Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings (7076 Views)

Nimbo Massacre: I Recorded Killing To Show My People Our Success –suspect / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community / Police Arrest Nimbo, Enugu Attackers, Recover Video Of Attack – Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by joeprince23(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
The Nimbo community, in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, has urged the Federal Government for compensation of N17 billion following suspected herdsmen invasion of the community.
Traditional ruler of the community, Chief John Akor, made the demand when he testified at the panel of inquiry into the incidence on Wednesday.
He said the sum would be a recompense for the ills suffered by members of the community.
“Our community demands a compensation of N17 billion for human losses, unlawful destruction of property and criminal deprivation of use of our farms for over two decades,” he said.
The monarch said the community also needed a traumatic hospital to rehabilitate victims of the prolonged herdsmen incursions.
Akor said that 11 people lost their lives during the April 25 invasion, while several others were injured, adding that the corpses were still at the morgues.
Akor said as a traditional ruler, he never collected any form of gratification from the herdsmen to allow them graze in the community.
Also testifying, President-General of Nimbo Town Union, Mr Mathias Ekere, said the community had coexisted peacefully with the herdsmen for over 30 years.
Matthias said that from the outset, different cattle breeders resided in their community and the people insisted that each group must have identification mark.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/nimbo-killing-community-seeks-n17bn-compensation
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by mrkings84(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
The faded government now is sick o, they can't pay such money so they should forgive them.

Come o...
Is this what they use to call ftc??
If so, where's the free gift?

2 Likes

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by saintdennis(m): 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by truthspeaks: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
grin. Buhari will tel u they r Libyans wen it comes to prosecuting dem but wen they do d killings they r fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by blacktwist(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
so who will pay it? federal government or the fulani herdsmen?

3 Likes

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by cutekhalifa(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Compensation Ni
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by tunergy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
Onyeoshi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by chinoify: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
How much per head?
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by TeamSimple(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
From who?
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by baddyoosha: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
Na dem. they want 17b in this economy. pls give them 17a

4 Likes

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Babycherry(f): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
God please help Wike to have the hrt of Fayose.

protect Rivers state..... I no fit get strength to cry any type of cry na abeg....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by olive282(f): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
17Billion....in dz hard times....evrytn don turn to business...

1 Like

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by NePro: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
NG should sell off their cows to pay this
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by bolt000(m): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
I Thought I Saw Billionundecided

Well It Is Billion grin
LMFAOO

1 Like

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by ify2nyce(f): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
lol..let's wait and see the reply of the Federal govt.

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Built2last: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nimbo people should not waste their time.

a president who never made a statement nor showed up to see your pain will not give you a kobo.

if you want to get presidential attention, move Nimbo community to North East.

Can you see see hateful minds above me asking who will pay? Fulani or FG?

who is paying for the one Bokoharam destroyed.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by viscocom(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
I CONCUR
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by NePro: 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
baddyoosha:
i
I understand the situation of Nigeria dear,,,being jobless to book space on NL I perfectly get it
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by neolboy(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
haha dts huge amount of money
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Buhari4dullard: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari should be held acountable.
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by mhizzpatra(f): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
17.....what
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Eluwilussit(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
blacktwist:
so who will pay it? federal government or the fulani herdsmen?

The Libyans and those who defend them. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Joel3(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
...this is just too much for this administration.
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Olaide1295: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Is it the federal government that killed some of them? Abi wen FG turn FH(Fulani Herdsmen)
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by chuose: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
RCCG too has to carry some blame.

They are supposed to be christian and they gave the christian vote to an Islamist.

And Pastor Bosun Emmanuel warned us all about the islamic agenda, and we all abused the man.

Well the chicken has come home to roost, Redeemed is culpable in this tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

2 Likes

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by meltiplexer: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
bolt000:
I Thought I Saw Billionundecided

Well It Is Billion grin

LMFAOO

You can blame them,they want their share from our yam nii.let check if my yam done ready because i planted it yesterday night on Naijabet farm.
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by winniz: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
The Daura illiterate is rebuilding NE that he and his boko haram people destroyed. Nimbo community that was attacked by your fulani herdsmen people should be rebuilt as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by bolt000(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
meltiplexer:

You can blame them,they want their share from our yam nii.let check if my yam done ready because i planted it yesterday night on Naijabet farm.
Lmao.. Oga Mi.

You Watching The Match?
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by Doctorkencike: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Could compensation be the solution?
Re: Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings by moneybag100: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided / Ekiti To Rehabilitate 1000km Rural Roads, Renovate All Public Schools / Lagos Must Be Free! The 2023 Slogan for Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.