Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) (783 Views)

Avengers Return, Vow To Continue Pipeline Bombing / Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested / We Won’t Stop Pipeline Bombing - Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2016
AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT

MINISTRY OF INFORMATION

PRESS RELEASE

AKSG DEBUNKS RUMOUR OF PIPELINE BOMBING

Akwa Ibom State Government has debunked rumours of pipeline bombing in Ikot Osute, Oruk Anam local government area, even as it calls for calm among citizens who may have been troubled by the purported development.

Reacting to the rumours after a visit to the site, the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah stated that “there is no iota of truth in the claims making rounds in the social media”, stating that what happened was an eruption occasioned by leakage in the old pipeline of the Nigerian Gas Company, NGC, which traversed the area.

He further emphasised that “no pipeline has been bombed in Akwa Ibom State” adding that “those peddling such rumours are ignorant of the true situation in the affected area.”

According to the Commissioner, “as at Thursday morning, when security operatives and officials of the State government visited Ikot Osute, the state Ministry of Environment, NGC personnel and other gas companies operating the area were on site, working round the clock to ensure safety in the area.”

Mr. Umanah enjoined Akwa Ibom people and indeed Nigerians to remain calm and go about their businesses as government was committed to protecting lives and property of all citizens in the State. He assured that security agents have cordoned off the area to forestall against any eventuality

Idris Mabadeje
Information Officer
16/06/16

Sources: http://brainnewsng.com/akwa-ibom-govt-debunks-rumour-of-pipeline-bombing-photos/

http://brainnewsng.com/there-was-no-explosion-of-nnpc-pipelines-in-akwa-ibom-by-niger-delta-avengers-police/

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by EMMYLBANKS(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2016
over to the NDA...why the lies
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:

hehehehehehe

Abi?

Even the Police Confirmed it, that there was 'no' Bombings in the state by the militants.
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2016
Nda are just toothless bulldogs controlled by tompolo angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
so NDA sabi lie sef. grin

They better go and collect their share of whatever amnesty lies in wait before other groups outsmart them. It might even get worse for them is splinter groups break away just to partake in amnesty. I see that coming, cos I wonder why I would want to risk my life for the Avengers for nothing. The reason why most youths join them is because of the promise of huge pay. But who is going to spend the pay if they get killed by the Army? That's why most of them will opt for amnesty.
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
so NDA sabi lie sef. grin

They better go and collect their share of whatever amnesty lies in wait before other groups outsmart them. It might even get worse for them is splinter groups break away just to partake in amnesty. I see that coming, cos I wonder why I would want to risk my life for the Avengers for nothing. The reason why most youths join them is because of the promise of huge pay. But who is going to spend the pay if they get killed by the Army? That's why most of them will opt for amnesty.

So you are supporting NDA?
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by olimeh13(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
From page pls..
Re: Akwa Ibom Govt Debunks Rumour Of Pipeline Bombing (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
olimeh13:
From page pls..

Good

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Federal Road In Ikwuano, Abi State . / BREAKING: Buhari Returns To Nigeria / Nigeria Soldier Poses In Front Of Military Customized Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.