Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola (987 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola / Teachers Absent As Borno Governor, Shettima, Takes Roll Call In Schools. PICS / I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Johnnyessence(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
The Governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, has denied claims that he is behind the hijab crisis rocking the education sector in the state.

june 12

“Let me say this there is no official pronouncement on hijab. I have not ordered the use of hijab in schools and I challenge them to bring evidence,” Aregbesola said during a roundtable on developing collaborative framework for education organised by the Development and Advancement in Western Nigeria.

“It might interest you that my wife does not use hijab, my daughter does not use hijab. So, I did not order the use of hijab.

“My view on Islam is why I am suffering unmerited persecution. My crime is that I struggle to be a good Muslim and not because I hurt anybody.”

The governor insisted that there was no crisis in the state’s education sector and accused the media of celebrating idiocy by focusing on the decision of some “misguided students” of Baptist High School to wear church garments to school.

He said it was wrong for any religious body to claim the ownership of any public school in the state as government took over the schools about 41 years ago.

The governor also said it was not true that schools founded by Muslim were merged with schools established by Christian missionaries.
Advertisement

He explained that the hijab crisis started in 2012 when four Muslim students were prevented from using hijab after they were transferred to Baptist High School from a school where they were allowed to use hijab.

Meanwhile, some Muslim clerics stormed some public schools in Osogbo on Monday, insisting that female Muslim students should be allowed to wear hijab to the schools in accordance with the judgment of the Osun State High Court.

It was gathered that the clerics went to St. Charles’ High School and Ife Oluwa Middle School early in the morning but the teachers told them it would take a directive from the Ministry of Education for that to happen.

“Some Muslims came this morning and said they wanted to enforce the use of hijab. We explained to them that we will allow our students to wear hijab whenever we get instruction from the state government to do so,” the Principal of St. Charles’ High School, Mr. Anthony Famoriyo, said.

“You know that everything we do in schools follows procedure; what you teach, the way you teach. We are not against any group. We are here to teach our children and that is our mission.”
http://osun.gov.ng/2016/06/21/didnt-order-use-hijab-schools-aregbesola/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=didnt-order-use-hijab-schools-aregbesola

Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by eph12(m): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
So what's the way forward?
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
But he influenced the judge of favoring the Muslims to wear hijab even to the Christian schools own by gvt. That's foul judgement. If another gvt comes in and order all schools to stop using hijab the Muslims will start jihad. The judgement is sided.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
eph12:
So what's the way forward?
The way forward is for gvt to return those schools to their original owners. Aregbesola's bigotry and fanatics can't make people believe him.
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Arjeeni: 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
He may not ordered it but Nigerian Christians should learn to tolerate other faiths and creeds. Let us think of the following mode of dressing, which till now no one do contrary and they are Christian regalia.
- Matriculation gown
- Lawyer's rope
- Academic regalia
And many more I don't remember now.
Muslims are not asking for much we will dress in uniform but Islamic others should dress same in a style that best depict their faith.
This has been done across the globe even in US why Nigeria can't do it?
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by tintingz(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice response Gov. Aregbesola.

He said...
It might interest you that my wife does not use hijab, my daughter does not use hijab. So, I did not order the use of hijab.

Wailers should go and seat down, are they satisfied now?
Some people just want to use religion to start a war.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by buJu234: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
tintingz:
Nice response Gov. Aregbesola.

He said...
It might interest you that my wife does not use hijab, my daughter does not use hijab. So, I did not order the use of hijab.

If the governor female family members don't wear hijab, so why will the poor ignorance Muslims mass be worrying themselves about it.

The problem with Muslims around the world is that there over 80% are grossly ignorant from Pakistan to Yemen etc

Their elites kids are all schooling in western university yet they brainwashed the over ignorant 80% that Islamic education like Ile kwu, makarata islamayia, madrasas are wat Allah wants for them.

Of all the religion in the world Islam ignorant population is over 800million people. This why they can b easily brainwashed. because they can't study the Koran for themselves but obey what Their Alfa says

Even in Nigeria, the most backward people in the SW are the Moslems, same in the North...
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Johnnyessence(m): 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
CAN has appeal d case in d court of law oo.
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by yetunsbay(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
buJu234:

If the governor female family members don't wear hijab, so why will the poor ignorance Muslims mass be worrying themselves about it.

The problem with Muslims around the world is that there over 80% are grossly ignorant from Pakistan to Yemen etc

Their elites kids are all schooling in western university yet they brainwashed the over ignorant 80% that Islamic education like Ile kwu, makarata islamayia, madrasas are wat Allah wants for them.

Of all the religion in the world Islam ignorant population is over 800million people. This why they can b easily brainwashed. because they can't study the Koran for themselves but obey what Their Alfa says

Even in Nigeria, the most backward people in the SW are the Moslems, same in the North...
pls do point out the one you have problem with
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Aregbesola needs to tread carefully before he sets Osun state ablaze with religious spark. Schools founded by missionaries were not just set up to dispense knowledge, they were also set up to help propagate the beliefs and teachings of their faiths. The governor must never forget this fact....The transfer of ownership of missionary schools to the government does not negate the principle behind the founding of the schools. Nigeria is a secular state no doubt, but the governor needs to understand that members of these faiths taxed themselves to build these schools.
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by predear(m): 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Aregbe is a serious fanatic, dats why I dont like him
Re: I Didn’t Order Use Of Hijab In Schools – Aregbesola by osymerga(m): 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
He didn't order the use of Hijab but he instigated and influence it.
From his old comments you will know. Even his rush to threaten Christian students of expulsion will tell you where he stand...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Group Protest In Ekiti State Asking Fayose To Resign As Governor! (photos) / BREAKING: Court Orders Abia Gov, Ikpeazu, To Vacate Office / What Is The Difference Between These Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.