Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents (18707 Views)

Protesting Youths Boo, Stone Ortom As Military Battle Protests In Benue / BREAKING: We Regret Appointing Aisha, She Must Resign - APC / We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:47am On May 07, 2016
The Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom has come under heavy attacks by angry people of the state for ‘taking them for granted.’
Ortom had during an interactive session on Harvest FM, Makurdi, during the week, boasted that he was sure of winning his second term convincingly if God asks him to go ahead.

Pastor Ortom, as he is known among his kinsmen, claimed that the people of the state were happy with him, even though the salaries of civil servants in the state are being owed for months.

However, his comment did not go down well with many citizens who described his 11 months in government as a complete disaster.

Some residents, who spoke with our correspondent in Benue, maintained that one of the greatest mistakes they made was to settle for Ortom as their Governor.

Others, who vented their anger on the social media, advised the Governor to concentrate on how to make Benue State better instead talking about 2019 election, which is still far away.

A resident of High Level who gave her name as Grace Vem argued that Ortom was never prepared for governance, hence his misfiring in the media.

She said, “If you carefully study how Pastor Ortom came on board you would understand that he was never prepared for the position he is occupying today. One cannot point out any meaningful thing he has achieved since assuming power and he is there telling us second term is sure for him. Now I understand the adage that says the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know.”

On his part, Akor, a student of Benue State University said the Governor has made life difficult for students in the state.

“Why would a reasonable governor decided to increased school fee by 100 per cent? It is pure wickedness! This is a man who has cannot confidently point at anything achievement since he assumed power and he is here boasting of second term. Our dear Apostle should sit up and stop telling us stories of his days as a motor park boy. Benue has gone beyond those tales by moonlight,” Akor said.

On his part, ace journalist and publisher of DayBreak Newspaper, Yemi Itodo believes that the Governor is out to completely ruin the state.

According to him, “Ortom is good at uprooting; he does not know how to plant. The blood of the innocent Agatu farmers and those who are currently suffering in the hands of kidnappers and you are pretending as if all is well, will hunt you. If God is alive and still in heaven and reigns all over the earth, you will not win any election in Benue again, that is if you survive this tenure.”

Earlier, a former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Abubakar Tsav stated that Ortom lacks the capacity, capability and the intellect to govern Benue State.

Tsav said, “I am deeply in sympathy with Ortom, because in my view, he does not seem to know what he is doing. He is seriously handicapped and lacks the capacity, capability and intellect to govern Benue State.

To worsen issues, he is aggressive and a shameless lying “MAN OF GOD”.

“He has reduced himself to a Puppet and allowed himself to be led by the nose as a reigning Monarch who relies on falsity and deceit as instrument of performance.

“Where a person knows nothing about something, the best option is ennoble humility and preparedness to learn.

“Ortom is borrowing left right and Centre to impress his masters and to help himself and themselves by operating an expensive Govt. Imagine the purported value of vehicles he bought for his Aides and the number of Committees he set up. It’s unfortunate indeed,” Tsav had said of Ortom in a statement.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/07/we-regret-voting-you-as-our-governor-forget-second-term-benue-citizens-blast-ortom-over-comment/

2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by madridguy(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2016
Even as Pastor Ortom is not performing yet, I still have the assurance that he will still perform brilliantly.

PDP don messed up Benue State so cleaning up will take gradual process.

13 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:50am On May 07, 2016
This will be the general consensus for all states, come 2019. Some asked how will PDP win all 36 states in 2019. Well, watch and see how. As for Benue citizens, all I can say is " GOODMORNING".

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by omenka(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2016
Ortom has been a gargantuan failure so far. The man irritates me.

I wonder what manner of pastor acts the way he does. First hint of what a disaster he'd be was the SUVs he bought for commissioners and the Corollas for mere Transition Local Government chairmen which costed 13mill and 7mill a piece respectively under these difficult times
when everyone else is cutting costs.

Then he went on to misappropriate the bailout funds- now dude can't even pay january salaries of civil servants.

What a shame.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:57am On May 07, 2016
omenka:
Ortom is a gargantuan failure so far. The man irritates me.
WOW, this is a revelation. Omenka finally agrees with an opponent. Praise the lord.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by ajebuter(f): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
omenka:

I wonder what manner of pastor acts the way he does. First hint of what a disaster he'd be was the SUVs he bought for commissioners and the Corollas for mere Transition Local Government chairmen which costed 13mill and 7mill a piece respectively under these difficult times
Shame on him where everyone is cutting costs.

Then he went on to misappropriate the bailout funds- now dude can't even pay january salaries of civil servants.

What a shame.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2016
Benue needs to free themselves from Dajoh Akume.. But the TIVs are so 100 inclined to politics, they don't think of anything aside politics.

8 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by odikimi: 12:21pm On May 07, 2016
madridguy:
Even as Pastor Ortom is not performing yet, I still have the assurance that he will still perform brilliantly.

Who is PDP? AKume ruled as a pdp man for 8yrs, and Suswan for another 8yrs as a PDP man. Ortom was a minister for 4yrs under same PDP, meaning Ortom, Akume and Gemade all contributed to the mess.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by Candyrain(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

WOW, this is a revelation. Omenka finally agrees with an opponent. Praise the lord.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by HolyHero: 12:34pm On May 07, 2016
[size=15pt]
serves them right..

The devil you know is better than the angel you dont know

lemme see how they will carry their pathetic brooms and continue shouting APC!! And CHANGE!! On empty stomach
[/size]

15 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by johnmartus(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2016
Pdp voice as if they vote him in the last general election

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by omenka(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2016
odikimi:

Who is PDP? AKume ruled as a pdp man for 8yrs, and Suswan for another 8yrs as a PDP man. Ortom was a minister for 4yrs under same PDP, meaning Ortom, Akume and Gemade all contributed to the mess.
Anyone who says Akume was a failure doesn't know what he's saying jor- politics aside.

As a PDP governor, Akume did well. I'd say in terms of governors who made impact on the state, Akume comes next to Aper Aku. Had Suswam picked up from where he left off, the state would have been a lot better than it is today- especially if he had continued and expanded the works at Industrial Layout. But all he did was renovate a couple of primary schools, make walkways along the major roads in Makurdi, plant flowers in the middle of the road partitions, remove the flowers the next day, plant grasses, uproot them again, until he made up his mind to cover the place up with concrete at the twilight of his second tenure!! Oh, I forgot, he also installed streetlights which didn't last more than two years along the major roads also.

From what I've seen so far, Ortom might wind up far worse than Suswam.
Even potholes sef dem no dey patch up well.

Smh.

17 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by csamii: 12:51pm On May 07, 2016
omenka:
Anyone who says Akume was a failure doesn't know what he's saying jor- politics aside.

As a PDP governor, Akume did well. I'd say in terms of governors who made impact on the state, Akume comes next to Aper Aku. Had Suswam picked up from where he left off, the state would have been a lot better than it is today- especially if he had continued and expanded the works at Industrial Layout. But all he did was renovate a couple of primary schools, make walkways along the major roads in Makurdi, plant flowers in the middle of the road partitions, remove the flowers the next day, plant grasses, uproot them again, until he made up his mind to cover the place up with concrete at the twilight of his second tenure!! Oh, I forgot, he also installed streetlights which didn't last more than two years along the major roads also.

From what I've seen so far, Ortom might wind up far worse than Suswam.
Even potholes sef dem no dey patch up well.

Smh.

Really

10 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by yaki84: 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
omenka:

when everyone else is cutting costs.

What a shame.

I can see why u r so concerned abt buhari cos ur first n second constituent don fail, I mean ur representative n govr, now all ur efforts n hopes r channelled to buhari's budget.

dont worry I will assist u to pray so buhari go look ur side.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by knightsTempler: 1:07pm On May 07, 2016
When they needed people to work at the CBN, they secretly recruited Buhari's relatives and those of his political associates.

But When it comes to masquerade jobs, they throw it open to all.

May God give the children of Buhari and Lai Mohammed this type of job that they are wishing on us.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by ganisucks(f): 1:36pm On May 07, 2016
Agatu killings, no salaries, fuel scarcity, no light, Benue, I A̶̲̥̅♏ enjoying APC's change, please don't complain. Let's enjoy Buharinomics together.

10 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by donphilopus: 1:39pm On May 07, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

This is not the first time Omenka is saying it on this platform. He has been saying it and would continue to say it if the Governor continues to uphold his failure. If somebody is not trying we say it, unlike you guys who support failures because they are your kinsmen. I have the believe that he (Ortom) would right the wrongs in time and stop being a puppet to any Abuja Politician.

2 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by WhoRUDeceiving: 1:42pm On May 07, 2016
madridguy:

Sharrap there. Stop shifting the goal post. Typical Ni.gga Arean. For 11 months and counting, Ortom cannot point to even 1 single world class plan and you are hear talking about PDP. So I as governor for just siddon look, say, na PDP fault ooh!!!

Huuuuuuuh

15 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by iflywithbuhari(f): 1:46pm On May 07, 2016
donphilopus:

This is not the first time Omenka is saying it on this platform. He has been saying it and would continue to say it if the Governor continues to uphold his failure. If somebody is not trying we say it, unlike you guys who support failures because they are your kinsmen. I have the believe that he (Ortom) would right the wrongs in time and stop being a puppet to any Abuja Politician.
Thanks for the 411, Mr Aproko. But could you ask him, when he will post another thread recanting his earlier thread, that the Fulani attacks were not carried out by Fulanis. As you know the Herdsmen association have claimed responsibility for the attacks.

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by allthingsgood: 1:46pm On May 07, 2016
HolyHero:
[size=15pt]
serves them right..

lemme see how they will carry their pathetic brooms and continue shouting APC!! And CHANGE!! On empty stomach
[/size]

But apc is still better than pdp impunity anytime anyday!

4 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by omenka(m): 1:47pm On May 07, 2016
donphilopus:

That is why I ignored her (him?). I have a very good idea who's behind that moniker. She (he?) can follow me all around for all I care.

They think everyone is like them.

4 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by allthingsgood: 1:48pm On May 07, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Sharrap there. Stop shifting the goal post. Typical Ni.gga Arean. For 11 months and counting, Ortom cannot point to even 1 single world class plan and you are hear talking about PDP. So I as governor for just siddon look, say, na PDP fault ooh!!!

Huuuuuuuh

For the 16yrs pdp ruled, what did they offer other than mass looting and impunity. This is ortom first term so take a chill pill pls!
Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by iflywithbuhari(f): 1:51pm On May 07, 2016
allthingsgood:

For the 16yrs pdp ruled, what did they offer other than mass looting and impunity. This is ortom first term so take a chill pill pls!
But the complaints are coming from Benue indigenes and electorate. So they should take a chill pill.
Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by omenka(m): 1:55pm On May 07, 2016
HolyHero:
[size=15pt]
serves them right..

[/size]
Some of you are so pathetic and too damn emotional. Political discourse isn't meant for folks like you people.

That nonsense about the devil you know is meant for infants. Imagine you spend a fortune buying a new car. It develops a fault and you took it to a mechanic, the mechanic makes the problem far worse than it was when you took it to him. You take back the car and he again makes it even far worse- then you would refuse to change your mechanic and consult someone else because "the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know".

You guys are too un-intelligent. Politics no be ludo game.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by WhoRUDeceiving: 1:55pm On May 07, 2016
allthingsgood:

Then you are going the same route as the last "16 yrs pdp ruled". When Dariye was gov, people like you said the same crap, that the useless military (which Buhari was a staunch member of) messed up for so long and it would take time, that he would need second term, even within 6 months people were already praising him to contest for a second term- just like that.

Today the people are getting more and more wise about the lies and deceit, which hopefully, would result in massive revolt or secession. I hope folks like you making excuses won't be the first to be sent to the guillotine.

2 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 07, 2016
Time is an agent of Revelation, Realization and Recovery......2019 is a time to recover grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by otukpo(f): 1:58pm On May 07, 2016
The devil you know is better than the angel you don't.
Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by allthingsgood: 2:00pm On May 07, 2016
[s]
WhoRUDeceiving:

Then you are going the same route as the last "16 yrs pdp ruled". When Dariye was gov, people like you said the same crap, that the useless military (which Buhari was a staunch member of) messed up for so long and it would take time, that he would need second term, even within 6 months people were already praising him to contest for a second term- just like that.

Today the people are getting more and more wise about the lies and deceit, which hopefully, would result in massive revolt or secession. I hope folks like you making excuses won't be the first to be sent to the guillotine.
[/s]

Trash!

You watch too many movies abeg. Its a democracy for christ sake, if the people are not satisfied after 4yrs then they have the right to throw him out. But dont be making noise when the man has barely started. Noise u didnt make for 16 solid years, all of a sudden ur eyes don open abi.
No be only guillotine. Mtscheeeew

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:09pm On May 07, 2016
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

Trash!

You watch too many movies abeg. Its a democracy for christ sake, if the people are not satisfied after 4yrs then they have the right to throw him out. But dont be making noise when the man has barely started. Noise u didnt make for 16 solid years, all of a sudden ur eyes don open abi.
No be only guillotine. Mtscheeeew

Maybe your gov should invest in quality film, since that is bringing India and America not only billions, but entrenching their culture on una.

By the Way,

Who taught you the word "democracy" self? Na your ancestors practice am'? Those who even tried to tu.sh you up, that is there forefathers, were dreamers in fact. They dreamt of having great kingdoms and nations, even dreamt of coming to your compound to slap you, and make you call yourself their bi.atch (aka the name Nigerian) and you accepted till date.

Today is not the time of sitting down and waiting for 4 years to pass before writing essay. Even Trump that hasn't even officially beam Rep candidate is under heavy scrutiny for your info "Mr Democracy".
Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by Ezemust: 2:12pm On May 07, 2016
donphilopus:

TA Orin was castigated by all remember
Re: We Regret Voting Ortom As Governor: Benue Residents by allthingsgood: 2:16pm On May 07, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Maybe your gov should invest in quality film, since that is bringing India and America not only billions, but entrenching their culture on una.

By the Way,

Who taught you the word "democracy" self? Na your ancestors practice am'? Those who even tried to tu.sh you up, that is there forefathers, were dreamers in fact. They dreamt of having great kingdoms and nations, even dreamt of coming to your compound to slap you, and make you call yourself their bi.atch (aka the name Nigerian) and you accepted till date.

Today is not the time of sitting down and waiting for 4 years to pass before writing essay. Even Trump that hasn't even officially beam Rep candidate is under heavy scrutiny for your info "Mr Democracy".

PLS SHUT UP.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Donates Borehole To Gombe Community / Jonathan, Buhari For Abuja Town Hall Meeting - Vanguard / Lagos Revenue In 2018 Was Higher Than That Of The Entire South-East - NEITI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.