Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal (29769 Views)

Ambode And Jimi Agbaje Meet At The Experience 2017 (Photo) / Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / Ambode And Bagudu Eating Lake Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by olokfor: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
The Lagos State government and the City of Dubai have entered a historic partnership that will create the first Smart City in Africa.

The Memorandum of Understanding for the Lagos Smart City was on Monday signed at the Emirate Towers by the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Mr. Adeniji Kazeem and the Chief Executive Officer of Smart City Dubai LLC, Mr. Jabber Bin Hafez.

The signing of the MOU, which will make Lagos the home of the very first Smart City in Africa, was witnessed by the Chairman of Dubai Holdings, His Excellency, Ahmad Bin Byat who is also the Deputy Prime Minister and the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.

A Smart City is a growing concept that draws from the success of Dubai’s innovative knowledge-based industry clusters ” to empower business growth for companies and knowledge workers all over the world”.

In a release signed on Tuesday by the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, the Smart City (Lagos) is expected to bring multi-billion dollars investments to Lagos, create several thousands of jobs and transform the Ibeju-Lekki axis in particular and the entire Lagos State in general.

“This is a deliberate attempt by us to establish a strong convergence between technology, economic development and governance, and ” says Governor Ambode.

“The MOU between Lagos State Government and Dubai Holdings, LLC, owners of Smart City (Dubai) to develop a sustainable, smart, globally connected knowledge-based communities that drive knowledge economy, ” he stated.

The governor stated that the collaboration is part of the larger vision to make Lagos safer, cleaner and more prosperous.

He said: ” A smart-city Lagos will be the pride of all Lagosians just as we have smart city Dubai, Smart-City Malta and Smart-City Kochi (India). We are encouraged by the fact we do not, as a government, need to develop at a slow pace, but take full advantage of the digital age and fast track development of Lagos to a real megalopolis that we can all be proud of.”

The statement quoted Governor Ambode further as saying that ” the future is ours to take. It also marks the first smart city in Africa when completed.

The governor added that apart from creating jobs for the people, the project would also become the world’s first carbon neutral city. “Lagos,” he stated, “will become an important centre for innovations in smart technologies, wellness and destination for green tourism.”

Earlier in his remarks, the Deputy Prime Minister Bin Byat said the Dubai authorities were impressed with the conduct and readiness of Lagos State government and were eager to proceed with the Lagos State government and the Smart City Lagos company, which is the operating entity for the project.

When completed, the Smart City Lagos will have, among other features: a 12-lane road, hotel resorts, world-class technological education facilities, a rail metroline, to mention but a few.

Ayorinde said the signing ceremony was also witnessed by the Chairman of Smart City Lagos Ltd, Prof. Pat Utomi; the Special Adviser to the Governor on Overseas Affairs and Investment, Prof. Ademola Abass; Chairman, Public Accounts Committee of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Olanrewaju Oshun, Hon. Dipo Famakinwa and Mr. Obafemi Saheed.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-ambode-signs-historic-smart-city.html

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2016
I like the part where they didn't mention how much will be used in the project. Trillions of naira I'm sure. A smart city in a dull country is quite useless if you ask me. Let those in power prioritize properly. However, I cannot deny the fact that Ambode is working. Of the 36 governors...I'll rank him between 1st and 4th.

*modified*

Some brilliant minds made me see matters clearly. There's no country in the world were each of her cities grew at the same pace. The slow pace at which the country as a whole is growing should not hinder the growth of a city that is determined to be up there with the elites. Lagos...make us proud.

27 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by thesicilian: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2016
Ambode again?

<in orubebe's voice> We will not allow this. Someone should arrest him, he's doing too much!

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Chai!!

This Ambode guy has shut a lot of people up including me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by buharisbae(f): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2016
The only brown loof govt that is working
keep it up!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by benedictnsi(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2016
[size=14pt] AMBODE and OBIANO (working Governors)

FAYOSE and OTHERS (talking and complaining Governors) gringrin
[/size]

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Feranchek(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Ride on brov!!

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Movic1(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2016
Leta Some people will come with dr 7up head and start to shout We developed Lagos

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by olatunjithomas(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2016
that's my man..
meanwhile,grooving my all time gbedu.[ I LOVE LAGOS] and sipping on my cold zobo.
itesiwaju eko lojewalogun.
Lagos state is working.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2016
Am waiting for the developers tribe.awon elenu rada rada,they would be shoutind I develop lagos now like say na willie obianno dat went to dubai to sign the deal on behalf of lagos.
They keep calling us brown roof republic,while they themselve are palm tree roofed republic made up of bend down nd enter hut

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 9:44am On Jun 21, 2016
Movic1:
Leta Some people will come with dr 7up head and start to shout We developed Lagos
u dy mind dem,mean while there region equal to palm tree roofed republic.they can't stay in dere land of crashing sun,na to dy troop cume lagos(amelika) under bridge

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2016
islamophobes thought. ISLAMATISATION

3 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wheredemdey: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2016
Our Lagos will not fail

Our pride and collective heritage....our general patrimony...built by all...developed by all...inhabited by all...ruled by all....our Lagos...home for all.

God bless our Lagos...

God bless Ambode.....

Ambode is making headway...dwarfing all the fake achievements of that mega tribalist...that white haired failure that used millions to drill borehole...that failure of a minister.....Ambode has shut up the clown in just one year....priceless

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by ChetaNwaeze: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2016
We Igbos are the one that developed Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wheredemdey: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am waiting for the developers tribe.awon elenu rada rada,they would be shoutind I develop lagos now like say na willie obianno dat went to dubai to sign the deal on behalf of lagos.
They keep calling us brown roof republic,while they themselve are palm tree roofed republic made up of bend down nd enter hut

iamDiabolic:
u dy mind dem,mean while there region equal to palm tree roofed republic.they can't stay in dere land of crashing sun,na to dy troop cume lagos(amelika) under bridge

Awww..cry me a lagoon....as you speak...20 luxurious buses are enroute to Lagos with able-bodied men and women...who are coming to STAY(not holidays)....to LIVE and WORK in Lagos...to enjoy the sweat of their fathers and mothers that made Lagos state what it is today.......hope u understand.

Regards

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by kendrick9(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2016
thesicilian:
Ambode again?

<in orubebe's voice> We will not allow this. Someone should arrest him, he's doing too much!
Nigerian mentality..a governor is doing what he is supposed doing and you are all prasing him to high heavens. Standards are so low in this country

12 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by kendrick9(m): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2016
iamDiabolic:
senseless post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Ajibel(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
I like the part where they didn't mention how much will be used in the project. Trillions of naira I'm sure. A smart city in a dull country is quite useless if you ask me. Let those in power prioritize properly. However, I cannot deny the fact that Ambode is working. Of the 36 governors...I'll rank him between 1st and 4th.

Did you miss where Ambode said this: He said: ” A smart-city Lagos will be the pride of all Lagosians just as we have smart city Dubai, Smart-City Malta and Smart-City Kochi (India). We are encouraged by the fact we do not, as a government, need to develop at a slow pace, but take full advantage of the digital age and fast track development of Lagos to a real megalopolis that we can all be proud of.”

Let's do away with this mentality and believe that things/ developments can be done simultaneously.

If I should ask you, what should be the priority of the government that they are not or havent thought about doing?

You say a smart city in a dull country, but we are talking about Lagos here where everything is possible and achievable.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by shamsuRana(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2016
the arabs will do a good work.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Destined2win: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by badaoyeyemi(f): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2016
wheredemdey:

Awww..cry me a lagoon....as you speak...20 luxurious buses are enroute to Lagos with able-bodied men and women...who are coming to STAY(not holidays)....to LIVE and WORK in Lagos...to enjoy the sweat of their fathers and mothers that made Lagos state what it is today.......hope u understand.

Regards
e dn pain be i-pap yoot,I thought u want biafra.can u show me d 20 luxurious bus nd d ebu-bodied men.they are only coming to sell fanyago,gala nd fake things,worst dy push drugs nd end up in jail

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2016
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by apholaryn: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2016
kendrick9:
Nigerian mentality..a governor is doing what he is supposed doing and you are all prasing him to high heavens. Standards are so low in this country
ITK...clap for yourself we don hear u.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2016
kendrick9:
senseless post
go nd develop ur region,when would dubai start constrictin dull-anambra.oh u guys are d one who develop dubai nd u are d ones who built burj-khalifa

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Achuwa1(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2016
only a christian can do tht.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Ajibel(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2016
Ambode is going to be a lucky Governor.

So many massive projects would be completed under his tenure.

Eko atlantic city/ Light rail projects/ Lekki FTZ; airport; seaport/ 4th mainland bridge etc.

By the time he is done by 2023, we'd all be asking which successor can fit into his big shoes he is leaving behind cool

It's all to the benefit of the state and the country at large.

That's why I don't believe those who say if Nigeria breaks up, Lagos revenue would be affected. With more developmental projects, more people would be attracted to the state and in turn increase the state's GDP.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Movic1(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2016
iamDiabolic:
lol! One man from abia go just stand up begin shout ! We owned 90% of land/properties in lagos including Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge cheesy cheesy

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Qmerit(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2016
Woooooooooooooow
Kudos Ambodeeee.
Not talking before doing it!
Nice one chief Ambode!
I give u that tittle no one I say no one can ask me why please! I just give him just like that simple!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by moffat(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2016
Take my money to dubai
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2016
Nna na wa o...... The rate at which Lagos is developing n signing developmental agreements eh, very soon some state governors will relocate their government house to Lagos (Benue comes to mind). Wish Rochas will emulate his potbellied friend, Ambode, and stop building statues up n down the state capital cos everywhere is gradually turning to a Halloween park.

#I believe IMO will be great#

13 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2016
great

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No First Lady Has Been Harassed Like Me, Says Patience Jonathan / Godswill Akpabio Visits Buhari In London, Set To Quit PDP For APC / Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.