Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase (15757 Views)

Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Buhari Shops For Arase’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by AreaFada2: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2016
jtjohn:
proud of Solomon Arase ......Proud of Edo state......Proudly Edo Boy........But Edo people too like Abroad.

One major reason is this: many things work in 9ja by tribal affiliation. Edo ranks among states with the best achieving jambites & SSCE. But still admission to schools, promotions in civil etc don't happen on merit.

On leaving school in my time, myself & a few others were due scholarship to foreign universities as it was then. But no, every office we went to follow it up were manned by non-Edo people mostly. After checking that we were in fact entitled, the next thing was they would speak their language to us.
Because some of us have names from across tribes. When they found we were Edo, their attitude changed. I purposely refused to claim another State which I would have been entitled to do.

Our school vice principal (non-Edo) in charge of following up the issue also did her own tribalism then.
Our non-Edo (from the majors tribes, especially North) fellow students with very good but still inferior grades to ours got their scholarships.

With such discrimination, those people killed the enthusiasm of young bright people for Nigeria. Luckily myself and a few others were able to get ourselves to top universities abroad. All on merit.

So we find ourselves today contributing to the growth of foreign countries that gave us opportunities on MERIT.

Since the end of Benin Empire in 1897, Britain made a massive effort to deprive the Benins of Education. Even when rich Benin communities like Oghada volunteered to pay for school building to educate 100 of their sons, the British refused. Even though Benin province was the most lucrative province in Southern 9ja due to rubber trade. They chose to build schools in Agbor & Warri Provinces, areas considered compliant by them.

In their memo, they wrote that educating Benin people would be making the mistake made earlier in Sierra Leone & Lagos. That Benin people angry at the British, if educated, would become a very dangerous voice against colonial rule. Like educated Sierra Leoneans & Lagosians.
How does this relate to the matter at hand? It does because that early deprivation denied Benin people the chance to be leading political elite in the early part of Nigerian independence. Except the few that went outside Edo to study, something not that easy then.

Arase would never have become IG despite his credentials (DIG) without a Southern president. They would have promoted another AIG above him again, like they did before.

This epistle is to tell you that things happen for a reason. People chose to give their future kids a better chance in life based on merit. Abroad rather than rely on Nigeria. Delta State too is similar.

Sure, some these days come over because of sheer economic hardship at home.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:05am On Jun 22, 2016
smartmoses:
NO Igbo from beginning till end,Who is fooling Who?One Nigeria have Expired!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike Okairo is 4rm River State.they cannot fool us again !!!!!!!! Biafra or Never !!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin we knw better.. Police is bad already... grin grin we dnt want to make it worse abeg... The others from your 'region' has represented the whole side...
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by omenka(m): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2016
MadCow1:
Wow!!

Not a Single Igbo Man on that list. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Mike Okiro is Rivers so he does not count.

This is some straight up Bullshit.

Edit: Just found out that Onovo is missing from the List. But you mean that since 1964 to 2016, only one Igbo man don be Inspector General Of Police?
What about ALL THE OTHER TRIBES not complaining?? Aren't they part of Nigeria
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by MadCow1: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2016
omenka:
What about ALL THE OTHER TRIBES not complaining?? Aren't they part of Nigeria

They are either not complaining Because their peoples get alot of Federal Government Positions or they are not Nigerians.

In over 52 years of its existence, the Nigerian Police has had only 1 I.G of Eastern dissent despite the East being one of the three largest geoPolitical region in Nigeria and you dont see a problem with that Picture?

In over 54 Years of the Nations Existence, the East has not ruled the Nation since Aguyi Ironsi got killed in a Coup.

I am not one to propagate this type of discussion as I still believe that their is more that the East can be doing to further their cause, but please do not trivialize the fact that the East is actually being systematically and deliberately marginalized. DONT!
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by Emrys16(m): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2016
intresting
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by iboboyswag(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2016
SamMilla1:
I believe there was one Sunday Onovo from Enugu State who was IG too.
Or

Is the evil mischief makers trying to rewrite history before our eyes?
What can they not do.

Nigga read.. Please read for Christ sake!!!

His name is Ogbonnaya Sunday Onovo and he was captured in the write up.

Please read!!!
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by obinnashady(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2016
Remii:
who appointed ringim and Suleiman
Who sacked them?
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by HAH: 9:32am On Jun 22, 2016
pulsa:
mostly Northerners

Nigeria is mostly north

75% of landmass is north
60% of population is north
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by HAH: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2016
MadCow1:

They are either not complaining Because their peoples get alot of Federal Government Positions or they are not Nigerians.

In over 52 years of its existence, the Nigerian Police has had only 1 I.G of Eastern dissent despite the East being one of the three largest geoPolitical region in Nigeria and you dont see a problem with that Picture?

In over 54 Years of the Nations Existence, the East has not ruled the Nation since Aguyi Ironsi got killed in a Coup.

I am not one to propagate this type of discussion as I still believe that their is more that the East can be doing to further their cause, but please do not trivialize the fact that the East is actually being systematically and deliberately marginalized. DONT!

The sin of the south east is Biafra war, sadly they are still propagating it, so it will be political suicide to hand over security and political apparatus to people that want to secede,.

As long as the south east keep their agitation to secede they will only be occupying post that willl not make them actualize their dreams.

This is the bitter truth.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by DaudaAbu(m): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2016
The longet serving IGs are

Kam Salem 1966 - 1975

Ibrahim coomassie 1993 - 1999
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by SamMilla1(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
iboboyswag:

Nigga read.. Please read for Christ sake!!!

His name is Ogbonnaya Sunday Onovo and he was captured in the write up.

Please read!!!

Stop shouting.

Did you not notice that his name was added there after I made my observations?
Can you not see that every other name started as a new Paragraph.
Go check his name again.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by okeyscrib(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
farouk0403:

Ode you can't do without the north, they will keep on ruling until enternity, we are the masters here, north are born to rule is in our blood.

You can save your energy by doing something tangible, or keep on nagging in social media like a mad dog, I guess fayose is your role model.

What exactly are you trying to say here?
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by wacoj(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2016
SamMilla1:
I believe there was one Sunday Onovo from Enugu State who was IG too.
Or

Is the evil mischief makers trying to rewrite history before our eyes?
What can they not do.

Mallam are you sure you read this article from the beginning to the end at all?
Well let me brief you, Onovo is in the list, he is from Enugu state as you state but he was there only on acting capacity.

It simply means that an Igbo man has never headed the force as IGP.
This Nigeria is actually a Zoo Republic.

We want Biafra. The marginalization is just too much to bear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by johnjose68: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2016
Dottore:
Arase was the best IGP. He was he reigned as IGP for just 1 year and 2months but he made serious impact which I believe no other IGP had ever done.
This man made the welfare of the Police Officers a very high priority especially the rank and file. He notably said in several occasion that they are the people that actually do the bulk of Police work. He massively motivated them with massive promotions and special promotions. His aim being that a motivated officer is an efficient officer.

He constructed and commissioned an average of 250 houses in 7 locations each throughout the entire federation for the junior officers. Making a total of about 1,400 semi detached bungalows.
I witnessed the commissioning of the ones in Umuahia, Enugu and Benin. The estate in Benin was named after the late Oba of Benin,. the one of Umuahia was named after Mike Okiro and Enugu State was named Ogbonnaya Onovo.

He constructed 3 nos three blocks of 12 flats each (36 flats) just opposite Force Headquarters for Commissioners of Police working at the Force Headquarters to help alleviate housing challenges especially for newly posted ones in Abuja.

He built and Commissioned new police stations/posts, Police Cooperatives Shopping Mall in Garki, Police Hospital in Benin, ultra modern police Conference Centre in Benin.
Their are other ongoing projects like the construction of shopping mall in Enugu, construction of Police Cooperatives ultra modern hotel in Ikeja Lagos. (very big project) I just pray the new IGP would continue the project

All these in just one year. I believe the man could have done more if hadn't reached his retirement age.

Thank God You Did not Say He Was Sacked. But Wait Oooooo. Who Ask You To Tell Us About Arase...IPOD[B?] Spotted!!
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by SamMilla1(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2016
farouk0403:

Ode you can't do without the north, they will keep on ruling until enternity, we are the masters here, north are born to rule is in our blood.

You can save your energy by doing something tangible, or keep on nagging in social media like a mad dog, I guess fayose is your role model.

We know where the poorest human beings can be found in Africa.
We also know how your blood was hot to the extent of threatening a parallel government when Jonathan was the President.

Can you see we are not intereted in born to rule crap. We have a Constitution.
Let's see how another man from North will succeed Buhari.
I guess ruling your demonic and terrorist cattle is what you mean.
I hope you are not the same Farouk that attempted to bomb United States airline
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by DaudaAbu(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2016
MadCow1:

How many easterners are in the police? Or like to join the police compared to those in the force from other regions...

Just saying
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by farouk0403(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2016
okeyscrib:

What exactly are you trying to say here?

You heard me already.... southeast and south south are filled up with people that have natural hatred towards the northerners, but unfortunately their hatred is just moving withing a circus between them, you guys can never bring us down.

Tuale to my Yoruba allies. I hail ya
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by MadCow1: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2016
HAH:

The sin of the south east is Biafra war, sadly they are still propagating it, so it will be political suicide to hand over security and political apparatus to people that want to secede,.

As long as the south east keep their agitation to secede they will only be occupying post that willl not make them actualize their dreams.

This is the bitter truth.

I Agree with you that the War did alot of damage to the East and their Political standing in Nigeria.

I absolutely agree with you. But I dont think the solution is marginalizing them and glaringly so.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by farouk0403(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2016
SamMilla1:

We know where the poorest human beings can be found in Africa.
We also know how your blood was hot to the extent of threatening a parallel government when Jonathan was the President.

Can you see we are not intereted in born to rule crap. We have a Constitution.
Let's see how another man from North will succeed Buhari.
I guess ruling your demonic and terrorist cattle is what you mean.
I hope you are not the same Farouk that attempted to bomb United States airline

Lol you mean umar farouk Abdulmutalib? well how I wish I was him it will be great fun I swear.

Back to our conversation, I want you to know that each political party in Nigeria has like 60% northerners. You guys cannot do anything without our knowledge, we are the one that we will push you to the highest seat in the country if we like.

As for the poor people I don't give a dime about them as far as am not among them.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by HAH: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2016
MadCow1:

I Agree with you that the War did alot of damage to the East and their Political standing in Nigeria.

I absolutely agree with you. But I dont think the solution is marginalizing them and glaringly so.

You are very correct, sadly instead of them realize their mistake and mend fences they are further alienating themselves by the renewed agitation, and the irony is that 70%. Of easterners don't live in their land they are in other regions owning business and estate yet they want to leave Nigeria, how do you trust a secessionist.

Take a look at how the other part from Nigeria have assimilated with people from crossrivers, akwa ibom etc because they have move on but my eastern brothers no agree.

As long as they still have grievances and vendetta they will be sort of marginalized because as long as democracy is a game of numbers the coalition of the north and south west will govern for long
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by DaudaAbu(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=engineerboat post=46793371]Following the appointment of Ibrahim Idris as the new Inspector General of Police, the six Deputy Inspectors General of Police who served under IGP Solomon Ehigiator Arase are to be retired.
The six DIG’s are:
1. Dan-Azumi Job Doma, DIG in charge Finance and Administration (A) department,
2. DIG Sotonye Wakama, DIG in charge Operations (B) department,
3. DIG Ibrahim Mamman Tsafe, DIG in charge Logistics and Supplies (C) department.
4. DIG Kakwa Christopher Katso, DIG in charge Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID),
5. DIG Cynthia Amaju Onu, DIG in charge ICT,
6. DIG Jubril Olawale Adeniji,

According to Vanguard’s investigation, ten Assistant Inspectors General (AIGs) of Police under the former dispensation were senior of the new IGP. They include former AIG zone 2 Lagos, Ibrahim Manko, AIG in charge Force Secretary, AIG Patrick Dokumor, AIG in charge Zone 7, Abuja, AIG Balla Nasarawa, AIG Tambari Mohammed, AIG Bala Hassan, AIG in charge Zone 2, Lagos, AIG Yahaya Ardo, AIG Musa Daura, AIG Baba Adisa Bolanta, AIG Usman Gwary and AIG Tunde Ogunsakin.

It was gathered that the status of this set of Assistant Inspectors General of Police, will be decided by the Federal government, who will determine those among them to be appointed Deputy Inspectors Generals of Police and if the rest should continue or be asked to proceed on retirement. The appointment of the DIGs will however reflect the six geo-political zones of the country. The input of the new IGP will however play a key role in the determination of the positions to be given the senior officers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/digs-to-be-retired-as/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[/quote

Even if a DIG was picked frm amongst the DIG and senior AIG, whats the probability that a southerner would have emerged?

Less than 25%.

So stop shouting northern agenda. The acting IG is frm niger state

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by DedeNkem: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Mostly Northerners, that's why Nigerian police is the most incompetent and corrupt today.
Ab*okis are NOT leaders, they screw everything up!

They don't know anything about leadership, except when it comes perpetrating corruption. They're the most corrupt ethnic group in West Africa!
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by Bimpe29: 10:50am On Jun 22, 2016
What a wonderful memory lane! May God bless Nigeria.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by MamaletASO: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Arase has done well..
Give it to him.. Kudos!!!
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by enigma2007(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
For people shouting marginalization, someone asked up there "How many south easterners are in the police?" and let me add one more question, "how many are in the position to be promoted to IGP?"

People need to stop playing the tribal cards...You need to be in position to be recognized else its an exercise in futility..

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by acenazt: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dottore:
Arase was the best IGP. He was he reigned as IGP for just 1 year and 2months but he made serious impact which I believe no other IGP had ever done.
This man made the welfare of the Police Officers a very high priority especially the rank and file. He notably said in several occasion that they are the people that actually do the bulk of Police work. He massively motivated them with massive arase neva retire naapromotions and special promotions. His aim being that a motivated officer is an efficient officer.

He constructed and commissioned an average of 250 houses in 7 locations each throughout the entire federation for the junior officers. Making a total of about 1,400 semi detached bungalows.
I witnessed the commissioning of the ones in Umuahia, Enugu and Benin. The estate in Benin was named after the late Oba of Benin,. the one of Umuahia was named after Mike Okiro and Enugu State was named Ogbonnaya Onovo.

He constructed 3 nos three blocks of 12 flats each (36 flats) just opposite Force Headquarters for Commissioners of Police working at the Force Headquarters to help alleviate housing challenges especially for newly posted ones in Abuja.

He built and Commissioned new police stations/posts, Police Cooperatives Shopping Mall in Garki, Police Hospital in Benin, ultra modern police Conference Centre in Benin.
Their are other ongoing projects like the construction of shopping mall in Enugu, construction of Police Cooperatives ultra modern hotel in Ikeja Lagos. (very big project) I just pray the new IGP would continue the project

All these in just one year. I believe the man could have done more if hadn't reached his retirement age.
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by acenazt: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dottore:
This man made the welfare of the Police Officers a very high priority especially the rank and file. He notably said in several occasion that they are the people that actually do the bulk of Police work. He massively motivated them with massive promotions and special promotions. His aim being that a motivated officer is an efficient officer.

arase never retire naa
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by skypeople(f): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dottore:

he is loved by officers both military and paramilitary, he commissioned police legal building in Abuja, police budget building, police pension house, police housing building, police cooperative building, etc. He separated police from the incapacitated pension commission among other welfare

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Adorable Photo / Election Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Reacts To Supreme Court's Ruling / Ondo APC Primary: Angry Mob Beats Up Health Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.