Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) (1553 Views)

Nigerians Storm The Nigerian Embassy In UK, Protest Deplorable State (Video) / Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by andertoph(m): 2:09am On Jun 21, 2016
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4d0hi72nueb.7a01c834.jpg[/img]

The Owerri local airport in Imo state also known as the Sam
Mbakwe International
cargo airport, was in shambles after experiencing very heavy rainfall.

According to a Twitter user identified as
Olajide, the airport had a roof that was leaking in several places, causing some of the workers to put buckets to try to catch the pouring rain.

Olajide shared a video of him being accosted
by one of the airport officials who tried to stop him from taking
pictures and recording videos.

Here’s the video below:

https://twitter.com/0lajide/status/744480156090249216

This is shameful! What do you think?

SOURCE: https://uzopedia./2016/06/21/shame-see-the-deplorable-state-of-a-popular-airport-in-nigeria-photos/
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:16am On Jun 21, 2016
Even though the feds confiscated this airstrip, the easterners have not been able in this democracy to even create for themselves one of the most important things needed-International Airport. They are there waiting for Fg to do what they could have done from Orji Kalu Udenwa Egwu times to now, instead of building useless structures all over the place

1 Like

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by DonMaxxy(m): 2:26am On Jun 21, 2016
what is the poster above me trying to mean or meaning to say...

@post, that's what you reap when a state governor leaves his duty post going playing soccer and doing some frivolous stuffs...forming captain on top pot belly...running up and down from pillar to post gallabanting the entire Nigeria.

Okoroawusa supporters...food done ready

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:38am On Jun 21, 2016
DonMaxxy:
what is the poster above me saying to mean or meaning to say...

@post that's what you reap when your governor leaves his duty to go and play ball...forming captain on top pot belly

That in short, is what I've been saying, even at times "BANNED" by those who out of sentiment or waking up with maybe headache decide to censor folks...

But there's so many usernames so no wahalasmiley

1 Like

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by eleko1: 3:17am On Jun 21, 2016
sad sad Effect of STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION LEGACY of the SHOELESS ONE sad. STEALER ODUAH gift to Eastside pipu embarassed cheesy. sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by oduastates: 3:42am On Jun 21, 2016
Have you seen Murtala airport?
Yep , one of the airports Stellah Oduah transformed with unappropriated $1 billion .
Stinking toilet , leaking roof , lack of ventilation, torn and broken chairs and table all over , missing ceiling tiles and exposed beams , torn conveyors belt
It is a mess

5 Likes

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by amtaken(f): 3:56am On Jun 21, 2016
What else do you expect in an APC-led state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Damsonkc(m): 4:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Everyone who blames this embarrassment on the Igbo race or the APC or PDP is not in Nigeria. There is no single standard airport in Nigeria. Not even one! This is our collective shame. Whether PDP or APC or BBC or CNN, I don't care. We must seize these leaders and force them to work. Nigerians, please have sense for once and stop turning deaf ears because it is not directly happening in your father's house. Okorocha happens to be from a neighbouring town. His mother is even from my kindred but I must say that I am very disappointed in him. I feel this pain personally. We all must fight this injustice. We must not wait till we are given Biafra or Bakassi or anything before we can hold this fraudsters and send them packing. God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Laid2001: 5:05am On Jun 21, 2016
Excellent legacy of GEJ
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Ademusiwa1: 5:36am On Jun 21, 2016
[size=28pt]They have leave the state to repair everything. It is own by the state

The Federal is not coming to fix anything in the east any more.

Everybody is fixing their thing them self now.
Nobody is coming to the east to fix anything.

They should hand over the universities in the east to them to fix too.

They are all in bad state.

[/size]
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by laykhorn(m): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2016
My brother! This is not an Airport, this is a man's room with leaking overhead.

What's the diff BTW the rain in the open and in that room

1 Like

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by laykhorn(m): 6:06am On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
What else do you expect in an APC-led state?

Oh! It is no more Stella Oduah now sad

2 Likes

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Abeymills(m): 6:11am On Jun 21, 2016
Apc is a disaster
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Jay542(m): 6:15am On Jun 21, 2016
Abeymills:
Apc is a disaster
not Apc but Nigeria. Don't judge until after 4yrs
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 21, 2016
Abeymills:
PDP is a disaster
There... FIXED grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by AntiWailer: 6:17am On Jun 21, 2016
Damsonkc:
Everyone who blames this embarrassment on the Igbo race or the APC or PDP is not in Nigeria. There is no single standard airport in Nigeria. Not even one! This is our collective shame. Whether PDP or APC or BBC or CNN, I don't care. We must seize these leaders and force them to work. Nigerians, please have sense for once and stop turning deaf ears because it is not directly happening in your father's house. Okorocha happens to be from a neighbouring town. His mother is even from my kindred but I must say that I am very disappointed in him. I feel this pain personally. We all must fight this injustice. We must not wait till we are given Biafra or Bakassi or anything before we can hold this fraudsters and send them packing. God bless you all.

But GEJ campaigned with pictures of transformed airports.

And I kept wondering which country they are.

Thank God we voted d scam and his team out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Fyno: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2016
This is one of the effects of putting the wrong people in power,I used that Airport and others like the one in enugwu and the MM2 and I can tell you authoritatively that these airports had a face lift during Odua's regime, the toilets were refurnished, there was total remodeling of all of them and even new terminals were been constructed,on ma way to China on one trip after seeing the pace with which the new terminal at MM2 is been constructed by CCECC, I got to Guangzhou airport only to discover the same CCECC is constructing a new terminal reminiscent of the one in Nigeria but out of hatred we stupidly chased the best govt we had out and we are seeing the effects, last time I used the owerri airport it was horrible, the toilets are filled with shit and smelling,i asked and they said the workers have not been paid for 8 months and the tips we offer them are not forthcoming because of the economic hardship in the country, even the mm2 is now a shadow of itself, talk to the employees and they will tell you how bad things have turned in this airports. The little maintenance culture instilled by the last administration has been killed by this administration

Odua still remains the best Aviation minister we had

Her legacies are been allowed to detoriate by the present politicians in this govt who lack ideas in public administration, they are only good in making noise and deceiving the gullible youths that depends on this forum for information, how I wish many of you are privileged to have travelled through this airports constantly for the past 5 years you would've understood better but most of you here hardly leave your states yet you will want to cast the first stone on the past govt.
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2016
Fyno:
This is one of the effects of putting the wrong people in power,I used that Airport and others like the one in enugwu and the MM2 and I can tell you authoritatively that these airports had a face lift during Odua's regime, the toilets were refurnished, there was total remodeling of all of them and even new terminals were been constructed,on ma way to China on one trip after seeing the pace with which the new terminal at MM2 is been constructed by CCECC, I got to Guangzhou airport only to discover the same CCECC is constructing a new terminal reminiscent of the one in Nigeria but out of hatred we stupidly chased the best govt we had out and we are seeing the effects, last time I used the owerri airport it was horrible, the toilets are filled with shit and smelling,i asked and they said the workers have not been paid for 8 months and the tips we offer them are not forthcoming because of the economic hardship in the country, even the mm2 is now a shadow of itself, talk to the employees and they will tell you how bad things have turned in this airports. The little maintenance culture instilled by the last administration has been killed by this administration

Odua still remains the best Aviation minister we had

Her legacies are been allowed to detoriate by the present politicians in this govt who lack ideas in public administration, they are only good in making noise and deceiving the gullible youths that depends on this forum for information, how I wish many of you are privileged to have travelled through this airports constantly for the past 5 years you would've understood better but most of you here hardly leave your states yet you will want to cast the first stone on the past govt.
You are beyond redemption. Seek God.
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by amtaken(f): 8:30am On Jun 21, 2016
It is the Minister of Aviation in 1960.

Wake up from your slumber!
laykhorn:

Oh! It is no more Stella Oduah now sad
Re: Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) by Fyno: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
You are beyond redemption. Seek God.
the people that needs redemption are the yorubas,hausas and few of my Igbo brothers who supported an illiterate because they think corruption can vanish in a twinkle of an eye.

Redemption is needed by you and your likes that hates anything that comes out from ibos whether good orj bad.

You need redemption because you can't reason rationally to know the different between allegations and conviction.

You need redemption because you always base your judgement not on facts but on fictitious allegations and lies by the print and electronic media controlled by your elites.

You need redemption because your destiny has been pocketed by these elites and you've been turned to an almajiri who has no dreams and aspirations, who are meant to serve the elites and be used as political tools.
That is why you suffer and smile at the sound of sai baba

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Buhari's Nickname On Wikipedia / Photos: Meet The Nigerian Couple Who Have 5 Girls, And They Are All Lawyers / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any Other Nigerian President – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.