Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? (16070 Views)

Senator Ali Ndume Slaps Habu Dala Aji; Mohammed Saleh Baga Beaten Into Coma / Why I Visited Obasanjo - Ali-Modu Sheriff (Photo) / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by bettercreature(m): 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
disloman:
What I just know is that PDP is dead and buried.
Dont mind @TonyeBarcanista he is looking for sympathy

4 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by IVORY2009(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ali modu sheriff wants division in the PDP's camp and I can autoritatively tell you that he is sponsored by the ruling party to cause mayhem.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by smellingmenses: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
modath:

Pryce, you are my flend, I won't do you like that our other friend who change mouth about the guy matter... wink but don't forget shekau Sheriff has "Zeus sized BALLs" so take caution...

@bettercreature,

I plead the fifth, before Tonye say he is being winched & "sadisized" (not oyinbo, coined am cheesy)
How do you know the size of sheriffs balls? This woman
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by engineerboat(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Dont mind @TonyeBarcanista he is looking for sympathy

Sympathy for waiting. When does it becomes a crime to Remind atuleka a.k.a Sheriff the letter he wrote and signed himeslf
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
I really don't know what the man wants, but I want to know how one man can conveniently hold a whole party down? Abi na juju?

I also don't know how shii like this works, can't they sue him to court with the agreement of majority?

1 Like

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by engineerboat(m): 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I really don't know what the man wants, but I want to know how one man can conveniently hold a whole party down? Abi na juju?

I also don't know how shii like this works, can't they sue him to court with the agreement of majority?

"Abeg can anybody hem interprets this statement of the letter to atuleka a.k.a Sheriffu....."

"I hereby say that I knows nothing about the case. And neither did I authorize anybody to file the case in the name of the party."

1 Like

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by ayampissed: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
As for me am a learner in all this politics brouhaha, but I must say that this your piece @TonyeBarcanista has made me understood a bit with what is happening in PDP. however, from what I read up there, i need clarity on points made.

-Sheriff chairmanship is legal.
- Chairman(Sheriff) tried to organize May 21 convention but didn't want it to happen. and
-Sheriff denies being a part of the suit to stop the convention.
- Court stops the convention.
- All factions complied with the court ruling.
- Sheriff continues to claim chairmanship.

Now you are asking what does sheriff wants abi?

Questions?

- Isn't it clear that Sheriff remains the chairman.
- Why would all factions comply with the court rulings stopping the convention and yet not recognize the seating chairman?
- Who organized the 7 man convention to take charge of the party affairs for three months?
- Can PDP go to court (the PH fed high court) without the the consent or awareness of its chairman because as I see it 'the Chairman is PDP and PDP number one man'.

From the ongoing, what I see is, you guys are angry that he didn't want the convention to hold and as such decided to do away with him. Am I right?

Abeg make me understand biko.

note: am not a member of any party in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by gretblue: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Modu Sheriff till 2018 just as Tony popular saying then GEJ till 2019. How time flies.

5 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by kgr8mike(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
He is looking for some coverings for all his loots. He is just looking for some shelter. Something that will make him look powerful or probably a camouflage of power because he has looted so much.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by PassingShot(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

nobody is being used and dumped by PDP. SAS has served out his 3months tenure, what else does he want?

as for the names you mentioned, if SAS has issues with them he shouldn't use it to affect the smooth running of PDP
Does the convention have the power to sack Sheriff?

Yes or no please.

4 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by modath(f): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
smellingmenses:

How do you know the size of sheriffs balls? This woman

I was only parroting Pryce ,when the going was good, he claimed Sheriff is da bomb diggity now song don dey change (no pun intended) cheesy

Cc Pryce, did you not say Shekau's cojones had iron & blue diamonds? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by ayampissed: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
PassingShot:

Does the convention have the power to sack Sheriff?

Yes or no please.
Boss, the convention did not "sack" Sheriff, his(SAS) contract ended May 21, 2016. The court restrained the National Convention from holding election in the office of the Chairman, which both Abuja and PH Convention complied.

But the Convention appointed interim leaders to hold forth pending when there is a new Convention.

And Yes, the National Convention has the power to SACK anybody from the NWC but in Sheriff's case he served out his tenure.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by free2blast(m): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Then he should go to their States to meet them. why is he using his reggae to disrupt our blues?
Our blues, our blues! As you have turned it into music, I decided to back you up.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by oglalasioux(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is just to create problems for PDP candidates in Edo and Ondo states. If PDP wins in these states court cases that will distract the governor will inevitably be the portion of the states. I just pray they find a middle ground before the elections.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
ayampissed:
As for me am a learner in all this politics brouhaha, but I must say that this your piece @TonyeBarcanista has made me understood a bit. however, from what I read up there, i need clarity on points made.

you said:

- Chairman(Sheriff) tried to organize May 21 convention but didn't want it to happen.

Questions?

- Isn't it clear that Sheriff remains the chairman after the court stops the convention?
- Why would all factions comply with the court ruling stopping the convention and yet not recognize the seating chairman?
- Who organized the 7 man convention to take charge of the party affairs for three months?
- Can PDP go to court (the PH fed high court) without the the consent or awareness of its chairman because as I see it 'the Chairman is PDP and PDP number one man'.

From the ongoing what I see is, you guys are angry that he didn't want the convention to hold and as such, decided to do away with him. Am I right?

note: am not a member of any party in Nigeria o!
1. Sheriff's tenure already expired on May 21. he has no locus standi whatsoever

2. There was no sitting Chairman as at May 21, 2015. the tenure of Sheriff/northeast already expired. Same way Buhari can't stay beyond May 29, 2019 except he is reelected even IF court stops INEC from holding election.

3. The Party constitution empowers the Deputy Chairman to act in the absence of the Chairman. Sheriff wanted to hold the party to ransom forgetting that there are other NWC. The deputy chairman with over 2/3 majority NWC okayed the convention, the Convention appointed acting leaders.

4. The Chairman does not have absolute power. The Interim Executive Having been so empowered went to court to act on behalf of the party. As at May21, SAS ceased to be chairman.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by PassingShot(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Boss, the convention did not "sack" Sheriff, his(SAS) contract ended May 21, 2016. The court restrained the National Convention from holding election in the office of the Chairman, which both Abuja and PH Convention complied.

But the Convention appointed interim leaders to hold forth pending when there is a new Convention.

And Yes, the National Convention has the power to SACK anybody from the NWC but in Sheriff's case he served out his tenure.
You're wrong. Sheriff as the bonafide acting chairman dissolved the convention based on court ruling that there shouldn't be election into many offices of the party's executive but those who were bent on removing him went ahead with the convention and announced his removal as the chairman. His tenure had not ended then. It was meant to end around May 28 or so.

Show me where it's stated in the pdp constitution that a chairman can be removed by an illegal convention. That convention was illegally held because the authentic chairman had cancelled the day's proceedings.

8 Likes

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by engineerboat(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
ayampissed:
As for me am a learner in all this politics brouhaha, but I must say that this your piece @TonyeBarcanista has made me understood a bit. however, from what I read up there, i need clarity on points made.

you said:

- Chairman(Sheriff) tried to organize May 21 convention but didn't want it to happen.

Questions?

- Isn't it clear that Sheriff remains the chairman after the court stops the convention?
- Why would all factions comply with the court ruling stopping the convention and yet not recognize the seating chairman?

From the ongoing what I see is, you guys are angry that he didn't want the convention to hold and as such, decided to do away with him. Am I right?

note: am not a member of any party in Nigeria o!
The summary of the matter is that. Sheriff was not truthful to its promise of organizing free and data election without impossition. Which majority did not want, hence the crooked court cases

1 Like

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by dondo83(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

nobody is being used and dumped by PDP. SAS has served out his 3months tenure, what else does he want?

as for the names you mentioned, if SAS has issues with them he shouldn't use it to affect the smooth running of PDP

Trash...... will a sensible man agree to rule for just 3months and then pay pdp debts and also offer his private jet? pdp had over 7 governors but no one came out to settle workers. The governors knew what they were doing and it has backfired. pdp is cancerous and on its path to destruction.

1 Like

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by googlepikins: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
contactlenz:
HELL NO!!! PDP want to USE and DUMP Sheriff ba?

By the time Sheriff is done with PDP Fayose, Wike, Mimiko and Ekweremadu will bury the pieces

Sheriff Till 2018

for your mind you think sey you funny
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alimodu Sheriff wants his seat back. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OMG !! I laugh in Swahiliiii .

You need to see Daddy GO Adeboye looking astoudingly and astonishingly fabulous in this new photo shoot. >> https://9jarealm..com.ng/2016/06/ty-bello-shares-lovely-new-portraits-of.html
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by Deepfreezer(m): 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
We say no to Sheriff, his time is up. The fact that dude wants to leave office come 2018 shows he s got something up his sleeves.
Who elected him?
We wasn't appointed till 2018,
So what is he waiting for?
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by ayampissed: 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
engineerboat:

The summary of the matter is that. Sheriff was not truthful to its promise of organizing free and data election without impossition. Which majority did not want, hence the crooked court cases

Same way I see it bro.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by Skybee1(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
disloman:
What I just know is that PDP is dead and buried.
sharap
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by ayampissed: 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Sheriff's tenure already expired on May 21. he has no locus standi whatsoever

2. There was no sitting Chairman as at May 21, 2015. the tenure of Sheriff/northeast already expired. Same way Buhari can't stay beyond May 29, 2019 except he is reelected even IF court stops INEC from holding election.

3. The Party constitution empowers the Deputy Chairman to act in the absence of the Chairman. Sheriff wanted to hold the party to ransom forgetting that there are other NWC. The deputy chairman with over 2/3 majority NWC okayed the convention, the Convention appointed acting leaders.

4. The Chairman does not have absolute power. The Interim Executive Having been so empowered went to court to act on behalf of the party. As at May21, SAS ceased to be chairman.

God bless

Looks like a 'Lingering' case if you'd ask me. anyways, good luck to PDP.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by onatisi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
feedthenation:
PDP...when will all these end?

Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by disloman(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
Skybee1:
sharap
Tell that to your father.
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by BossKratos: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
grin

Barcanister is pained! Ndo oh!

Lol.....
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by PRYCE(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
modath:

I was only parroting Pryce ,when the going was good, he claimed Sheriff is da bomb diggity now song don dey change (no pun intended) cheesy

Cc Pryce, did you not say Shekau's cojones had iron & blue diamonds? cheesy
Eh that was then nah! "Parade don change gear" now nah wink wink
Re: What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? by contactlenz: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
googlepikins:
for your mind you think sey you funny

Guy, why you dey disturb my mention, abeg dey your lane o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa's Week In Pictures: 26 May - 1 June 2017 / Fayose Appoints New Commissioners (Full List) / Rabiu Kwankwaso Cancels Kano Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.