Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,890 members, 7,814,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

"Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry (17588 Views)

Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by piagetskinner(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
wicked government.....

house of rep members receive pooing and spitting allowance i dont see any reason why civil servants shouldnt b paid their legal allowances

2 Likes

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by amtaken(f): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Back to sender.
OnankpaBa:
that guy can feed your entire generation o grin

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by Saao(m): 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
agabaI23:
I don't know what she has done this time. In as much as the shoe is too big for her, for civil servants to protest, I think she did something right.

This is the way NEPA staff pushed Barth Nnaji out...
The most corrupt set of people..
she did something right u said? People are protesting for overtime payment, u don't know what that means. Most ministers & public office holders come to the office by 2pm close midnight and their are staffs that work with them, didnt they deserve to be paid?

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by babajeje123(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Anyone who doesn't know what goes on in Federal ministries will definitely think these workers are being deprived of their rights. I had my IT at Ministry of Information some years back & I can tell you categorically that they're doing nothing. Laptops were given to all the directors & Hods while desktops were installed in almost all the offices. 85% of those given were computer illiterate and thus resolved to using them for watching films & playing games. If you have been to a Local Government before, all you will be hearing is voucher. Our ministries need a? complete overhauling.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by DONSMITH123(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
just let her be.

OnankpaBa:

Smith, y you get time dey answer that olosho na

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by kunle75(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
LadyExcellency:
There is dignity in Labour and a Labourer deserves his/her wage

wages yes i agree but stupid allowance NO WAY.

They should thank their stars that am not the one in the ministers position.they will all be long gone by now

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by jaybee3(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
agabaI23:
Jay been onye nkem my. ..if I tell you how, you won't agree. How far? Where you dey since?

Make we debate jor...

No dey use Igbo buga me now my guy

I've been around bro.. Just scaled down my activities due to some other important stuff na
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by aminho(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Aminat508:

Pls I need your vote first and u can help me bring your pals from tbat end too.

Pls just type

I vote lanicky

Cc nljega on this link. https://www.nairaland.com/3178760/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/28

Salam alaikum its done sister
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by grandstar(m): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
2rutalk1:
And this incompetent Minister has collected her own allowance. You can't manage the nation's economy, you can't pay workers. Under your watch inflation rate is hovering around 16%. That high level of unemployment coexists with hyper inflation is something that defiles fundamental economic principle - macroeconomic trade off. However, that is what Nigeria is witnessing today under your watch Madam. Any macronomic factor that increases the level of unemployment should by theory/principle reduce the level of inflation but now we are battling both (stagflation) which is the worst macroeconomic problem that can befall any economy. Resign or face sack Madam.

The stagflation was caused by Buhari's senseless pegging of the Naira at 197 despite not having enough dollars to defend the rate, leading to chronic scarcity of forex, a drop in economic activity due to the scarcity, a crash in the exchange rate at the black market which led to the spike in inflation you whined about and edged the economy close to a recession. One more quarter of a sedecline in economic activity and the country would have been in a recession.

Buhari has no right to dictate forex policy. That is the job of the CBN.

Adeosun is not to blame. I am not her fan. I prefer Soludo or Utomi

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by iboboyswag(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
Are you okay? Should the workers wait till she leaves office maybe in 3 years time before protesting?

Why do you people politicise everything?

This is not about Kemi but about the workers' plight.

Haba Nairaland kids!

Madam are you trying to justify illegality? The previous government ruled that the SOT was illegal and this government due to paucity of funds have decided to discontinue it..... Where then did dey go wrong?

Your support for this display of greed stems from your fraternal affiliation.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
And these fookers are ministry of finance workers. They are privy to all Nigeria's challenges, and they are behaving like the baggers in the Senate.

Animals. Everyone in the country is tightening belt, and these ones are agitating for 'allowances'
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by WriteMind: 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
Are you okay? Should the workers wait till she leaves office maybe in 3 years time before protesting?

Haba Nairaland kids!

Am too shocked with dissapointment at people who justify ilegalities, criminality and corruption in small corridors becos they're direct beneficiaries! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, madam, NIGERIAN CIVIL SERVANTS ARE VEEERRRY LAZY, VEERRY UNPRODUCTIVE AND VEEERY CORRUPT! From the cleaner to the permanent secretary, you need to hear their conversations, it's always how to corner one money or the other. Even when a minister is a novice, it is civil servants that corrupt them and teach them how to steal.

Sad you're a civil servant, but this is the general perception outside those crooked, do-little-or-nothing-all-day offices called ministries.

They say Nigeria is corrupt, Nigeria is corrupt. But to start the real cleanising, goverment needs to flush out the current civil service - whether wholesale or gradual. They contaminate genuine intention of a new leadership. They don't depend on their salary, but eyeing corrupt gains. You'll be surprised, even a typist will be eyeing one 'N2 millon' cash from budget padding, not to talk of legal officers like amtaken. Go and prove yourself in the private practice, rather than the rosy, corrupt offices of the civil service. A Nigerian civil servant would be broken chair and table ina dirty corner in a shared office, but building a multi-million naira edifice from corrupt gains in Shagamu. It stinks!

If you want to really change Nigeria, start with the civil service. Retire them all and get new guys with private sector mentality and watch things change overnight!

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by WriteMind: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:

Haba Nairaland kids!

Am too shocked with dissapointment at people who justify ilegalities, criminality and corruption in small corridors becos they're direct beneficiaries! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, madam, NIGERIAN CIVIL SERVANTS ARE VEEERRRY LAZY, VEERRY UNPRODUCTIVE AND VEEERY CORRUPT! From the cleaner to the permanent secretary, you need to hear their conversations, it's always how to corner one money or the other. Even when a minister is a novice, it is civil servants that corrupt them and teach them how to steal.

Sad you're a civil servant, but this is the general perception outside those crooked, do-little-or-nothing-all-day offices called ministries.

They say Nigeria is corrupt, Nigeria is corrupt. But to start the real cleanising, goverment needs to flush out the current civil service - whether wholesale or gradual. They contaminate genuine intention of a new leadership. They don't depend on their salary, but eyeing corrupt gains. You'll be surprised, even a typist will be eyeing one 'N2 millon' cash from budget padding, not to talk of legal officers like amtaken. Go and prove yourself in the private practice, rather than the rosy, corrupt offices of the civil service. A Nigerian civil servant would be using a broken chair and table in a dirty corner in a shared office, but he/she is building a multi-million naira edifice from corrupt gains in Shagamu. It stinks!

If you want to really change Nigeria, start with the civil service. Retire them all and get new guys with private sector mentality and watch things change overnight!
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by RALPHOW(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
My Ministry pays us the following allowances:

1. Monthly Hazard Allowance.

2. Monthly Journal Allowance.

3. Wardrobe Allowance payable every March.

4. Leave allowance every September.

5. Bar Conference Allowance in August.

6. Monthly Impress.

These are the things that motivate us to work round the clock.

Stop criticising these people for seeking for their allowances.

If Buhari, Adeosun, National Assembly Members, Senators, Governors and other Government officials can be paid allowances, what makes you think the workers shouldn't be paid?

Why did they omit it in the 2016 budget? Why did they not omit their own allowances?

Those of you supporting the Minister For Finance on this, how would you feel if your rights and benefits are stripped off you?

DONT MIND THEM THEY ARE JOBLESS IDIOTS THAT RUN TO THESE PEOPLE FOR HELP
EVEN WE BUSINESS MEN DEPENDS ON THE MONEY FROM THESE AVERAGE NIGERIANS WORKING
IN GRADE A MINISTRIES LIKE FINANCE, CBN etc
KEMI SHOULD LOOK FOR A WAY TO CREATE MORE AVERAGE NIGERIAN THAN DESTROYING THEM
HER POLICIES HAS KILLED AVERAGE NIGERIANS IN BAKING SECTOR.
PLEASE PAY THEM SO THAT THERE WILL BE MONEY INCIRCULATION.

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by amtaken(f): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
NL has really exposed my mind to the frustrations in our land.

So you want the civil servants to be sacked so that you can replace them because they are corrupt and you are so upright?

Hahahahaha honestly I can't say much to you now because you won't be able to sleep at night if I do.

Hehehehehehehehehe shame to poverty oo.

WriteMind:

They say Nigeria is corrupt, Nigeria is corrupt. But to start the real cleanising, goverment needs to flush out the current civil service - whether wholesale or gradual. They contaminate genuine intention of a new leadership. They don't depend on their salary, but eyeing corrupt gains. You'll be surprised, even a typist will be eyeing one 'N2 millon' cash from budget padding, not to talk of legal officers like amtaken. Go and prove yourself in the private practice, rather than the rosy, corrupt offices of the civil service. A Nigerian civil servant would be using a broken chair and table in a dirty corner in a shared office, but he/she is building a multi-million naira edifice from corrupt gains in Shagamu. It stinks!

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by amtaken(f): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Can you imagine your line of argument. Is the Government a law court?

SMH.
iboboyswag:

Madam are you trying to justify illegality? The previous government ruled that the SOT was illegal and this government due to paucity of funds have decided to discontinue it..... Where then did dey go wrong?

Your support for this display of greed stems from your fraternal affiliation.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by marv1: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
lonelydora:
As long as these civil servants are protesting, Kemi has done something excellently well. Nigerian Civil Servants? Bunch of lazy and corrupt workers. If you want to know how corrupt Nigeria is, go to any Local, State, or Federal Secretariat. You must settle them to do a job they are being paid for.

#Kemimuststay should be trending now.

Before you quote me. Remember Aruma Oteh of SEC, Barth Nnaji of Power, and finally Stella Oduah of Aviation. They were all pushed out because they tried to block corrupt practices.
Becos Gej allowed it. But this time around these lazy civil servants will fail.

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by amtaken(f): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
It goes back to you.
DONSMITH123:

continue spending your life here. Same Don can change your life.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by PrinceMario(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
My Ministry pays us the following allowances:

1. Monthly Hazard Allowance.

2. Monthly Journal Allowance.

3. Wardrobe Allowance payable every March.

4. Leave allowance every September.

5. Bar Conference Allowance in August.

6. Monthly Impress.

These are the things that motivate us to work round the clock.

Stop criticising these people for seeking for their allowances.

If Buhari, Adeosun, National Assembly Members, Senators, Governors and other Government officials can be paid allowances, what makes you think the workers shouldn't be paid?

Why did they omit it in the 2016 budget? Why did they not omit their own allowances?

Those of you supporting the Minister For Finance on this, how would you feel if your rights and benefits are stripped off you?

This bitch can lie for Africa.....Even oil workers had stopped enjoying those package since the crude oil dip bedevilled our economy. Better work out your but to pass jamb next year.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by WriteMind: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
I initailly meant to ignore your obviously meaningless and feeble response (cos, in truth, wat real defence can you put up again the glaring evidences I've exposed?). Sometimes it's wise to ignore, but sometimes it's unwise. Foolish actualy.

The last line of your attempt-to-save-face response shows exactly the warped thought process typical of the everyday Nigerian. People who preach principled public service are condescendingly tagged 'moral,' 'hungry' or 'poor.' The rich and belly-ful Nigerians don't complain and have no worries. What's there to complain about? The status quo is good and must never change (the mentality of civil servant).

Being principled is not about money. That's the difference between a Bill Gates and a Jimoh Ibrahim, you see? And trust me, I am not ranting. Mark my words, all I have said is a prophesy whose time is sooner than you know. God keep us all alive till then.

And by the way, nothing you say will hurt me cos you don't know me, neither do you know the other guy you arrogantly branded 'NL kid.' Did I say typical of everyday Nigerian? Now, you understand it (perhaps yourself) better? Gracias!

amtaken:
NL has really exposed my mind to the frustrations in our land.

So you want the civil servants to be sacked so that you can replace them because they are corrupt and you are so upright?

Hahahahaha honestly I can't say much to you now because you won't be able to sleep at night if I do.

Hehehehehehehehehe shame to poverty oo.

1 Like

Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by bashydemy1: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:
when will the kemi of a girl be sack from office? ministry of finance staff need not be owned any kobo,aleast their allowances and benefits are in ministry of finance budget

this woman need some remedial classes from Dr Ngozi iweala.

#sackKemiNow or #ShowUsYourCertificate
Sorry Ministry of finance is not owing them kobo, Their salaries was paid as at when due. What they are demanding is illegal.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by bashydemy1: 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Adeosun is visionless angry
Only interested in eye service working pattern for buhari.
Pay them or die in that office angry

You think say Na to speak English with nose workers go chop angry
Make una show her say voodoo dey naija grin

Ekpa!
If you don't know what is going on then shut up ans stop commenting nonsense.. Ministry of finance is not owing them any salary go and check only this month and is not due for paying... What they are demanding for is allowance for what? Ask them which allowance they want.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by bashydemy1: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
googlepikins:
[size=20pt]Ministry of finance is too big for kemi. She can't handle it. Nigeria need very intelligent person to handle that position. Not some amateurs gambling with our lives.[/size]
Says who? She have been piloting that minsitry since last year and is not owing them any salaries go and do your findings.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by duni04(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
lonelydora:
As long as these civil servants are protesting, Kemi has done something excellently well. Nigerian Civil Servants? Bunch of lazy and corrupt workers. If you want to know how corrupt Nigeria is, go to any Local, State, or Federal Secretariat. You must settle them to do a job they are being paid for.

#Kemimuststay should be trending now.

Before you quote me. Remember Aruma Oteh of SEC, Barth Nnaji of Power, and finally Stella Oduah of Aviation. They were all pushed out because they tried to block corrupt practices.
If I throw u slap ehn!
angry
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by emmykk(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
Sorry Ministry of finance is not owing them kobo, Their salaries was paid as at when due. What they are demanding is illegal.

clap for yourself.....1000 ways to die go to ministry of finance head office and tell them this
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by bashydemy1: 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:

clap for yourself.....1000 ways to die go to ministry of finance head office and tell them this
Sorry i know either your father or mother was among them, It's not business as usual.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by emmykk(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
Sorry i know either your father or mother was among them, It's not business as usual.

shut-up since you dont understand how civil services works! lest you sound stup.id in your comment.how do civil servant demanding for allowance become illegal.

when last did you visit psycharist hospital if the bolt upstairs are proper
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by iboboyswag(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
amtaken:
Can you imagine your line of argument. Is the Government a law court?

SMH.

Madam you are shaking ur head for me?? Issorait!

Well to your question, No, the government is not a court of law but I will reproduce below a previous response from one Don.

“The payment of what the protesting staff called a Special Overtime (SOT), was stopped by the last administration in 2014 on the ground that it was not listed in any extant government Circular, Financial Regulations or the Public Service Rules.

“The sum of N1.2 billion computed by the staff union for payment could not have been budgeted for in 2016 in the first place, not only because of the paucity of funds, but also the fact that the SOT allowance was not part of the remuneration in the Federal Public Service.

“The Federal Ministry of Finance, the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation and the Budget Office of the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, do not individually or collectively, owe any of their personnel their salaries.

“In view of the foregone, the Management of the Federal Ministry of Finance wishes to categorically state that the protests have no justifiable grounds,”

Please madam IRO the above bolden, can you as a sympathizer or the people in the eye of the storm provide any document to refute the claim of government? Atleast to Justify this show of greed.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by bashydemy1: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:

shut-up since you dont understand how civil services works! lest you sound stup.id in your comment.how do civil servant demanding for allowance become illegal.

when last did you visit psycharist hospital if the bolt upstairs are proper
You shut are they the only civil servant? How many ministries are demanding for such if not that the previous minister has use that avenue to siphon billions. What nonsense allowance please explain please.

The last time i visit psychiatrist was when i went to check the head of your family.
Re: "Sack Adeosun" - Workers Protest At Finance Ministry by amtaken(f): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
You sound so off record.

Now tell me, are you always like this or is it the harsh economy?
WriteMind:
I initailly meant to ignore your obviously meaningless and feeble response (cos, in truth, wat real defence can you put up again the glaring evidences I've exposed?). Sometimes it's wise to ignore, but sometimes it's unwise. Foolish actualy.

The last line of your attempt-to-save-face response shows exactly the warped thought process typical of the everyday Nigerian. People who preach principled public service are condescendingly tagged 'moral,' 'hungry' or 'poor.' The rich and belly-ful Nigerians don't complain and have no worries. What's there to complain about? The status quo is good and must never change (the mentality of civil servant).

Being principled is not about money. That's the difference between a Bill Gates and a Jimoh Ibrahim, you see? And trust me, I am not ranting. Mark my words, all I have said is a prophesy whose time is sooner than you know. God keep us all alive till then.

And by the way, nothing you say will hurt me cos you don't know me, neither do you know the other guy you arrogantly branded 'NL kid.' Did I say typical of everyday Nigerian? Now, you understand it (perhaps yourself) better? Gracias!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeosun And Gwarzo Meet Reps, Refuse To Shift Grounds / Garba Shehu: North Elders, Others Selfish, Shedding Crocodile Tears On Security / Nigeria Air To Cost Nation N180b Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.