Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? (4255 Views)

Why Is European Union Countries Visa Called Shenghen Visa / Shenghen Visa Refusal!!!!! Please Advice. / The Easiest Shenghen Country To Secure Visa From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
A friend asked me a question last night and I don't think i have the perfect answer for him and so I thought to share with experts in Nairaland.
He has a scheghen visa offer to enter most of the countries in the Euro zone but he can only choose. He plans to work study and work. Putting certain points like racism, language, labour law into consideration. We are not sure which of the European countries will be suitable.
Experienced folks in house.. Come to our rescue. I chose Austria or Sweden.. He was talking about Netherlands or Norway. Someone please educate my friend and assist him make a good decision.. God bless
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
bigass123:
A friend asked me a question last night and I don't think i have the perfect answer for him and so I thought to share with experts in Nairaland.
He has a scheghen visa offer to enter most of the countries in the Euro zone but he can only choose. He plans to work study and work. Putting certain points like racism, language, labour law into consideration. We are not sure which of the European countries will be suitable.
Experienced folks in house.. Come to our rescue. I chose Austria or Sweden.. He was talking about Netherlands or Norway. Someone please educate my friend and assist him make a good decision.. God bless

UK is the bomb, followed by Germany, Sweden and Austria. can he speak German?... big plus for him!

Don't forget to vote refiner....

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by greatwhite(m): 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Google it.
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by sobastical: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

UK is the bomb, followed by Germany, Sweden and Austria. can he speak German?... big plus for him!

UK? for a non-immigrant? I don't think that option is best

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by sobastical: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

miss Nairaland na...

should I mention you on the thread??...

You will reach there and type.

I vote refiner cc NLjega

I don't vote jare... you fit try am sha
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
bigass123:

Is that visiting visa or study visa?

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by MRBrownJ: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
bigass123:

here are few questions:
- how did he get an "offer" to go to Europe, if he didnt gave any hints that he wanted to go there?
- if he did gave hints then what were his reasons for wanting to go to Europe?
- is that a tourist or working visa?
- is he trying to hustle his way illegally?
- what language does he speaks apart from English?
- what skills/diplomas does he have?
- has ever been to Europe?
- is he street smart/savvy?
- does he have any friends anywhere in Schenghen Europe?
- does he have any money saved to help him get started with rent/food/transport and winter clothing etc?

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by Joygalore(f): 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
Uk

Do you know what you are saying?
BiafraBushBoy:

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Tourist visa

justwise:

Is that visiting visa or study visa?
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks so much for the response.. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't speak any other language apart from English. Doesn't know anyone Europe, he hasn't been in any part of Europe before. Like i said he is going to hustle and study more and yes he has his first degree.
He's smart not too sure about his street savvyness but he's smart and rugged. This is why he needs advice from more exposed fellas to make a right decision. Before I forget he's going on tourist visa but he's no tourist oh. grin

MRBrownJ:

here are few questions:
- how did he get an "offer" to go to Europe, if he didnt gave any hints that he wanted to go there?
- if he did gave hints then what were his reasons for wanting to go to Europe?
- is that a tourist or working visa?
- is he trying to hustle his way illegally?
- what language does he speaks apart from English?
- what skills/diplomas does he have?
- has ever been to Europe?
- is he street smart/savvy?
- does he have any friends anywhere in Schenghen Europe?
- does he have any money saved to help him get started with rent/food/transport and winter clothing etc?
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
bigass123:
Tourist visa

Then he can't study or work with it in any Schengen country

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by MRBrownJ: 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
bigass123:
Thanks so much for the response.. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't speak any other language apart from English. Doesn't know anyone Europe, he hasn't been in any part of Europe before. Like i said he is going to hustle and study more and yes he has his first degree.
He's smart not too sure about his street savvyness but he's smart and rugged. This is why he needs advice from more exposed fellas to make a right decision. Before I forget he's going on tourist visa but he's no tourist oh. grin

as brotha Justwise stated, that person cant study/work in any Schenghen country, and i would certainly never advise anyone to blindly go hustle in Europe. With the Syrian refugee crisis etc, Europe is getting worse and worse for hustle and many end up in the street and/or doing more degrading evil stuff to survive. i suggest that person reconsider his option and get the proper documentation in order to have as much chance in his corner to succeed as possible. as much as its officially summer today, spending the winter in any street of Europe is NO JOKE.
good lucku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Joygalore:
Uk

Do you know what you are saying?
He is a bushboy, pardon him grin
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by mrsmith11(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
Firstly schengen and eurozone are two different thing

Tourist visa is a short visa between 1-3 months and usually single entry

Now your question:
If you have anyone in Denmark then I think is preferable

Reason:

I hear majority of them speaks English

They have technical school like automobile(mechanic) courses in english and few others
The cost is in range of 3000 euros or there about (google it)

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
mrsmith11:

Now your question:

Reason:

They have technical school like automobile(mechanic) courses in english and few others

So he can study in Denmark with tourist visa?

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by mrsmith11(m): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
justwise:

So he can study in Denmark with tourist visa?

Nope

He can apply when he get there within the 3 months of validity of his visa
If the application is successful then he apply for study permit

Note: is just my opinion / suggestion

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by MRBrownJ: 12:13am On Jun 22, 2016
mrsmith11:

Now your question:

Reason:

yes, most Scandinavians speak English but you definitely need to speak Danish to have a chance of getting hired anywhere in DK (unless you wanna deliver newspaper at 4am). sadly, Denmark/Norway are also some of the most expensive countries in Europe (rent/food/transport) and if anyone think its easy to rent an apt in any cities in Europe then try Copenhagen to sample its madness (unless you go live way pass the neighborhoods of Nørrebrø or Amagerbrø in some squat). you need a resident permit to rent a home, and as a student with no legal income, nobody will rent you a decent place (by decent, i mean somewhere that even animal could live). Also, you need to have a Danish bank account (possibly at Nordea) to get a job, as the system in Denmark makes EVERY employers pay their employees salaries to the Gov, and the gov pays you your salary (minus taxes)... and guess what? to get any job in DK you need a resident card, as without them, the employer cant pay your salary to the gov, and its with this resident card that you can open a bank account. OH and before i forget, as any Scandinavian country, its VERY COLD in DK from Sept till May, so dont ever forget your winter clothing budget.

source: i lived/worked in Denmark and Norway for a total of 3yrs altogther, and these are some of the worst places in Europe i have seen hustling brothas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:

yes, most Scandinavians speak English but you definitely need to speak Danish to have a chance of getting hired anywhere in DK (unless you wanna deliver newspaper at 4am). sadly, Denmark/Norway are also some of the most expensive countries in Europe (rent/food/transport) and if anyone think its easy to rent an apt in any cities in Europe then try Copenhagen to sample its madness (unless you go live way pass the neighborhoods of Nørrebrø or Amagerbrø in some squat). you need a resident permit to rent a home, and as a student with no legal income, nobody will rent you a decent place (by decent, i mean somewhere that even animal could live). Also, you need to have a Danish bank account (possibly at Nordea) to get a job, as the system in Denmark makes EVERY employers pay their employees salaries to the Gov, and the gov pays you your salary (minus taxes)... and guess what? to get any job in DK you need a resident card, as without them, the employer cant pay your salary to the gov, and its with this resident card that you can open a bank account. OH and before i forget, as any Scandinavian country, its VERY COLD in DK from Sept till May, so dont ever forget your winter clothing budget.

source: i lived/worked in Denmark and Norway for a total of 3yrs altogther, and these are some of the worst places in Europe i have seen hustling brothas.

No need to say more.. All what you posted is 100% right.. And same applies to most countries in Europe... Some Eastern European countries may not be as strict as DK but life in those countries isn't different from Africa believe me.. Perhaps, no job & poor living standard.. Also more than half of their population have migrated to Germany,France,Scandinavia etc..
Mr OP.. You or your friend should think well before making this life changing decision

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by MRBrownJ: 12:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Ogbeche77:

No need to say more.. All what you posted is 100% right.. And same applies to most countries in Europe... Some Eastern European countries may not be as strict as DK but life in those countries isn't different from Africa believe me.. Perhaps, no job & poor living standard.. Also more than half of their population have migrated to Germany,France,Scandinavia etc..
Mr OP.. You or your friend should think well before making this life changing decision

well said bro. i wouldnt even advise my enemy to move to East Europe. their residents are now considered the new "refugees" of western Europe. THEY are taking up all the "dirty" jobs that illegals used to do back in the days. its harder these days as the illegal immigrant has to compete for work with the legal eastern Europeans (willing to do anything for money)

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 5:38am On Jun 22, 2016
Thanks so much for the information, I am learning a lot from the contributions and responses so far.

Ogbeche77:

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 5:40am On Jun 22, 2016
This is an exposé, thanks for your inputs

MRBrownJ:

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:

well said bro. i wouldnt even advise my enemy to move to East Europe. their residents are now considered the new "refugees" of western Europe. THEY are taking up all the "dirty" jobs that illegals used to do back in the days. its harder these days as the illegal immigrant has to compete for work with the legal eastern Europeans (willing to do anything for money)

The wages for these ''dirty'' jobs are so poor and I can predict that in a few months/years the remunerations ll be poorer... I think the idea behind the refugee influx was to lower the wages on the long run. Don't underestimate capitalists..
I will give you an instance, have in mind that Germany took in almost 1million refugees in between 2014- Feb 2016.. In the city of Berlin, refugees get accommodation, food, clothing, free German language courses/materials and a monthly stipends of 220euros or there about.. They are entitled to all this until their legal status is resolved / resident permit ll be issued.(some take 3 years or more)..
Now to relieve the refugees of boredom (they are practically idle from almost all day), the city have employed a good number to work in restaurants, parks, as city cleaners, janitors, e.t.c for just 1 euro a day.. Have in mind that a lot of Germans/E.U citizens/Eastern europeans also do these jobs, meaning their job isn't secure..
It doesn't take a genius or prophet to see the rise in xenophobic/racial attacks when a lot of foreigners begin to accept low wages and Europeans pushed out of jobs.. I am not sure Europe is ready for this
http://www.thelocal.de/jobs/article/germany-puts-refugees-to-work-for-one-euro

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bros you're talking sense into me.. I've discussed with Buddy..himself read the responses and feedback on the thread. He should just forget about Europe for now. There are other locations where he has better chances of survival.

Ogbeche77:

The wages for these dirty jobs are so poor and in a few months/years the renumerations ll be poorer... I think the idea behind the refugee influx was to lower the wages on the long run. Don't underestimate capitalist..
I will give you an instance, have in mind that Germany took in almost 1million refugees in 2014- Feb 2016.. In the city of Berlin, refugees get accomodation, food, clothing, free german language classes and a monthly stipends of 220euros or there about.. They are entitiled to this until there status/ resisdent permit ll be issued.(some take 3 years or more)..
Now to relive the refugees of boredome (they are practically idle from almost all day), the city have employed a good number to work in restaurants, as city cleaners, janitors, e.t.c for just 1 euro a day.. Have in mind that alot of germans/E.U citizens also do this jobs, meaning their job isn't secure..
It doesn't take a genius or prophet to see the rise in xenophopic/racial attacks when alot of foreigners begin to accept low wages and Europeans are out of jobs.. I am not sure Europe is ready for this
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by MRBrownJ: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ogbeche77:
The wages for these dirty jobs are so poor and in a few months/years the renumerations ll be poorer... I think the idea behind the refugee influx was to lower the wages on the long run. Don't underestimate capitalist..
I will give you an instance, have in mind that Germany took in almost 1million refugees in 2014- Feb 2016.. In the city of Berlin, refugees get accomodation, food, clothing, free german language classes and a monthly stipends of 220euros or there about.. They are entitiled to this until there status/ resisdent permit ll be issued.(some take 3 years or more)..
Now to relive the refugees of boredome (they are practically idle from almost all day), the city have employed a good number to work in restaurants, as city cleaners, janitors, e.t.c for just 1 euro a day.. Have in mind that alot of germans/E.U citizens also do this jobs, meaning their job isn't secure..
It doesn't take a genius or prophet to see the rise in xenophopic/racial attacks when alot of foreigners begin to accept low wages and Europeans are out of jobs.. I am not sure Europe is ready for this

spot on! of course this refugee crisis is a bloody scam. there has been refugees running away from wars in Afghanistan/Irak etc dying by the boatloads for years, yet they never lifted a finger... and suddenly today they care?! there has been Africans running away from wars (Libyans/Ivorians/Sudanese/Somalians etc) dying on these boats for years, yet they've never ever lifted a damn finger. there are gazillions of refugees that were already in Europe before the Syrian crisis (check Calais refugee camps where these refugee try to hide in trucks trailers and/or running inside the Eurotunnel) why didnt they try to sort these guys out 1st, instead of simply bulldozer their camp?!

bro, Germany/France/Italy/Spain, same aim, different tricks..recently, in France, the gov tried to implement a new labor law, that had employers able to fire anyone without any obligation or legal/fair justification, and thereafter rehire people with new contracts that have unfair/illegal terms (longer hrs per week, lower pay for same job, less benefits, auction type hiring where the one who desire less money/benefits gets the job etc)... aka new jobs with NO protection/rights for the employee NOR any national law/union to regulate employment and employers. pure madness! exactly the right trick to dismiss French citizens from their jobs and subsequently hire east European cheaper labor... supposedly, this will jumpstart the failing economy, yeah right!

it backfired in their faces because the whole country started protesting/rioting and going on strike over this unfair law... and although the whole country is against this law, the gov fast tracked it in parliament... so now its war on the streets, the gov VS the people!!!!! in France we have always had great labor benefits, and we pride ourselves with the 35hrs /week employment, 5 weeks paid holidays, free healthcare and unemployment benefits 2nd to none, but its all about to go down the drain!

as for racism, it is expected... now everyone will blame the ones accepting these cheaper job, AKA East Europeans/refugee, and soon they will take all the blame and be labelled the new employment "terrorists".
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Government everywhere are mischievous... This piece is really an eye opener.

MRBrownJ:

spot on! of course this refugee crisis is a bloody scam. there has been refugees running away from wars in Afghanistan/Irak etc dying by the boatloads for years, yet they never lifted a finger... and suddenly today they care?! there has been Africans running away from wars (Libyans/Ivorians/Sudanese/Somalians etc) dying on these boats for years, yet they've never ever lifted a damn finger. there are gazillions of refugees that were already in Europe before the Syrian crisis (check Calais refugee camps where these refugee try to hide in trucks trailers and/or running inside the Eurotunnel) why didnt they try to sort these guys out 1st, instead of simply bulldozer their camp?!

bro, Germany/France/Italy/Spain, same aim, different tricks..recently, in France, the gov tried to implement a new labor law, that had employers able to fire anyone without any obligation or legal/fair justification, and thereafter rehire people with new contracts that have unfair/illegal terms (longer hrs per week, lower pay for same job, less benefits, auction type hiring where the one who desire less money/benefits gets the job etc)... aka new jobs with NO protection/rights for the employee NOR any national law/union to regulate employment and employers. pure madness! exactly the right trick to dismiss French citizens from their jobs and subsequently hire east European cheaper labor... supposedly, this will jumpstart the failing economy, yeah right!

it backfired in their faces because the whole country started protesting/rioting and going on strike over this unfair law... and although the whole country is against this law, the gov fast tracked it in parliament... so now its war on the streets, the gov VS the people!!!!! in France we have always had great labor benefits, and we pride ourselves with the 35hrs /week employment, 5 weeks paid holidays, free healthcare and unemployment benefits 2nd to none, but its all about to go down the drain!

as for racism, it is expected... now everyone will blame the ones accepting these cheaper job, AKA East Europeans/refugee, and soon they will take all the blame and be labelled the new employment "terrorists".
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by bigass123(m): 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
Lalasticlala please move this to the front burner, peeps need to be educated.. There are so many people at the verge of making this error.. save my country men Biko.
Re: HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? by buharisbae(f): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mr op I think Netherland will do I'm talking from experience Netherland is very peaceful and friendly with serene environment and they have one of the highest minimum wages world wide I've being there smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Student Of Eksu Lost Their Lives In A Fatal Motor Accident....(photos / Which States Still Have Papers For Nigerian Passport, Come And Share / Pregnant Lady Refuses To Sit Beside A Dirty Boy In A Bus, See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.