Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. (3724 Views)

Gov. Okowa Pays Condolence Visit To The Ibru's Family In Lagos - Photos / Declared-Wanted Terrorist Captured In Adamawa / Monopoly Gone Wrong - The Ibru Group! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by bombsquad(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2009
Infamous nanny of the Ibru empire has been declared wanted.This was reported by the Sun Newspapers of today. . .15B Naira loan without collateral l lWhich way Nigeria?

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will today get the date for the trial of 16 bank executives and 68 debtors in its custody, it was learnt yesterday.

The commission also yesterday declared Mrs. Nananshettu Bedell (a one-time nanny to one of the children of Mrs. Cecilia Ibru) and an Abuja businessman, Mr. Dele Oye, wanted.

The Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa (SAN), flew into the country at about 4am yesterday. He is to attend to the EFCC’s request for a fiat to prosecute the ex-bank executives and debtors.

A highly-placed source, who spoke in confidence with The Nation, said: "We are going to a Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday for a date for the commencement of the trial of the ex-bank executives and some of the debtors.

"The Office of the AGF has given us the backing for the trial of the suspects. Now, we are at the mercy of the court to know when to arraign the suspects. All I can tell you is that we will arraign them in court anytime this week and, most probably on Tuesday."

On debt recovery, the source added: "The EFCC chairman is returning to Lagos on Monday to take charge of recovery. More debtors are willing to pay back.

"But those still defaulting will be arrested and their assets confiscated, pending the conclusion of their trial."

But the President of the West African Bar Association, Mr. Femi Falana, yesterday said the EFCC needed no go-ahead from the AGF to prosecute the suspects.

He said the anti-graft commission’s application to the AGF was unnecessary, going by a decision of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

Falana said: "Once a statutory agency is clothed with prosecutorial powers, it does not need the fiat of the AGF to institute any criminal proceeding in Nigeria.

"That was the decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Osahon Osahon vs. the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

"Incidentally, it was a former Chairman of the EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, in his capacity as a police officer, who instituted a case in court without the authority of the AGF. But Ribadu’s action was challenged by the office of the AGF and the apex court declared that any agency with prosecutorial powers does not need any fiat from the AGF.

"However, the AGF has the right to take over such a criminal case either to continue it or discontinue it.

"When the AGF attempted, during Ribadu’s tenure, to have all the cases instituted through his office, he drew the attention of the Federal Government to the decision of the Supreme Court. And the government stopped the AGF from intervening or usurping the prosecutorial powers of the EFCC. So, the anti-graft commission does not need AGF’s fiat at all."

An EFCC source, who pleaded not to be named, said: "We applied for fiat because we don’t want to take chances. Whether we like it or not, the AGF has constitutional powers over criminal matters.

"We do not want to rush to court without the AGF’s consent because we are dealing with privileged suspects who have the means to fight a prolonged legal battle.

"We took our time to follow due process instead of a legally discretionary step to avoid any lacuna in the prosecution of the suspects. We don’t want to be caught unawares by any legal loophole."

Also yesterday, the EFCC declared the Chairman, Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Oye and Mrs. Bedell wanted in connection with the on going investigation in banking.

The suspects were declared wanted through a statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Femi Babafemi.

The statement reads in part: "Both suspects who are close associates of the former MD/ CEO of Oceanic Bank, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, are wanted for offences bordering on conspiracy, aiding and abetting, and money laundering running into billions of naira.

"The suspects were declared wanted after all efforts to get them to honour the commission’s invitation failed.

"The commission enjoins anyone with useful information that could lead to their arrest to contact any of its offices in Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Gombe, Port Harcourt and Enugu."

A source in the commission said: "We are after Oye because findings have revealed that he was allegedly used as a front for Cecilia Ibru.

"A company, Waste Project Nigeria Limited, was owned by some the children of Cecilia Ibru. But in 2007, these children relinquished their shares in the company and Oye took total charge. Despite the divestment of their shares, our investigation revealed that the company was used to siphon money abroad.

"As for Mrs. Bedell, she used to be a nanny to Cecilia Ibru’s eldest son, Oboden. She was then known as Nananshettu Abdulahi. She is number 13 on CBN’s list of debtors.

"We are after her because she got non-performing loans worth N14 to N15billion from Oceanic Bank International Plc. But most of the loans were without strong collaterals."

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/aug/31/national-31-08-2009-01.htm

1 Like

Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by MrCrackles(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2009
Nice. . .
I hope they find her soon, some serious explanations are needed!
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by bombsquad(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2009
With that kind of money i doubt she will turn herself in. . She would probably give up the business and start life abroad with whatever's left.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by oge4real(f): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2009
Nanny?
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by rickie4us(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2009
people should stop referring to this woman as NANNY , She is a big gal and has moved on with her life and her status has changed forever . ,
I think it is too early to hand these people(Cecilia and Nana). Let us wait and see and determine the outcome of all these ,
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Ehoi: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2009
Does this nanny really exist?
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by MUZBO(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2009
They had better get the driver too. Prophylactic measures you know!
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by mystikal(m): 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ehoi:

valid question!
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by youngies(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ehoi:

grin grin Yea, she prolly exists in the Oceanic Bank debtors list and nowhere else grin
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by mojojojo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2009
It appears some have not realized the implication of this report. The nanny is obviously a front for Mrs Ibru, the company belongs to the banker and she gave the loan to herself. Probably compensating the nanny in the process. But since the nanny is legally the owner of the company, EFCC has to follow all the legal steps to arrest and interrogate her.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2009
Poor girl. The nanny might jst be one poor gwari girl somewhere with no knowledge of what's going on. Her madam jst used her as a front. Poor girl. I wish i cud giv her legal representation. lol
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by MyPeace(f): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2009
events are just unfolding.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by otukpo(f): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2009
for what?

I think madam Ibru shld be held responsible for this imaginary nanny's sins.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2009
the nanny sleeps with the fishes
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by boomtowner: 5:05am On Sep 01, 2009
[b]MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN MRS CECILIA IBRU,13 BILLION NAIRA LOAN TO A NANNY TO SUPPLY T-SHIRTS AND FACE CAPS,ME I M GOING TO BREAK PEOPLES HEAD OO,I M A SHAREHOLDER AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE USING MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO DO, NOT EVEN A NIGERIAN A GHANIAN FOR THAT MATTER. LOOK SISSYOR CECE WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS IF YOU FINISH WITH EFCC YOU HAVE CASE TO ANSWER TO US THE SHARE HOLDERS AND IT'S NT GOING TO BE FUNNY.[/b]
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by kshow1(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2009
Cherechy:

Poor girl. The nanny might jst be one poor gwari girl somewhere with no knowledge of what's going on. Her madam jst used her as a front. Poor girl. I wish i cud giv her legal representation. lol

She is a big Ghanian woman galivanting around town with young men and also well known in Ghana as a very suceessful business woman
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by smooooooth: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2009
i can now imagine the names on the debtors list.

1. one time driver 10billion
2. one time cook 50billion
3. one time pet trainer 25billion
4. one time washerman 13billion
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by bombsquad(m): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2009
smooooooth:

1. one time driver 10billion
2. one time cook 50billion
3. one time pet trainer 25billion
4. one time washerman 13billion

Paddy paddy country. . .Paddy paddy everything!
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2009

1. one time driver                10billion
2. one time cook                  50billion
3. one time pet trainer         25billion
4. one time washerman       13billion

I think all these people don't know anything about this. The main culprit behind this is Cecilia Ibru. How can a rationale human being believe these set of people (not commonizing them anyway) would be given billions as loan? How are they going to pay back in respect to their income? What about the qualateral? what do they have?

So i believe Cecilia Ibru just made use of their names to grant the loans for her selfish use. No wonder she fainted in the court on the 31st of August, 2009 during the trial. sad
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by otukpo(f): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2009
kennyaribs:

I think all these people don't know anything about this. The main culprit behind this is Cecilia Ibru. How can a rationale human being believe these set of people (not commonizing them anyway) would be given billions as loan? How are they going to pay back in respect to their income? What about the qualateral? what do they have?

So i believe Cecilia Ibru just made use of their names to grant the loans for her selfish use. No wonder she fainted in the court on the 31st of August, 2009 during the trial. sad

She never start to dey faint.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by MyPeace(f): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2009
kennyaribs:

yes my bros, with no qualateral tongue
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by amaikama(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2009
They should hold the gate man too ooohhh!!! he could have some stashed hard cash with him. we may never know until we shack him alittle bit grin
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Nezan(m): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2009
At long last?
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by utotomixxx(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2009
they should be worrying about the former manager of intercontinental, i dont think he'll ever come back to nigeria
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
16 billion Naira shocked

With that kind of money, the nanny can do a Michael Jackson change from a black woman to a nice, curvy sumptious white woman
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by richkids1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
this is very interesting
for this big mouthy peoples
boomtowner:

[b]MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN MRS CECILIA IBRU,13 BILLION NAIRA LOAN TO A NANNY TO SUPPLY T-SHIRTS AND FACE CAPS,ME I M GOING TO BREAK PEOPLES HEAD OO,I M A SHAREHOLDER AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE USING MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO DO, NOT EVEN A NIGERIAN A GHANIAN FOR THAT MATTER. LOOK SISSYOR CECE WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS IF YOU FINISH WITH EFCC YOU HAVE CASE TO ANSWER TO US THE SHARE HOLDERS AND IT'S NT GOING TO BE FUNNY.[/b]
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by nethacker(m): 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
9ja the wonderland. grin and I dey here dey suffer.I went to the bank for education load,chai,u need to see all d things i was told to bring they r just crazy Thank God they r being exposed @last.To help brilliant students na problem to them shocked .God never sleeps.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Kayflexy1(f): 3:53am On Sep 02, 2009
No comment lipsrsealed
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by zmurda(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
Nanny Nana, Just lovely and convenient
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by Romeo4eva: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
I used to respect this Cecilia Ibru alot, not again, pple of so much social status will still be pooing in the public.Its a shame.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by fyneguy: 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
I heard from a reliable source that Cecilia Ibru's husband-Michael-flew into Nigeria from Atlanta, where he had been receiving medical attention, to convene a family meeting, where Cecilia was asked to open up on what transpired.

She blamed her ordeal on personal issues she had with Sanusi. At this point, one of the Ibrus (name withheld) asked her "who has the majority shares in Oceanic Bank?''. Cecilia, stammering, said she took some loans from the bank to acquire 4 billion shares, thereby displacing her husband, who has 270 million shares.

Michael was stunned(Obviously He did not know).

She was also asked about Aero-contractors airline which was (is) being managed by Eteri group (Michael's holding company). She was said to have acquired more shares and made her daughter, the MD, without Michael's knowledge.

Again, the issue of TotalfinaElf was put to her, where she was said to have schemed her way to be one of the Directors.

The last issue was that of Jimoh Ibrahim. Michael was said to have asked her to define the relationship between her and Jimoh Ibrahim. To this, she answered '' He's a big customer of the bank''. When Michael threatened to drag her to the Urhobo shrine to swear, she started crying and went on her knees, begging.

Michael thereafter asked her to go and sort out her issues with EFCC and directed none of the Ibrus to intervene in her case.

''she and her children should go and sort themselves out. We can not allow a woman to drag our family name in the mud. ''

The general feeling in the family is that Cecilia, Michael's 2nd wife, did everything to corner most of their businesses for herself and children.
Re: The Ibru Nanny has Now Been Declared Wanted. by otokx(m): 4:41am On Sep 04, 2009
More will be revealed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori Rejects Verdict / Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic / Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.