and we were never consulted before the promise was made.

“We don’t even have the capability to make any financial contribution even if it is 10 per cent because our financial condition is such that we can’t even pay workers salary,” Fayose said.

Source:

http://www.punchng.com/wont-contribute-school-feeding-fayose-tells-fg/

The way Prof. Osinbajo analyzed the possibility of APC fulfilling this campaign promise before the elections was the same way the current Minister of darkness told us 24/7 power supply wasn't rocket science........ undecided

Well, Fayose has said it all......no further comment.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by AgreatMan: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Fayose and noise making. How come he accepted the bailout funds from the FG? If the feeding program was an APC arrangement and he wouldn't participate; the bailout is equally an APC initiative and he shouldn't hv taken part in the money sharing.

They show their face when it's time to eat and go into hiding when it's time to take responsibility.

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG by Dcomrade(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
Same way FG will compel states to contribute to the funding of 500,000 teachers.

They may even threaten Banks to fund their promise of paying unemployed/less privileged Nigerians 5k monthly stipends.

Listening to APC lies can result to ear infection undecided

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi / Nigeria Appointed Acting President UN General Assembly / Buhari Completes Abandoned Urasi Bridge Connecting Anambra And Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.