Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (72311 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria And Also The Recquirements? / Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2017
chloedogie:

I'm sure you didn't read that guy's line very well. He said 1.4million per flight. Which means if he flies 20 times in a week, his cousin must have earned 28 million. Hope you grab now?
Oh I didn't see that line

But pilots get 20 to 30k every Friday for weekend flexing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Skmoda360(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2017
Op i bet you need to try oversee schools especially US so that you can have upper hand incase of job and salary if there is enough cash.
http://www.pea.com ( Phoenix East Aviation, Florida, but their fees is too much that's why i had to opt for my degree.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 7:30am On Nov 08, 2017
lakesguy:
I'm sure they still earn more than professors of some higher institution...
lol I dey tell you . no be by book

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by danthamccoy(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

Are you a pilot ?

Please stop giving wrong figures.

Ordinary a flight dispatcher with Air peace earns 150 to 200k month salary and you're here saying what's not.
That guy gave a very detailed write up and you jumped in and gave a rebuttal, saying he doesn't know what he's saying. Oya answer the question and give us the facts na, you cannot or will not.
You're an upcoming artiste, that everyone knows. For all we know, that dude may be in the aviation industry. Na wa.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by discman2k2(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2017
Hahahhahahahha, then how much us the total fees paid by the passengers, even for a Boeing 737, my guy?
Use ur sense calculate na.
Settingz321:
according to my pilot cousin, around 1.4million per flight

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by nelsonebby(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2017
700k most pilot are foreigners anyway.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by oglalasioux(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2017
Settingz321:

How much did the airline make on the flight?
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by nelsonebby(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2017
purpleblood:
Generally there are number of variables that determines what an airline pilot earn monthly such as:
1. Years of experience
2. Type ratings
3. Flying hours
4. The airline
5. Rank of the pilot

A fresh pilot from aviation school with a NCAA Comercial Pilot Licence (CPL), without type rating, may find it difficult to secure a job in Nigeria. If the person manages to get a job with an airline that would send him to a type rating course, the person may earn around 200K to 500K naira monthly depending on the airline.

Someone with type rating (a first officer) may earn around 300K to 800K. Again this depends on the airline. The aircraft he's rated on, and his flying hours.

Finally a captain (the authority on the aircraft) would earn around 500K to 1.5M monthly. The specific salary again depends on the airline. The aircraft he's the captain on ( a Cessna captain can't earn same with B737 captain).

Airline Pilots abroad can earn up to $10,000 - $25000 monthly (that's 2-5million assuming exchange rate to be 1:200). Because you cannot compare Emirates pilot with local Air peace pilots.

If you are considering flying as a career in Nigeria; make sure you have a plan for employment after spending the millions they pay at NCAT for training. Right now, very few aircraft are flying in Nigeria. Airlines are closing down. If you're getting a scholarship fine, grab it.

To get a clearer picture of how pilots are being paid depending on country and experience visit:
www payscale.com
no pilot earns more than $3000 per month.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Gwazah(m): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

Are you a pilot ?

Please stop giving wrong figures.

Ordinary a flight dispatcher with Air peace earns 150 to 200k month salary and you're here saying what's not.
source! because the above poster have a source of infos thats why we believed him more.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Settingz321:
Do you think airlines covers such amount in all their trips in Nigeria?

Let's say Port Harcourt to Lagos is 30k and 50 passengers board the flight, that's 1.5m and your cousin pilot will then warn 1.4m?

Tell him I said congratulations he can lie for Africa

10 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Settingz321:

this one weak me
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by dolphinife: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2017
What most people don't consider is that fixed salary is different from flight allowance. I understand that most airlines in Nigeria have fixed salary and variable flight allowance.

The totality of your flight allowance is always 3 times that of your basic salary at the end of the month, though depending on the numbers of hours you flew.

In arik, for a starter, your basic salary and flight allowance might earn you about 800k for the month, Aero pays more than any airline in Nigeria, and Bristow pays more than any helicopter company in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by martynsnet: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

Oh I didn't see that line

But pilots get 20 to 30k every Friday for weekend flexing.

u still haven't told us where u work as ATC, is it duty fee u are calling weekend flexing money? don't come and form expert on issue u know little about.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2017
danthamccoy:

That guy gave a very detailed write up and you jumped in and gave a rebuttal, saying he doesn't know what he's saying. Oya answer the question and give us the facts na, you cannot or will not.
You're an upcoming artiste, that everyone knows. For all we know, that dude may be in the aviation industry. Na wa.
You only know me as an upcoming artiste because thats what I want you guys to know about me.

I play a very significant role in the aviation sector and I deal directly with the pilot both local and international.

That's all I've got to say.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:06am On Nov 08, 2017
martynsnet:

u still haven't told us where u work as ATC, is it duty fee u are calling weekend flexing money? don't come and former expert on issue u know little about.
Lol
Well you call it duty fee but the earners call it flexing money .

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by lagdmark(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2017
Settingz321:
Which cousin, you didn't even understand the question.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by martynsnet: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

Lol
Well you call it duty fee but the earners call it flexing money .

No, we don't call it flexing money, neither do we get it every Friday and you still haven't told us where u work as ATC cos I definitely would have met you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by wildchild02: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2017
Hmmmm

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:10am On Nov 08, 2017
martynsnet:

No, we don't call it flexing money, neither do we get it every Friday and you still haven't told us where u work as ATC cos I definitely would have met you.
Which of the Airlines do you work for ..

I will be on duty tomorow afternoon.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by nwabobo: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

He's right .

The highest paid are the helicopter pilots who earn over 3million .

An ordinary flight dispatcher with air peace earn 150 to 200k monthly .

He's right that a pilot in Nigeria earns 1.4M per flight? Make una fear God. How much does a local flight fully booked make?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2017
nwabobo:

He's right that a pilot in Nigeria earns 1.4M per flight? Make unable fear God. How much does a local flight fully booked make?
Not per flight, it's per month .

But pilots get 20 to 30k weekly as duty fee.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by dabossman(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2017
martynsnet:

Okay, this is getting interesting. *grabs popcorn*

Airforce1, over to you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by martynsnet: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:
send me a PM tomorrow when u are at work. will call u out on the radio.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2017
dabossman:

Okay, this is getting interesting. *grabs popcorn*

Airforce1, over to you.

I've replied him.

He's an FO I believe.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by AleAirHub(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2017
The salary is dmmm low compare to the risk involved...
God reject that useless offer. 200k per monthly shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by dabossman(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

Airforce1, you be ticketing agent? grin Just kidding.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2017
martynsnet:

send me a PM tomorrow when u are at work. will call u out on the radio.
Are you on domestic route or international?
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2017
dabossman:

Airforce1, you be ticketing agent? grin Just kidding.
No

But most ticket agents live large than most bankers.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by dabossman(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

I've replied him.

He's an FO I believe.

Cool. I totally love flying. If I'd experienced it in my teens I would probably have pursued a career as a pilot

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by danthamccoy(m): 8:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

You only know me as an upcoming artiste because thats what I want you guys to know about me.

I play a very significant role in the aviation sector and I deal directly with the pilot both local and international.

That's all I've got to say.
Pffft. And I am a Vatican Cardinal. I hear you bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Joins The US Army. Photos / Pilot Career / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.