Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. (44557 Views)

Buhari ‘warns Aides Over Obasanjo’ / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has warned those agitating for the Republic of Biafra as well as Niger Delta militants who are destroying oil installations in the region.
Speaking at the State House in Abuja

Tuesday night at the breaking of fast dinner for members of the Federal Executive Council, Buhari asked Biafra agitators and the militants to reflect "very seriously" on the Civil War of 1967-1970 "where about two million Nigerians lost their lives."

He said: "And at that time, as young military officers, you hardly heard of anything about petroleum or whatever money you got from it. Look at what Gen. Gowon said `To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done’ and every soldier whether he has been to school or not knew what the general meant.

"But we were quarrelling with our brothers, we were not fighting an enemy and then somebody is saying that once again, he wants Biafra. I think this is because he was not born when there was Biafra. We have to reflect on the historical antecedents to appreciate what is before us now and what we intend to leave for our children and our grand children."

President Buhari also said that "Leading the people is not a joke. It means accepting responsibilities for good or wrong."
The president also stated that Nigeria needed a lot of prayers in view of the current economic and security challenge.

"We need a lot of prayers. Certainly, with the nation’s economy going down. We haven’t developed the agriculture, we're still trying to talk on those who'll come and develop the solid mineral for us," he said. Buhari said Ramadan provides leaders the opportunity to be more conscious of their responsibilities to the citizens.

"It strengthens our resolve to build our country to make it stronger and to make sure that the incoming generations are sufficiently motivated to be patriotic. It's no news that we are the biggest country in Africa, we're the economy engine of Africa, which are true by the way. But, we must always be patriotic in our dealings with others.

"This month of prayers and service to God, let's keep on these prayers all the times, believing that God in His infinite mercy will listen to our prayers, give us peace, security and better the economy once more so that we can quickly rebuild and even do more for the country. 

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who spoke on behalf of the cabinet members, thanked Buhari for inviting them for the breaking of fast dinner

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-warns-biafra-agitators-n-delta-militants/152130.html#bgDbB1L8Y67zMtFq.99

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by fulanimafia: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
You've all heard the war veteran.

If those that dared to attack the military during their secession protests had reflected 'very seriously' about the avoidable Biafran war and the outcome, some wouldn't be 6 feet down in the earth today like those that came before them.

Reflect. Very. Seriously. And. Be. Wise.

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2016

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by geraldmezi(m): 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
he done mean it i think
Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
Baba we need RESULTS Of this government! Leave speeches to Prof Osunbade

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by hartopher76: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
then my question is this; why is it that buhari, and his party APC find it difficult taking responsibility for there failure instead they blame GEJ even one year of being in power?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by ofeoil: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
The only problem I see here is that this is not 1967.

This is the problem wen a man at departure lounge is asked to preside. This is 2016.

Go ahead and commit genocide, we wont rest until u make ur appearance in the Hague for war crime.

As e be u, na so e be us, we are fully committed.

If Buhari don't kill 30million den he is a bastard.

As a dictator he did not last one year, so he is turning out democracy to dictatorship. The coward was the only dictator displaced without one gun shot!

283 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by ofeoil: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
We know u sacked SS/SE from the army in preparation of genocide but we are not yorubas, we will face our death in millions with conviction and resolute in our resolve. We cannot be change.

However, u are going down as a terrorist and brutal dictator. The world need a recent reminder of Y Hitler was an evil tyrant.

255 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
I think all these Biafra agitator are delusional, I think dey 4get so soon dat "War"' is a big stigma/threat 2 national development...

Let's embrace unity in dis country my fella Nigerians...

#UnitedWeStand #I_Love_9ja

I am AF_Mayjor!!!

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by iamDiabolic(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
I-pap yoot over to you.its none of my business if u guys secede though,I won't support or condemn y'll

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
ofeoil:
We know u sacked SS/SE from the army in preparation of genocide but we are not yorubas, we will face our death in millions with conviction and resolute in our resolve.
We cannot be change. However, u are going down as a terrorist and brutal dictator. The world need a recent reminder of Y Hitler was an evil man.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nature8(m): 12:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Ok..
Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by MXrep: 12:14am On Jun 22, 2016
Nigg.a still still living in the past. Analogue baba. Things have changed, this is not 1967

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by youngeagle(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2016
This man is really a dullard...while always referring to war,he is still living in the past,and if you live in the past you will hve to settle for less.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by tanteta(m): 12:29am On Jun 22, 2016
This man is really not ready to listen.
This is a democracy and not a dictatorship.
People reserve the right to self-determination.
Thread carefully, Mr president. YOU ARE ONLY BUT ONE MAN

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by M4gunners: 12:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Did he say anything about 5% please? Did he accept that calling some people 5% is a big insult to we the ND ?Until he accept that and apologise, he's still the president of the north.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 22, 2016
youngeagle:
This man is really a dullard...
shocked shocked shocked

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Expensivewarrio: 12:52am On Jun 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by lunaticfringe: 12:54am On Jun 22, 2016
The war statements are already stale just like the dullard tahat is a president...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 22, 2016
fulanimafia:

If those that dared to attack the military during their secession protests had reflected 'very seriously' about the avoidable Biafran war and the outcome, some wouldn't be 6 feet down in the earth today like those that came before them.

Excellent talk. Any attempt at secession must necessarily lead to war. Nigeria's unity cannot be negotiated except by force of arms

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by fratermathy(m): 1:17am On Jun 22, 2016
We destroy our own environment in other to spite government as if those in power will feel it. Simple truth is that they won't! They have eaten enough money to last them for generations. It's the common man that will suffer it. Our environment has been destroyed, rivers polluted, no development anywhere & youth restiveness but we add self destruction to all these because of "our oil" mentality. What have our leaders done for us? What have the so-called freedom fighters done for the common man? We keep blaming government that builds schools, hospitals, etc for us and yet we can't see our own enemies. We Niger Deltans and even the south easterners are so wicked to ourselves and self centred. We are cruel to our plight and only God can help us, not the government, not federalism and not even secession. Even if we have Niger Delta republic or Biafra today, worse problems shall emerge because the same wicked and self centred hegemonic people will still be at the helms of affairs. So there is no utopia for us unless we fight for our rights, the right way.

The government has not done enough, granted! But why do we cause more havoc? Violence is not the way. Scoring own goals is not the way.

We can dialogue, involve international groups and other nations, cause civil disobedience, protest, etc but never violence or self destruction. Look at the American Civil rights movement and learn a lesson or two from there.

It is well..

I remain that very sharp Urhobo boy!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by agitator: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2016
fulanimafia:

Is it the same war veteran who promised to lead the boko haram fight from the front but have never been to the frontline? grin grin grin

Kudos9ja:
I think all these Biafra agitator are delusional, I think dey 4get so soon dat "War"' is a big stigma/threat 2 national development...

Let's embrace unity in dis country my fella Nigerians...

#UnitedWeStand #I_Love_9ja

I am AF_Mayjor!!!

This cliche is over used. No matter the amount of fear you try to spread, it won't deter people. grin grin grin

"The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear." - Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Abeymills(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2016
I said it before bubuhari is simply evil n wicked stupid old tyrant zombies over2 u

28 Likes

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by VirginFinder: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
kropotkin2:
Excellent talk. Any attempt at secession must necessarily lead to war. Nigeria's unity cannot be negotiated except by force of arms

Nonsense talk!
Nigeria may NEVER progress if some sections of it are discontented.
We are watching....

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by otukpo(f): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
He is still warning?.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by PapaBrowne(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2016
This is the kind of speech that caused Nigeria to loose a million barrels of crude and achieve a record 0 megawatts of power.

I'm not one to insult a leader but I must admit that with this kind of thinking, we have a foolish president.

You are telling people to remember Biafra in a way that suggests that you are ready to kill another 2 million people to keep the Phantom "one Nigeria ". What kinda leader speaks like this to a large section of the country.

What would be wrong if he says, as a people we need to discuss from time to time to perfect our unity. Whatever makes so so and so section of the country feel aggrieved should be looked into. Whatever makes so and so section of the country terribly poor even when others Progress should be looked into.

What kinda president speaks foolishly like this. The next thing now Avengers would ground oil production and you'll run to London again to treat hair loss and leave the mess for Osibanjo to clean up. Nonsense.

192 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by Tjohnnay: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2016
undecided
Re: Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. by looseweight: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2016
This is getting interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo,Ambode And Adeboye At Tafewa Balewa Square Today For Excel 2015(pics / Court Sacks Senator Atai Aidoko / Throwback Photo Of Tinubu And Atiku Commissioning A Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.