Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer (22145 Views)

See Why PHCN Is Dismissing Officials Over Prepaid Meter / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:
Who said APC is Bad.all y'all have comprehension issues.what I meant is those PHCN guys are trying to undermine Buhari anti corruption regime.haba,Zombie oh zombie,zombie oh zombie.
Everyone has comprehension issue except you Professor. Insipid chimpanzee!
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by invectives(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Symphony1:

Everyone has comprehension issue except you Professor. Insipid chimpanzee!
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:
Thanks and God bless.
After insulting, u hav suddenly becom saint? You are a true Nigerian. anyways thanks
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by deniyor: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
flyca:

In modern power systems, UG cablings are made to be so robust that they hardly need maintenance. Fault Analysis are simulated (computer based) and pulses sent through the underground lines to detect where the line is open circuited. So you don't need to dig up a while lot of earth to identify fault area.
The pros of UG cabling far outweighs the cons.

I disagree on the pros outweighing the cons. While yes, it is possible to do a HiPot test on HV cables to determine which ones are faulty, I'm not so sure about it pointing out the very location of damage. Now you might be referring to some other tests I do not know at this time, I still maintain there is a lot of costs and maintenance involved in U/G cabling. Think about the process involved in doing a fault analysis on a cable. I'd imagine you'd have to ensure first it is disconnected on one end, and that would be some work for larger sized HV cables. Then there is the amount of trenching involved in installing or repairing UG cables. That cost can be enormous. There is also the issue involved with other buried services and expensive checks in the area to ensure that you do not damage other buried services in area.
In a less regulated society and less technologically advanced country like Nigeria, you'd be posing a serious safety risk to the public.

All I am saying is, there is a lot more on the decision to go underground on cables. In some cases, it would make perfect sense, in others, it may need some more examination before proceeding.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by invectives(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2016
invectives:
This happened a week ago,Transformer got damaged from a thunder strike.

PHCN officials haven't come to fix it,why?cos the neighborhood is now using fix prepaid meters.(pay as you go) so according to them,"nothing for us again".

Is this how to effect the change mantra of the current APC no nonsense zero Corruption regime?.please if any PHCN official is reading this,kindly impress on your colleagues here in NKemba axis Uyo to do the needful.

Thank!!!!
Thanks @ Seun and lalasticlala,light was fixed after 36hrs of making this post a front-page piece.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada Rider Electrocuted To Death In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTOS) / "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments / Any Spiritual Implication For A 29yr-Old Sharing Bed With Her Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.