Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? (940 Views)

Nigerians Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Ghana's Ruling Party / We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community / We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by helphelp: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello guys,

The idea of the above topic is not only to get a "yes" or "no" response. But to also know your reasons for either answer.

As for me, I expected so much from this government, as I honestly voted them wholeheartedly.

But, at this point I must say I want to believe in this famous quote "the devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know".

My basis of regrets are quite much but can be limited to the below:

1. Low power outage

2. Job losses

3. Increase in PMS which in turn increases transportation

4. Unresponsive attitude towards fulani herdsmen attack

Please note that, the above is my own opinion. I've heard people say "it gets worse before it gets better"...then I ask, for how long...it's a different thing when steps are glaring to make things better...

And if you must know, I have really studied this government's approach towards passing policies, but I'll only discuss two of it...the subsidy removal and floating of the Naira.

The Fuel Subsidy removal

In simple terms, the present day government stretches the hardship to get PMS...unending scarcity of the commodity, forcing the populace to adhere to outrageous black market prices, get them to be used to it and then they remove subsidy and they take the messiah stand.

Remember for some, the N145/litre is like making the black market price they are used to legit, so all they want and cry for is availability of the product.

Floating our currency

We know the Buhari led government has been adamant to devalue the Naira, so businesses had to struggle, some close down over a period of 16 sad months of stubbornness.

Anyways, fast forward to Monday...just like the PMS, people are so used to N380 to a $ that they forget already that in plain terms dollar has shifted from 197 to 288 (devalue with sense)...all they focus on is the parallel market...to all, government is the messiah again to have brought up a policy that gave the Naira strength. N380 to N288 is a big deal isn't it?

To be honest, I can't wait for better days. But I know it could have been better with another person at the elms of affairs. Be it KOWA or any other party

Please let's hear from you guys as well...

NB: pardon any typographical error, as I typed all these hastily to get back to work (Na lie oooo, na sleep I dey sleep so)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Topestbilly(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2016
I didn't vote for PMB but dats useless now.

When he was elected I felt whether em or whoever I wanted is not relevant at dis point but the betterment of Nigeria n Nigerians is most important and a priority so I give the administration my support, to my greatest surprise they didn't last 2months b4 everything moved to the high-side.

I'm disappointed!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by AnodaIT(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2016
I didn't vote for him

How can I leave Goodluck and vote for Badluck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Olachase(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2016
i book too
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by babadee1(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2016
helphelp:
Hello guys,

The idea of the above topic is not only to get a "yes" or "no" response. But to also know your reasons for either answer.

As for me, I expected so much from this government, as I honestly voted them wholeheartedly.

But, at this point I must say I want to believe in this famous quote "the devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know".

1. Low power outage

2. Job losses

3. Increase in PMS which in turn increases transportation

4. Unresponsive attitude towards fulani herdsmen attack

Please note that, the above is my own opinion. I've heard people say "it gets worse before it gets better"...then I ask, for how long...it's a different thing when steps are glaring to make things better...

And if you must know, I have really studied this government's approach towards passing policies, but I'll only discuss two of it...the subsidy removal and floating of the Naira.

The Fuel Subsidy removal

In simple terms, the present day government stretches the hardship to get PMS...unending scarcity of the commodity, forcing the populace to adhere to outrageous black market prices, get them to be used to it and then they remove subsidy and they take the messiah stand.

Remember for some, the N145/litre is like making the black market price they are used to legit, so all they want and cry for is availability of the product.

Floating our currency

We know the Buhari led government has been adamant to devalue the Naira, so businesses had to struggle, some close down over a period of 16 sad months of stubbornness.

Anyways, fast forward to Monday...just like the PMS, people are so used to N380 to a $ that they forget already that in plain terms dollar has shifted from 197 to 288 (devalue with sense)...all they focus on is the parallel market...to all, government is the messiah again to have brought up a policy that gave the Naira strength. N380 to N288 is a big deal isn't it?

To be honest, I can't wait for better days. But I know it could have been better with another person at the elms of affairs. Be it KOWA or any other party

Please let's here from you guys as well...

NB: pardon any typographical error, as I typed all these hastily to get back to work (Na lie oooo, na sleep I dey sleep so)

No. It's silly to start judging a four year term within the first year. By that standard Obama's presidency would be an abject failure. It takes time to create systemic changes on a national scale. Let's revisit this issue in another year or two.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2016
Many of them do. They're just pretending.

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Paperwhite(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Absolutely no regret as I did not vote for him as I was convinced he has nothing to better our national life.Only bemoaning those who did to bring this untold hardship on us all.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Any government that tells you to make Sacrifice amidst hardship, even when he has not make a sacrifice is an hypocrite and he will never make things better.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Paperwhite(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Absolutely no regret as I did not vote for him as I was convinced he has nothing to better our national life.Only bemoaning those who did to bring this untold hardship of us.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Let's watch ipob touts now disguise as former APC chauvinists grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2016
If pdp was still in power things would not be as worst as it is.Though there will still be massive corruption going on under it.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2016
babadee1:

No. It's silly to start judging a four year term within the first year. By that standard Obama's presidency would be an abject failure. It takes time to create systemic changes on a national scale. Let's revisit this issue in another year or two.
So we should strive till four years before things can be better?Who knows you could be one of Buhari's aides who get most of these goodies for free.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by musa56(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2016
HELL NO!!!!
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by babadee1(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2016
Love Machine:
So we should strive till four years before things can be better?Who knows you could be one of Buhari's aides who get most of these goodies for free.

Read my earlier post again slowly. I don't think you understood it the first time around.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by pharmagba: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2016
I voted for him and sincerely I have no regrets. I have not been disappointed for a moment.
I see sincerity and true commitment to making Nigeria a great nation.
To make a delicious soup all the wonderful ingredient must be in a pot and put on fire. Other ingredients are added as the process goes on until all the CHANGE is made, behold the delicacy of all tongues.
Goodness I'm already salivating, Nigeria will be great again.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by ganye1: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
I have no regret in voting for Buhari and given the same choice I will vote Buhari over Jonathan again.
I live in Adamawa state and before Buhari there was a real possibility of our area being overrun by Boko Haram but now Boko Haram is eliminated and people are enjoying peace.
I fully understand that the damage done by PDP's 16 years rule cannot be undone within a year and that must of the problems we are facing are result of PDP's misrule.
I am more determined than ever before to support this government to prove that their sabotage will never make me wish to return to the era where our resources are stolen with impunity and Boko Haram is killing people and gaining territories for their caliphate and the government cannot do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by Abeymills(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
I did not vote 4 dat clueless wicked old miser n am greatful to God
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by iamDiabolic(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Am not his fan nd I don't think I would be,but I think we should give him a chance till 2019.though his 1st year has a lot of flaw but am gonna give him benefit of doubt till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by diegwu01: 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
I dey laugh!
Every 2-3 weeks, a wailer opens A similar thread with this same topic, hoping to know if their Wailing and Ranting swayed some rational and Objective Nigerians to their miserable Wailing camp, After noticing their efforts are a vain, they wail more and try again on a later date with same topic...
grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by diegwu01: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
I regret NOT being around to Vote Buhari
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by crudeoilagent: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
I did not vote for him cos I anticipated what is happening now. I could smell disaster right from when he was contesting. I knew he had nothing to offer us. He had nothing to lose. He is a grandfather so why should he care about our suffering. I only pity the unborn generation of those who support this present govt.

Doom awaits.
Re: Do You Regret Voting For President Buhari ? by mikolo80: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
helphelp:
Hello guys,

1. Low power outage 160 million people managing 5000mw for 66yrs
what do you expact ?

2. Job losses no power for 66yrs to power industry
what do you expect?

3. Increase in PMS which in turn increases transportation no refineries for 50yrs what do you expect

4. Unresponsive attitude towards fulani herdsmen attack no comment but i expect nigerians to respond like men not like cowards

you don't put water inside basket
when some ppl suffer for looting even his untochable party members will watch their step lest they lose elections and become recipients of same treatment

The Fuel Subsidy removal

Floating our currency

Anyways, fast forward to Monday...just like the PMS, people are so used to N380 to a $ that they forget already that in plain terms dollar has shifted from 197 to 288 (devalue with sense)...all they focus on is the parallel market...to all, government is the messiah again to have brought up a policy that gave the Naira strength. N380 to N288 is a big deal isn't it? stop importing what you can produce you lazy person
enter farm o tooothpick factory

Please let's hear from you guys as well...

kowa could only win one rep seat so stop dreaming
only other option is pdp that put us in this mess we find ourself

no i do no regret voting for buhari
and would do so again until a better person volunteers to replace him
not all thes pat utomi type gramarians o,serious volunteers

(1) (Reply)

After Fayose Confession:contemplating Closing My Zenith Account / Niger Delta Avengers Blow Up 2 Major Chevron Oil Wells In Delta This Morning(pic / $258million Hired Saudi Marcenaries: NDRC Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.