Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism (20854 Views)

Kenneth Bitrus Yakubu, The Custodian Of Yakubu Andrew's $9.8million / Chief Barida Kobani, Uncle To Wike's SSG, Dumps PDP For APC (photos) / Why Is The Word 'north' Associated With Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by ijustdey: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Okafor Ofiebor/Port Harcourt

A Federal High Court in Port Harcourt, Rivers state capital has started the trial of Kenneth Kobani, Secretary of State Government of the Rivers State charged with electoral offences, breach of public peace and terrorism allegedly committed on March 19 in Gokana local Government area of the state.

Kobani is being prosecuted for alleged electoral offences by the Department of State Security, DSS.

The case has now been adjourned for further hearing till 28th September, 2016 the continuation of the trial of Secretary to the Rivers State Government.

He was accused of allegedly holding some Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials hostage during the March 19 rerun election in Gokana Local Government.

On cross examination at resumed trial, the INEC electoral officer in charge of the election in Gokana Emmanuel Isong told the court that the rerun election was disrupted in the area due to heavy shooting and explosions.

The INEC electoral officer did not indict any political party or individual for the electoral violence in Gokana.
The Secretary to the Rivers State Government Kobani, who is a lawyer and currently on bail was present in court.

In a related development, Justice Mohammad Liman of a Federal High Court in Port-Harcourt struck out a suit instituted by the PDP candidate in the March 19 rerun election for Degema Constituency Farah Dagogo.

The PDP candidate Dagogo had gone to court seeking an order compelling INEC to issue him Certificate of Return claiming that he won the election.

The court struck out the suit following an application for discontinuation of the matter by filed by counsel to Farah Dagogo.

Counsel to the Lulu Braide, the APC candidate in the Degema Constituency rerun election Emenike Ebete said the discontinuation of the case by the PDP candidate is commendable because the Federal High Court lacks the power to handle post election dispute.

Ebete also said the decision of his client Lulu Braide not to oppose the discontinuation of the matter is not an admission that Dagogo won the election.

Ebete hinted that the case would be pursued in an appropriate court, which is the Elections Petitioned tribunal in Abuja that purely set up for election matters.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/16/wikes-ssg-kenneth-kobani-charged-with-terrorism/

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by willyo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
He was accused of allegedly holding some Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials hostage during the March 19 rerun election in Gokana Local Government.
Names withheld(maybe for security purposes)

On cross examination at resumed trial, the INEC electoral officer in charge of the election in Gokana Emmanuel Isong told the court that the rerun election was disrupted in the area due to heavy shooting and explosions.
Shooters' political party anonymous
The INEC electoral officer did not indict any political party or individual for the electoral violence in Gokana.
The Secretary to the Rivers State Government Kobani, who is a lawyer and currently on bail was present in court.
Anonymous (Non-partizan)

In a related development, Justice Mohammad Liman of a Federal High Court in Port-Harcourt struck out a suit instituted by the PDP candidate in the March 19 rerun election for Degema Constituency Farah Dagogo.
What has this got to do with the report overhead? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by babyfaceafrica: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Noted
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by bettercreature(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by truthspeaks: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Aftr dis one can we now also charge fulani herdsmen for terrorism too? Cos it seems it's only crimes in d south by southerners na him buhari de quick prosecute as he has refused to declare his kinsmen frm Libya as terrorists. Buhari sef. In a related news, I heard omenka, passingshot, dropshot, modelmike7 n fellow nairaland Apc warriors were deemed 'unqualified' for d secret FIRS recruitment grin grin. Buhari sef grin

16 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by NwaNimo1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Terrorism or Politics?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by timilehin007(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizard hunting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by timilehing(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Rivers and terrorism sha
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Bubu4Sea: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
[size=13pt]This one-sided justice na wa.
No be Almajiri's vote for Buhari in the North, was anybody charged?
[/size]

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Taryur3(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Is he the only one disturbing the peace of rivers? Wey those Amechi boys too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by zulfas: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
:-XWho's masterminding undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wetin concern me
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by symbianDON(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
aaaaaaaahhh!! a KO BA NIII grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
Biko what about the APC candidate that was caught on live-cam asking for his refund after bribing some INEC officials ?
They (DSS or EFCC) won't try him for bribery & corruption abi ? ... Well I forgot he was a candidate of the " HOLY PARTY ".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by umar745(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ghen ghen
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by photoshoot(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
You say whose SSG? Wike?

You say which state? Rivers?

You say charged with? Terrorism?

Mtcheew, no be wetin Wike sabi be that? How that one take be news?

5 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by treatise: 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bubu4Sea:
[/size]

I pity this type of democracy or election captured here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by martin92(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
ok
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Splinz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
And they say this country will ever know peace with this kind of selective persecution? SMH
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by demolinka(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bubu4Sea:
[/size]

The 2nd pix, from left to right: Bala -18, Suleiman - 19, Tanko - 18, Usman - 21, Danladi - 23. Fact.

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by BossKratos: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
undecided

He might also be 1 of the "scavengers"!

South south politics na by only frata, lootery and gangsterism you fit enjoy am!
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by hannyjay(f): 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
shawka:
Biko what about the APC candidate that was caught on live-cam asking for his refund after bribing some INEC officials ?
They (DSS or EFCC) won't try him for bribery & corruption abi ? ... Well I forgot he was a candidate of the " HOLY PARTY ".
if u av any evident take it to court or forever keep shut

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
what do we do with these guys?
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
This our law process sef. How do you charge someone who only breached electoral peace with terrorism?

Make me understand
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
No be only terrorism.

Even treason.

Btw fulani herdsmen charged with grazing bill..
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bubu4Sea:
[/size]

So the PDP official in third pic allowed the "almajiris" to vote for buhari abi?

4 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by uchedydy: 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
shawka:

Those ones have also been charged to court...i heard that on radio this morning too.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by kennycalls(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
he does look like a terrorist
Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
truthspeaks:
Aftr dis one can we now also charge fulani herdsmen for terrorism too? Cos it seems it's only crimes in d south by southerners na him buhari de quick prosecute as he has refused to declare his kinsmen frm Libya as terrorists. Buhari sef. In a related news, I heard omenka, passingshot, dropshot, modelmike7 n fellow nairaland Apc warriors were deemed 'unqualified' for d secret FIRS recruitment grin grin. Buhari sef grin
........ Hey, hey, Hey Mr Truthspeaks, please I have never been an APC warrior, as I had always stated, I am not a political person, I am an individual person , as long as I believe in you, no matter the party , you are my person. In the last General Election, the President, Governor and my Local Government Chairmen I voted for were from 3 different political parties ( my friends kept on wondering when I was doing my personal unsolicited campaign for 3 guys, from 3 political parties!), cos I believe in them, and I am glad my President won. I can vouch for PMB credibility with all my life , but you will never see me talk about some of APC members in the same breathe, check all my post, I only talk good of President Buhari ALWAYS, cos I believe he is the one that can move Nigeria forward in due time, many things have gone so bad and we shouldn't expect a miracle so soon. Suffering endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Maybe where you got it all wrong by calling me an APC warrior was about my comments on how PDP raped, ransacked and looted this country, since 1999 to 2015, that is so obvious for everyone and sure there are some APC/AC politicians that looted the treasury also and I keep saying anyone found guilty, ( no matter the party ) should be brought to book. BTW, do you rememeber Tinubu was taking to court by the ICPC under Oga Jona and he was discharge and acquitted? Do you rememeber that? So I don't understand why all of you PDP wailers keep shouting that he should be investigated all over again. When an opposition took him to court and he wasn't found guilty?! If Oga Jona had jailed all the corrupt officials during his dispensation and PMB is doing that to the rotten one also, this country would have been on the way to the promised land already...... I wrote all this to clarify issue about me not being an APC warrior but an individual person ( but if you classified me with my brothers up there as a Warrior, as long as some of them support my view here, we remain brothers and change Agents together, but everyone has their view, when it comes to politics, some may be card carrying members, while I am not!) As long as you are a good person that has the people at heart, you are my person. This is for posterity sake. God bless Nigeria. I Rise !!

4 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kobani Charged With Terrorism by truthspeaks: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
No shaking. As far as it's for truth n justice but wch I believe dis govt has nt bn doing. I dnt support Pdp either or ApC but hate d fact dat d so-called corruption fight is one-sided n buhari has nt bn able to live up to his Mr integrity status. All d same...Buhari sef grin
modelmike7:
........ Hey, hey, Hey Mr Truthspeaks, please I have never been an APC warrior, as I had always stated, I am not a political person, I am an individual person , as long as I believe in you, no matter the party , you are my person. In the last General Election, the President, Governor and my Local Government Chairmen I voted for were from 3 different political parties ( my friends kept on wondering when I was doing my personal unsolicited campaign for 3 guys, from 3 political parties!), cos I believe in them, and I am glad my President won. I can vouch for PMB credibility with all my life , but you will never see me talk about some of APC members in the same breathe, check all my post, I only talk good of President Buhari ALWAYS, cos I believe he is the one that can move Nigeria forward in due time, many things have gone so bad and we shouldn't expect a miracle so soon. Suffering endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Maybe where you got it all wrong by calling me an APC warrior was about my comments on how PDP raped, ransacked and looted this country, since 1999 to 2015, that is so obvious for everyone and sure there are some APC/AC politicians that looted the treasury also and I keep saying anyone found guilty, ( no matter the party ) should be brought to book. BTW, do you rememeber Tinubu was taking to court by the ICPC under Oga Jona and he was discharge and acquitted? Do you rememeber that? So I don't understand why all of you PDP wailers keep shouting that he should be investigated all over again. When an opposition took him to court and he wasn't found guilty?! If Oga Jona had jailed all the corrupt officials during his dispensation and PMB is doing that to the rotten one also, this country would have been on the way to the promised land already...... I wrote all this to clarify issue about me not being an APC warrior but an individual person ( but if you classified me with my brothers up there as a Warrior, as long as some of them support my view here, we remain brothers and change Agents together, but everyone has their view, when it comes to politics, some may be card carrying members, while I am not!) As long as you are a good person that has the people at heart, you are my person. This is for posterity sake. God bless Nigeria. I Rise !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Prevented Mohammed Abubakar From Siphoning N11.7b Bauchi Fund - Bala / 2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Won’t Contest Against Tinubu – Daniel Bwala / Abdulrazak Namdas: I Will Support Tinubu, I care Less Who The VP Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.