Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today (3426 Views)

Trump Accepts A Soccer Ball From Putin. See Reactions (PHOTOS) / Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos) / Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by bookface: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
ST.PETERSBURG, June 17. /TASS/.

The world needs such a powerful country as the United States but Moscow does not want Washington to meddle in domestic affairs and prevent the European Union to build relations with Moscow, Russian President Vladimir Putin told a plenary session of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.

"The world needs such a powerful country as the United States. And we also need it. But we don’t need them to constantly interfere in our affairs and tell us how to live and prevent Europe to build relations with us," Putin said.

The US tells its European partners to tolerate sanctions against Russia although they affect Europe’s economy. "Why tolerate? I don’t understand," Putin said, adding that compared with the EU, the US economy is not suffering from the anti-Russian sanctions.

The Russian president admitted that the US is the only superpower today. "We understand this, we want and are ready to work with the United States," Putin said.

Putin believes that the western policy of unilateral actions by the West breeds chaos and that a dialog and search for mutually acceptable solutions is needed instead for preventing a rerun of the Cold War.

"If the policy of unilateral actions goes on, if steps in the international scene, very sensitive for the international community, are not coordinated, such (negative) consequences will be inevitable," he said at the full-scale meeting of the forum. "If we turn an attentive ear to each other, if we look for a balance of interest, this will not happen."

"If there is such cooperation, nobody will ever talk about any Cold War," he remarked. Putin said he would not like to think that "we are moving towards some Cold War."
"I am certain that nobody wishes that," Putin said. In his opinion, however dramatic the logic of international relations might seem, it was not a logic of global confrontation.

Putin recalled the history of problems that existed in relations between Russia and the West. He said that after the collapse of the Soviet Union many had hoped for a climate of "universal prosperity and trust." However, Russia had to confront international terrorism and separatism, while other countries started providing assistance to the separatists.

After that, he went on to say, Russia encountered the problem of NATO’s expansion. He pointed to the alliance’s intention to incorporate Montenegro.

"Who is threatening Montenegro?" Putin asked while commenting on that idea.
He also touched upon the problem of NATO’s missile defense, which continued to develop even though the Iranian threat had vanished. Lastly, Putin recalled the western support for "color revolutions" in different countries.

More:
http://tass.ru/en/politics/883026

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by bookface: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
I suspect the Russian bots that like to compare the United States with Russia on any basis, would hate this frank admission by the Russian President himself. LOL!

oh, and of course, this is straight from a Russian news outlet...just saying, for the sake of the one idiot out here!

3 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by datopaper(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
F
Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Lucasbalo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
bookface:

I suspect the Russian bots that like to compare the United States with Russia on any basis, would hate this frank admission by the Russian President himself. LOL!

oh, and of course, this is straight from a Russian news outlet...just saying, for the sake of the one idiot out here!
Buddy, they are going to come for you because of what you just posted . Any rational being know that US is way ahead of Russia. That's no surprise coming from Putin.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Missy89(f): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
bookface:

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by violent(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Appleyard and shym3xx will probably be feeling very confused. They just can understand how it is that Russia with all its nukes cannot be said to be on the same footing as the US. They forget that what makes a superpower is more than just nukes and a few powerful rockets. If this is all it takes, then North Korea should be doing pretty good on the superpower scale by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
Missy89:

grin

My Luv, where have you been? I've been so worried about ya' grin

I hope you weren't in charge of the RQ-4 Global Hawk that was commandeered in Crimea with “Magrav Tech” & landed in simferopol? grin

Tell me, is it true that a bully never stops his belligerent behaviour until he has gotten his teeth knocked out ? grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Missy89(f): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Zoharariel:

I hope you weren't in charge of the RQ-4 Global Hawk that was commandeered in Crimea with “Magrav Tech” & landed in simferopol? grin

Tell me, is it true that a bully never stops his belligerent behaviour until he has gotten his teeth knocked out ? grin

Well not when the bully is the hulk

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by marvelous000: 1:35am On Jun 18, 2016
[size=13pt][b]

I wanted to enjoy my sabbatical leave with some few days break, but I had to compromise, seeing how zombies are wanking over the place, just bcs putin re-iterated an overt fact that doesn't change anything.

Well, lot of factor make a country super power. E.g

-Financial sway(monopoly).

-Influence(hegemony)

-Allies

-military strength.

Now, a country being a super power doesn't mean that it's precocious in all of the aforementioned. It only means that it has the leverage to complement any of the listed factors with another, which is why you see united state of Armageddon, attack or impose sanctions on any lover of truth, justice and equity, who summone the chutzpah to question and resist her blood sucking taste for world dominance.
How is this possible? It's so bcs of her brainless allies, influence(zombies on this fora is a touch-stone), and financial monopoly, cos if it's by military might or coercion.

it wouldn't stop Russia from sending her into everlasting oblivion, if provoked.

It wouldn't stop Russia from unravelling the grotesque behind her messianic facade.

It wouldn't stop Russia from exposing her as a spineless sissy, who is only good at beating dry and malnourished muscle only used for intimidating and bullying helpless and defenceless nations.

It wouldn't stop Russia from striking fear into her heart; For it is said in the holy book of jah, that the wicked shall have no peace(the blood of yazidis and others yearn for vengeance on the daughter of Babylon).

It wouldn't stop Russia from looking her in the eye and telling her "go to hell," we'll kill your so called legitimate rebels(terrorists) with reckless abadone and "nothing can you fit do." grin permit me to use that phrase.

It wouldn't stop Russia from making a "coffin" out of the over hyped things it calls military hardware and software, neither will it stop Russia and china from paving way for financial revolution that will bring her financial monopoly to an ineluctable end.

TAPOUT
[/b][/size]

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by ValerianSteel(m): 6:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Of course Putin knows this.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by dfrost: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2016
bookface:

You are right about this. I've never been one to doubt the supremacy of the US. There has and can never be two world powers at the same time. The better Putin realizes this (has even realized), the better for Russian economy.

It's very bad that Russia's legal tender can not be used anywhere in the world except in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by scully95: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
How can anyone be masturbating itself or himself over what putin said just to ease tension while the facts on ground tells something totally different. check the facts on ground insyria and eastern ukraine.

Putin said so many things which is always on point. F orget it, russia does not start a war, but always end it. war here is not only fighting or shooting war.. you have so many wars now going on.. hybride war in eastern ukraine.. russia did not start it.. proxy war in syria, Russia did not start it.. information war everywhere, Russia also did not start it. economic war or sanctions, did Russia start it.. now who is the agressor here... before that zionist compatriot missy89 and the rest terrorist sympathizers come saying junks about physical war which is usually the last part everyone sees.

if you start an hybride war with Russia and it ends in a physical shooting war, this cannot be classified as Russia started the war and this is what has happened in the past for so long. Russia will not start first. #factsonly

this, everyone knows and Russia would stop at nothing to end this nato terrorist alliance aggression against the country..

this time has even passed the cold war era. to tell you that this time is different and the anglozionist empire is going down cos everything it has tried against russia so far has failed. lesson again is don't re-use ideas you have used in the past agains your enemy as it will end in failure.

Russia has managed to evade all the cold war era attacks being re-used today...

lesson learnt is, once beating twice shy. Russia came out stronger and putin said everything in the last forum. how the same western terrorist, some crooks here are backing were supporting wahhabi saudi arabia terrorist instituition backed by the same anglozionist empire.

again Russia wiretaped the crooks receiving orders from washington and when russia wrote to washington they said they were supporting opposition.. can anyone imagine that..

now see that Russia today.... helping syria to fight the same thing.. so back in the day, Russia could have turned to what syria is today.. and everyone will just be watching..... i bet this world by this time would have turned to ash land.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
violent:

Appleyard and shym3xx will probably be feeling very confused. They just can understand how it is that Russia with all its nukes cannot be said to be on the same footing as the US. They forget that what makes a superpower is more than just nukes and a few powerful rockets. If this is all it takes, then North Korea should be doing pretty good on the superpower scale by now.
Nobody is confuse here, except the likes of your lots with a vague one-sided views who never want to believe in reality. Who was dragging superpower status with the US, aside US anti-Russia/China rhetorics? Has Russia or China at any time told you that they are more of a superpower than the US? Please furnish me with examples. All they ever wanted was respect and recognition for their own national interests and domestic ways vis-a-vis the stark reality of the multipolar global order, as against US notion of exceptionalism and unipolarism. And this is exactly what the lot of us here have been saying.
Nukes alone doesn't make you a superpower, and every Diick and Harry knows that. To be a complete Superpower, you need the SP TRIPLETS: The Economy, The technology and the Milltary Might. The 1st is the outstanding one as the rest two derives their potentials and validity from it, even though they are all interdependent. And as the superpower status implies, your Triplets MUST be totally above that of your opponents in terms of sophistication and quality, and the only area in which the US beat the rest, is in the economy. The US Economy is the Chief among the big boys (though China is fast catching up.) and it gives it comperative advantage above the rest. This is the ONLY area in the SP TRIPLET chain that put the US above Russia, and Putin simply stated the obvious- the economic power of the US makes it the SuperPower compare to the rest of the key players; not in the millitary or technological sense of it, as some of you would always want to believe. Aside economics, the US is only a superpower to third world countries, and you can keep that up your sleeves.

Remain bless.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Zoharariel:

grin No, it never existed. grin And yes, a bully never stop till its teeth get kicked out like boy Alinko. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
marvelous000:
[size=13pt][b]

I wanted to enjoy my sabbatical leave with some few days break, but I had to compromise, seeing how zombies are wanking over the place, just bcs putin re-iterated an overt fact that doesn't change anything.

Well, lot of factor make a country super power. E.g

-Financial sway(monopoly).

-Influence(hegemony)

-Allies

-military strength.

Now, a country being a super power doesn't mean that it's precocious in all of the aforementioned. It only means that it has the leverage to complement any of the listed factors with another, which is why you see united state of Armageddon, attack or impose sanctions on any lover of truth, justice and equity, who summone the chutzpah to question and resist her blood sucking taste for world dominance.
How is this possible? It's so bcs of her brainless allies, influence(zombies on this fora is a touch-stone), and financial monopoly, cos if it's by military might or coercion.

it wouldn't stop Russia from sending her into everlasting oblivion, if provoked.

It wouldn't stop Russia from unravelling the grotesque behind her messianic facade.

It wouldn't stop Russia from exposing her as a spineless sissy, who is only good at beating dry and malnourished muscle only used for intimidating and bullying helpless and defenceless nations.

It wouldn't stop Russia from striking fear into her heart; For it is said in the holy book of jah, that the wicked shall have no peace(the blood of yazidis and others yearn for vengeance on the daughter of Babylon).

It wouldn't stop Russia from looking her in the eye and telling her "go to hell," we'll kill your so called legitimate rebels(terrorists) with reckless abadone and "nothing can you fit do." grin permit me to use that phrase.

It wouldn't stop Russia from making a "coffin" out of the over hyped things it calls military hardware and software, neither will it stop Russia and china from paving way for financial revolution that will bring her financial monopoly to an ineluctable end.

TAPOUT
[/b][/size]
grin yeah. They so much want to believe that when Putin talk about 'superpower,' he was talking about military might and technological know-how, they have failed to acknowledge the rest of what was said in that article. cheesy One thing i have come to realise among these our brethren at the other end, is that, living in fantasy is best for the sustainance of their various warp beliefs regarding the reality, ditto Russia and the US: and as such, they tend to hang on to any straw and thatch that seem to support their myopic narrative. This is the reason some uninformed folks down here will tell you that Russia is nothing and is not relevant in the scheme of things, yet, the US sees it as the greatest threat to it, and when some shiit does happen globally, the first place Washington calls is the Kremlin. Right from time, the problem with man is the comprehending the TRUTH, and the truth in this case is that, as long as Russia remains on the surface of the Earth, the US can never fully achieve its notion of Unipolarism and exceptionalism, though it be called the superpower; the events in the Ukraine, in Syria, and in the South China sea, are testimonies to that effect.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Lonehenge: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Appleyard:
Nobody is confuse here, except the likes of your lots with a vague one-sided views who never want to believe in reality. Who was dragging superpower status with the US, aside US anti-Russia/China rhetorics? Has Russia or China at any time told you that they are more of a superpower than the US? Please furnish me with examples. All they ever wanted was respect and recognition for their own national interests and domestic ways vis-a-vis the stark reality of the multipolar global order, as against US notion of exceptionalism and unipolarism. And this is exactly what the lot of us here have been saying.
Nukes alone doesn't make you a superpower, and every Diick and Harry knows that. To be a complete Superpower, you need the SP TRIPLETS: The Economy, The technology and the Milltary Might. The 1st is the outstanding one as the rest two derives their potentials and validity from it, even though they are all interdependent. And as the superpower status implies, your Triplets MUST be totally above that of your opponents in terms of sophistication and quality, and the only area in which the US beat the rest, is in the economy. The US Economy is the Chief among the big boys (though China is fast catching up.) and it gives it comperative advantage above the rest. This is the ONLY area in the SP TRIPLET chain that put the US above Russia, and Putin simply stated the obvious- the economic power of the US makes it the SuperPower compare to the rest of the key players; not in the millitary or technological sense of it, as some of you would always want to believe. Aside economics, the US is only a superpower to third world countries, and you can keep that up your sleeves.

Remain bless.

There are many countries that are way ahead of Russia in terms of economy and technology.

Japan, Germany, France, South Korea for example. And none of them is even close to being called a Superpower.

As a matter of fact, where it comes to technology, Russia does not stack up well against a host of countries, talk less of the United States. For example, South Korea is one of the best in the world in robotics, Japan in rail technology etc. Although these countries do not spend as much on military, their technological advantage far outclasses that of Russia.

The US has the largest concentration of technology companies in the world. By FAR!!! It's not even close.

That said, there are other factors besides economy, military or technology that makes a superpower. The most important one being Political influence.

The US is light million years ahead of Russia where it comes to political influence. This gives it tremendous ability to make global impact. If you study international law, you would realize that the tenets are mostly based on issues relating to US interest.

2) Following from political influence, you ignore the tremendous amount of alliance that the US can build up quickly in a short time frame. How many countries in the world can get other countries to go to war on their behalf - from Iraq to Afghanistan.

3) You ignore the power of institutions. The US's ability to function as a superpower is not dependent on a single person. If Obama leaves the presidency, the US can still project its superpower status because it's public institutions are well established and are stronger. Russia on the other hand operates a power vertical approach, where all the power is concentrated in the hands of Putin and his siloviki. What happens when he leaves the stage?

2 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by marvelous000: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Appleyard:
grin yeah. They so much want to believe that when Putin talk about 'superpower,' he was talking about military might and technological know-how, they have failed to acknowledge the rest of what was said in that article. cheesy One thing i have come to realise among these our brethren at the other end, is that, living in fantasy is best for the sustainance of their various warp beliefs regarding the reality, ditto Russia and the US: and as such, they tend to hang on to any straw and thatch that seem to support their myopic narrative. This is the reason some uninformed folks down here will tell you that Russia is nothing and is not relevant in the scheme of things, yet, the US sees it as the greatest threat to it, and when some shiit does happen globally, the first place Washington calls is the Kremlin. Right from time, the problem with man is the comprehending the TRUTH, and the truth in this case is that, as long as Russia remains on the surface of the Earth, the US can never fully achieve its notion of Unipolarism and exceptionalism, though it be called the superpower; the events in the Ukraine, in Syria, and in the South China sea, are testimonies to that effect.
[size=13pt]
I wrote you a song. it's called: your head dey there, thou Apple of jah!

Enjoy! grincheesy

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvOeh3lsUSoaeTwLJWoWwd-vKV3W1lbTfNoksD4qDb3MZDr_pLng[/img]
[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by cstr9: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
n
Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by cstr9: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Any body with a brain clearly knows the US is well ahead of russia in every possible criteria. But then how wonderful would it be for both to work together and deal with the scourge of global islamic fundamentalism.
Both countries have a judeo-christian national history, and have a majority christian population, and could probably defeat the rest of the world if both militaries were aligned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by cstr9: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
Appleyard:
Nukes alone doesn't make you a superpower, and every Diick and Harry knows that. To be a complete Superpower, you need the SP TRIPLETS: The Economy, The technology and the Milltary Might. The 1st is the outstanding one as the rest two derives their potentials and validity from it, even though they are all interdependent. And as the superpower status implies, your Triplets MUST be totally above that of your opponents in terms of sophistication and quality, and the only area in which the US beat the rest, is in the economy. The US Economy is the Chief among the big boys (though China is fast catching up.) and it gives it comperative advantage above the rest. This is the ONLY area in the SP TRIPLET chain that put the US above Russia, and Putin simply stated the obvious- the economic power of the US makes it the SuperPower compare to te rest of the key players; not in the millitary or technological sense of it, as some of you would always want to believe. Aside economics, the US is only a superpower to third world countries, and you can keep that up your sleeves.

Remain bless.
Give me one example of a russian domestic non military industrial technology that can compete with its american counterparts? I am not even talking of miltary jets and missiles.
Stop deceiving yourself. When a greater power(Superpower) fights a lesser power, the winner is obvious, though with a lot of bruises.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lonehenge:

As a matter of fact, where it comes to technology, Russia does not stack up well against a host of countries, talk less of the United States. For example, South Korea is one of the best in the world in robotics, Japan in rail technology etc. Although theseo not spend as much on military, their technological advantage far outclasses that of Russia.

The US has the largest concentration of technology companies in the world. By FAR!!! It's not even close.

Wow! Thanks for your inputs. cool

I believe that when we are talking about technology, you understand that there are different areas of specialization and various components of craftmanship that embodies the term ''technology''? That South Korea excels in robotics and Japan in rail technology than Russia, so implies that Russia doesn't stack up well in technology, eh? This i must say, is plain ignorance, and a dozage of the popular misconception prevailing in the west. Russia's technological credibility is overwhelmingly entrenched in areas such as in Eletrical Engineering, Ship Building, Aerospace, Weaponry, Space Technology, Communications, IT, Nuclear technology, etc. The only difference between Russia and the likes of those nations you mentioned, is the issue of PR. The west far excelled Russia in PR vis Marketability, and the past history and economic policies of the Soviet Union didn't help matters, and its still haunting; though that is gradually changing. Even the United States you mentioned still relies on Russia's tech to launch into space. My brother, this is reality, not fiction.

The misplaced priority regarding Russia's technological prowess is mostly associated with kids who measured technological supremacy by the levels of smart phones and exaltic cars they see everyday, and knows from whence it came. But those who knows the truth about the Soviet past and the present day Russia, will know the sum of the matter.

The US is light million years ahead of Russia where it comes to political influence. This gives it tremendous ability to make global impact. If you study international law, you would realize that the tenets are mostly based on issues relating to US interest.

Yes. The US weilds much more political influence far ahead of Russia, and this was mostly made possible following the implosion of the Soviet Union. But you are not completely correct in asserting that the tenets of international law are mostly based on the interests of the US. Rather, they are ''affected'' by the paradigm of US interest. There were norms, and still, laws that governs the relationship of states in the international order prior to 1990 and thereafter. The implosion of the Soviet Union rent in tatters the written and unwritten laws of Checks and Balance among the power players, and from thence urshered in an era of unchallenged US power and oversight in the pursue of its core interest. Otherwise, the basic tenets of IT law was never based on the core interest of the US, but rather became affected by it after the Cold War.

you ignore the tremendous amount of alliance that the US can build up quickly in a short time frame. How many countries in the world can get other countries to go to war on their behalf - from Iraq to Afghanistan.

Like i said, the political influence of the US is never in doubt, but one real overlooked fact is that, such influence is overwhelmingly tied to the one same factor - the US economy. Some of these nations you see today feigning alliance with the US, are in because of the money. They hate the US as much as a terrorist do. I always laugh at the Hollywood pipe-like dream of a 28 member block destroying Russiacheesy, when war breaks out, its then people will realize how deeply hateful and resentful some of this nations are towards one another. Of course, they will continue to play along with their master for the time being, and lets hope that day never comes. Besides, US Influence has its limit per the target nation concerned. The US can influence much of NATO in its war against hapless states like Iraq, Afghan, Libya, etc, but when it comes to players like Russia or China, i doubt if much of them will walk that road with the US. The most they can do, they have done it, and one can only laugh at the angry response and frustration coming from some of them now, following the impact of the Russian counter measures. I wonder how the reaction would be when it comes to the theatre of blood-Nuclear for that matter.

I dey laf grin

3) You ignore the power of institutions. The US's ability to function as a superpower is not dependent on a single person. If Obama leaves the presidency, the US can still project its superpower status because it's public institutions are well established and are stronger. Russia en he leaves the stage?

Pls name one governmental/administrative institution in place in the US that is not available in Russia.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
cstr9:
Give me one example of a russian domestic non military industrial technology that can compete with its american counterparts?

I wouldn't expect you to know about the Russian Tram R1 since you have your head buried deep inside Uncle Sam's ass. grin

r1.uvz.ru/en/about/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0m7Z891E4

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Missy89(f): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Appleyard:

Pls name one governmental/administrative institution in place in the US that is not available in Russia.

I dont mean to insult you but sometimes i just have to shake my head when you post. First, You need to look at how the institutions function not the mere availability of that particular institution that can be in existence in name only.

Why do you think people are were concerned when Putin was missing the last time because a sudden death of someone like Putin can lead to a crisis in Russia because of its weak institutions but Kennedy can be shot and life goes on.

America's have strong institutions and the survival of the republic doesn't depend on few individuals like Russia. That was his point

The US is a nation of laws, and not of men like Russia historically.

4 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Missy89(f): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Zoharariel:

I wouldn't expect you to know about the Russian Tram R1 since you have your head buried deep inside Uncle Sam's ass. grin

r1.uvz.ru/en/about/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0m7Z891E4

Prince, How many of those are on Russian Streets?

Lol

Please answer his question and stop posting pipe dream prototypes. This is d reality in Russia

2 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Missy89:

Prince, How many of those are on Russian Streets?

Lol

Please answer his question and stop posting pipe dream prototypes. This is d reality in Russia

The Tram R1 will be rolled out in 2017 in time for Russia to host the FIFA World Cup the following year.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Lonehenge: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Appleyard:

Wow! Thanks for your inputs. cool

I believe that when we are talking about technology, you understand that there are different areas of specialization and various components of craftmanship that embodies the term ''technology''? That South Korea excels in robotics and Japan in rail technology than Russia, so implies that Russia doesn't stack up well in technology, eh? This i must say, is plain ignorance, and a dozage of the popular misconception prevailing in the west. Russia's technological credibility is overwhelmingly entrenched in areas such as in Eletrical Engineering, Ship Building, Aerospace, Weaponry, Space Technology, Communications, IT, Nuclear technology, etc. The only difference between Russia and the likes of those nations you mentioned, is the issue of PR. The west far excelled Russia in PR vis Marketability, and the past history and economic policies of the Soviet Union didn't help matters, and its still haunting; though that is gradually changing. Even the United States you mentioned still relies on Russia's tech to launch into space. My brother, this is reality, not fiction.

The misplaced priority regarding Russia's technological prowess is mostly associated with kids who measured technological supremacy by the levels of smart phones and exaltic cars they see everyday, and knows from whence it came. But those who knows the truth about the Soviet past and the present day Russia, will know the sum of the matter.

Yes, Russia does well in military engineering -military aircraft, tanks, missiles and nukes - and it has a well funded military industrial complex. But that's where it stops. Russia is not a country that is pushing the frontier of technological innovation.

Appleyard:

Yes. The US weilds much more political influence far ahead of Russia, and this was mostly made possible following the implosion of the Soviet Union. But you are not completely correct in asserting that the tenets of international law are mostly based on the interests of the US. Rather, they are ''affected'' by the paradigm of US interest. There were norms, and still, laws that governs the relationship of states in the international order prior to 1990 and thereafter. The implosion of the Soviet Union rent in tatters the written and unwritten laws of Checks and Balance among the power players, and from thence urshered in an era of unchallenged US power and oversight in the pursue of its core interest. Otherwise, the basic tenets of IT law was never based on the core interest of the US, but rather became affected by it after the Cold War.

I think our conclusion is both the same - Political influence is one of the primary reasons why the US is a superpower. It has the ability to influence Global conventions and national governments/parliaments.

Appleyard:

Like i said, the political influence of the US is never in doubt, but one real overlooked fact is that, such influence is overwhelmingly tied to the one same factor - the US economy. Some of these nations you see today feigning alliance with the US, are in because of the money. They hate the US as much as a terrorist do. I always laugh at the Hollywood pipe-like dream of a 28 member block destroying Russiacheesy, when war breaks out, its then people will realize how deeply hateful and resentful some of this nations are towards one another. Of course, they will continue to play along with their master for the time being, and lets hope that day never comes. Besides, US Influence has its limit per the target nation concerned. The US can influence much of NATO in its war against hapless states like Iraq, Afghan, Libya, etc, but when it comes to players like Russia or China, i doubt if much of them will walk that road with the US. The most they can do, they have done it, and one can only laugh at the angry response and frustration coming from some of them now, following the impact of the Russian counter measures. I wonder how the reaction would be when it comes to the theatre of blood-Nuclear for that matter.

Firstly, It seems you think that US alliance rests on NATO. This is false. Many Non Nato countries for example Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, contributed troops to the Iraq War.

Secondly, countries don't "feign" alliance. If the US does not believe that it has something to gain from being in an alliance with a country, it simply won't do so. For example, turkey did not join the Iraq war, but it hosts many forward deployed US miliatry assets.

Thirdly, it seems you consider the role of an alliance to strict military sense. Greece and Hungary have good relationships with Russia, but they agreed to a US led economic sanctions, why do you think this is the case?

Fourthly, the ability to build alliances in a short notice is a capability that is unique to the United States. This is one of the very few core reasons why it is to be defined as a superpower. This is precisely why China is stunned as to how the US could build an alliance of several smaller countries in its own backyard.

Appleyard:

As Missy has mentioned, the existence of institutions does not mean that they function.

How many courts in Russia can overrule Putin? Well, i will tell you - NONE!

3 Likes

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Lucasbalo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lonehenge:

There are many countries that are way ahead of Russia in terms of economy and technology.

Japan, Germany, France, South Korea for example. And none of them is even close to being called a Superpower.

As a matter of fact, where it comes to technology, Russia does not stack up well against a host of countries, talk less of the United States. For example, South Korea is one of the best in the world in robotics, Japan in rail technology etc. Although these countries do not spend as much on military, their technological advantage far outclasses that of Russia.

That said, there are other factors besides economy, military or technology that makes a superpower. The most important one being Political influence.

2) Following from political influence, you ignore the tremendous amount of alliance that the US can build up quickly in a short time frame. How many countries in the world can get other countries to go to war on their behalf - from Iraq to Afghanistan.

3) You ignore the power of institutions. The US's ability to function as a superpower is not dependent on a single person. If Obama leaves the presidency, the US can still project its superpower status because it's public institutions are well established and are stronger. Russia on the other hand operates a power vertical approach, where all the power is concentrated in the hands of Putin and his siloviki. What happens when he leaves the stage?

Thank you my friend for setting the Putin lovers straight. There is no comparison between US and Russia and the Russian lovers know that but their hatred for the West blinded them from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Lucasbalo(m): 12:05am On Jun 19, 2016
cstr9:
Any body with a brain clearly knows the US is well ahead of russia in every possible criteria. But then how wonderful would it be for both to work together and deal with the scourge of global islamic fundamentalism.
Both countries have a judeo-christian national history, and have a majority christian population, and could probably defeat the rest of the world if both militaries were aligned.
CSTR, you nailed it. Comparing US to Russia is like comparing the bigness of an elephant to that of a bull. How many of the Russian lovers can survive in Russia critising their lord Putin like we do here critising Obama?. They will have a dose of cynide in their vodka.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 2:01am On Jun 19, 2016
cstr9:
Give me one example of a russian domestic non military industrial technology that can compete with its american counterparts? I am not even talking of miltary jets and missiles.
Stop deceiving yourself. When a greater power(Superpower) fights a lesser power, the winner is obvious, though with a lot of bruises.

Non military keh. grin I don't need to swim in the gutter of delusional bias victim with you, dear brother. So, i will just leave you with only a hint. Ever held of Zil, Kalmaz, Ural, etc. Russian civilian tech and equipments are popular as much as their military ones, they are cheap, rugged and requires little education to operate. The fact that you don't see Russian trucks and bulldozers in use in the west, doesn't mean or deny their capability and competitiveness, since you don't see their tanks or armoured vehicles there either. Kalmaz (the manufacturers of Kalmaz military trucks) also manufactured about 40-50 thousand civilian trucks yearly, with about 14% of them exported. Just go to Cuba, and you will discover you are surrounded by Russian stuffs, from cars to lorries, tractors, oil derricks, etc. It is believed that 80% of the Cuban economy is tied to the Russian export market.
Also, formal states of the USSR and in Africa with roughly over a hundred million population, are some readily available market for Russian civilian equipments. The Russian civilian aircraft market is just another emerging factor, with the production of the latest Sukhoi 100 passenger jet, for which customers are already queueing up for supply. The US did not create the sanction war for nothing. It was meant to stiffle a resurgent Russia in both military and technological terms. And that is a fact.

Now, talking about a bigger power fighting a lesser power, pls don't kid your self: the day the US will engage Russia in open war, that would be the end of much part of the earth's population. Don't think you would be watching Hollywood movie where one man call rambo kills off a full country. grin The fear of Russia is the only reason why your oga still have NATO around. And thats a fact, my brother.

Talking about jets and rockets, cheesy are you kiddin me? grin grin grin Don't let me get angry and call Serbia back to the party of death in the air.... grin cheesy grin you better allow sleeping dogs lie so that flying coffins and bathroom basens won't be further exposed for what they are... grin

God bless you...

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by Appleyard(m): 2:10am On Jun 19, 2016
cstr9:
Apart from the economic perspective, the US is only ahead of Russia in Numerics. The rest of what you said is true, but how can they work together seeing the United States is basically at war with the rest of the world? Just wondering.

1 Like

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by scully95: 2:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Missy89:

I dont mean to insult you but sometimes i just have to shake my head when you post. First, You need to look at how the institutions function not the mere availability of that particular institution that can be in existence in name only.

Why do you think people are were concerned when Putin was missing the last time because a sudden death of someone like Putin can lead to a crisis in Russia because of its weak institutions but Kennedy can be shot and life goes on.

[s]America's have strong institutions and the survival of the republic doesn't depend on few individuals like Russia. That was his point

The US is a nation of laws, and not of men like Russia historically. [/s]

each time you type, i shake all my body starting from head to my yansh for you. you talk like normal olodo that you are and nothing really could come out of mere olodo that knows nothing..

the last time that demon obama was in Ghana and saying Africa does not need strong men but it needs strong institutions.. your dumb ass need to get it straight.. strong institution that is controlled by 1 percent neocons.. is that what you call institution... an institution that has gone out of control.. one CIA has its own terrorist in Syria, now that terrorist fighting with pentagon's terrorist. turned Syria to a normal testing ground like most African countries..

and that demon come to Africa to tell African nations what it needs and don't need. an institution that is more powerful than president and being controlled by the 1percent, by the neocons, by the Zionist.. all the main stream media, is controlled by the same crooks and this bastard here says crap about institution and compares it to Russia.. in Russia, the police don't kill anyone anyhow or even Africans there.. they live peacefully..

the masses do not carry guns about because there is a functioning institution in Russia... if your entire generation is being deceived by just changing the puppet known as potus every year but not the regime that controls the puppet itself.. it's saying the same thing and even worse than any president in Africa staying in power for more than a century..

what could be worse than a regime that is controlled by 1 percent...you should shut you dirty mouth when normal and well informed people are talking.. during the forum, Putin said, on two separate occasions that the super delegates dictate or choose the president for the people... where is the failed institution here.. all i see is just deceit parading itself as demo-crazy.

a failed institution that could not correct the institutional racism in the same land of dreamless African Americans.. those ones do not have dreams right..

a failed institution where you are being killed and highly discriminated against... you are even more likely to be killed in the same failed institution as an African American. the institution has failed the general masses on so many occasions and it's an institution for the super rich.

which institution is this agama lizard olodo talking about self.. the one that caused last recession stealing over 2 trillion hard earned money of the masses worldwide and this crook is saying junks.. russian institution did not steal the masses money like that..

every word you type irritates me honestly. all these toilet paid trolls be spamming everywhere with junks.

Kennedy was killed by the same 1 percent because he did not do as they say.. now that is the most blood sucking institution..s in all human race. an institution controlled by 1 percent is no institution at all.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Admits US Is The Only Superpower In The World Today by ValerianSteel(m): 4:05am On Jun 19, 2016
Appleyard:
Apart from the economic perspective, the US is only ahead of Russia in Numerics. The rest of what you said is true, but how can they work together seeing the United States is basically at war with the rest of the world? Just wondering.
Ermm it's either you came from Mars or you are just being hypocritically stu-pid.

I'd go with the later cause your pandering is an insult on any human who knows where the map of US and Russia is on the globe.

I won't bother with list of how far Russia is to the United States in everything,just read this and let it sink.

"Russia is in no way anywhere near comparable to the United States of America in any sector,culture,way of life,technology,economy,education,military.The US is a million times more advanced than Russia and Russia is of no equal footing or close to a footing with top ten contenders to the United States to start with”.

You obviously know this,so stop playing on your own intelligence,I believe your brain feels insulted by your falsehood.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gadhafi Family In Algeria / Russian Jamming System Blocks All NATO Electronics Over Syria / Putin's Convoy Of Corpses: Trains Are Being Loaded With Dead Russian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.