Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency (1910 Views)

Babatunde Fashola And Donald Duke For President / Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by Revolution: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2006
The leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), worried over the number of presidential aspirants, has now pencilled in governors of Katsina and CrossRiver, Umar Yar’Adua and Donald Duke, for the presidency.
Tunji OLAWUNI, Abuja

The PDP had been worried sick over those jostling to succeed President Olusegun Obasanjo ahead of next month’s national convention. At the last count, no fewer than 15 aspirants including state governors had picked the nomination form on payment of the mandatory N5-million Naira.

One of the governor aspirants, Peter Odili of Rivers, will today submit his form at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja before addressing a world press conference to unfold his plan for the country.

Sources disclosed over the weekend that while the leadership of the party led by its national chairman, Amadu Ali was busy on how to prune the list, the presidency might have penciled in Yar’Adua and Duke.

According to a source, the two have been pencilled in to pair each other following the prudent ways they managed state resources and not known to be frugal with state funds.

It was learnt that a governor from the South-South actually picked nomination form for Yar’Adua to contest the presidential polls and this might have explained the unusual silence of the governor in recent times.

Governor James Ibori after the national executive committee of the party in Abuja last month gave vent to this arrangement when he told journalists that the successor of Obasanjo would come from among the governors.

Sources disclosed that even with the weekend declaration of the vice president, Atiku Abubakar, to contest the presidential election, the PDP seemed not bothered and had concluded plans to ensure only anointed candidates emerge.

Meanwhile, the party has empowered its presidential screening committee to disqualify any aspirant found to have been indicted for corruption or any financial impropriety or abuse of office.

Date for the collection of nomination forms from the PDP will close next week December 5 and in time for screening before the national convention December 16.

Source: http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=9855

Revolution: I will only accept this if Duke is the President and Yar'Adua the vice. Any comments?
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by 4real(m): 2:43am On Nov 30, 2006
me too
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by ANDSTEL(m): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2006
@revolution

i will only accept dat if dukE is the president while Yar'Adua is vice

IN FACT U ARE A PROPHET. DATS WAT ALMOST ALWAYS NIGERIAN WILL WANT.
I AGREE WIT U 150%
CARRY GOOOOOOOOO cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by saintchux(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2006
I will vote for Duke as president, even if IBB turn to be his vice I don't care.
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by otokx(m): 2:57am On Dec 03, 2006
Have any of you considered it the other way round?

Personally I'd prefer a Duke presidency with Yar'adua as vice

1 Like

Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by 4real(m): 5:21am On Dec 03, 2006
i don't care who comes along as long as duke is presido, well sha i do care
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Revolution:
The leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), worried over the number of presidential aspirants, has now pencilled in governors of Katsina and CrossRiver, Umar Yar’Adua and Donald Duke, for the presidency.
Tunji OLAWUNI, Abuja

The PDP had been worried sick over those jostling to succeed President Olusegun Obasanjo ahead of next month’s national convention. At the last count, no fewer than 15 aspirants including state governors had picked the nomination form on payment of the mandatory N5-million Naira.

One of the governor aspirants, Peter Odili of Rivers, will today submit his form at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja before addressing a world press conference to unfold his plan for the country.

Sources disclosed over the weekend that while the leadership of the party led by its national chairman, Amadu Ali was busy on how to prune the list, the presidency might have penciled in Yar’Adua and Duke.

According to a source, the two have been pencilled in to pair each other following the prudent ways they managed state resources and not known to be frugal with state funds.

It was learnt that a governor from the South-South actually picked nomination form for Yar’Adua to contest the presidential polls and this might have explained the unusual silence of the governor in recent times.

Governor James Ibori after the national executive committee of the party in Abuja last month gave vent to this arrangement when he told journalists that the successor of Obasanjo would come from among the governors.

Sources disclosed that even with the weekend declaration of the vice president, Atiku Abubakar, to contest the presidential election, the PDP seemed not bothered and had concluded plans to ensure only anointed candidates emerge.

Meanwhile, the party has empowered its presidential screening committee to disqualify any aspirant found to have been indicted for corruption or any financial impropriety or abuse of office.

Date for the collection of nomination forms from the PDP will close next week December 5 and in time for screening before the national convention December 16.

Source: http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=9855

Revolution: I will only accept this if Duke is the President and Yar'Adua the vice. Any comments?

Man proposes, God disposes.
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by overhypedsteve(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chai where u from see this ancient post, which phone where you using during this period
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nigeria is always a repeat of the same events.
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
This yeye story was in 2006..
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:13am On Oct 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
This yeye story was in 2006..
whats different today?
Re: PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency by publicenemy(m): 1:17am On Oct 17, 2014
The Yar'adua family is good.

and what is that thief James Ibori still doin in the Nigerian political setting?

Hmmnn...some people no dey shame o.

(1) (Reply)

Save Akwa Ibom From The Governors Head Hunters / What Happened To These Contracts? / LOL Aregbesola Distrubte Odourless Fufu ,while Omisore Dashes Out Bag Of RICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.