Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries (32950 Views)

Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries / Uwakwe Mmaduabukwu, Ward Chairman Dies At UPP Governorship Primaries In Anambra / Godwin Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Etinosajay(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
SeverusSnape:
This is not news abeg. We know already. Next! cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3864223_img20160223135630_jpegca86d3e276cedeb80319c010b67440dc

Is it a beauty pageant?

We're looking for good governance, and you're suggesting fine face.

Dem dey use fine face withdraw money from empty account for bank?

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by maestroferddi: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
bokohalal:
It would have been a contest with Edebiri flying the PDP governership flag. With a known thief as Flagbearer, APC has been handed the Edo State Government House on a platter of gold.
What do you know about politics?

Ize-Iyamu's emergency will probably not surprise any well-meaning PDP person in Edo State. He with state party chairman Dan Orbih have never relented in their effort to liberate Edo from the noise, directionlessness and crassness of the Oshiomhole-led APC government in the state.

You want PDP to present a political neophyte/featherweight so that Oshiomhole and his horde of yes-men would have a cakewalk in entrenching stagnation?

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Etinosajay(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Here comes the Pastor and incoming Governor of Edo state.

Who is the pastor and who is the incoming governor?

You're referring to two persons, aren't you?

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Queengal: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
End time pastor
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Etinosajay(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
chidexSmokey:
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as the state's governor.

You should be surprised. He personally has nothing going for him in Edo state politics.

After September 10th, he'll be quiet for 3years.

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by login123: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
This party call PDP can never learn, why pastor Ize Iyamu? is there no other person in pdp in Edo state? Pastor is a master in state sharing allocations to political leaders...I bet u, if he wins, Edo state will experience backwardness, workers ll not be paid and nobody can do him anytin. Now, go to where he lives in Ugbor( Iyamu farms) , the road is as bad as hell and the same man was in PDP government for 8years and even jumped to APC and later left again for his own selfish interest.
Honestly, edolites need someone like Obaseki, let forget about party name and look at candidate pedigrees. In advance world, politicians are voted for base on pedigree and ideology. This man ( Godwin Obaseki) is a technocrat, professional and industrialist and that is the kind of person edo people should vote for because they need a leader that will think pof job creation and revenue maximization.
I bet u, pastor will only depend on federal government monthly allocation and serious thugs will emanate again in Edo state.
I advise Edo people to vote for person with character and true leader not party name. I see Godwin Obaseki as the right person to leader edo state at this economic harsh period.

4 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by tonardo(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
What will happen to the sheep, God has entrust to this Shephard?
I mean the church...?
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Godblessamaechi: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Adeyeancah:

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/06/20/osagie-ize-iyamu-wins-edo-state-pdp-governorship-primaries/
May the man after God's heart win IJN
God bless Edo State.
God bless us.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by DeRay98(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
chidexSmokey:

hmmmm. I am not arguing as regards to your points but my brother, from the look of things the man has been able to win much people...anyways, governorship result will tell when the time comes.

All the e-warriors in NL are not voters, they make noise laden with bitterness and hatred, nothing more. Since Ogbemudia in the 60s-70s, Ambrose Ali in the 80s no other govnor has added infrastructural development to Edo as Oshiomhole has. Considering the decay he met in 2008. I was born, raised and schooled to uni in Benin.
Ize-Iyamu has no program his Campaigns has been about Oshiomhole and not manifestos. He only wants to be govnor by all means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Babacele: 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
mcfestgee:
I can smell victory for PDP. If APC like they should put Bubu on life support to come and campaign, even Tinubu plus Fashola put together can not give victory. Some six months ago, I relocated to Benin, I know what I am saying. APC only relies on Tony Kanaka an Agbero to win the election with the help of other tout who have bought ticket to travel out of the State should the election not go in their favour. Some have secure traveling visas for themselves, trust my people. They have made so much from Oshomole.
so it is Tony kabaka that has been defeating PDP in Edo....u make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Babacele: 8:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
DeRay98:

All the e-warriors in NL are not voters, they make noise laden with bitterness and hatred, nothing more. Since Ogbemudia in the 60s-70s, Ambrose Ali in the 80s no other govnor has added infrastructural development to Edo as Oshiomhole has. Considering the decay he met in 2008. I was born, raised and schooled to uni in Benin.
Ize-Iyamu has no program his Campaigns has been about Oshiomhole and not manifestos. He only wants to be govnor by all means.
bros leave them , they have started their campaign of lies since last year we dey look them thieves, by the time we start, Iyee dem go run hide with shame . who will give power to Anenih and Lucky in the person of Ize Iyamu?

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by esejessy(f): 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
My governor kiss SAI OSAGIE smiley

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by tuniski: 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
joseph1832:
That was what you said last year, and we all know what happened. One would have thought your reign of false prediction and half truth would have seize by now, but oh no! You're still as resilient as ever. tongue
Last election was an exception bro! Never again will a mantra without Definition sweep nigeria! The citizens are wiser now. Apc shame!

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Babacele: 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:
**** with your analysis u are not from Edo state or a demented PDP member whose logic is in d reverse direction. Edo central is the minority in Edo state and has 5 local government s while Edo North has six local governments and Edo South has 7 local governments. Total=18. U are said Edo central second highest voters that is ur brain is in the reverse gear of lorry.
leave them . For sure the whole of Akoko Edo , Owan and Etsako is Obaseki's for keep 90%. then Edo south and Central is for sharing with Obaseki winning in Bini wt atlst 65% ;Okada, Orhiowhon and a few places may vote for Iyamu giving him 30% , Esan naa 55% n 45%. Apart from rigging,stealing and violence what legacy has PDP in Edo? We shall tell them ....they think they can reenact the intimidation in Rivers n Bayelsa here....we shall keep them in check henceforth ....just watch.

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Austino50: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
You no know book at all! at all!!, so you no know say Dr. Dakuku Peterside was a elected member of the Federal House of Representatives? did you think he just came into politics in Rivers State? if he was not popular why did wike and pdp under Jonathan and Patience rigged the election
goodvision12:
you just spoke like a professor from Ado Ekiti
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Austino50: 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
You Know book
Babacele:
leave them . For sure the whole of Akoko Edo , Owan and Etsako is Obaseki's for keep 90%. then Edo south and Central is for sharing with Obaseki winning in Bini wt atlst 65% ;Okada, Orhiowhon and a few places may vote for Iyamu giving him 30% , Esan naa 55% n 45%. Apart from rigging,stealing and violence what legacy has PDP in Edo? We shall tell them ....they think they can reenact the intimidation in Rivers n Bayelsa here....we shall keep them in check henceforth ....just watch.

3 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Babacele: 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Austino50:
You Know book
lols , thank you sir.
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Babacele: 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
tuniski:

Last election was an exception bro! Never again will a mantra without Definition sweep nigeria! The citizens are wiser now. Apc shame!
so wetin be PDP's record for Edo una wey get mantra wt definition? is it the blocked drainages , bad roads, erosion, lack of employment, looting, hopelessness, abi na iyekogba estate? all those changed to positive when Oshiomole came so how pdp go win? una dey joke.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Nellybank(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lol... Does it means edo state will neva have an handsome governor?
SeverusSnape:
This is not news abeg. We know already. Next! cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3864223_img20160223135630_jpegca86d3e276cedeb80319c010b67440dc
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
login123:
This party call PDP can never learn, why pastor Ize Iyamu? is there no other person in pdp in Edo state? Pastor is a master in state sharing allocations to political leaders...I bet u, if he wins, Edo state will experience backwardness, workers ll not be paid and nobody can do him anytin. Now, go to where he lives in Ugbor( Iyamu farms) , the road is as bad as hell and the same man was in PDP government for 8years and even jumped to APC and later left again for his own selfish interest.
Honestly, edolites need someone like Obaseki, let forget about party name and look at candidate pedigrees. In advance world, politicians are voted for base on pedigree and ideology. This man ( Godwin Obaseki) is a technocrat, professional and industrialist and that is the kind of person edo people should vote for because they need a leader that will think pof job creation and revenue maximization.
I bet u, pastor will only depend on federal government monthly allocation and serious thugs will emanate again in Edo state.
I advise Edo people to vote for person with character and true leader not party name. I see Godwin Obaseki as the right person to leader edo state at this economic harsh period.
The two candidates aren't better. I rather vote for Apga than those parties
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Sweetlemon(f): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
Since when did Igbos develop interest in Edo state?
This is a state they always say they don't need in their biafra. So what's up?

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by asherlowitz: 12:17am On Jun 21, 2016
locosis007:
Congrats to izeyamu. He is a competent opposition. Hes fierce and industrious. He's a thief also. No offence to him

But oshiomhole got Edo state( edo north nd south mainly) locked down like jagaban

It will be ;

Technocrat (a mole) VS Radical (a looter)

Choose carefully!!!

I'd certainly go for the mole who might possibly break free in due course than a morbide looter...
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by 4rmthewest(m): 12:34am On Jun 21, 2016
Congrats
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by wasiu22: 6:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Have seen a lot of pretty ladies who have the dream of being in the
media get rejected for the single reason of having their face disfigured
by their parent ignorantly and i see a lot of people crying for help....call 234817235120 or whatsapp to order for Tribal mark removal
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by DeRay98(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2016
MrBully:
There should be no relationship with the house of God and house of politics. Shame on that pastor

My brother, that assertion is no longer tenable believe me. I just to think like that for years until a renown student campus evangelist which even his own fellowship members like me didn't accept his decision to contest for SUG president in Uniben in the 90s. He not contested but he won a landslide and turned SUG around even conducting a successful allure that even his adversaries applauded and started to support him. He completed tenure and leff huge sum of money in SUG treasury. That changed the attitude of students towards Christians in campus politics such that in the subsequent 5 years, Christian politicians won SUG presidency 3x including a former Christian Union president and Bible study Secretary.
It's a matter of the person's character when he enters politics. Good Christians abandoning political matters as a secular endeavour, is the reason cultists and Area fathers hijacked our resources and we are suffering today. As per Pastor Ize-Iyamu, he lacks the character to lead and defend the faith and the state. His 8 years work with Igbinedion and Annenih is fresh in Edo state history. If he had character should have resigned from that administration, a decision that would have earned him an Edo hero status.
Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Deadlytruth(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2016
EdoBoy90:
**** with your analysis u are not from Edo state or a demented PDP member whose logic is in d reverse direction. Edo central is the minority in Edo state and has 5 local government s while Edo North has six local governments and Edo South has 7 local governments. Total=18. U are said Edo central second highest voters that is ur brain is in the reverse gear of lorry.

Thanks. I am seriously amused by the analyses being made by non-Edolites here particularly those from the East. Before now they had been saying Edo is not really a SS state but now their song has changed to "PDP is SS and SS in PDP" just because they want Edo to fall back into PDP. It is even more shocking for a stranger on NL to claim that Edo Central (with 500,000 2006 census figure) is more populated than Edo North (with 1.1 million 2006 census figure). They claim Edo Central is PDP stronghold but they have not bothered to ask themselves why PDP is indisposed to giving its ticket to Edo Central but to Edo South despite the fact that after Igbinedion (Edo South) followed by Oshiomhole (Edo North), fairness and balance dictates that it is the turn of Edo Central. Even in 2012 PDP still gave its ticket to Edo South (Airhiavbare) instead of Edo Central as dictated by Zoning. They also forget that PDP lost to ACN in all the five Edo Central LGAs in 2012 election. They claim Obaseki is not a grassroots man as if Oshiomhole himself had any grassroots whatever in 2007 when he contested and won. Edo state does not vote on any kind of primordial sentiments or mundane factors like grassroots, looks or stomach infrastructure but based on reality on ground.
Osunbor was very handsome but he lost to Oshiomhole. Edo remains the state least influenced by sentiments in voting.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by localblood(m): 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Let GODWIN EDO STATE #obaseki

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by Deadlytruth(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
Babacele:

Thank you. They think Edo people reason like other Nigerians. They keep watching and seeing events in Edo State but they never understand. What they don't know about Edo State politics is that anything associated with Lucky and Anenih is seen as evil. In 2012 despite General Charles was not known to have been part of the 8 year ruin of Lucky and Anenih, yet he was rejected just because he was seen as Anenih's face in that election. Is it Ize Iyamu who was an integral part of Lucky/Anenih locust years that Edos will now vote for? Edo people don't forgive in politics. In 2012 General Charles was beaten black and blue in all the 7 LGAs in Edo South and even in his pollen booth. That put paid to the theory of Beninism in Edo politics. They think Edo is Rivers or Bayelsa. They forget that it was in Edo State that Obasanjo's rigging machine first developed fault in 2007/2008.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries by sisiklara3(f): 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Goddex:
[size=15pt]Gbam . . . Edo is gone to PDP
Unless APC rigs
[/size]

Nna men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Issue Joint Statement On National Assembly Invasion / Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria / Atiku And Buhari Education Policies: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.