Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (6809 Views)

80% Of Girls Are Guilty Of This. / Tell Me You Are Not Guilty Of These - Photo / Top 10 Annoying Lines Nigerian Guys Use To Woo Ladies ... Guilty Or Not Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by EzePromoe: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2016
[b]It seems there is a trending issue (which in reality isn't an issue at all) which has been gearing it's head to fulfil it's aim, which is to distract attention from the main aim of this contest. Yesterday, one of the famous Miss NL contestants, called Ivyy was accused of plagiarism. Though accusation holds no water but surprisingly, this has been made more than just an issue but an overstretching one. Seeing this as no issue, it would have been wise letting this slide but the fact that Seun suggested a disqualification and Dygeasy passing her off as a disappointment though not in critical term (more like indirectly) unsettles me. Before I continue, I want you to know that I do not belong to Ivyy's campaign team. You can refer to my siggy for more details.

Actually, the said plagiarized quote was made by the country's CBN governor, not even a fellow contestant or a fellow NLder. Here is the article in quote,

In the developed nation’s when currencies are
devalued,
it is to encourage exports, because
the prices of local products serve as an
incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the
process, they earn foreign exchange, increase
production and create additional jobs.
Unfortunately, that is not the position with
Nigeria.

In my opinion, Emefiele's idea of devaluation is that the cause it is intended to serve is not feasible with a country like Nigeria as it is the case for developed countries.

Conversely, Ivyy is asked if this devaluation is a step in the right direction for Nigeria, and she answers;

Ideally, devaluing the naira is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, we earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs.
Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria as we are an import dependent country.
Just today, there was a tactical devaluation of our
currency leaving a free floating naira and this should be advantageous to the economy in the long run.

Obviously, we can all see that Ivyy was saying almost the opposite of what Emefiele said (with emphasis on the underlined). It is only those with low IQ that will still go on castigating her as a plagiarist because to them, the English word "incentive" is too posh to be used by anyone. What if I'm asked to issue a statement on the aftermath effect of the pipeline vandalism going on in the Niger Delta, and I give the answer anyone would give that "it would lower our export output, and will have a long time negative effect on the average Niger Deltan agricultural life", if this coincidentally happens to be what Lai Mohammed had said earlier without me seeing it, does that pass me off as a plagiarist?

Instead of making a mountain out of a mole,why not concentrate your minds on other salient points she raised during her interview. For me, here is her most captivating piece.

In my opinion presiding over a country goes beyond having a 'certificate' (which is paramount by the way), it has to do with understanding the way a country works, the driving force of a typical Nigerian on the streets, the working structure already existing.
Of course, having a certificate is a prerequisite for
becoming a president, but it should not be the deciding factor on the leadership capabilities, economically soundness and emotional clearness needed for a leader of a great nation such as Nigeria. Robert Mugabe is currently the world's most educated president while Abraham Lincoln is one American least educated president. Between the two of them, who would you rather have govern Nigeria right now?

[/b]
cool

2 Likes

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by obiorathesubtle: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2016
oooooohmmmmm!

E don do naaa..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Ok.....

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Laveda(f): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2016
undecided not again..
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Chai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by onstelly(f): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2016
Enough of all this nah, haba make the poor girl rest abegi

1 Like

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by ErnieSmallzz(f): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2016
so Op u expect me to read all that? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by EzePromoe: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2016
Exactly my point. Let's let her be! The plagiarism allegation holds no water.
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by EzePromoe: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
so Op u expect me to read all that? undecided

Don't be lazy bae, it's not that long if you take off the quotes. wink
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Blayze007(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Overflogged..
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by rosy4u(f): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Op, why create another thread when dis issue has

been resolved in d other recent thread ? C'mon angry

Let Ivvy rest bikonu
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Dygeasy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
Eze Promoe, you mentioned me and said something I did unsettled you. Kindly elucidate.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
rosy4u:
Op, why create another thread when dis issue has

been resolved in d other recent thread ? C'mon angry

Let Ivvy rest bikonu
They should kuku go and kidnap her naa! grin
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by rosy4u(f): 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

They should kuku go and kidnap her naa! grin

Abi oo grin grin grin
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by SweetieConstie(f): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
oooooohmmmmm!

E don do naaa..

Lmao!!! Biko, tell them ooo!! grin

The guy in the meme though...gringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by sexymoma(f): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
yeye dey smell angry
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by TamedWolf90: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Still don't get what you are saying cause the two pictures you posted to back up your argument are exactly the same thing.... Wetin you dy even talk sef?
Mr Promo, Mr promoter, mr I sabi , Mr una don finish,make I start my own, Mr i type in colours, Mr make colours blind their eyes, Mr I don't support Ivyy, Mr Eze of no Kingdom!!!!!
You have joined Gang
You have joined Fulani Herdsmen Gang

8 Likes

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by repogirl(f): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
undecided....

1 Like

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Swissheart(f): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
Not again!
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by RoyalBlak007: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by CrudeGold: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
onstelly:
Enough of all this nah, haba make the poor girl rest abegi

Pretender! You're acting like you don't know Refiner's team (your team) led by KingInValhala ( Biafrabushboy,thagift ), Maxi112 (Senibo1) and Repogirl started the attacks on Ivyy.
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by CrudeGold: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
TamedWolf90:
Still don't get what you are saying cause the two pictures you posted to back up your argument are exactly the same thing.... Wetin you dy even talk sef?
Mr Promo, Mr promoter, mr I sabi , Mr una don finish,make I start my own, Mr i type in colours, Mr make colours blind their eyes, Mr I don't support Ivyy, Mr Eze of no Kingdom!!!!!
You have joined Gang
You have joined Fulani Herdsmen Gang

Don't mind that attention seeker who's looking for opportunities to campaign for his candidate that we don't even know.

Grandpa Ezepromoe, leave young people alone!
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by dollyjoy(f): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by CrudeGold: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
thagift:
@ ezepromoe
even her member stated that they answered the question for her including others, so what do you call that?

They even claimed Ivyy wrote the Naij.com article. Can you imagine?!
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by TamedWolf90: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

Don't mind that attention seeker who's looking for opportunities to campaign for his candidate that we don't even know.

Grandpa Ezepromoe, leave young people alone!
On the contrary, I suggest you keep your ears to the ground for his candidate...
She is one hell of an individual..
She is one contestant who deserves the CROWN.
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by repogirl(f): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

Pretender! You're acting like you don't know Refiner's team (your team) led by KingInValhala ( Biafrabushboy,thagift ), Maxi112 (Senibo1) and Repogirl started the attacks on Ivyy.
Hey liar.

Why are you people on Ivy.y's team such liars? Falconey made the discovery and first accusation.

When it came to my notice, I was mega pissed that the mods were closing the threads over such an offence, trying to hide it and so I took it up seriously.

This is not my first, second or even third fight against plagiarists. You can check my history if you like.

This is not a witch hunt,or smear campaign, Iv.yy did something wrong and thats it.

4 Likes

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by Youngpo413: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
All these on top some useless contest wey no make sense at all, why can't they just cancel this shiit, ladies are their worst enemies, they will always find a way to bring down each other... Miss nairaland my foot.

1 Like

Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by onstelly(f): 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

Lmao calm down bro, lemme get this whole ish straight
First thagit isn't in my group
Secondly I am not a pretender
Thirdly please don't giv yourself hbp cause of all these oh!
And which attack if I may ask?
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by timsonpreye(m): 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
angry angryIts enough, leave d poor gal alone
Re: Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism by CrudeGold: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
repogirl:
Hey liar.

Why are you people on Ivyy team such liars? Falconey made the discovery and first accusation.

When it came to my notice, I was mega pissed that the mods were closing the threads over such an offence, trying to hide it and so I took it up seriously.

This is not my first, second or even third fight against plagiarists. You can check my history if you like.

This is not a witch hunt,or smear campaign, Ivyy did something wong and thats it.

Madam, we agree that Ivyy plagiarized the article and that her team messed up by lying to us that Ivyy is the author of the article on Naij.com .

That agreed, it is also a fact that those who've been creating various threads to shame Ivyy are members of Refiner's team. Take responsibility for the attacks on Ivyy just as Ivyy's team have taken responsibility for plagiarism.

This is a war between Refiner's team and Ivyy's team.

Get ready.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

How To Know A Girl Who Is Doing Hookup. / She Said No To Sex, See My Response! / Five Ways You Can Get Pregnant Without Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.